ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Moved up
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Naples, FLNovember 4, 2014
Working for Exxon Mobil was great. I started to work for this company right after I got out of high school. I left for a few years and they hired my back on as a Assistant Manager.
Many tasks to accomplish plus register work
Service Associate (Current Employee), Hartwell, GANovember 3, 2014
Typically you will go in to the store you would work at either as a stocking associate or as a register operator. Sometimes you will do both in between customers. The store I am currently with has a two person crew. You will spend a lot of time in a cold cooler stocking drinks, cleaning, organizing, and assisting customers. If you aren't a smoker you – more... will learn tobacco as if you were, the same applies to the lottery. I have been very lucky to have co-workers I am compatible with. The hardest part is the pressure and expectations of the management crew while the most enjoyable part are some of the customers who come in and share their humorous side. – less
Environment is a gasoline terminal, very different from what I was used to for 21 years in the Corporate Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Port Everglades, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: very good benefits including healthcare and savings plan
Cons: there are no breaks or privacy associated with this position in the terminal
My typical workday includes maintaining inventory of products in Excel, TMS and SAP programs, processing invoices, creating purchase orders, and general administrative duties associated with being an Administrative Assistant. I worked for ExxonMobil for 21 years in the Corporate Executive offices in Coral Gables in the Americas South Division. Two years – more... ago, that division closed and I was offered a position in the Operations side of the business in the terminal in Port Everglades. This was a completely different side of the business that I had never been exposed to before. It entailed learning everything that was involved in the operations side of running a terminal. I had to learn everything from receiving product from the ships, to watching and evaluating truck drivers loading the product, to managing inventory in excel, GOM, TMS and CTI programs. It was very exciting to learn another aspect of the business. At the same time, I miss the Corporate Office atmosphere and general administrative duties that filled the major part of my day for the past 21 years and would very much like to get back into that atmosphere. I work very well with my co-workers, even though we are coming from two different ends of the business. I believe I am a very adaptable person and give 100% of myself in whatever position I am put into. I enjoy learning new tasks and job responsibilities. – less
no security
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 29, 2014
too much theft with no security. the pay was very good but it wasn't worth my safety.
Wondeful co workers
Cashier & Service Associate (Former Employee), houston,txOctober 27, 2014
Had the highly visible position of greeting vistors and vendors.I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
Busy environment
Cashier/Customer Service(Seasonal) (Former Employee), Munster, INOctober 24, 2014
Pretty simple going place, many days I've worked there had busy moments of people coming in to buy smokes and gas up their cars. Operating the car wash machines to clean customer's cars was fun.
A great place to work with many benefits.
Chemical Research Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXOctober 23, 2014
It was a routine work. I learned how to deal with data management, troubled shoot and solved the problems, and recommended solutions to the process.
Taught at-risk teens
Manager (Former Employee), Venice, FloridaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: dangerous environment with bad management
Teaching at-risk teens was very trying and risky. I loved the return students years later who said I changed them & brought their families by to meet me.
Grat team work
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: big company
Enjoyed working for the comany.Cares about workers. Great management
Company have a very good safety curlture
Feild Satety Team (Safe Act Team) (Current Employee), Jurong IslandOctober 14, 2014
Most of the time inside plant observed the Safety behaviour of the company workforce. Improve the skill of communication with lower & higher management staff. To fully understand the operation of process plant. The most enjoyable of the job is gaining a lot of respect from the workforce as a Safety Personnel.
Safe,Fun, family oriented place
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: job no longer available
If I could have worked that this job forever, I would have. Unforturnatly this job will no longer be available
A challenging place to develop your career
Global IT Project Management Division Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: significant intellectual challenges, global orientation, motivated peers, houston campus
Cons: "management" (vs leadership) culture, lack of owners mindset at many levels in organization
The worlds most significant private energy company by any measure. Challenges you to stretch your ability to the maximum in every job you are given. The hiring practices are aimed at bringing in highly motivated people, and the global functional organization ensures each of the 11 business lines is staffed by "experts" and "developing experts" in their – more... fields. Competition for advancement is fierce, sometimes leading to people not cooperating with their peers.
Pay systems are based on a meritocracy that rigorously ranks every employee against their peers annually in as fair a system as can be, given inherent corporate politics present in any large organization. The consistently top 20% can earn significantly more than their peers in other energy companies.

A new campus being completed in northwest Houston will provide one of the best working environments in the industry, although the culture is still very rigid by most standards (dress code, etc). – less
Productive and fun workplace!
Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJOctober 11, 2014
This job was face paced yet very entertaining!.My co workers were friendly and dependable. The most enjoyable part was getting to know so many different kinds of people throughout the day!
Serious business and excellent support.
Contractor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: top-notch resources and staff.
Cons: was not a permanent position.
My time at the upstream research company of ExxonMobil was a positive experience all around. A typical day at work involved showing up early, sitting down at a workstation and building and testing a valuable tool for the company in ArcGIS. The tool was a model that would predict the composition and grain size of sands exiting any given river mouth, – more... provided the geologic and climatic conditions of the watershed could be known. This goal was achieved using creative problem solving and diligent research. I was always given constructive support and guidance by my co-workers who were all experts in their respective fields and easy to communicate with. I was motivated constantly by the knowledge that producing a good tool for the exploration team would mean reducing the risk that a drill hole costing hundreds of millions of dollars would come up dry. I took pride in being able to say to friends and family that my work contributed to their lives every time they visited a gas station. The resources available to me were top of the line and I was compensated handsomely for my time. – less
good customer service
Sales (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: never good get a good staff
cashier , stock, co-worker was nice part time work running daily work of gas station
Productive and challenging at times.
Station Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLOctober 8, 2014
I love working in customer service. Meeting different types of people on a daily basis. Solving situations and figuring things out in a correct and professional manner without having to contact upper management. The hardest part of this job will be handling employees. Finding out the right candidate for the position. Dealing with call outs, being a – more... single coverage-24hr location that factor can put a damper on your personal life.Managing in retail can be very challenging at times.But I am very good at managing the store and setting things to corporate standards. – less
full of false promises
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: unlimited drinks
Cons: no health care, breaks if you smoke, almost always alone while working.
Sexist environment, Promises are not kept and no health benefits.
admin assistance
sr. admin to contracts admin (Former Employee), baytown, texasOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great commute
Cons: no cons
Great work days which were very busy. Expanded work knowledge
Team players stress free work place
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: allows as much overtime as you want
Cons: no off lunch breaks
Productive customer friendly environment with advancements from within.
A good place to work
I & E Draftsman SNC-Lavalin (Former Employee), 2800 Decker DriveOctober 5, 2014
Pros: close to home and it is a well known copy
Cons: there was planty of work to do.........layoffs why?
.I enjoyed it when I was there I learned a lot. The employees were nice and willing to answer any question I had. My time there was short lived due to a second round of layoffs. If given the change to work there again I would.

About ExxonMobil

It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell – Read more