ExxonMobil Employee Reviews in Canada

A Place to be every day.
Deskside Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB.February 15, 2014
A very good place to work, where you are fulfilled and have your dreams and aspirations come to pass. A place where the energy to thrive and succeed is derived from the enabling environment which is multicultural and richly blended with professionals from various fields.
Pros
it is a place where hard work is being recognised and duely rewarded.
Cons
all plus, no minus.
Fun work place with lots of benefits
Controls Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 7, 2014
Enjoyed going to work everyday loving myb job and working as though it were my company and doing what it took to succeed. I learned technical capabilities, I learned to prioritize, personal and professional development and organizational skills. Upper management was accommodating and respectful.Co-workers were easy to work with, respectful and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was working with people in a leadership position that had a closed negative mind and a "My way or no way" attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that had a open positive mind with a " We can do attitude" sharing our best practises and aquired knowledge with each other.
Pros
free parking, free gifts
Cons
shortage of parking
very professional environment, benefit and career builber
Accounts Receivable and Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 5, 2014
I loved my job and doing what I was doing, I learned a lot of very important Business Ethics etc.
Consultant, Post Closing Contracts cleanup. Loved it, great culture
Mineral Contracts Administrator Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2013
This was another great place to work. Great landmen, great supervisor and the co-workers were all very supportive and ready to lend a helping hand if needed. Would work there again in a flash
Pros
awesome team, work was challenging, rewarded with respect and pay raises
Cons
i can't really come up with any
Productive and an interesting place to work.
Contractor through Kelly Services (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBNovember 21, 2013
A typical day for me would begin by logging into the phones to be prepared to take fallout calls and any incoming call from Customers on the accounts that I worked. Most of my day consisted of problem solving-for example, why did this Invoice price incorrectly? Was it a pricing issue or did it stem from some internal error that needs to be traced down the line to be corrected? The remainder of my days would be reviewing delinquency on high risk accounts and working to collect any outstanding balances. I worked a special assignment in working to clear up the most delinquent and highly complicated accounts to assist in getting numbers to targeted expectations for our Business Support Center.
Pros
learned a lot, lots of programs and exercises in place continue learning.
Cons
high stress working to collect and maintain month end numbers.
Safe and Protective Environment
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 29, 2013
Overall, there is ample opportunity for advancement, good benefits and reasonable pay. The culture can be a bit stiff, but overall, the company cares for your wellbeing as far as it can be accomodated by the job.
A great learning experience
Invoice Correction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 21, 2013
Due to being employed by Kellys Service (Agency), the department I worked in was a 24/7. I have answered the above "*" questions using Kellys Service in mind not ExxonMobil.
Pros
exxonmobil is a very diversified and friendly work enviroment
Cons
while working @exxonmobil i worked in a 24/7 dept. which means shift work.
work with fun
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  southall, ukJune 8, 2013
hardworking. good computer nolage. team work. payment are good.
good management
improof english
lern costomer service.
Pros
benifit
Cons
over times
Line operator/ Backup Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 28, 2013
Films division is no longer part of ExxonMobil, it has been sold.Unfortunately the new owner elected not to buy our plant so we are shutting down. ExxonMobil was great to work for. They are a safety conscious employer, that provides a good living and benefits. ExxonMobil was very fair with compensation during the closing process. A number of employees did manage to transfer within the company, but unfortunately there are not enough jobs for everyone to transfer.
Plant is closing in 2nd quarter of 2013
Safety Coordinator, emergency equipment supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 20, 2012
Work was gratifying and I was able to grow with the company and utilize my life acquired skills. These were my mechanical skills and compute rprogramming skills.
Pros
promote from within
Cons
personnel leaving company & downsizing leading to plant closure
Safety Oriented
Sales Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 16, 2012
Ergonomic work environment
Safe work environment
People were great
Pros
ensures a safe work environment
Great job, great location, good pay, no benefits.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 11, 2012
A day at work involved, logging into your work station, working your assigned tickets and any additional that you could complete before your end of day.
I discovered that my fear of putting into practice the skills I had self taught myself was misplaced.
Management is typical of this generation, I say this in general, they are number crunchers and typically lack the technical expertise to guide the employees. There were a couple of middle management that were elevated from the floor, however it for the most part it seemed they were there in body but not as treateded part of the management team by thier piers.
My co-workers were for the most part amazing, we not only worked together very well, but we frequently enjoyed each others company outside of work. It wasn't uncommon to come together at someones house for a BBQ.
There was only one thing tough about the job, knowing I was only there on a contract position and knew it had an end date.
The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I was going to work each day to do what I loved doing.
Pros
day shifts, no weekends, great salary
Cons
no benefits, contract positions only.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with team spirit
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nigeria and HoustonJune 14, 2012
Exxonmobil ensures to develop her employee to work together as a team which inversably increases productivities and creates value for her stakeholders by we the employee doing it right with fun and build integrity.
I enjoyed Exxon Mobil
Customer Service Representative NACC (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 26, 2012
I loved working at Exxon Mobil.. It was a place of opportunity and a place where I could learn my trade, enjoy my co-workers and learn something new everyday.
Nice place with balance corporate work ethics
VOIP Deployment Technician, (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 19, 2012
I enjoyed working at Exxonmobil because they have a balance for life after work.
Pros
eye opener to different infrastructure
Cons
you have to be safty concious at all times
Empresa con cultura profesional
Export Dedicated Customer Professional (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBNovember 7, 2014
Mi día consistia de horarios regulares de 8 am a 4 pm
Es una empresa con una cultura empresarial muy profesional y con muchas jerarquias y regulaciones lo cual hace de un ambiente muy seguro.
Aprendi mucho acerca de procesos logisticos , metodos y medidas de transportacion para exportaciones.
Mejore en mis metodos de comunicacion ya sea via telefono , email , chat y uno a uno con clientes y proveedores.
Administracion de tiempo y recursos era una prioridad para poder tener una continuidad al trabajar.
Aprendi las bases para ser exitoso en un ambiente profesional
Me gusto mucho la regularidad de horarios y beneficios.
Pros
ambiente ergonomico, business casual, regulaciones de seguridad
Éxpérience de travail
Caissier dans une station-service Esso (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 21, 2013
Augmenter ces capacités de communication grâce aux contact permanent avec les gens .