EY

EY Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learned may things
Assurance intern (Former Employee), Singapore, S00July 15, 2014
I enjoyed my time as an assurance intern at EY. Working in assurance during peak is a tough jobs with many datelines but the team spirit is fantastic in this firm.
Ernst & Young- Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: education could be paid from 50-100% depending on what i took, very reputable company, learned a lot of my executive level skills from working here
Cons: some people asked a lot of me and it was not possible when i worked for so many people, i would oftentimes burn myself out because i had trouble saying no or delegating.
A lot of calendaring for my executive and some of the other senior level employees.
External and internal meetings as I worked in Advisory Services. This was a very FAST paced environment.
Here I learned to enjoy the fast pace and really time manage.
We submitted a lot of proposals so I am very familiar with editing/polishing powerpoints etc. for presentations – more... to C-suite externals.
the hardest part of the job was making sure everything was done by deadline and so that put a lot of stress on me. It was my first job out of university so I really value the time I worked at EY for I was taught and learned on my own how to handle high pressure situations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we won a bid and I knew that I helped contribute to that success.

Management and procedures were very organized and there was room for growth. This place was not hypocritical in their values and they did provide growth for their employees.

Co-workers were either really great to work with (regarded me as a friend and co-worker) regardless of what level. OR they were hierarchical and I did not like this. It was quite a big organization so I didn't get the tight family feeling I receive most times at CPPIB. – less
A truly great professional environment filled with L&D
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
Extremely professional environment providing breadth and depth of experience for qualifying CAs
Varied client experience across all industries
Very collaborative people environment
Stellar IT environment
Diversified Exposure to different industries such as Real Estate, Investment Groups, Construction, Manufacturing, Education and Service Sectors
Staff Senior (Current Employee), DubaiJuly 2, 2014
Pros: invaluable exposure, enhance mentoring skills, ability to work as part of team and individually
Cons: long working hours, lack of monetary and other benefits
Ernst & Young has played a detrimental role in my development as a professional accountant by providing me with an opportunity to work on a diversified portfolio of clients.

I have been able to work both individually and in a team in most cases dealing directly with top level management at the client and executives at the firm. I have greatly enhanced – more... by team working capabilities and have also made significant strides in playing the role of a mentor for all my junior staff.

The nature of the work would usually entail highlighting and conducting a client risk assessment which would have a material impact on the company's financial statements. As part of the process, using the appropriate audit techniques and procedures to mitigate the risk and bring it down to an acceptable level. Where the risk impact is material and cannot be mitigated, informing the audit executives of the underlying risk and its potential impact on the financial statements. As part of the work, I have dealt with complex transactions such as loan refinancing, financial instruments. and incorporated the same as part of the final report to the executives and in the year end financial statements.

I have very good working knowledge of MS word, excel and power point along with ERP systems such as Tally, SAP, Great Plains, etc.

Due to the nature of the job, it has been difficult to strike a work life balance which I feel is something that I would look closely for in any of my future employers. I do not avoid hard work but I truly believe that striking a balance would be more productive for an employer in the long run. – less
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: very people friendly company
Cons: you end up in a very super specialised field
It is a great place to work. I have only worked at Ernst & young and have had a great learning experience thre.
E&Y investment in People and it is well run organization
Experienced Tax Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2014
I am an experienced manager on three U.S./ International private equity investment clients. The clients have investment of properties located in the foreign countries such as Japan, Germany, Brazil, Poland and etc. I I am a well communicator and I have great relationship with my client and co-workers.
Long hours but great people
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours/high stress
- Long hours
- Structured advancement in the firm
- Great job security
- Great people
productive and fun place to work
Senior Manager - Risk Management & Internal Audit (Former Employee), karachi, pakistanApril 29, 2014
Pros: trust and integrity in those who perform
Cons: long hours
I spent 12 years with EY and I see myself a s changed person for the better. the place offers a lot of opportunities for those who wish to progress.
Learning Institute
Assistant Manager, Markets Advisory Operations (Former Employee), IndiaApril 26, 2014
Work starts off by reading breakfast news about regional developments

