ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Serious business and excellent support.
Contractor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: top-notch resources and staff.
Cons: was not a permanent position.
My time at the upstream research company of ExxonMobil was a positive experience all around. A typical day at work involved showing up early, sitting down at a workstation and building and testing a valuable tool for the company in ArcGIS. The tool was a model that would predict the composition and grain size of sands exiting any given river mouth, – more... provided the geologic and climatic conditions of the watershed could be known. This goal was achieved using creative problem solving and diligent research. I was always given constructive support and guidance by my co-workers who were all experts in their respective fields and easy to communicate with. I was motivated constantly by the knowledge that producing a good tool for the exploration team would mean reducing the risk that a drill hole costing hundreds of millions of dollars would come up dry. I took pride in being able to say to friends and family that my work contributed to their lives every time they visited a gas station. The resources available to me were top of the line and I was compensated handsomely for my time. – less
good customer service
Sales (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: never good get a good staff
cashier , stock, co-worker was nice part time work running daily work of gas station
Productive and challenging at times.
Station Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLOctober 8, 2014
I love working in customer service. Meeting different types of people on a daily basis. Solving situations and figuring things out in a correct and professional manner without having to contact upper management. The hardest part of this job will be handling employees. Finding out the right candidate for the position. Dealing with call outs, being a – more... single coverage-24hr location that factor can put a damper on your personal life.Managing in retail can be very challenging at times.But I am very good at managing the store and setting things to corporate standards. – less
full of false promises
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: unlimited drinks
Cons: no health care, breaks if you smoke, almost always alone while working.
Sexist environment, Promises are not kept and no health benefits.
admin assistance
sr. admin to contracts admin (Former Employee), baytown, texasOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great commute
Cons: no cons
Great work days which were very busy. Expanded work knowledge
Team players stress free work place
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: allows as much overtime as you want
Cons: no off lunch breaks
Productive customer friendly environment with advancements from within.
A good place to work
I & E Draftsman SNC-Lavalin (Former Employee), 2800 Decker DriveOctober 5, 2014
Pros: close to home and it is a well known copy
Cons: there was planty of work to do.........layoffs why?
.I enjoyed it when I was there I learned a lot. The employees were nice and willing to answer any question I had. My time there was short lived due to a second round of layoffs. If given the change to work there again I would.
Stocker
Stocker (Former Employee), houston, txOctober 2, 2014
a nice place to work, morning shift stocker,the co-workers was good
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2014
A typical Day at Exxon Mobil Geophysics Seismology Department is great, the day consists of checking email from bosses about what needs to be completed or started, who need what, or what needs assistance, and other important messages pertaining to work. also reviewing agreement forms, invoices, payroll, and employee expense reports, nevertheless department – more... and section meetings.
Everything that is mentioned above and the gain on my work experience today is what I proudly learned from Exxon Mobil Corporation.
Management are caring people who are extremely nice and love celebrations. Just for pointers they do come to the job to work that they do so well even when it gets stressful and not just for celebrations.
The co-workers are likewise as the managers and are people who really truly love their job and boss.
The hardest part on the job can be meeting a deadline with such a workload.
The most enjoyable part of the job is ergonomic break because when one take an ergonomic break he/she meets with a fellow co-worker then he/she is reminded that himself/herself need to take their ergo break and a nice meet and greet begin to happen with a cup of coffee or tea. – less
Working at a gas station
Section Manager (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: worked on my own
Cons: working nights
I answered the phone. Cleaned out and organized the freezer, Stock the shelves. Collected money for their transaction. I worked alone. I had the night shift. The hardest part of the job was finding something else to do when my job was completed. I always need to keep busy.
Great Place to Gain Experience
Merit Isometric Drafter (Former Employee), Chalmette, LASeptember 29, 2014
My coworkers were amazing, great group of people at Chalmette Refining LLC. I learned alot about Pipes, Structures, and Mechanical Pipe Connections as well as how Flow effects pipe.
was a very fun easy going place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2014
A typical day went by fast as I was always busy working it went by fast. I learned that you can do anything you put yourself to do and do it quickly. The management likes to see a job well done. I found out not to trust all coworkers, as some may not be trustworthy. The hardest part was leaving the good friends i made. the best part was to make customers – more... happy. – less
Experience
Field Project Engineer (Former Employee), Akwa Ibom, NGSeptember 26, 2014
This is an organization that inspired my love for the oil and gas industry and impacted more knowledge of mechanical designs and experiences in me.
Working culture is very godd
Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Rewa, MPSeptember 24, 2014
Exxon Mobil give me very enormous Feeling and management system of this company is good .they also gave a time to time training Programs and plant visit.
No comment
Contract Services and Administration (Former Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 19, 2014
Temporary contract position • Support refinery operations contract services in planing, management and administration of contracts to vendors
great place
Cashier /Manager (Former Employee), Easton Md,September 19, 2014
I started the day with counting the correct bank for each cash drawer
I handled schedules and money. the people who worked for me were great people dependa ble.
Excellent company, strong leadership focused on long term goals and growth.
Training Compliance Supervisor (Former Employee), Beaumont TexasSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: daily challenges to become more effective and efficient. very serious safety environment.
Cons: very heavy workload, lean but efficient work environment.
Best people. Help when you need it but all are expected to pull your weight.
very good
District Manager (Former Employee), ILSeptember 17, 2014
District Manager:
• Managed up to 15 locations and 95 employees including 25 managers.
• Responsible for hiring, training, and mentoring of Store Managers, Assistant Managers and Manager Trainees on company policies and procedures.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of P&L metrics and key components to drive and sustain positive financial results.
 – more... Developed, motivated, and directed store managers in company goals to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction through regular store visits, constructive feedback, and meetings.
• Provided supportive leadership and direction to staff by to promote for personal development and to build a team environment.
• Took a creative approach to problem solving and presented new ideas to motivate the staff and keep them engaged. – less
Excellent working environment where everyone comes together to complete a common goal as a team
Senior Project Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Brisbane, QLDSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: achieving goals
Cons: long hours
Challenging deadlines but excellent environment to thrive and learn. Flexible work/life balance. Great management structure with support from all levels. No two days are the same with variation of tasks and problems to solve.
Company out of business
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Slidell, LASeptember 14, 2014
Ok job to work at as a teenager. Great experiences but had to move on

About ExxonMobil

It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell – Read more