EY Employee Reviews

Good Learning environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Philippines18 November 2016
good working relationship with colleagues and direct superiors. I have been exposed with different aspects of accounting cycle which has become a foundation of my professional experience
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Long working hours
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2016
Enjoyed working at EY, grew in my career path, excellent team to work with. Enjoyed glorious days at EY. Gained a lot of varied experience and exposure
Pros
Great people culture
Cons
Family oriented
Excellent opportunities to grow and learn
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
- Focused on client delivery
- Driving additional initiatives - FSO Lunch & Learn , FSO Townhall Committee
- Managed resources to deliver client engagements
- Cross functional teams
- Diversity
Pros
Cross cultural learning
Cons
Limited work life balance
Good global presence
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
A great place to work. Innovative technology. Great team and camaraderie. Loved the culture there.
Fun place to work. Several events during the year and we were well fed. The hardest part of the job was there was no opportunity to move upward.
Pros
During summer we were given extra long weekends off.
Cons
Management should work on long term people retention
A perfect place for new graduate student to begin career.
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  杭州市6 October 2016
In peak season, we always go to clients' office do field work and we have to finish our work under time pressure.
I have learned good communication skills with clients, managers, other experts and colleagues.
Time management is extreme important to do this job.
After applicate and use my professional knowledge learned at school in working, I had a huge improvement on my technical skills and accounting, business knowledge.
Colleagues are excellent people. we should work together, live together, share interest things together.
challenging and constantly getting feedback from managers and co-workers
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 September 2016
work starts 8:30 and ends 5:00 during regular seasons,
more overtime during busy season (around 10hours perday)
conduct field work at the client's site
get coached by senior staff and managers
prepare and document the working papers
get the managers to review the working papers
clear the review notes from managers
have to study the CPA knowledge after work
co-workers are very helpful
managerment are very experienced
Excellent place to start a career
Senior at Ernst & Young (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 September 2016
Excellent work environment, great people, inclusive culture
Dynamic and fun place to work, great opportunities for advancement and excellent compensation.
Extremely positive work culture with variety of assignments under the risk advisory function
RISK CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  THE RUBY, DADAR, MUMBAI13 September 2016
A typical day at work for me as a risk advisory consultant would be taking a review from subordinates for previous day's work and delegating the day's work to them.

Would involve designing of test steps to analyze the level of risk a media company faces in various functions like - marketing, hr, broadcasting, editorial, etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the liberty to interact with clients and the independence given by seniors to take decisions.
Hard work can pay off
DATA ANALYTICS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
I have worked in EY for approximately 1 year and it is a truly fun place to work. Mind you, you will work extensive hours but as a staff/ senior you make overtime so it balances out a little. Due to the extensive hours it is a bit impeding on your personal time but what job isn't?

I've learned a tremendous amount of business politics and management consulting above anything else.

Co-workers are great people. My advice is to observe carefully everyone. Observation is a key principle to take away from this job.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
EY is a great place to work and the recognition from management is given to each employee. The Company recognizes how busy things can get and supports all its employees as much as possible.
Its a great place to work with supportive seniors and managers, its like working in a family business
Tax Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 July 2016
Great place, great people, great leader, always ready to help, its like working with friends and family, Good Salary for starter, great benefits,
Pros
Everything can be counted as pros
Cons
SLow time of the year, hard to kill a day with time sheet
great work culture and lot of on the job coaching to enhance learning skills
Senior Consultant Risk Advisory (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2016
Ernst and Young provided me the opportunity to learn a lot and thus enhance my skills. The open work culture helped a lot to make the atmosphere friendly and work better. The most important benefit was to meet clients and work for financial sectors like TD Bank, Home Trust Company, Ontario Pension Board, etc. This helped me to improve my client facing skills and improve my communication skills. Also co workers were very helpful.
EY (co-op to Manager)
Manager, Assurance Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2016
Fantastic place to start your career where you work with smart people, in a fast paced environment where a lot is expected.
Productive and recognition to the hard work
Supervising Associate Facility Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2016
My day-to-day job involves efficiently managing others, communicating complex data to the technical team and breaking down this information for clients and stakeholders.

Problem-solving and troubleshooting are tasks which I face on a daily basis and am confident at resolving. When there is an issue, as often happens in facility operation, I am sure to investigate the issue fully, scope out the best methods to resolve it, probe implications of each method, and communicate the data clearly with all relevant team members.
Experience Hire Recruiting
Experience Hire Recruitment(Talent Acquisition) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
A result and performance oriented professional with 8+ years of diverse experience in customer/client facing roles. Excellent presentation and communication skills.Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a go-getter attitude
Good Balance
Immigration Billing Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
Ernst & Young Law LLP has a great work life balance that allows anyone to meet commitments outside of work hours, if need be.
Employer of choice
Assistant Manager - Tax (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
EY is a great organisation to work with multiple options to grow and explore and is a great place for women employees to work.
Stay away
Manager Financial Services Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 March 2016
Typical day at work - until very late night
There is a lot to learn - But that comes with the stress of not having weekends or personal life.
Management - Hit and miss, some departments might have reasonable managers others have it really bad
Co-workers - Most co-workers were nice since we spent that much time in office together. Still, some were eager to step on bodies to move up.
Pros
Many things to learn
Cons
You give your life for this
Great place to learn
Senior Staff Accountant, Toronto Audit Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
Great firm as a new graduate and CPA candidate. Great people and culture. Learn a lot here and everyone was willing to help you.
Great company with many opportunities!
Lawyer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2016
I really enjoyed working at Ernst & Young and would recommend it to anyone. I worked with their tax group and only left after having been offered another position that I could not turn down (not with one of their competitors).