Extreme Fitness Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a great place to work,close to home,and free workouts
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Clean all weight machines,vacuum.I would check all things in the gym to make sure they are safe.The people l worked with were great.The most enjoyable part was l got a free membership and l am into working out.
Pros
free membership
Cons
moved away.
Not bad
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONDecember 21, 2015
Working at extreme fitness was an okay experience. Management was mixed. Some of the managers were fun and enjoyable to be around while others did not care about their employees. The work environment was fun though.
Great high energy and positive environment to work in
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONSeptember 19, 2015
I absolutely loved working at Extreme Fitness, everyone had a great attitude and it made every shift a fun and cooperative place to work. I gained great customer service skills and learned how to proceed positive interpersonal skills.
Pros
Positive high energy
Cons
had to leave this job because of school
Decent place to work. Nice staff with perks of a gym membership.
Administrative Assistant/CSR (Former Employee) –  H.O ThornhillNovember 11, 2015
Enjoyed my time at Extreme, nice decent people to work with. Reasonable shifts and had the perk of a free gym membership. However the company has since gone out of business.
productive work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
A day would consist of conducted advertisement and corporate outreach programs to bring potential clientele into the facility. That included making at least 50 cold calls daily. Sold over $200,000 worth of memberships in the first 7 months of employment resulting in a promotion to the management team. A skill that I have develop with working with this company is organizational skills, knowing who the clients were and using different approaches to interact with them.
easy going
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONNovember 6, 2015
Great place to work, friendly staff and customers.

Regional sales opportunities with ongoing staff training. See and attend to customer complaints and ensure sales quotas are reached.
Pros
fun
Cons
retail
Promotion Coordinator
Promotion Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2015
I promoted the gym by giving out free 10 day passes to people. I was able to achieve my daily goals by giving out more then 5 passes per hour. Overall I learned that I am great at advertising and do what it takes to achieve my goal.
Fun work environment
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2015
It was fun to work at this place, however job growth suspects follow a bottle-necked path, aside from being a personal trainer or a fitness consultant, there are no other opportunities other than being a manager and every company can have only so many managers.
Pros
Free gym workout
Cons
No growth potential
fitness
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONOctober 29, 2015
very good company, co-workers are fantastic, postive working envoirment, always an opportunity to grow within the company
Management changed constantly
Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Hard to work for a company when you are constantly working under new management. Every three months the management would change and you would have to change your working style to accomodate a new manager. Its no wonder this company no longer exists.
Healthy and encouraging work environment with happy work force.
Promotion Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2013
I would be required to attract potential customers to the office. I learned coercive and interpersonal skills. The management was polite and efficient. They were able to convey information and requirements without seeming intimidating. Everyone seemed like a family. My co-workers were easy to get along with. There were no rifts. At times, it would be difficult to reach quota. We were treated well, though, and our concerns were listened to.
Pros
close-knit environment, positivity, flexible hours
Cons
slight monotony
friendly and motivating atmosphere
Reception Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
Welcomed and assisted customers and clientele using effective social skills
Accurately recorded data and information on the network demonstrating integrity and ethical values
Provided information about the different exercise routines, timings, gym instructors, and schedules representing professionalism towards the company
Introduced membership options to guest walk-ins with the ability to be flexible in supporting sales staff when called upon
Fun Work Place
Membership Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2013
Working at Extreme Fitness is a very fun job. You get to meet many great people. People of different cultures, hobbies etc. I have been doing this job for two years and I love it. At Extreme Fitness I deal with membership sales. The review that I will give will be based on the job position that deals with "membership sales" at any gym. The job is great. You get to go to many parties, the money is good if you are good. I have seen people come and go and the only ones who made it work for them are the ones that were patient, put in the work and came in with the right attitude. You begin to start living a very healthy life style too and you learn a lot of new things, however that is all your life becomes, and that is all you will know.
Productive and fun workplace
Membership Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2013
The work was to prospect and call potential members to see if they were interested in touring the gym or trying a free workout. The job at it's core was selling gym memberships and there was a lot of focus on the final bottom line. The managers were good, helpful and motivating.
I learned a lot more about sales and how to negotiate with people.
My colleagues were nice and friendly. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was getting new prospective members and selling them memberships.
Pros
free workouts
Cons
long hours, disproportional pay, high pressure
Energetic, demanding
Member Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  torontoApril 8, 2014
Start off with any emails/vmails to respond to. Look at reports to see where my numbers were at and then begin to review reports and contact members. Gained a lot of experience within the company and had many talented managers to learn from. Hardest part was not taking anything personally when issues arose. Most enjoyable was helping members.
Relaxed, fun workplace, coworkers always had fun at work
Director of Health Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2015
At Extreme Fitness a typical day consisted of having a two separate morning meetings; one with the consultants, and another with the personal trainers to get them focused and ready for the day. The remainder of the day was focused on sales.

I learned a great deal about time management, productivity and personal accountability during the time with Extreme Fitness. My co-workers, both above and below me at the company were easy to work with, understood their roles and always did their job to the best of their abilities, but always made sure we had a couple laughs throughout the day to keep everything light.

The toughtest part of the job was sales, not because sales is hard in and of itself, but moreso because you are breaking through people personal mental barriers to making the choice to move forward and make the sale.

The people and the paycheque were the most enjoyable part of the job for sure. Loved the people I worked with and was very comfortable with the money I was making.
Pros
good people, good money
Cons
hours were mornings and afternoons, and weekends
productive and fun work place
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2013
A typical work day consist of meeting with clients and providing them with one on one training sessions. My clients are energetic fun people and they continuously motivate me to do my best.
Pros
team dinners and bonding events like bowling
Cons
unpredictable hours
sales experience
Promotional Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2013
Extreme Fitness gave me the opportunity to learn how to approach potential clients in any environment. Because I worked there for quite a while, I got to develop different techniques when speaking to a potential client and people in general.
Internship
Recruitment and Training Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONNovember 27, 2013
I had a very compassionate manager. He was very understanding and he provided me with actual hands on human resources experience. Extreme Fitness now called Goodlife Fitness is a great company to work for.
Pros
great culture
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 4, 2013
-I would go into work and make calls to clients that owned training sessions but haven't been to the gym in a while, so I would call them and try to get them to come back
-I learned that I really enjoy the whole aspect of the gym and that I am great at providing information to many of my clients
-The management at the gym was amazing to work with and it made my days go by very smooth
-All the trainers that worked at Extreme Fitness were some of the best trainers in the business
-Because I walked with a cane at the time I found it to be a challenge to move fast throughout the gym
-the most enjoyable part for me was to be able to train myself in the evening once my clients were done in the amazing quality gym that I worked for
Pros
free membership, other trainers that i could go to for advice, go to the management and ask them for advice as well, in the gym all the members are equal no matter who they are outside of the gym, being a personal trainer was a privilege for me
Cons
the pay that the gym gave the trainers wasn't very much