EY Employee Review

Organized Teamwork
Associate (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, Saudi Arabia23 September 2013
Usually I would be at the office by 8:00 AM meet with my senior and have a brief discussion about the business nature of the next client and the type of work required. After that the whole team (made of a senior auditor, manager in charge and me) arranges a meeting with the client to meet with the finance manager, chief accountant, and staff accountants to discuss the work requirements and the deadlines. After that the senior and I relocate ourselves in an office given to us by the client at the client's accounting department. The first thing we receive from the client is the financial statements reviewed by the chief accountant and finance manager to start the audit. We start with the planning phase to understand more about the business accounting cycles and significant accounts. After determining the significant accounts we start determining the test of controls and substantive analytical procedures required for the audit.

Other EY Employee Reviews

Good place progress your career to learn
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 November 2017
Pros:

- Work with like-minded individuals
- Very flexible hours
- Get to see many different accounting/tax scenarios -> great for learning

Cons:

- Tone at the top - management is not very appreciative nor do they make an attempt at trying to relate to staff
- Takes a long time to progress financially
- Long hours and many deadlines can cause stress
Best place on earth
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Delhi27 October 2017
I was in EY for a short period, but it's really one of the best places on earth to work. They work really really hard and then they party harder. Salaries could be a little better though. Overall it's a great place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.