EY Employee Review

Fun and fast-paced environment where there is lots to learn and lots of great people to learn from
FSO Tax Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 November 2013
A typical day at work includes catching up on daily tax email to stay current with tax news, finishing up an assignment given to me by my senior on the engagement I'm on and then proceeding to my next task or reaching out to other team members to help out on their engagements. The biggest thing I learned on the job is how to work with many different people and that people have different teaching and working styles, but in the end, we all want the same thing: a complete, accurate and awesome deliverable that will make our client happy. The hardest part of the job is definitely trying to maintain a work-life balance, most specifically during busy seasons, when deadlines are imminent but work is never-ending. The most enjoyable parts of the job are twofold: my co-workers liven the atmosphere at work, when we have to stay late or at after-work socials where we have time to bond a bit, and they are some of the brightest people I know; and there is always so much to learn, from getting a handle on the new technology, to understanding new tax concepts and the reasoning behind why we treat certain items the way we do, according to the code or to our company's interpretation of the issue--so I am never bored on the job.

Other EY Employee Reviews

Great experience
Qualified Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater London12 January 2018
Gives you a great experience to put on your CV. People are very supportive of your other commitments and are willing to allow you the time to pursue them.
Great international learning environment
Market Enablement Leader, (Current Employee) –  Bezirk Z├╝rich, ZH9 January 2018
Excellent opportunities to learn and work internationally. Global firm with colleagues from different cultures and backgrounds. Suitable for various skill sets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.