EY Employee Review

Organized Teamwork
Associate (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, Saudi Arabia23 September 2013
Usually I would be at the office by 8:00 AM meet with my senior and have a brief discussion about the business nature of the next client and the type of work required. After that the whole team (made of a senior auditor, manager in charge and me) arranges a meeting with the client to meet with the finance manager, chief accountant, and staff accountants to discuss the work requirements and the deadlines. After that the senior and I relocate ourselves in an office given to us by the client at the client's accounting department. The first thing we receive from the client is the financial statements reviewed by the chief accountant and finance manager to start the audit. We start with the planning phase to understand more about the business accounting cycles and significant accounts. After determining the significant accounts we start determining the test of controls and substantive analytical procedures required for the audit.

Other EY Employee Reviews

Ey
Senior Tax Advisor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia13 February 2018
The motto "work hard; play hard" is probably something uttered only by liars. High turnover may be a trouble reality, but it's also the business model!
An essential part of any professional's business education and experience
Business Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kuwait31 January 2018
Big Four firms are known for the tough working environment and the lack of work life balance but EY in my opinion is the most advanced out of all the Big 4 in terms of producing well-rounded professionals who can work under pressure and produce great quality work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K