EY

EY Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and great team
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2014
Pros: vacation days, long weekends in the summer
I have had an amazing experience with my current opportunity and have learned and grown very much in my 4 and a half years. I have also built a great rapport with many different people and service lines within the company.
Long hours, little vacations
Technology (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: nice to show off that you work for "ey"
Cons: long hours, little vacations, no personal life.
Work Work Work. Salary is not bad but long hours and little vacation days, so overall, the pay is not any better than other companies for similar roles. If you are not a CA, don't work for EY. No one appreciates your hard work. Though company expects you to work for 24/7.
A good place to learn
Consultant, Taxation (Former Employee), Chennai, TNMarch 23, 2014
It is a very good place to lean and lots of platform and independence to prove oneself.
Excellent
Assistant Manager, Audit (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMarch 13, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: lessor benifits
I've learned a lot at EY. All the staff is so professional and educated that I learn new thing almost everyday.
Productive and fast moving env.
Assistant Manager, EY (Former Employee), IndiaFebruary 22, 2014
Entrepreneurial environment at EY - it helps you take charge of your own career
A friendly but hard working culture
Associate (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 26, 2014
A typical working day at E&Y similar to other professional service firms tends to be filled with learning opportunities and a great bunch of people. Due to the lack of work life balance the odds are that the team will be together for the majority of the day and it helps to have people who are both friendly, hard working and great fun to be around.

The – more... management are experienced and from what i have witnessed very street smart which provides a lot of learning when it comes to client handling and looking at the same information from a different more relevant perspective.

Apart from the lack of work life balance the growth up the ladder is slow and relatively low remuneration compared to the expectation work wise is not healthy. – less
Great experience, great teams
Auditor (Former Employee), Moscow, RussiaJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: busy season
Great professional experience, diverse locations, great team work and team spirit
Employment that provides international cross-sector experience with frequent training sessions.
Assistant Manager - Transaction Advisory Services (Current Employee), JohannesburgJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work involves meetings to discuss engagements that the various teams may be working on to discuss progress, set-backs, developments etc. Teams also hold meetings to discuss the financial and operational performance of the department as well as any developments in the various methodologies the department employs and or thought leadership. – more... A day at work also involves meetings with clients (in person/email/telephone) as well as preperation of client deliverables.

During my time with EY I have learnt various skills including valuations and business modelling, financial analysis, capital raising as well as mergers and acquisitions. In additional to these professional skills I have also learnt to sharpen my soft skills in the work environemnt.

Mannagement at EY take an active role in the development of employees through an ongoing review and feedback process adopted by the firm.

My co-workers include a diverse mix of individual from different parts of teh world including the United States of America, Europe, Asia and India.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the international and cross sector experience. – less
Excellent team
Intern Business Consultancy/Advisory (Former Employee), Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaDecember 11, 2013
Pros: professionalism, excellent exposure to challenging projects, great work ethic
Cons: 60 hour work week is an absolute must
EY TAS in Jeddah is a highly competitive and professional and growing unit. Management is world class and there are excellent colleges to learn from. An advantage of working in the relatively small Jeddah office is immediate exposure to challenging high level projects. For anyone looking to starttheir professional services career in Saudi Arabia, this – more... is an excellent team to learn and develop with. – less
Good working conditions, and opportunities for innovation
Associate (Current Employee), Thiruvananthapuram, KLDecember 6, 2013
Pros: free snacks, celebrations of important occassions, bday gifts, tours
Cons: politics
An excellent firm with good colleagues and alot of opportunities created for growth
Good resources and structured learning
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONDecember 3, 2013
EY has a highly structured training programs and many opportunities to learn.

Work/life balance is not great here, as you will have to do long hours.
What you learned?
Human Resources Coordinator (Co-op Student) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2013
I have learned a great deal of relationship building in the workplace with hourly associates and senior managers as well.
Good company to work for. EY promotes an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2013
Pros: a lot of networking and career grow opportunities.
I had a rewarding Summer 2012 accounting internship experience at Ernst & Young.
Organized Teamwork
Associate (Former Employee), Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaSeptember 23, 2013
Usually I would be at the office by 8:00 AM meet with my senior and have a brief discussion about the business nature of the next client and the type of work required. After that the whole team (made of a senior auditor, manager in charge and me) arranges a meeting with the client to meet with the finance manager, chief accountant, and staff accountants – more... to discuss the work requirements and the deadlines. After that the senior and I relocate ourselves in an office given to us by the client at the client's accounting department. The first thing we receive from the client is the financial statements reviewed by the chief accountant and finance manager to start the audit. We start with the planning phase to understand more about the business accounting cycles and significant accounts. After determining the significant accounts we start determining the test of controls and substantive analytical procedures required for the audit. – less
Great company
Trainee (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPSeptember 13, 2013
EY was a great company to work with a great career plan. I learned a lot there and now I am able to work at many different areas due to the variety of work I've done there.
The hardest part are the long work hours and the impossibility to study at a college or school when you work there.
The best part was the big companies you get to know and the different – more... ways of work. – less
very good training skills aqcuired
Senior Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Kampala UgandaSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: free training on the job
Cons: consolidated salary with few benefits
My typical day at work is filled with making a things to list the day before, start with priorities and end with the less priority tasks. It also involves field work, like liaising with suppliers and banks. I supervise colleagues and make sure office operations are running smoothly. hardest part of the job is crisis management, handling last minute – more... tasks that have immediate deadlines, really disorganize me. Even inconsistencies that come up during working hours like things that need urgent repairs sometimes suppliers don't keep their work and come in immediately.

The most enjoyable part is that amidst all the busy schedules, I have supportive friends – less
Low work-life balance, low salary
Human Resources Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2013
EY is a great place for those aspiring to get their CA - but not so great for those in support functions, such as HR.
good place to learn
Senior since late 2010 (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: long hours
good place to start, good culture, good professional environment, high pressure
Productive and fun place to work - you work with people who work hard and play hard
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 12, 2013
Pros: lots of parties
Cons: having to do back up jobs on a regular basis
Days can range from CRAZY BUSY to a slow pace when not tax time.
Learned to give your best each day - bring a positive attitude and a can do attitude to work
Good management
Friendly coworkers
Doing back up jobs on a regular basis
Being the hub of the wheel and meeting deadlines.
great people, great work
Senior (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 9, 2013
EY is a great place to work. We have excellent clients and challenging projects.

1 2 3 4 5

About EY

EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help – Read more