Get to reply to mails

EY provides learning across verticals, competencies and how to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Productive and great team
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2014
Pros: vacation days, long weekends in the summer
I have had an amazing experience with my current opportunity and have learned and grown very much in my 4 and a half years. I have also built a great rapport with many different people and service lines within the company.
Long hours, little vacations
Technology (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: nice to show off that you work for "ey"
Cons: long hours, little vacations, no personal life.
Work Work Work. Salary is not bad but long hours and little vacation days, so overall, the pay is not any better than other companies for similar roles. If you are not a CA, don't work for EY. No one appreciates your hard work. Though company expects you to work for 24/7.
A good place to learn
Consultant, Taxation (Former Employee), Chennai, TNMarch 23, 2014
It is a very good place to lean and lots of platform and independence to prove oneself.
Excellent
Assistant Manager, Audit (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMarch 13, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: lessor benifits
I've learned a lot at EY. All the staff is so professional and educated that I learn new thing almost everyday.
Productive and fast moving env.
Assistant Manager, EY (Former Employee), IndiaFebruary 22, 2014
Entrepreneurial environment at EY - it helps you take charge of your own career
A friendly but hard working culture
Associate (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 26, 2014
A typical working day at E&Y similar to other professional service firms tends to be filled with learning opportunities and a great bunch of people. Due to the lack of work life balance the odds are that the team will be together for the majority of the day and it helps to have people who are both friendly, hard working and great fun to be around.

The – more... management are experienced and from what i have witnessed very street smart which provides a lot of learning when it comes to client handling and looking at the same information from a different more relevant perspective.

Apart from the lack of work life balance the growth up the ladder is slow and relatively low remuneration compared to the expectation work wise is not healthy. – less
Great experience, great teams
Auditor (Former Employee), Moscow, RussiaJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: busy season
Great professional experience, diverse locations, great team work and team spirit
Employment that provides international cross-sector experience with frequent training sessions.
Assistant Manager - Transaction Advisory Services (Current Employee), JohannesburgJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work involves meetings to discuss engagements that the various teams may be working on to discuss progress, set-backs, developments etc. Teams also hold meetings to discuss the financial and operational performance of the department as well as any developments in the various methodologies the department employs and or thought leadership. – more... A day at work also involves meetings with clients (in person/email/telephone) as well as preperation of client deliverables.

During my time with EY I have learnt various skills including valuations and business modelling, financial analysis, capital raising as well as mergers and acquisitions. In additional to these professional skills I have also learnt to sharpen my soft skills in the work environemnt.

Mannagement at EY take an active role in the development of employees through an ongoing review and feedback process adopted by the firm.

My co-workers include a diverse mix of individual from different parts of teh world including the United States of America, Europe, Asia and India.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the international and cross sector experience. – less
Excellent team
Intern Business Consultancy/Advisory (Former Employee), Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaDecember 11, 2013
Pros: professionalism, excellent exposure to challenging projects, great work ethic
Cons: 60 hour work week is an absolute must
EY TAS in Jeddah is a highly competitive and professional and growing unit. Management is world class and there are excellent colleges to learn from. An advantage of working in the relatively small Jeddah office is immediate exposure to challenging high level projects. For anyone looking to starttheir professional services career in Saudi Arabia, this – more... is an excellent team to learn and develop with. – less
Good working conditions, and opportunities for innovation
Associate (Current Employee), Thiruvananthapuram, KLDecember 6, 2013
Pros: free snacks, celebrations of important occassions, bday gifts, tours
Cons: politics
An excellent firm with good colleagues and alot of opportunities created for growth
Good resources and structured learning
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONDecember 3, 2013
EY has a highly structured training programs and many opportunities to learn.

Work/life balance is not great here, as you will have to do long hours.

1 2 3 4 5