ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
First job, long night shifts
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no micromanaging on behalf of our supervisors
Cons: little career growth opportunity
Working at the gas station was the first place I worked once I moved to Newburgh. The basic responsibilities included cash register management, stocking, taking inventory, and assisting customers. I was able to work on my communication skills, but it was difficult to work long night shifts and attend classes in the morning.
Productive fun place to work at
General Manager (Former Employee), Hillsboro, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: meet people evryday
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
Learned Management Skills, Loved getting to know the people I worked with it always make a better working environment
Lot of very useful training and security
Senior Staff Analyst / Customer Accountant (Former Employee), BudapestNovember 8, 2014
Pros: exellent trainings
Cons: long hours
I worked for Exxon for 6 years, had a very good training on SAP and about almost everything. My typical workday includes maintaining inventory of products in Excel, TMS and SAP programs, processing invoices, creating purchase orders, and general administrative duties associated with being a Controller. Than my last year was in the customer service, where I had to deal with with the Italian gas station owners complaint. Was very busy there. But still Italians are so fun to work with, I enjoyed my time there.
This was a bad place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXNovember 6, 2014
The manager here was rude and didn't let you ask for anything like days off.
Producitivity
Safety Professional (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
Safety responsibility for all,( i.e. clients contractors )
Moved up
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Naples, FLNovember 4, 2014
Working for Exxon Mobil was great. I started to work for this company right after I got out of high school. I left for a few years and they hired my back on as a Assistant Manager.
Many tasks to accomplish plus register work
Service Associate (Current Employee), Hartwell, GANovember 3, 2014
Typically you will go in to the store you would work at either as a stocking associate or as a register operator. Sometimes you will do both in between customers. The store I am currently with has a two person crew. You will spend a lot of time in a cold cooler stocking drinks, cleaning, organizing, and assisting customers. If you aren't a smoker you will learn tobacco as if you were, the same applies to the lottery. I have been very lucky to have co-workers I am compatible with. The hardest part is the pressure and expectations of the management crew while the most enjoyable part are some of the customers who come in and share their humorous side.
Environment is a gasoline terminal, very different from what I was used to for 21 years in the Corporate Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Port Everglades, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: very good benefits including healthcare and savings plan
Cons: there are no breaks or privacy associated with this position in the terminal
My typical workday includes maintaining inventory of products in Excel, TMS and SAP programs, processing invoices, creating purchase orders, and general administrative duties associated with being an Administrative Assistant. I worked for ExxonMobil for 21 years in the Corporate Executive offices in Coral Gables in the Americas South Division. Two years ago, that division closed and I was offered a position in the Operations side of the business in the terminal in Port Everglades. This was a completely different side of the business that I had never been exposed to before. It entailed learning everything that was involved in the operations side of running a terminal. I had to learn everything from receiving product from the ships, to watching and evaluating truck drivers loading the product, to managing inventory in excel, GOM, TMS and CTI programs. It was very exciting to learn another aspect of the business. At the same time, I miss the Corporate Office atmosphere and general administrative duties that filled the major part of my day for the past 21 years and would very much like to get back into that atmosphere. I work very well with my co-workers, even though we are coming from two different ends of the business. I believe I am a very adaptable person and give 100% of myself in whatever position I am put into. I enjoy learning new tasks and job responsibilities.
no security
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 29, 2014
too much theft with no security. the pay was very good but it wasn't worth my safety.
Wondeful co workers
Cashier & Service Associate (Former Employee), houston,txOctober 27, 2014
Had the highly visible position of greeting vistors and vendors.I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
Busy environment
Cashier/Customer Service(Seasonal) (Former Employee), Munster, INOctober 24, 2014
Pretty simple going place, many days I've worked there had busy moments of people coming in to buy smokes and gas up their cars. Operating the car wash machines to clean customer's cars was fun.
A great place to work with many benefits.
Chemical Research Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXOctober 23, 2014
It was a routine work. I learned how to deal with data management, troubled shoot and solved the problems, and recommended solutions to the process.
Taught at-risk teens
Manager (Former Employee), Venice, FloridaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: dangerous environment with bad management
Teaching at-risk teens was very trying and risky. I loved the return students years later who said I changed them & brought their families by to meet me.
Grat team work
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: big company
Enjoyed working for the comany.Cares about workers. Great management
Company have a very good safety curlture
Feild Satety Team (Safe Act Team) (Current Employee), Jurong IslandOctober 14, 2014
Most of the time inside plant observed the Safety behaviour of the company workforce. Improve the skill of communication with lower & higher management staff. To fully understand the operation of process plant. The most enjoyable of the job is gaining a lot of respect from the workforce as a Safety Personnel.
Safe,Fun, family oriented place
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: job no longer available
If I could have worked that this job forever, I would have. Unforturnatly this job will no longer be available
A challenging place to develop your career
Global IT Project Management Division Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: significant intellectual challenges, global orientation, motivated peers, houston campus
Cons: "management" (vs leadership) culture, lack of owners mindset at many levels in organization
The worlds most significant private energy company by any measure. Challenges you to stretch your ability to the maximum in every job you are given. The hiring practices are aimed at bringing in highly motivated people, and the global functional organization ensures each of the 11 business lines is staffed by "experts" and "developing experts" in their fields. Competition for advancement is fierce, sometimes leading to people not cooperating with their peers.
Pay systems are based on a meritocracy that rigorously ranks every employee against their peers annually in as fair a system as can be, given inherent corporate politics present in any large organization. The consistently top 20% can earn significantly more than their peers in other energy companies.

A new campus being completed in northwest Houston will provide one of the best working environments in the industry, although the culture is still very rigid by most standards (dress code, etc).
Productive and fun workplace!
Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJOctober 11, 2014
This job was face paced yet very entertaining!.My co workers were friendly and dependable. The most enjoyable part was getting to know so many different kinds of people throughout the day!
Serious business and excellent support.
Contractor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: top-notch resources and staff.
Cons: was not a permanent position.
My time at the upstream research company of ExxonMobil was a positive experience all around. A typical day at work involved showing up early, sitting down at a workstation and building and testing a valuable tool for the company in ArcGIS. The tool was a model that would predict the composition and grain size of sands exiting any given river mouth, provided the geologic and climatic conditions of the watershed could be known. This goal was achieved using creative problem solving and diligent research. I was always given constructive support and guidance by my co-workers who were all experts in their respective fields and easy to communicate with. I was motivated constantly by the knowledge that producing a good tool for the exploration team would mean reducing the risk that a drill hole costing hundreds of millions of dollars would come up dry. I took pride in being able to say to friends and family that my work contributed to their lives every time they visited a gas station. The resources available to me were top of the line and I was compensated handsomely for my time.
good customer service
Sales (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: never good get a good staff
cashier , stock, co-worker was nice part time work running daily work of gas station

About ExxonMobil

It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell – Read more