ExxonMobil Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Summary
Planning Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Very satisfied with the assignments at work. Relax atmosphere to enjoy working with colleagues. Opportunities to do independent assignments. Good work and life balance opportunities.
Great family owned company
Mechanic (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: always lots of work
Cons: long hours, disorganized at times
Management is approachable and understanding. It is a fun and safe workplace. Lots of variety of equipment and the shop keeps the machines running at top performance, and are always available to help. Plenty of work during busy season and good working experience.
Good place to work overall.
customer service representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Co-workers are supportive of each other
Cons: Long hours
need to be competitive with co-workers through a rating system. Jobs are being transferred to other countries. Roles change often.
Exxcelent work place to do your carrer
Commercial Advisor (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 11, 2015
My experience at ExxonMobil in the Business Support Center was great.
Excellent team work, company oriented to the perfection , highly customer driven .
Company that values the employee
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), British ColumbiaOctober 26, 2015
After my whole experience I can say that EM is a very good place to work. It gives good benefits to the employees, mainly regarding Safety at work. However due to the exchange rate valuation in Brazil, we started to feel less opportunities on career progression. But I think that this was something very specific for Brazil´s office. In other countries, mainly North America is a very good Company to work!! If we had one affiliate here in Vancouver I would apply for it.
Competitive workplace
Commercial Advisor (Former Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 18, 2015
Great workplace once you reach career level. No benefits while I was on a contract position, chaotic management staff at the time I was working over there, but great opportunities if you had the patience to overlook those details. Also, great ergonomics department who will set up your work station every time it is required.
Wonderful Company to work for
Marine & Aviation- Domestic Account Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
ExxonMobil is a great company to work for. They relocated otherwise I would still be them. I worked in several departs Home Heat, Chemicals, and Marine. I enjoyed Marine the most.
Great people
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Kelly Services (Former Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work. The people and managers were great to work with. I learned a lot while working there that I have used in other positions.
you wont get hired but you'll love your time there
NACC (Former Employee), moncton, nbSeptember 3, 2015
job varied at the beginning, but ended up being just about answering the phone and responding to customers emails in the end. I did learn more on writing email to suit the business, filling, excel and data entry. management seem to choose their favorites and stick to giving them the new tasks, not much to say there. co-workers were amazing, didn't spend much time with them, since work was none stop, but I knew them enough to love them. the hardest part was to take breaks, you get wrapped up in work that time flies by. I loved the data entry the most.
Railcar Coordinator/Expediator
Railcar Coordinator/Expediator (Current Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 10, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunch
Cons: shift 9 - 530, would prefer to start earlier and off at 4 PM, A lot of segregation from being an employee vs being a contractor especially on company events, which makes you feel not apart of the team, (contractors are not permitted to participate in social events.)
Safety is priority. Daily KPI standards that required to be action-ed daily.

My main duties include but not limited to:

Expediting Railcar's from a KPI data base.

Tracking Railcar's on Railroad site and updating current activity on each Railcar.

Escalating issues with Railroad. Opening service log or sending email.

Generating Railtrac reports and following up on any issues with an Railcar.

Doing daily MIGO is SAP (posting of Goods Receipt from various plants).
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJuly 29, 2015
Providing first level support to customer sites, managing monthly reports and invoicing in Excel for all US locations. Responsible for ensuring accuracy between vendor invoices and the company database.
As a member of emergency respone team l was given safety award.
SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), FSO YOHO (offshores)June 25, 2015
Pros: Team building seminar with our family on yearly bases.
Cons: If we have challenges on the machinery hours of work was extended to complete the task.
Working in such an reputable establishment was a great one because l was able to gain job experience and l also develop my skills on work process in oil and gas companies as reflexted in my CV. ln the process l acquire adequate training which is very useful on my day to day activities, the management also emphasis on safety development of personnel in all ramification and how co-workers coperate to achieved success in every jobs. The hardest part of the job was the risk involved in flying offshores for that number of years and the enjoyment part was the job experience which help me in my future carrieer.
Not your typical Business to Business Centre
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 9, 2015
I found that Exxon mobil offered a professional environment and took the call centre feel out of the office. Exxon was also very accommodating to employees needs in order to offer the best work environment.
Great Company!!
Owner's Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 15, 2015
An excellent company with great work/life balance. Very helpful management. Lots of resources to achieve professional excellence.
The number one Oil & Gas Company in the World
Legal Counsel (Former Employee), Africa, Middle EastFebruary 6, 2015
After spending more than 19 years with ExxonMobil, I can confidently admit that EM has crafted my experience in life.From the very beginning on your entry orientation program, you feel welcomed and "incubated" ! Once you're done , you are on your own with full management support and remote supervision . The diversity of assignments , cultures , issues and exposures redefines your personality and professional expertise. The work environment makes you enjoy facing challenges all the way long. For me, EM is another school for professional life.
Excellent place to work!
Marine Dedicated Customer Professional (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 24, 2014
Pros: support, learning opportunities, advancement opportunities
Cons: too much red tape for management when in need of taking disciplinary actions
Great working environment with lots of support from management and co-workers alike. There were endless learning opportunities, as well as plenty of opportunity and encouragement for career pathing.
Great Company/Employer
Rebate Specialist and Pricing Administrator (Former Employee), Saint John NBNovember 12, 2014
Pros: 4 weeks vacation, 4 floaters, 1 day off each month (edo)
Great Benefits
Opportunity to grown and learn
Pension
Savings Plan
Great Experience
Gas Station Attendant/Customer Service (Former Employee), floridaJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: low pay
made sandwiches for customers. enjoyed it just didnt enjoyed the pay.
Awesome place to work
Order Dedicated Customer Professional Exports (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 13, 2014
Pros: lots to list
Cons: usually contract and can take a while to be hired on
Great place to work, lots to learn, advancement opportunities, cultural.
Excellent Safety Culture.
SAP UPGRADE MASTER DATA SME (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 14, 2014
Pros: global travel, expense account, corporate amex
Cons: no cons
Typical day:

Managing SAP consultants, remote and on site training sessions for new hires change management, data analysis, process improvement, presentations, several proven process improvement initiatives, technical documentation, process mapping, project management, software design, software upgrades, data governance, ERP system upgrades (SAP), cost estimates, data migration, access assurance, quality assurance, user interface testing, user readiness testing and requirements capture.