ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Great Processes
Project Manager & Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Extremely capable employees work for this Company. People know what they are doing and have outstanding work ethics. Very good pay and benefits. Work life balance for employees could be improved.
Great place to work.
Cross Asset Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 October 2017
Typical eight to five work day, Monday to Friday.
Challenging yet rewarding work with a mixed level of responsibility.
Competitive salary.
Can be stressful at times as a lot of work is provided.
Do not work here
Geoscientist (Former Employee) –  Victoria11 October 2017
Awful work culture, no work life balance. Horrible management style, they do not value you as a person, you are just a number.

Technical work is very interesting and they have projects all over the globe.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Awful aggressive, male dominated work environment.
Excellent company to work for
NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
Great people, great benefits, great culture, development opportunities, grow, inspired, learn, I've been working here for the last three years. I've enjoyed every minute
Pros
World class, global company, Fortune 3. Financially sound, attracting the best talent in the world.
Cons
One of the worst company structures for IT support I have ever worked with.
EMIT Area Ops (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
Worked with the EMIT group in the Edmonton refinery. The interview was for a tier1 position and in reality it was a Project Managers position. Safety is ridiculously high...papercut involves days of paperwork. Was let go because rear passenger in vehicle did not have seat belt fully locked. Server room is a disaster and was nearly electrocuted 3 times along with the raised floor being damaged and ready to fail.

You will have no access to repair anything! Worst organization I have ever worked for.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Everything else is just horrid...Exxonmobil is like working for the devil.
dynamic and eclectic work environment
Drilling and Completions Engineering Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 August 2017
Very dynamic workplace. Exciting and challenging work environment. Diverse and interesting assignments requiring adaptability and team focused processes.
Great company to work for
Dedicated customer professional (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 August 2017
This is a great company and I enjoy working here, but the scheduling doesn't fit with my personal life.
benefits are vey good.
safety is very important.
Busy days
AR DCP, Sales Operations Professional (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 August 2017
Loved working with internal and external customers. Company provides a work/life balance and recognized hard work. Days when rewarded with extended lunch
Pros
Work/life balance
Access Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 June 2017
A typical day at work was handling customer requests via phone or email.

I learned most of my technical experience through Exxon and I am forever grateful for that. There were many different departments there so there is room to move or grow.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the work. I loved learning new things and finding out how to fix or assist with fixing issues that arose. It was challenging and I loved it.

Benefits were great and salary comparable.
Energetic place to work
Junior Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MA8 June 2017
Perform oil change, transmission flush, tire repair, brake pads and rotors. You're always learning new things. Friendly and fun place to work. Management was great, took good care of the employees.
Pros
Hands-on work
Productive, fun workplace, and fast-paced environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 May 2017
Attention to detail is essential, regardless of the work one does. The company invests on its employees, providing constant training and opportunities to develop and grow.
Pros
Lots of events and free food all the time!!! OMG
Cons
Company does not participate in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, or any type of immigration program at all.
One of the best places I've worked
Rail operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 May 2017
The people and atmosphere were great. Enjoyed coming to work everyday. A family like atmosphere. Lots of flexibility with the departments and rolls and lots room for advancement or change if needed.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Poor management decisions
Excellent company
SENIOR SYSTEM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT - Contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
Very well organized large multi national enterprise. Friendly work environment. Top IT team is knowable and easy to work with. IT management is good, but many IT positions has been outsourced to low cost location in Brazil, Argentina and Asia leading to some service quality erosion.
Pros
Outstanding management team.
Cons
remote work is not widely used, outsourced IT team do not much North america quality.
Heavy workload with recognition
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
Work/life balance can be difficult at times, especially in an organization that believes in being lean. The overall compensation package is competitive and depending on what part of the organization you are in, you can expect to be recognized for your work.

Management expects a lot but easy to get along with. Just be prepared to check your ethics at the door. It may have been my role but for a company that puts so much stock in ethical behavior, it is amazing how often senior management ignores it.
Pros
overall compensation, management
Cons
work/life balance, ethics
Safety adherence, Productive and Fun
Production Operator Intern (Former Employee) –  Bonny River Terminal, Nigeria27 February 2017
i was fortunate to experience a 1 year internship with ExxonMobil Bonny River terminal, Nigeria and i have fallen in love with the company ever since.

I learnt a whole lot from experienced professionals who made me enjoy learning

i won an award for 'BEST SAFETY PERSONNEL'
Global Diversity
Chemical Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 December 2016
A good company to work for.
very diverse and plenty of opportunities for advancement.
good employee benefits
good employee development and and training programs
Work experience, Skills and learning process.
Senior Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Yoho Fso (Storage and Offloading vessel)18 November 2016
I have experience and skills in troubleshooting and repairs of pumps, compressors, steam plant, generators, condensers, evaporator, valves, in tank repairs, and fabrication/installations of mechanical equipment's, etc. On day at we always accomplished the task assign to us unless very critical we suspend for another day. l have learn a lot as per what l did not no before in terms of safety, security and work process. l always have a good relationship with my co-workers in order to build a solid team. The hardest part of the job is when there is Critical job with limited number of personnel to execute the job and the most enjoyable part is we are able to accomplish all task assign to us.
Pros
Free internet access and tools for the job
Cons
Limited break hours
great working conditions and good people
Database Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
A great work environment, was provided with anything I required to carry out my job efficiently. Kept informed and involved in everything that was occurring within the department I was working in. Really enjoyed all of the people that I had a chance to work with.
Pros
treated very well by company, great working conditions
Cons
being a contractor there were no options for advancement
Offshore life
Client Site Representative (Current Employee) –  Qatar15 October 2016
Contractor barges and DP Vessels

Mobilization to Demob. Different locations and different contractors have different levels of experiences. Tier one company cannot be compared to a Tier three company. So site amenities vary.
Great company and great people
Work and LOTO Mechanical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indonesia5 October 2016
Diverse group of employees. Culture was great. The company treated us like VIP's. I would definitely go back and work for Exxon, given the opportunity.
Pros
First Class travel and 5 Star accomodations
Cons
Terribly hot weather