ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a good place to work
Energy Siebel CRM & OBIEE Team Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Good compensation and opportunities. Normal working hours yet flexible to meet the needs of employees. Great colleagues to work with, with opportunity for collaboration and cross platform knowledge transfer.
Plant is closing in 2nd quarter of 2013
Safety Coordinator, emergency equipment supervisor (Current Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 20, 2012
Pros: promote from within
Cons: personnel leaving company & downsizing leading to plant closure
Work was gratifying and I was able to grow with the company and utilize my life acquired skills. These were my mechanical skills and compute rprogramming skills.
Great standards and procedures.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Barranquilla, ATLNovember 16, 2012
Pros: great values
Best company to gain experience, training and safety standards.
Safety Oriented
Sales Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: ensures a safe work environment
Ergonomic work environment
Safe work environment
People were great
Great job, great location, good pay, no benefits.
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJuly 11, 2012
Pros: day shifts, no weekends, great salary
Cons: no benefits, contract positions only.
A day at work involved, logging into your work station, working your assigned tickets and any additional that you could complete before your end of day.
I discovered that my fear of putting into practice the skills I had self taught myself was misplaced.
Management is typical of this generation, I say this in general, they are number crunchers and typically – more... lack the technical expertise to guide the employees. There were a couple of middle management that were elevated from the floor, however it for the most part it seemed they were there in body but not as treateded part of the management team by thier piers.
My co-workers were for the most part amazing, we not only worked together very well, but we frequently enjoyed each others company outside of work. It wasn't uncommon to come together at someones house for a BBQ.
There was only one thing tough about the job, knowing I was only there on a contract position and knew it had an end date.
The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I was going to work each day to do what I loved doing. – less
Example: Productive and fun workplace with team spirit
Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Nigeria and HoustonJune 14, 2012
Exxonmobil ensures to develop her employee to work together as a team which inversably increases productivities and creates value for her stakeholders by we the employee doing it right with fun and build integrity.
I enjoyed Exxon Mobil
Customer Service Representative NACC (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 26, 2012
I loved working at Exxon Mobil.. It was a place of opportunity and a place where I could learn my trade, enjoy my co-workers and learn something new everyday.
Learning Experience
Process Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJuly 30, 2014
• Responsible to ensure that the units were operated to their optimum design by monitoring and acting on information obtained from the control room operation. Operation units encompassed Lubes Extraction Unit, Deasphalting Unit, Lubes Tank Farm, and Lube Extraction 2 Unit.
• Further developed the ability to work under pressure and handled unit emergencies.
 – more... Coordinated between supervisor and inside operator to carryout different job tasks.
• Unit troubleshooting skills
• Turnaround planning support – less
Fun workplace
Fire Technician (Current Employee), Jurong islandJuly 30, 2014
shift work.I've learned many thing such as fire fighting,hazmat mitigation,medical and also learn to communicate and interact with other e.g. to conduct fire training for the technician.Also hands-on and maintenance of fire fighting equipment.
NY Hilton, giving guest that wow experience
Food & Beverage Purchasing Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2014
Hilton Manhattan East, located blocks away from Times Square. Giving hotel guest, tourist, and happy hour folks a great and wow experience in our wonderful ambiance, modern bar,
Fun Workplace
Middleware Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros – Pays at top of scale. Good vacation policy for new hires with experience. Still has a retirement plan.

Cons – Very competitive with ranking system. No 9/80 schedule. Above average stress but well compensated for.

Great for employees
Project Servicces Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 26, 2014
Good pay, good work. As a consultant not much opportunity to advance.
Sales
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great team work
Cons: drunks and beer runs
I realize working at a gas station is very important job of every day life for the customers . I remember my first day at work I was working the over night shift .That morning was so busy I could not get the gas pumps to work and customers were coming in yelling at me . It was so crazy!! I had a line all the way to the back of the store . I could not – more... believe how fast it got busy . I was so happy to see the manager walk into work .Wow,, working at Gas station does effect every day lives of customers. Now I know how its feels when you are behind the counter. – less
crazy store
Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: eating junk food for free
Cons: dealing with the drunks
turning on pumps
having the same customers come back everyday
loved my co-workers
ExxonMobil is a very good company to work for. I worked with global team projects which was a fun and challenging environment.
Admin Support EMCC (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the various project teams at ExxonMobil..
Very structured and conservative company
Network Specialist (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: work from home currently (flexibility). great people!
Cons: the work/life balance motto is not followed.
ExxonMobil is a great place to work; the people are outstanding-I've had amazing managers in my career with the company. The benefits are wonderful; my co-workers have been great. My favorite part of the job has been the people I've worked with over the years. The hardest part of the job is the cross-functional management. It can be difficult to get – more... the needed alignment to move forward on a project as there are always various objectives different parties are trying attain. – less
Review
Records Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
Typical day was great and I learned new admin processes and management was great along with coworkers. Overall, the job was great
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: meeting people of all walks of life
Cons: short breaks
good company to work for but it can become busy. the hardest part was working in the freezer. the enjoyable part was meeting people
Experince
Service Support Officer (Full time) (Former Employee), Morrinsville NZJuly 11, 2014
Good place to work. Gained more work experience. Multicultural people work there. Overall good experience to work
Loved the customers on a daily basis.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: return customers daily made it fun.
Cons: low pay.. having to worry about unruly customers.
Great place to work while looking for another career. Fast pace a times.

About ExxonMobil

It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell – Read more