Extreme Pita Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Hostile Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONApril 18, 2016
Cons: -Not friendly staff, barley any hours, not giving full pay checks
The training was fun. It started out good, everyone got along fine. The first negative part of this working experience is it took so long for the store to open, there was a lot of delays but i still waited. After time went by, people started to quit due to poor management. They always got our paychecks wrong. They hired mostly people that knew each other ex: a guy and his girlfriend so they would team up against others. Some co workers would threaten others, yell, or just make them feel uncomfortable.
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 17, 2016
Management is great and because you're in a mall, you meet new people every day. The hardest part about working here is the high volume of people coming in for lunch breaks. You need to work fast and be able to compose yourself. The most enjoyable part would be the free food.
Extremes' Extreme Summary
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: Free lunches, great boss, good location, convient hours
Cons: Little room for promotion, maximum hours/week
After two dedicated years of working at Extreme Pita, I resigned from my position because I moved to Guelph for school. From working at Extreme Pita I was able to develop foundational work ethics that I had already began developing during years of accademic work. Although working at Extreme Pita was a demanding job (prep, serve, clean, etc.), the skills I have, allowed me to succeed in the fast pace environment. However not all times were busy, these times taught me how to properly prioritize important duties in order to ensure customer satisfaction was the main concern. Overall, the management and staff I had the opportunity to work with influenced the positive environment and attitude reflected in the work place. I think establishing good bonds with co-workers and higher positions is important because it allows for an enjoyable, comfortable and smooth shift guaranteed.
Productive and fun workplace.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
Handled cash and operated cash register.
Prepared foods to meet the sales demand of the restaurant.
Prepared weekly wholesale lists to buy and all menus.
Nice people!
was fun because of managment
supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
typically day started off by doing delivers and coming back to store and helping customers out what they needed and how could i help them in any kind of way and then go for lunch come back and do partial cash out half way throughtout the day and then work until close. cash out and close store and clean any extra stuff that needs to be cleaned
Decent
Line/Production (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 16, 2015
Good place to be if you're experience in other customer service restaurants. But in my 3 months of working. You were basically left to learn things on your own, you were expected to be fast even though you just started and basically had no training.
Small fast food restaurant with little interaction between coworkers
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Schedule was consistent week to week
Cons: Many tasks left to a single person on top of serving customers
At the beginning of every shift, which was the evening shift for me, I would arrive and my coworker who was already there would leave only giving me the chance to say hello. I would become the only worker than leaving me to do clean and prep everything while also serving every customer no matter how many arrived.
The majority of the interactions I had with my manager was settling when I would be working as I almost never say her during work.
This taught me how to manage my time effectively to get all of my tasks done while also forcing me to learn how to multitask while serving multiple customers.
The hardest part of the job was serving a large group of people efficiently.
The most enjoyable part was that I got to have many conversations with customers.
Bad management, poorly run store
Crew (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 24, 2015
Owned by a small Indian family who work in the store, you are likely not going to get very many hours as they cover as many as they can to save money on wages. The boss, even after two years of asking for one, refuses to make a weekly schedule, so most shifts he will text you about the night before. This really interferes with any plans outside of work, which he doesn't care about. Paydays are biweekly, pay is given in cheques which he usually doesn't have ready for you until the day after payday, so if you are on a budget, don't work for him. He is highly unorganized and rude to his employees, he will make sure he gets a break or an hour off before you get a break. You work alone a lot and are never praised or acknowledged for the work you do. The job itself is fantastic, the management at the store is the problem.
It was a good experince
Pita Maker (Former Employee), Bolton, ONOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Half off everthing
Cons: Low Staff
The hardest part of the job was lunch rush and we would only have 2 workers. The owner wasn't the greatest, because he was close to selling the place near the end.
HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT
Crew Member (Former Employee), Toronto,ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Co-workers were nice.
Cons: Long hours, bad management
The co-workers were super great with helping me learn different tasks in the work environment. Management was very unorganized and very careless in terms of employee well-being and safety. To make things short: very very bad management.
Experience
handling cash, taking orders and making orders (Former Employee), Surrey BCSeptember 14, 2015
I was in high school and worked for extreme pita as a part time team member. Working at Extreme Pita was fun time, Most of my shift time was by myself there a lots of multiple tasks, like cashier, taking orders making it, preparing for tomorrow, organizing the store and closing the store. The most memorable everyone were friendly, honest and responsible.
Fun Place to work
Manager/Assistant (Current Employee), Ajax, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: healthy eating
Cons: pricey compared to other places
Fun place to work. Enjoyed the staff I worked with but now with everybody going back to school the amount of staff that has stayed is well below the skeleton level.
gud
Cashier, Food (Current Employee), prince albert.skAugust 20, 2015
All days are typical for me.Everytime we have something to learn.The management is very nice & have friendly atmosphere.The enjoyable part is after our good work we got appreciations & that means a lot for us.
Under Performing
Bussiness Development Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: Some nice people still work here
Cons: Make changes for the sake of making changes
This company has far to many issues to list. Poor management, weak leadership and promotions made to undeserving employees.
Working at Extreme Pita - Orchard Park
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMay 12, 2015
I have worked for Extreme Pita - Orchard Park for two years now. I stayed in this company for this long because of how I love to work with my co-workers and also the management. In Extreme Pita, we are like a family and we always have fun during our shifts. We can still manage to find time to laugh although we get busy. The management treats as family and I am thankful for that.
Busy around lunch time, flexible and accommodating schedule.
Server, Kitchen and Closing Staff (Former Employee), St. John's, NLApril 22, 2015
Pros: High-paced, flexible schedule.
I learned to deal with customers and to provide satisfying customer service. I learned as well to work at a hectic pace during lunch hour. And provide satisfying work without a supervisor on duty.
good environment
Cashier (Former Employee), vaughanApril 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: late nights
Many food precautions
Good co workers
Friendly staff
Very clean environment
Variety of customers
Learn to work at quick paced
great company to work for.
Cashier/cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 14, 2014
Pros: lunch for employee 50% discount
Great company, good management, fair and honest. Enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was a positive. Management was good at showing what needed to be done.
Hardworking and responsible
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: meeting a lot of people
Cons: distance
Working in Extreme Pita made me more responsible as a person. It gave me so much opportunity to learn how to handle a business and to work with such a great people and customers..
fun
Pita Maker (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: slow co-workers sometimes
a typical day at work is good, but not the best, i learned how to make pitas and wrap them. the management wasnt the best the boss was a fool. the co-workers were awesome always got along with them. the hardest part was dealing with the manager/boss when they were in a bad mood. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the discount.