ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
One of the worst company structures for IT support I have ever worked with.
EMIT Area Ops (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
Worked with the EMIT group in the Edmonton refinery. The interview was for a tier1 position and in reality it was a Project Managers position. Safety is ridiculously high...papercut involves days of paperwork. Was let go because rear passenger in vehicle did not have seat belt fully locked. Server room is a disaster and was nearly electrocuted 3 times along with the raised floor being damaged and ready to fail.

You will have no access to repair anything! Worst organization I have ever worked for.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Everything else is just horrid...Exxonmobil is like working for the devil.
Great company to work for
Dedicated customer professional (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 August 2017
This is a great company and I enjoy working here, but the scheduling doesn't fit with my personal life.
benefits are vey good.
safety is very important.
Busy days
AR DCP, Sales Operations Professional (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 August 2017
Loved working with internal and external customers. Company provides a work/life balance and recognized hard work. Days when rewarded with extended lunch
Pros
Work/life balance
Access Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 June 2017
A typical day at work was handling customer requests via phone or email.

I learned most of my technical experience through Exxon and I am forever grateful for that. There were many different departments there so there is room to move or grow.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the work. I loved learning new things and finding out how to fix or assist with fixing issues that arose. It was challenging and I loved it.

Benefits were great and salary comparable.
Energetic place to work
Junior Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MA8 June 2017
Perform oil change, transmission flush, tire repair, brake pads and rotors. You're always learning new things. Friendly and fun place to work. Management was great, took good care of the employees.
Pros
Hands-on work
Productive, fun workplace, and fast-paced environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 May 2017
Attention to detail is essential, regardless of the work one does. The company invests on its employees, providing constant training and opportunities to develop and grow.
Pros
Lots of events and free food all the time!!! OMG
Cons
Company does not participate in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, or any type of immigration program at all.
One of the best places I've worked
Rail operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 May 2017
The people and atmosphere were great. Enjoyed coming to work everyday. A family like atmosphere. Lots of flexibility with the departments and rolls and lots room for advancement or change if needed.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Poor management decisions
Excellent company
SENIOR SYSTEM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT - Contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
Very well organized large multi national enterprise. Friendly work environment. Top IT team is knowable and easy to work with. IT management is good, but many IT positions has been outsourced to low cost location in Brazil, Argentina and Asia leading to some service quality erosion.
Pros
Outstanding management team.
Cons
remote work is not widely used, outsourced IT team do not much North america quality.
Heavy workload with recognition
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
Work/life balance can be difficult at times, especially in an organization that believes in being lean. The overall compensation package is competitive and depending on what part of the organization you are in, you can expect to be recognized for your work.

Management expects a lot but easy to get along with. Just be prepared to check your ethics at the door. It may have been my role but for a company that puts so much stock in ethical behavior, it is amazing how often senior management ignores it.
Pros
overall compensation, management
Cons
work/life balance, ethics
Safety adherence, Productive and Fun
Production Operator Intern (Former Employee) –  Bonny River Terminal, Nigeria27 February 2017
i was fortunate to experience a 1 year internship with ExxonMobil Bonny River terminal, Nigeria and i have fallen in love with the company ever since.

I learnt a whole lot from experienced professionals who made me enjoy learning

i won an award for 'BEST SAFETY PERSONNEL'
Global Diversity
Chemical Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 December 2016
A good company to work for.
very diverse and plenty of opportunities for advancement.
good employee benefits
good employee development and and training programs
Work experience, Skills and learning process.
Senior Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Yoho Fso (Storage and Offloading vessel)18 November 2016
I have experience and skills in troubleshooting and repairs of pumps, compressors, steam plant, generators, condensers, evaporator, valves, in tank repairs, and fabrication/installations of mechanical equipment's, etc. On day at we always accomplished the task assign to us unless very critical we suspend for another day. l have learn a lot as per what l did not no before in terms of safety, security and work process. l always have a good relationship with my co-workers in order to build a solid team. The hardest part of the job is when there is Critical job with limited number of personnel to execute the job and the most enjoyable part is we are able to accomplish all task assign to us.
Pros
Free internet access and tools for the job
Cons
Limited break hours
great working conditions and good people
Database Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
A great work environment, was provided with anything I required to carry out my job efficiently. Kept informed and involved in everything that was occurring within the department I was working in. Really enjoyed all of the people that I had a chance to work with.
Pros
treated very well by company, great working conditions
Cons
being a contractor there were no options for advancement
Offshore life
Client Site Representative (Current Employee) –  Qatar15 October 2016
Contractor barges and DP Vessels

Mobilization to Demob. Different locations and different contractors have different levels of experiences. Tier one company cannot be compared to a Tier three company. So site amenities vary.
Great company and great people
Work and LOTO Mechanical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indonesia5 October 2016
Diverse group of employees. Culture was great. The company treated us like VIP's. I would definitely go back and work for Exxon, given the opportunity.
Pros
First Class travel and 5 Star accomodations
Cons
Terribly hot weather
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL Canada24 August 2016
Very good company to work for with excellent management team. Company takes care of employees and provides them with the most training available to ensure success.
Productive, well managed and organized environment
SR. PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 June 2016
Process driven and well organized diversified environment. Well structured with a minimum management overhead. Decisions are not making lightly. Focus on the results with people as a priority.
Pros
Business oriented, well structured and process driven environment.
Cons
Sometimes it takes too long to make a decision
Great Place to work
Sr. Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 June 2016
Awesome place to work, great pace to work and learn. They have a great deal of trust in their staff and capabilities.
NO IT jobs in Canada (Unless Calgary) where most jobs were relocated offshore... :(
Pros
Great pace, lots of trust
Cons
Outsourced to KL
Exxon was an exceptional company to be associated with
Collections Specialist and Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 March 2016
My day was very busy. Employees were well respected by both management and co-workers. I learned that health and safety was the number one priority in the workplace. I enjoyed working with a wide variety of people from different cultures.
Pros
Excellent benefits package. Monthly free lunches for team meetings. Free parking.
Summary
Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
Very satisfied with the assignments at work. Relax atmosphere to enjoy working with colleagues. Opportunities to do independent assignments. Good work and life balance opportunities.