Extreme Fitness Employee Reviews in Canada

friendly and motivating atmosphere
Reception Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
Welcomed and assisted customers and clientele using effective social skills
Accurately recorded data and information on the network demonstrating integrity and ethical values
Provided information about the different exercise routines, timings, gym instructors, and schedules representing professionalism towards the company
Introduced membership options to guest walk-ins with the ability to be flexible in supporting sales staff when called upon
Healthy and encouraging work environment with happy work force.
Promotion Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2013
I would be required to attract potential customers to the office. I learned coercive and interpersonal skills. The management was polite and efficient. They were able to convey information and requirements without seeming intimidating. Everyone seemed like a family. My co-workers were easy to get along with. There were no rifts. At times, it would be difficult to reach quota. We were treated well, though, and our concerns were listened to.
Pros
close-knit environment, positivity, flexible hours
Cons
slight monotony
sales experience
Promotional Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2013
Extreme Fitness gave me the opportunity to learn how to approach potential clients in any environment. Because I worked there for quite a while, I got to develop different techniques when speaking to a potential client and people in general.
Fun Work Place
Membership Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2013
Working at Extreme Fitness is a very fun job. You get to meet many great people. People of different cultures, hobbies etc. I have been doing this job for two years and I love it. At Extreme Fitness I deal with membership sales. The review that I will give will be based on the job position that deals with "membership sales" at any gym. The job is great. You get to go to many parties, the money is good if you are good. I have seen people come and go and the only ones who made it work for them are the ones that were patient, put in the work and came in with the right attitude. You begin to start living a very healthy life style too and you learn a lot of new things, however that is all your life becomes, and that is all you will know.
Fun, good people to work with.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Busy but relax atmosphere.
My co-workers are excellent.
Hardest part is during deadline completion.
The most enjoyable part is working with good people
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 4, 2013
-I would go into work and make calls to clients that owned training sessions but haven't been to the gym in a while, so I would call them and try to get them to come back
-I learned that I really enjoy the whole aspect of the gym and that I am great at providing information to many of my clients
-The management at the gym was amazing to work with and it made my days go by very smooth
-All the trainers that worked at Extreme Fitness were some of the best trainers in the business
-Because I walked with a cane at the time I found it to be a challenge to move fast throughout the gym
-the most enjoyable part for me was to be able to train myself in the evening once my clients were done in the amazing quality gym that I worked for
Pros
free membership, other trainers that i could go to for advice, go to the management and ask them for advice as well, in the gym all the members are equal no matter who they are outside of the gym, being a personal trainer was a privilege for me
Cons
the pay that the gym gave the trainers wasn't very much
Productive and fun workplace
Membership Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2013
The work was to prospect and call potential members to see if they were interested in touring the gym or trying a free workout. The job at it's core was selling gym memberships and there was a lot of focus on the final bottom line. The managers were good, helpful and motivating.
I learned a lot more about sales and how to negotiate with people.
My colleagues were nice and friendly. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was getting new prospective members and selling them memberships.
Pros
free workouts
Cons
long hours, disproportional pay, high pressure
good
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2012
Good place to work, deffinetly needs more hours! I am a manager here and I love my staff!
Pros
workout!
Cons
nothing
It was a very upbeat and fun place to work
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2012
I was a Monday to Friday manager so I would usually come in in the morning and leave around 6-8 pm every night. I learned so much especially working there for 4 years. Always kept a positive attitude kept high energy and learned to work well with many different type of personality's and cultures. Management was great I got along with everyone that I worked with, I had a great experience with being moved around to different locations and management being moved around so I got to understand different ways of handling situations and quick changes.

Sometimes we would get after work rushes and that's when the multitasking and fast pace work would have to come in place. I really enjoyed it though, I have a very high energy level so I like to keep myself busy.

I had a great team that I enjoyed working with on a daily bases and also I had a great line up of clients that I would look forward to seeing when they came in to go for a quick workout.The staff were all fun young energetic people who all had fun but also professional and had great relationships.
in total 6 out of 10
Personal training Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2012
in total 6 out of 10 .just need to spend more time or maybe keep it as part time job
siempre ah habido buena actitud de compañerismo
promoteam ,personal training, sales .cleaning , (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2013
cada dia no era tipico era emocionante cada dia aprendes cosas nuevas aprendi mas unos excelentes compañeros, el gerente una persona inteligente al saber tratar a sus empleados y darles oportunidades de seguir creciendo cada dia tanto personal como laboral siempre ah sido una persona de admirar ,mis compañeros muy centrados cada uno en su puesto y labores y respetuosos dificil al principio aprender el idioma. lo que mas me gusto, siempre tuve el apoyo de mis compañeros aun si saber el idioma perfecto y que me apoyaron para crecer dia a dia muy feliz con ellos un excelente grupo de trabajo good team
Pros
seguro de trabajo y el ohip
Cons
ninguna siempre habia un descanso