ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place with balance corporate work ethics
VOIP Deployment Technician, (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 19, 2012
Pros: eye opener to different infrastructure
Cons: you have to be safty concious at all times
I enjoyed working at Exxonmobil because they have a balance for life after work.
Large competitive corporate environment
Senior Research & Facilities Planning Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: excellent pay / benefits / retirement package. great job security.
Cons: poor work / life balance, culture is migrating to mega-large corporate headquarters, little room for self-expression / differentiation, very competitive / political environment
Corporate culture is very competitive. Rating / ranking modeled after typical corporate systems putting employees into thirds against their peers within their groups. Difficult to improve / damage ranking after the initial placement at >1 yr with the company. Advancement largely tied to the success of your supervisor and the ability to politically campaign – more... for yourself.

All operations are migrating to a mega-corporate headquarters in The Woodlands, TX.

Frequent position changes (1-2 years). Employees cannot apply for positions, management makes the decisions for the company. – less
Good work plece
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: 50cns every review year
Cons: no lunch braeke
Collected cash payments from customers and conducted credit car transaction on material purchased. Activated fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified levels.
Secure job with solid compensation. Strong people focus and development.
Marketing (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 14, 2014
Pros: global business, excellent compensation, ability to have many careers in the same company
Cons: work/life balance
The company almost exclusively hires directly from colleges. Only for very specialized positions and circumstances do they hire experienced hires except recent MBA graduates.

As a truly global business with unique dynamics and requirements they focus extensively on employee development. All employees are moved every 2 years during the early phase of – more... their careers. After 3-4 assignments, this may slow down depending on your career type or continue throughout your career. They believe to manage at a senior level you need broad experiences from all parts of the business. You also end up moving very wide into positions you have no prior experience in or qualifications. They provide the right support, but these are the key tests to see if you can grow and adapt.

The work is very demanding and work/life balance is a challenge. The culture drives this, but it also drives an environment of impeccable integrity. Everyone takes everyone at their word. Dishonesty is not tolerated and is the fastest way to destroy your career. Trust is critical and there is a genuine concern for the individual. People come to work at ExxonMobil for life. 90% of the people that retire with ExxonMobil started with them right out of college.

Highly recommend working for them, but again it is uncommon for them to hire anyone except right out of school. – less
Security
Security \ CCTV Operator (Former Employee), Iraq, ErbilDecember 12, 2014
Security
CCTV Operator.

- Worked from 12AM to 8AM.
- Responsible on the CCTV Control System.
- Responsible on the Fire Alarm System.
- Got Training on the evacuation plan for the emergency situations.
- HSE training applied.
- Got appreciation letter.
you get to meet all kinds of new people
Cashier (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CADecember 9, 2014
its a nice decent job.
It all depends on who is the owner.
I had agood experience there.
of what my day was and my coworkers
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Mansfield, PADecember 9, 2014
Pros: half off lunch
Cons: i never really hated any part of my job
A typical day at work went clock in and see what the shift before me didn't get done. like if they didn't get all the dishes done or had sub to make. jump in and get it done so I could start my shift. clean a little threw the day what needed to be done. till close then when closing time came get the bathrooms done an hour before everything else, take – more... trash out and get dishes done. working with the other team member was really good everyone work together no single person did it all every one did there part. – less
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Grenada, MSDecember 8, 2014
This was not a great place to be employed if you have a family.
You don't receive enough hours or pay.
fast paced and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Exxon Mobile was a very fast paced environment where everyone was very polite and respectable. My co- workers made it so much more exciting because of the team work that we shared, I enjoyed all of the multi- tasking. The hardest part of that job was when I had to leave to start my externship for school.
Great getting to know customers
Gas attendant and Clerk (Former Employee), lafayette, njDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no breaks and working lunch. cant sit down either.
It was fun to work there with the people and customers until the take over of newer owners. they were professional but didn't seem to like that other people had lives. I was injured at work there and they refused workmans compensation due to "they didn't see it so it didn't happen". I loved interacting and helping customers. Co-worker was great and – more... I miss her. Learned how to be a team and work together. learned lottery and register. Hardest part of the job was when I was told I was going to only be working outside then was never permanently placed out there. Grant it, changes and adaptability are key in a company but don't keep saying it and not do so. – less
Exxon Co USA, was the best thing that ever happened to me jobwise!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: training and promotion was always available.
Cons: finding a parking space in downtown houston.
A position was created just for me I always felt as I grew into it, I was sent to more training classes. This is so important for companies to do; invest into their employees. If they want their employees to rise higher in their abilities, give them tools to help them climb up.
Exxon was great at this! I realize they have merged since then with Mobil.

