EY Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Tax Manager - Wealth & Asset Mgmt -FS Industry (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 August 2017
Good Place for new employees to work for Tax Service Line, who like to take breaks based on the high & lows of the work schedule. No great scope for advancement or allocation of projects based on eligibility/knowledge.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Breaks from Work
Cons
No learning or growth for experienced professionals.
Good benefits, people friendly, good working environment; advanced technology; enable to acquire good working experience
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
The working experiences I had with Ernst &Young has been a fruitful one. I had a good working relationship with my colleagues as well as the management. Employees benefits are great and generous with vacations.
Pros
Free, coffee, chocolates, tea, flexible hours
Cons
Long hours during month end and year end.
Great learning company
National Accounts Collections (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2017
Having worked for EY for 17 years proves that it is a great place to work and learn. Having started at a clerical level and worked my way up to Director shows you how if you have potential you can have a great career at EY.
Pros
Great Professional Work Place
Cons
None come to mind
Their cutting edge technology makes projects more easy to work with.
Intermediate Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2017
EY takes care of their employees from A to Z. It is an enjoyable place to work. Their cutting edge technology is available through a very experienced IT team. This makes projects more easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible job setting
Cons
Large volume of work during tax season
amazing place to develop as a professional
Accountant, Assurance & Advisory (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 July 2017
work hard, stay motivated, stay positive and you will succeed and be happy within your career. Ensure you proactively schedue your life and busy season wont be so bad.
Awful place to work. No other way to say it.
Senior Principal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
Only concern is profit.

Employees are simply cogs in a wheel and replaceable.

Complete disregard for work/life balance.

No real benefits offered to employees.
Lots of travel opportunities
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2017
This was my first job and I cant thank enough EY providing me opportunity to work in Oman, Bermuda and Monaco.

Busy season are busy but expected but staff was fun to work with and learnt alot!
Great team
PPED Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2017
The Edmonton team is great, unfortunately the management of our team is out of Calgary and Toronto, which often means there is a lack of physical presence in the office and lack of day to day leadership.
Pros
Great Peer Network
Experience depends on the team and the Partner you are working for
Senior Manager - Financial Services Risk (Former Employee) –  Geneva, London, UK23 January 2017
EY does not actually seem to have a culture. The experience is completely dependent on the team and Partner you are working with.

My personal experience has varied between awful at one end where due to Partners working to their own personal agendas and looking after person favourites there was no interesting work or development, to the other end of the spectrum where I was part of fantastic motivated teams and Partners who work me hard but energized and developed me.

whatever the case, the pay and benefits were very good which made the whole experience a little sweeter.
Pros
Opportunity to try new things and work with a variety of people, The basic pay and benefits package is pretty good.
Cons
Progression and development is not transparent, It's very political environment with a culture of favouritism.
Large accounting firm with evolving clulture
Associate Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Many new people. Significant percentage of staff are recent graduates to less than 5 years of working experience.
Culture is to provide freedom to the new people and not actually have an apprenticeship culture. As such, work experience including sales, client and people management skills are rather erratic and spotty in many practice sectors.

Services may offer some new innovations due to technology but underlying underpinnings of business and management strategy may not be there. .
Pros
Large firm with opportunities
Cons
People culture may not provide needed skills
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
Excellent place to learn and grow. Diverse culture and competent people and Management. You will learn everyday and experience varied engagements and projects across industries.
Supervisor
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
the new location is not the greatest as it is not directly on a LRT or bus route. The staff are very friendly and the work life balance is great.
Pros
colleges
Cons
location
Good Learning environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Philippines18 November 2016
good working relationship with colleagues and direct superiors. I have been exposed with different aspects of accounting cycle which has become a foundation of my professional experience
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Long working hours
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2016
Enjoyed working at EY, grew in my career path, excellent team to work with. Enjoyed glorious days at EY. Gained a lot of varied experience and exposure
Pros
Great people culture
Cons
Family oriented
Excellent opportunities to grow and learn
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
- Focused on client delivery
- Driving additional initiatives - FSO Lunch & Learn , FSO Townhall Committee
- Managed resources to deliver client engagements
- Cross functional teams
- Diversity
Pros
Cross cultural learning
Cons
Limited work life balance
Good global presence
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
A great place to work. Innovative technology. Great team and camaraderie. Loved the culture there.
Fun place to work. Several events during the year and we were well fed. The hardest part of the job was there was no opportunity to move upward.
Pros
During summer we were given extra long weekends off.
Cons
Management should work on long term people retention
A perfect place for new graduate student to begin career.
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  杭州市6 October 2016
In peak season, we always go to clients' office do field work and we have to finish our work under time pressure.
I have learned good communication skills with clients, managers, other experts and colleagues.
Time management is extreme important to do this job.
After applicate and use my professional knowledge learned at school in working, I had a huge improvement on my technical skills and accounting, business knowledge.
Colleagues are excellent people. we should work together, live together, share interest things together.
Environnement de travail agréable, un peu stressant
Aide-cuisinière/ Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 October 2016
J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler chez Ernst & Young. J'ai appris à mettre de l'avant ma facilité de gestion du temps en travaillant pour cette entreprise. J'ai appris à faire l'inventaire des produits utilisés sur une base régulière, à remplir et nettoyer des machines à café industrielles, à mettre en place des salles de conférence pour un buffet (et à les nettoter ensuite).
Les gens avec qui j'ai travaillé étaient sympathiques, et le travail d'équipe était une valeur sur laquelle on insistait beaucoup.
Le plus difficile pour moi a été de me retrouver sur les différents étages de la compagnie, j'ai un très mauvais sens de l'orientation...
J'ai aimé travaillé che EY parce que c'était quelque chose de nouveau pour moi, et qu'on me laissait gérer mon temps comme je le voulais. Je me suis fait plusieurs amis dans cette compagnie.
challenging and constantly getting feedback from managers and co-workers
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 September 2016
work starts 8:30 and ends 5:00 during regular seasons,
more overtime during busy season (around 10hours perday)
conduct field work at the client's site
get coached by senior staff and managers
prepare and document the working papers
get the managers to review the working papers
clear the review notes from managers
have to study the CPA knowledge after work
co-workers are very helpful
managerment are very experienced
Excellent place to start a career
Senior at Ernst & Young (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 September 2016
Excellent work environment, great people, inclusive culture
Dynamic and fun place to work, great opportunities for advancement and excellent compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.