ExxonMobil Employee Reviews in Canada

Exxon was an exceptional company to be associated with
Collections Specialist and Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 1, 2016
My day was very busy. Employees were well respected by both management and co-workers. I learned that health and safety was the number one priority in the workplace. I enjoyed working with a wide variety of people from different cultures.
Pros
Excellent benefits package. Monthly free lunches for team meetings. Free parking.
Great family owned company
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Management is approachable and understanding. It is a fun and safe workplace. Lots of variety of equipment and the shop keeps the machines running at top performance, and are always available to help. Plenty of work during busy season and good working experience.
Pros
always lots of work
Cons
long hours, disorganized at times
Competitive workplace
Commercial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 18, 2015
Great workplace once you reach career level. No benefits while I was on a contract position, chaotic management staff at the time I was working over there, but great opportunities if you had the patience to overlook those details. Also, great ergonomics department who will set up your work station every time it is required.
Company that values the employee
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaOctober 26, 2015
After my whole experience I can say that EM is a very good place to work. It gives good benefits to the employees, mainly regarding Safety at work. However due to the exchange rate valuation in Brazil, we started to feel less opportunities on career progression. But I think that this was something very specific for Brazil´s office. In other countries, mainly North America is a very good Company to work!! If we had one affiliate here in Vancouver I would apply for it.
Good place to work overall.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBDecember 10, 2015
need to be competitive with co-workers through a rating system. Jobs are being transferred to other countries. Roles change often.
Pros
Co-workers are supportive of each other
Cons
Productive, well managed and organized environment
SR. PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 16, 2016
Process driven and well organized diversified environment. Well structured with a minimum management overhead. Decisions are not making lightly. Focus on the results with people as a priority.
Pros
Business oriented, well structured and process driven environment.
Cons
Sometimes it takes too long to make a decision
Great Place to work
Sr. Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 2, 2016
Awesome place to work, great pace to work and learn. They have a great deal of trust in their staff and capabilities.
NO IT jobs in Canada (Unless Calgary) where most jobs were relocated offshore... :(
Pros
Great pace, lots of trust
Cons
Outsourced to KL
you wont get hired but you'll love your time there
NACC (Former Employee) –  moncton, nbSeptember 3, 2015
job varied at the beginning, but ended up being just about answering the phone and responding to customers emails in the end. I did learn more on writing email to suit the business, filling, excel and data entry. management seem to choose their favorites and stick to giving them the new tasks, not much to say there. co-workers were amazing, didn't spend much time with them, since work was none stop, but I knew them enough to love them. the hardest part was to take breaks, you get wrapped up in work that time flies by. I loved the data entry the most.
Summary
Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Very satisfied with the assignments at work. Relax atmosphere to enjoy working with colleagues. Opportunities to do independent assignments. Good work and life balance opportunities.
As a member of emergency respone team l was given safety award.
SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  FSO YOHO (offshores)June 25, 2015
Working in such an reputable establishment was a great one because l was able to gain job experience and l also develop my skills on work process in oil and gas companies as reflexted in my CV. ln the process l acquire adequate training which is very useful on my day to day activities, the management also emphasis on safety development of personnel in all ramification and how co-workers coperate to achieved success in every jobs. The hardest part of the job was the risk involved in flying offshores for that number of years and the enjoyment part was the job experience which help me in my future carrieer.
Pros
Team building seminar with our family on yearly bases.
Cons
If we have challenges on the machinery hours of work was extended to complete the task.
Wonderful Company to work for
Marine & Aviation- Domestic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 17, 2015
ExxonMobil is a great company to work for. They relocated otherwise I would still be them. I worked in several departs Home Heat, Chemicals, and Marine. I enjoyed Marine the most.
Pros
Great benefits
The number one Oil & Gas Company in the World
Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Africa, Middle EastFebruary 6, 2015
After spending more than 19 years with ExxonMobil, I can confidently admit that EM has crafted my experience in life.From the very beginning on your entry orientation program, you feel welcomed and "incubated" ! Once you're done , you are on your own with full management support and remote supervision . The diversity of assignments , cultures , issues and exposures redefines your personality and professional expertise. The work environment makes you enjoy facing challenges all the way long. For me, EM is another school for professional life.
Railcar Coordinator/Expediator
Railcar Coordinator/Expediator (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 10, 2015
Safety is priority. Daily KPI standards that required to be action-ed daily.

My main duties include but not limited to:

Expediting Railcar's from a KPI data base.

Tracking Railcar's on Railroad site and updating current activity on each Railcar.

Escalating issues with Railroad. Opening service log or sending email.

Generating Railtrac reports and following up on any issues with an Railcar.

Doing daily MIGO is SAP (posting of Goods Receipt from various plants).
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
shift 9 - 530, would prefer to start earlier and off at 4 PM, A lot of segregation from being an employee vs being a contractor especially on company events, which makes you feel not apart of the team, (contractors are not permitted to participate in social events.)
Excellent place to work!
Marine Dedicated Customer Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 24, 2014
Great working environment with lots of support from management and co-workers alike. There were endless learning opportunities, as well as plenty of opportunity and encouragement for career pathing.
Pros
support, learning opportunities, advancement opportunities
Cons
too much red tape for management when in need of taking disciplinary actions
Safe and Protective Environment
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 29, 2013
Overall, there is ample opportunity for advancement, good benefits and reasonable pay. The culture can be a bit stiff, but overall, the company cares for your wellbeing as far as it can be accomodated by the job.
Great job, great location, good pay, no benefits.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 11, 2012
A day at work involved, logging into your work station, working your assigned tickets and any additional that you could complete before your end of day.
I discovered that my fear of putting into practice the skills I had self taught myself was misplaced.
Management is typical of this generation, I say this in general, they are number crunchers and typically lack the technical expertise to guide the employees. There were a couple of middle management that were elevated from the floor, however it for the most part it seemed they were there in body but not as treateded part of the management team by thier piers.
My co-workers were for the most part amazing, we not only worked together very well, but we frequently enjoyed each others company outside of work. It wasn't uncommon to come together at someones house for a BBQ.
There was only one thing tough about the job, knowing I was only there on a contract position and knew it had an end date.
The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I was going to work each day to do what I loved doing.
Pros
day shifts, no weekends, great salary
Cons
no benefits, contract positions only.
Exxcelent work place to do your carrer
Commercial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBNovember 11, 2015
My experience at ExxonMobil in the Business Support Center was great.
Excellent team work, company oriented to the perfection , highly customer driven .
Consultant, Post Closing Contracts cleanup. Loved it, great culture
Mineral Contracts Administrator Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2013
This was another great place to work. Great landmen, great supervisor and the co-workers were all very supportive and ready to lend a helping hand if needed. Would work there again in a flash
Pros
awesome team, work was challenging, rewarded with respect and pay raises
Cons
i can't really come up with any
Great Company!!
Owner's Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 15, 2015
An excellent company with great work/life balance. Very helpful management. Lots of resources to achieve professional excellence.
Great people
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Kelly Services (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work. The people and managers were great to work with. I learned a lot while working there that I have used in other positions.