I – more... will always be grateful for my Exxon years! I learned professionalism and teamwork. – less
ExxonMobil is a fun place to work
Pipeline Offshore Measurement Technician (Former Employee), Raceland, LANovember 27, 2014
Pros: management made it flexible to work and the hours were good
Cons: there were too much paper work.
The work was full and pleasant with much to learn. The management was reasonable and understanding. Mostly all the co-workers were ideal to work with. I trusted the management and company ideas. The hardest part of my job was working in the climax weather at times. I enjoyed offshore measurements.
Work for ExxonMobil
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), BudapestNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, organized circumstances, good salary, great pension program
Cons: the job rotation system within the company
Except of monthly closes job could be done within 8 hours (during monthly closes we alwys had to do overtime). I learnt here how effective can be when hard working is paired with resources & organised circumstances. There was always a good mood with the other co-workers: I made a lot of positive human relations there, besides this the colleagues were – more... very cooperative. Generally, the time management was supportive to reach our goals. The job security was very strong.

Hardest part of the job was the job rotation system: business needs frequently overwritten personal needs / capabilities / demands, resp. there were very few advancement possibilities.

Most enjoyable part was to get oversight into the core activities of the business: when i.e. I could get an overlook many efforts did it take (from the beginning) to finalize a sea drilling - which was activated by me into the books. – less
Excellent Company
Inventory Specialist - Intermediates Supply Chain (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: location - moving to the woodlands
Very flexible hours
Great Management
Nice enveriment
Excellent companyto work with
positive work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Milford, CTNovember 18, 2014
a typical day at work I count the cigarettes before and after my shift and the lottery tickets
I enjoyed working at ExxonMobile. The work and the people I worked with were great.
Maintenance and Reliability Assistant (Former Employee), Coden, ALNovember 16, 2014
Pros: people are friendly, physical work place was good, provided lunches.
Cons: little opportunity to become permanent for clerical staff.
For the most part this would be an excellent company to work for.

Employees have excellent benefits and safety culture. Work place is maintained and all employees are subject to safety training as appropriate for their position.

My position was as a contractor and was no longer needed when a new process was implemented which moved purchasing process – more... for the gas platforms' purchases to the field supervisors on the platforms. The goal was to reduce costs and allowed the supervisors ability to place their orders directly with the vendors. – less
First job, long night shifts
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no micromanaging on behalf of our supervisors
Cons: little career growth opportunity
Working at the gas station was the first place I worked once I moved to Newburgh. The basic responsibilities included cash register management, stocking, taking inventory, and assisting customers. I was able to work on my communication skills, but it was difficult to work long night shifts and attend classes in the morning.
Productive fun place to work at
General Manager (Former Employee), Hillsboro, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: meet people evryday
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
Learned Management Skills, Loved getting to know the people I worked with it always make a better working environment
Lot of very useful training and security
Senior Staff Analyst / Customer Accountant (Former Employee), BudapestNovember 8, 2014
Pros: exellent trainings
Cons: long hours
I worked for Exxon for 6 years, had a very good training on SAP and about almost everything. My typical workday includes maintaining inventory of products in Excel, TMS and SAP programs, processing invoices, creating purchase orders, and general administrative duties associated with being a Controller. Than my last year was in the customer service, – more... where I had to deal with with the Italian gas station owners complaint. Was very busy there. But still Italians are so fun to work with, I enjoyed my time there. – less
This was a bad place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXNovember 6, 2014
The manager here was rude and didn't let you ask for anything like days off.

About ExxonMobil

It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell – Read more