Extreme Fitness Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work,close to home,and free workouts
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Clean all weight machines,vacuum.I would check all things in the gym to make sure they are safe.The people l worked with were great.The most enjoyable part was l got a free membership and l am into working out.
Pros
free membership
Cons
moved away.
Not bad
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONDecember 21, 2015
Working at extreme fitness was an okay experience. Management was mixed. Some of the managers were fun and enjoyable to be around while others did not care about their employees. The work environment was fun though.
Decent place to work. Nice staff with perks of a gym membership.
Administrative Assistant/CSR (Former Employee) –  H.O ThornhillNovember 11, 2015
Enjoyed my time at Extreme, nice decent people to work with. Reasonable shifts and had the perk of a free gym membership. However the company has since gone out of business.
easy going
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONNovember 6, 2015
Great place to work, friendly staff and customers.

Regional sales opportunities with ongoing staff training. See and attend to customer complaints and ensure sales quotas are reached.
Pros
fun
Cons
retail
fitness
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONOctober 29, 2015
very good company, co-workers are fantastic, postive working envoirment, always an opportunity to grow within the company
Great high energy and positive environment to work in
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONSeptember 19, 2015
I absolutely loved working at Extreme Fitness, everyone had a great attitude and it made every shift a fun and cooperative place to work. I gained great customer service skills and learned how to proceed positive interpersonal skills.
Pros
Positive high energy
Cons
had to leave this job because of school
Promotion Coordinator
Promotion Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2015
I promoted the gym by giving out free 10 day passes to people. I was able to achieve my daily goals by giving out more then 5 passes per hour. Overall I learned that I am great at advertising and do what it takes to achieve my goal.
productive work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
A day would consist of conducted advertisement and corporate outreach programs to bring potential clientele into the facility. That included making at least 50 cold calls daily. Sold over $200,000 worth of memberships in the first 7 months of employment resulting in a promotion to the management team. A skill that I have develop with working with this company is organizational skills, knowing who the clients were and using different approaches to interact with them.
Fun work environment
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2015
It was fun to work at this place, however job growth suspects follow a bottle-necked path, aside from being a personal trainer or a fitness consultant, there are no other opportunities other than being a manager and every company can have only so many managers.
Pros
Free gym workout
Cons
No growth potential
Management changed constantly
Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Hard to work for a company when you are constantly working under new management. Every three months the management would change and you would have to change your working style to accomodate a new manager. Its no wonder this company no longer exists.
Relaxed, fun workplace, coworkers always had fun at work
Director of Health Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2015
At Extreme Fitness a typical day consisted of having a two separate morning meetings; one with the consultants, and another with the personal trainers to get them focused and ready for the day. The remainder of the day was focused on sales.

I learned a great deal about time management, productivity and personal accountability during the time with Extreme Fitness. My co-workers, both above and below me at the company were easy to work with, understood their roles and always did their job to the best of their abilities, but always made sure we had a couple laughs throughout the day to keep everything light.

The toughtest part of the job was sales, not because sales is hard in and of itself, but moreso because you are breaking through people personal mental barriers to making the choice to move forward and make the sale.

The people and the paycheque were the most enjoyable part of the job for sure. Loved the people I worked with and was very comfortable with the money I was making.
Pros
good people, good money
Cons
hours were mornings and afternoons, and weekends
Friendly co-workers
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONOctober 8, 2014
Enjoyed the company of co-workers and treated them as family.
Pros
free membership
Cons
poor management
Energetic, demanding
Member Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  torontoApril 8, 2014
Start off with any emails/vmails to respond to. Look at reports to see where my numbers were at and then begin to review reports and contact members. Gained a lot of experience within the company and had many talented managers to learn from. Hardest part was not taking anything personally when issues arose. Most enjoyable was helping members.
Productive and fun place to work
Personal Trainer/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Renous, NBJanuary 23, 2014
i really enjoyed working here. the hours were well and the people who own the business are great to work for
Pros
free gym membership
Great place to work if you're into fitness and health
Swim Instructor & Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Great place to be motivated to workout to stay in shape. Very professional environment with state of the art equipment.
Pros
full gym membership
Cons
limited oppturnities
Fun Workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  ThornhillDecember 11, 2013
I was an administrator for 2 of the 16 clubs for Extreme Fitness. I reported to the Office Manager and provided assistance and support to the sales team.
Internship
Recruitment and Training Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONNovember 27, 2013
I had a very compassionate manager. He was very understanding and he provided me with actual hands on human resources experience. Extreme Fitness now called Goodlife Fitness is a great company to work for.
Pros
great culture
Productive and fun environment
Child Care (Current Employee) –  PickeringSeptember 5, 2013
Fun and safe environment working with children and good co-workers
My time in Head Office
Club Administrator (Former Employee) –  ThornhillSeptember 5, 2013
My typical day at Extreme Fitness Head Office consists of always being BUSY, there was never a slow day. I would make sure that I always ate breakfast because we always needed to have our energy up. I audited paperwork after paperwork. I balanced deposits, and ran post-dated payments. We had 13 Clubs and I was the administrator for 2 of the 13 clubs.

I learned to manage my time better. I learned to stay positive and to do the best I can.

The management overall wasn't the best but I had an amazing manager for the department I was in. She took care of us and she never gave up on any of us.

My co-workers were again AMAZING! We never sat around and watched someone fall behind. We all helped eachother out

The hardest part of the job was leaving work unfinished for the next day, and having to deal with that work load plus the current days work load. But it always got done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the support you would get from all the co-workers
Pros
made some good friends in a strong work environment
Cons
getting stressed out
Get Fit or Die Trying
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2013
As with any gym, working as a Personal Trainer is a tough business. It's a lot of unpaid work that needs to be done to ensure being successful. (The now non-existent) Extreme Fitness was no exception. Working here was more for experience rather than pay, because if I had to rely on this job for a living, I would have been homeless. Sure there were opportunities to make "extra income" but the payout was almost non-existent.

I would say the hardest part of the job was sales. Big gyms do not make it affordable to "train with the Trainers", especially at a whopping average of $70-80 per session. Even a small package of working out for eight weeks, at two sessions per week, is easily over a grand. There was constant pressure to make sales, with very little incentive to do so, as the wage was fairly low considering how much work was expected to be done, even with commission.

Easily the best part of the job was working with the clients, because after a few sessions I really felt that I was a part of their life, and helping them to better themselves, and being reaffirmed when they told me so.
Pros
working with the clients
Cons
low wage, too much sales pressure, bad managerial skills