ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

great working conditions and good people
Database Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
A great work environment, was provided with anything I required to carry out my job efficiently. Kept informed and involved in everything that was occurring within the department I was working in. Really enjoyed all of the people that I had a chance to work with.
Pros
treated very well by company, great working conditions
Cons
being a contractor there were no options for advancement
Great company and great people
Work and LOTO Mechanical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indonesia5 October 2016
Diverse group of employees. Culture was great. The company treated us like VIP's. I would definitely go back and work for Exxon, given the opportunity.
Pros
First Class travel and 5 Star accomodations
Cons
Terribly hot weather
Offshore life
Client Site Representative (Current Employee) –  Qatar15 October 2016
Contractor barges and DP Vessels

Mobilization to Demob. Different locations and different contractors have different levels of experiences. Tier one company cannot be compared to a Tier three company. So site amenities vary.
Productive, well managed and organized environment
SR. PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 June 2016
Process driven and well organized diversified environment. Well structured with a minimum management overhead. Decisions are not making lightly. Focus on the results with people as a priority.
Pros
Business oriented, well structured and process driven environment.
Cons
Sometimes it takes too long to make a decision
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL Canada24 August 2016
Very good company to work for with excellent management team. Company takes care of employees and provides them with the most training available to ensure success.
Great Place to work
Sr. Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 June 2016
Awesome place to work, great pace to work and learn. They have a great deal of trust in their staff and capabilities.
NO IT jobs in Canada (Unless Calgary) where most jobs were relocated offshore... :(
Pros
Great pace, lots of trust
Cons
Outsourced to KL
Exxon was an exceptional company to be associated with
Collections Specialist and Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 March 2016
My day was very busy. Employees were well respected by both management and co-workers. I learned that health and safety was the number one priority in the workplace. I enjoyed working with a wide variety of people from different cultures.
Pros
Excellent benefits package. Monthly free lunches for team meetings. Free parking.
Great family owned company
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 February 2016
Management is approachable and understanding. It is a fun and safe workplace. Lots of variety of equipment and the shop keeps the machines running at top performance, and are always available to help. Plenty of work during busy season and good working experience.
Pros
always lots of work
Cons
long hours, disorganized at times
Summary
Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
Very satisfied with the assignments at work. Relax atmosphere to enjoy working with colleagues. Opportunities to do independent assignments. Good work and life balance opportunities.
Company that values the employee
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia26 October 2015
After my whole experience I can say that EM is a very good place to work. It gives good benefits to the employees, mainly regarding Safety at work. However due to the exchange rate valuation in Brazil, we started to feel less opportunities on career progression. But I think that this was something very specific for Brazil´s office. In other countries, mainly North America is a very good Company to work!! If we had one affiliate here in Vancouver I would apply for it.
Competitive workplace
Commercial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 October 2015
Great workplace once you reach career level. No benefits while I was on a contract position, chaotic management staff at the time I was working over there, but great opportunities if you had the patience to overlook those details. Also, great ergonomics department who will set up your work station every time it is required.
you wont get hired but you'll love your time there
NACC (Former Employee) –  moncton, nb3 September 2015
job varied at the beginning, but ended up being just about answering the phone and responding to customers emails in the end. I did learn more on writing email to suit the business, filling, excel and data entry. management seem to choose their favorites and stick to giving them the new tasks, not much to say there. co-workers were amazing, didn't spend much time with them, since work was none stop, but I knew them enough to love them. the hardest part was to take breaks, you get wrapped up in work that time flies by. I loved the data entry the most.
Good place to work overall.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 December 2015
need to be competitive with co-workers through a rating system. Jobs are being transferred to other countries. Roles change often.
Pros
Co-workers are supportive of each other
Railcar Coordinator/Expediator
Railcar Coordinator/Expediator (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 August 2015
Safety is priority. Daily KPI standards that required to be action-ed daily.

My main duties include but not limited to:

Expediting Railcar's from a KPI data base.

Tracking Railcar's on Railroad site and updating current activity on each Railcar.

Escalating issues with Railroad. Opening service log or sending email.

Generating Railtrac reports and following up on any issues with an Railcar.

Doing daily MIGO is SAP (posting of Goods Receipt from various plants).
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
shift 9 - 530, would prefer to start earlier and off at 4 PM, A lot of segregation from being an employee vs being a contractor especially on company events, which makes you feel not apart of the team, (contractors are not permitted to participate in social events.)
Wonderful Company to work for
Marine & Aviation- Domestic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 October 2015
ExxonMobil is a great company to work for. They relocated otherwise I would still be them. I worked in several departs Home Heat, Chemicals, and Marine. I enjoyed Marine the most.
Pros
Great benefits
Exxcelent work place to do your carrer
Commercial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 November 2015
My experience at ExxonMobil in the Business Support Center was great.
Excellent team work, company oriented to the perfection , highly customer driven .
As a member of emergency respone team l was given safety award.
SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  FSO YOHO (offshores)25 June 2015
Working in such an reputable establishment was a great one because l was able to gain job experience and l also develop my skills on work process in oil and gas companies as reflexted in my CV. ln the process l acquire adequate training which is very useful on my day to day activities, the management also emphasis on safety development of personnel in all ramification and how co-workers coperate to achieved success in every jobs. The hardest part of the job was the risk involved in flying offshores for that number of years and the enjoyment part was the job experience which help me in my future carrieer.
Pros
Team building seminar with our family on yearly bases.
Cons
If we have challenges on the machinery hours of work was extended to complete the task.
Great people
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Kelly Services (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 October 2015
Great place to work. The people and managers were great to work with. I learned a lot while working there that I have used in other positions.
The number one Oil & Gas Company in the World
Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Africa, Middle East6 February 2015
After spending more than 19 years with ExxonMobil, I can confidently admit that EM has crafted my experience in life.From the very beginning on your entry orientation program, you feel welcomed and "incubated" ! Once you're done , you are on your own with full management support and remote supervision . The diversity of assignments , cultures , issues and exposures redefines your personality and professional expertise. The work environment makes you enjoy facing challenges all the way long. For me, EM is another school for professional life.
Excellent place to work!
Marine Dedicated Customer Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 November 2014
Great working environment with lots of support from management and co-workers alike. There were endless learning opportunities, as well as plenty of opportunity and encouragement for career pathing.
Pros
Support, learning opportunities, advancement opportunities
Cons
Too much red tape for management when in need of taking disciplinary actions