Extreme Pita Employee Reviews

Fun place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2016
Kept busy it was a fun place to work, The pay was good for what we had to do< i enjoyed getting to know the regular Customers, Sometimes i didnt like that they ran out of stuff or ordered something else instead of the item we needed
Fun place to work
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2016
I like the employees that I worked with it was lots of fun to work there but every one works really hard and its really clean and safe
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Inside a bell building
Very Productive workplace
Pita Pro (Current Employee) –  Burin, NL25 August 2016
Truly it is a great place to work, the staff are amazing , very kind and willing to lend you an extra hand whenever its needed. There is always something you can be doing at all times at Extreme Pita, cleaning, or doing prep work to making sure everything is filled and extra for when it has there rushes.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
need to move on for better opportunity
Part time Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 July 2016
good place to work if someone doesn't want to move on.
Management is good.
Most enjoyable part is talking with customer and co-worker.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long working hour
It's an okay job
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB8 July 2016
average work load
learned management
fun with co-workers
working with co-workers was fun
most enjoyable part was monthly meeting/get together
Pros
Free Pitas
Cons
Great working environment with plenty of friendly people to help
Part time employee (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 June 2016
Working with the management at extreme pita was very easy as the job was easy to pick up as the training was very strong. Over time you are able to easily adapt to the working space as well as all the existing parts of the job requirements.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Hours
Extremely Busy Work Atmosphere
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON6 June 2016
1000 to 2000 costumers everyday. Management usually not that well trained and disrespectful to lesser employees. The job was a lot of unappreciated work on all sides.
Pros
50% off lunches
Cons
High stress and low pay.
fun work atmosphere
customer service and cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2016
i have been working for more than 1 year and i learned time management, problem solving, analytical skills ,communications skills.
patience to deal with customers
co-workers are very co-operative
Fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 May 2016
The work depend on the day of the week. usually on Sundays it is calm while on Saturdays it is extremely busy. It requires a lot of patience and ability to work in a fast paced environment to work at Extreme Pita. The hardest part of the job is keep standing for several hours and the most amazing part is having very friendly co-workers who support you.
Pros
50% off on food
Cons
Have to keep standing for several hours
Good environment with great people
Pita Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON29 April 2016
A typical day of work would be, food prep for the day if you are working morning / some food prep at night and smoothies. Making pita's and smoothies for customers and cashing them out. Lots of dish washing, and then the usual closing routine. I became Supervisor after just a year, which made things enjoyable for a bit. Throughout my 3 years working there, I went through 3 different owners; since it is a franchise. We went from having 2-3 employees on shift at all times to 1-2, which made things boring; especially since I worked the entire Sunday alone. Hardest part of the job was the rush to finish the closing alone when customers would come in late at night; sometimes extending closing time by over 45 minutes. I met a lot of great friends through this job and overall found it to be a great experience.
Pros
Half price pitas and smoothies
Cons
Management kept lowering on-shift employee amounts
Hostile Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 April 2016
The training was fun. It started out good, everyone got along fine. The first negative part of this working experience is it took so long for the store to open, there was a lot of delays but i still waited. After time went by, people started to quit due to poor management. They always got our paychecks wrong. They hired mostly people that knew each other ex: a guy and his girlfriend so they would team up against others. Some co workers would threaten others, yell, or just make them feel uncomfortable.
Cons
-Not friendly staff, barley any hours, not giving full pay checks
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON17 April 2016
Management is great and because you're in a mall, you meet new people every day. The hardest part about working here is the high volume of people coming in for lunch breaks. You need to work fast and be able to compose yourself. The most enjoyable part would be the free food.
Extremes' Extreme Summary
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON14 April 2016
After two dedicated years of working at Extreme Pita, I resigned from my position because I moved to Guelph for school. From working at Extreme Pita I was able to develop foundational work ethics that I had already began developing during years of accademic work. Although working at Extreme Pita was a demanding job (prep, serve, clean, etc.), the skills I have, allowed me to succeed in the fast pace environment. However not all times were busy, these times taught me how to properly prioritize important duties in order to ensure customer satisfaction was the main concern. Overall, the management and staff I had the opportunity to work with influenced the positive environment and attitude reflected in the work place. I think establishing good bonds with co-workers and higher positions is important because it allows for an enjoyable, comfortable and smooth shift guaranteed.
Pros
Free lunches, great boss, good location, convient hours
Cons
Little room for promotion, maximum hours/week
Productive and fun workplace.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2016
Handled cash and operated cash register.
Prepared foods to meet the sales demand of the restaurant.
Prepared weekly wholesale lists to buy and all menus.
Nice people!
Not a great place
Cashier, pita expert (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 January 2016
The job was easy, but it was run horribly, especially the one I was at. In fact, the reason I didn't go back when I was on break from university was that it closed down, and was re-opening under new management, perhaps this changes my review as it realy was management I had a problem with. Super nice owner, boss, but he didn't seem to know how to run it, and wasn't the cleanest guy about it either.
Pros
cheaper lunches, super nice boss
Cons
not run well, kind of dirty
was fun because of managment
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2015
typically day started off by doing delivers and coming back to store and helping customers out what they needed and how could i help them in any kind of way and then go for lunch come back and do partial cash out half way throughtout the day and then work until close. cash out and close store and clean any extra stuff that needs to be cleaned
Pros
free lunch
Decent
Line/Production (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 December 2015
Good place to be if you're experience in other customer service restaurants. But in my 3 months of working. You were basically left to learn things on your own, you were expected to be fast even though you just started and basically had no training.
Small fast food restaurant with little interaction between coworkers
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 December 2015
At the beginning of every shift, which was the evening shift for me, I would arrive and my coworker who was already there would leave only giving me the chance to say hello. I would become the only worker than leaving me to do clean and prep everything while also serving every customer no matter how many arrived.
The majority of the interactions I had with my manager was settling when I would be working as I almost never say her during work.
This taught me how to manage my time effectively to get all of my tasks done while also forcing me to learn how to multitask while serving multiple customers.
The hardest part of the job was serving a large group of people efficiently.
The most enjoyable part was that I got to have many conversations with customers.
Pros
Schedule was consistent week to week
Cons
Many tasks left to a single person on top of serving customers
Bad management, poorly run store
Crew (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 November 2015
Owned by a small Indian family who work in the store, you are likely not going to get very many hours as they cover as many as they can to save money on wages. The boss, even after two years of asking for one, refuses to make a weekly schedule, so most shifts he will text you about the night before. This really interferes with any plans outside of work, which he doesn't care about. Paydays are biweekly, pay is given in cheques which he usually doesn't have ready for you until the day after payday, so if you are on a budget, don't work for him. He is highly unorganized and rude to his employees, he will make sure he gets a break or an hour off before you get a break. You work alone a lot and are never praised or acknowledged for the work you do. The job itself is fantastic, the management at the store is the problem.
It was a good experince
Pita Maker (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON7 October 2015
The hardest part of the job was lunch rush and we would only have 2 workers. The owner wasn't the greatest, because he was close to selling the place near the end.
Pros
Half off everthing
Cons
Low Staff

2.9