EY Employee Review

Fun and fast-paced environment where there is lots to learn and lots of great people to learn from
FSO Tax Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 November 2013
A typical day at work includes catching up on daily tax email to stay current with tax news, finishing up an assignment given to me by my senior on the engagement I'm on and then proceeding to my next task or reaching out to other team members to help out on their engagements. The biggest thing I learned on the job is how to work with many different people and that people have different teaching and working styles, but in the end, we all want the same thing: a complete, accurate and awesome deliverable that will make our client happy. The hardest part of the job is definitely trying to maintain a work-life balance, most specifically during busy seasons, when deadlines are imminent but work is never-ending. The most enjoyable parts of the job are twofold: my co-workers liven the atmosphere at work, when we have to stay late or at after-work socials where we have time to bond a bit, and they are some of the brightest people I know; and there is always so much to learn, from getting a handle on the new technology, to understanding new tax concepts and the reasoning behind why we treat certain items the way we do, according to the code or to our company's interpretation of the issue--so I am never bored on the job.

Other EY Employee Reviews

Good place progress your career to learn
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 November 2017
Pros:

- Work with like-minded individuals
- Very flexible hours
- Get to see many different accounting/tax scenarios -> great for learning

Cons:

- Tone at the top - management is not very appreciative nor do they make an attempt at trying to relate to staff
- Takes a long time to progress financially
- Long hours and many deadlines can cause stress
Best place on earth
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Delhi27 October 2017
I was in EY for a short period, but it's really one of the best places on earth to work. They work really really hard and then they party harder. Salaries could be a little better though. Overall it's a great place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.