ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place with balance corporate work ethics
VOIP Deployment Technician, (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 19, 2012
Pros: eye opener to different infrastructure
Cons: you have to be safty concious at all times
I enjoyed working at Exxonmobil because they have a balance for life after work.
Work for ExxonMobil
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), BudapestNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, organized circumstances, good salary, great pension program
Cons: the job rotation system within the company
Except of monthly closes job could be done within 8 hours (during monthly closes we alwys had to do overtime). I learnt here how effective can be when hard working is paired with resources & organised circumstances. There was always a good mood with the other co-workers: I made a lot of positive human relations there, besides this the colleagues were – more... very cooperative. Generally, the time management was supportive to reach our goals. The job security was very strong.

Hardest part of the job was the job rotation system: business needs frequently overwritten personal needs / capabilities / demands, resp. there were very few advancement possibilities.

Most enjoyable part was to get oversight into the core activities of the business: when i.e. I could get an overlook many efforts did it take (from the beginning) to finalize a sea drilling - which was activated by me into the books. – less
Excellent Company
Inventory Specialist - Intermediates Supply Chain (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: location - moving to the woodlands
Very flexible hours
Great Management
Nice enveriment
Excellent companyto work with
positive work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Milford, CTNovember 18, 2014
a typical day at work I count the cigarettes before and after my shift and the lottery tickets
I enjoyed working at ExxonMobile. The work and the people I worked with were great.
Maintenance and Reliability Assistant (Former Employee), Coden, ALNovember 16, 2014
Pros: people are friendly, physical work place was good, provided lunches.
Cons: little opportunity to become permanent for clerical staff.
For the most part this would be an excellent company to work for.

Employees have excellent benefits and safety culture. Work place is maintained and all employees are subject to safety training as appropriate for their position.

My position was as a contractor and was no longer needed when a new process was implemented which moved purchasing process – more... for the gas platforms' purchases to the field supervisors on the platforms. The goal was to reduce costs and allowed the supervisors ability to place their orders directly with the vendors. – less
First job, long night shifts
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no micromanaging on behalf of our supervisors
Cons: little career growth opportunity
Working at the gas station was the first place I worked once I moved to Newburgh. The basic responsibilities included cash register management, stocking, taking inventory, and assisting customers. I was able to work on my communication skills, but it was difficult to work long night shifts and attend classes in the morning.
Productive fun place to work at
General Manager (Former Employee), Hillsboro, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: meet people evryday
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
Learned Management Skills, Loved getting to know the people I worked with it always make a better working environment
Lot of very useful training and security
Senior Staff Analyst / Customer Accountant (Former Employee), BudapestNovember 8, 2014
Pros: exellent trainings
Cons: long hours
I worked for Exxon for 6 years, had a very good training on SAP and about almost everything. My typical workday includes maintaining inventory of products in Excel, TMS and SAP programs, processing invoices, creating purchase orders, and general administrative duties associated with being a Controller. Than my last year was in the customer service, – more... where I had to deal with with the Italian gas station owners complaint. Was very busy there. But still Italians are so fun to work with, I enjoyed my time there. – less
This was a bad place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXNovember 6, 2014
The manager here was rude and didn't let you ask for anything like days off.
Producitivity
Safety Professional (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
Safety responsibility for all,( i.e. clients contractors )
Moved up
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Naples, FLNovember 4, 2014
Working for Exxon Mobil was great. I started to work for this company right after I got out of high school. I left for a few years and they hired my back on as a Assistant Manager.
Many tasks to accomplish plus register work
Service Associate (Current Employee), Hartwell, GANovember 3, 2014
Typically you will go in to the store you would work at either as a stocking associate or as a register operator. Sometimes you will do both in between customers. The store I am currently with has a two person crew. You will spend a lot of time in a cold cooler stocking drinks, cleaning, organizing, and assisting customers. If you aren't a smoker you – more... will learn tobacco as if you were, the same applies to the lottery. I have been very lucky to have co-workers I am compatible with. The hardest part is the pressure and expectations of the management crew while the most enjoyable part are some of the customers who come in and share their humorous side. – less
Environment is a gasoline terminal, very different from what I was used to for 21 years in the Corporate Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Port Everglades, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: very good benefits including healthcare and savings plan
Cons: there are no breaks or privacy associated with this position in the terminal
My typical workday includes maintaining inventory of products in Excel, TMS and SAP programs, processing invoices, creating purchase orders, and general administrative duties associated with being an Administrative Assistant. I worked for ExxonMobil for 21 years in the Corporate Executive offices in Coral Gables in the Americas South Division. Two years – more... ago, that division closed and I was offered a position in the Operations side of the business in the terminal in Port Everglades. This was a completely different side of the business that I had never been exposed to before. It entailed learning everything that was involved in the operations side of running a terminal. I had to learn everything from receiving product from the ships, to watching and evaluating truck drivers loading the product, to managing inventory in excel, GOM, TMS and CTI programs. It was very exciting to learn another aspect of the business. At the same time, I miss the Corporate Office atmosphere and general administrative duties that filled the major part of my day for the past 21 years and would very much like to get back into that atmosphere. I work very well with my co-workers, even though we are coming from two different ends of the business. I believe I am a very adaptable person and give 100% of myself in whatever position I am put into. I enjoy learning new tasks and job responsibilities. – less
no security
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 29, 2014
too much theft with no security. the pay was very good but it wasn't worth my safety.
Wondeful co workers
Cashier & Service Associate (Former Employee), houston,txOctober 27, 2014
Had the highly visible position of greeting vistors and vendors.I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
Busy environment
Cashier/Customer Service(Seasonal) (Former Employee), Munster, INOctober 24, 2014
Pretty simple going place, many days I've worked there had busy moments of people coming in to buy smokes and gas up their cars. Operating the car wash machines to clean customer's cars was fun.
A great place to work with many benefits.
Chemical Research Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXOctober 23, 2014
It was a routine work. I learned how to deal with data management, troubled shoot and solved the problems, and recommended solutions to the process.
Taught at-risk teens
Manager (Former Employee), Venice, FloridaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: dangerous environment with bad management
Teaching at-risk teens was very trying and risky. I loved the return students years later who said I changed them & brought their families by to meet me.
Grat team work
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: big company
Enjoyed working for the comany.Cares about workers. Great management
Company have a very good safety curlture
Feild Satety Team (Safe Act Team) (Current Employee), Jurong IslandOctober 14, 2014
Most of the time inside plant observed the Safety behaviour of the company workforce. Improve the skill of communication with lower & higher management staff. To fully understand the operation of process plant. The most enjoyable of the job is gaining a lot of respect from the workforce as a Safety Personnel.

About ExxonMobil

It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell – Read more