Extreme Fitness

Extreme Fitness Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly co-workers
Accountant (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: poor management
Enjoyed the company of co-workers and treated them as family.
Productive and fun place to work
Personal Trainer/Maintenance (Former Employee), Renous, NBJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
i really enjoyed working here. the hours were well and the people who own the business are great to work for
Great place to work if you're into fitness and health
Swim Instructor & Lifeguard (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: full gym membership
Cons: limited oppturnities
Great place to be motivated to workout to stay in shape. Very professional environment with state of the art equipment.
Fun Workplace
Administrator (Former Employee), ThornhillDecember 11, 2013
I was an administrator for 2 of the 16 clubs for Extreme Fitness. I reported to the Office Manager and provided assistance and support to the sales team.
Internship
Recruitment and Training Adminstrator (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great culture
Cons: long hours
I had a very compassionate manager. He was very understanding and he provided me with actual hands on human resources experience. Extreme Fitness now called Goodlife Fitness is a great company to work for.
Productive and fun environment
Child Care (Current Employee), PickeringSeptember 5, 2013
Fun and safe environment working with children and good co-workers
My time in Head Office
Club Administrator (Former Employee), ThornhillSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: made some good friends in a strong work environment
Cons: getting stressed out
My typical day at Extreme Fitness Head Office consists of always being BUSY, there was never a slow day. I would make sure that I always ate breakfast because we always needed to have our energy up. I audited paperwork after paperwork. I balanced deposits, and ran post-dated payments. We had 13 Clubs and I was the administrator for 2 of the 13 clubs.

I – more... learned to manage my time better. I learned to stay positive and to do the best I can.

The management overall wasn't the best but I had an amazing manager for the department I was in. She took care of us and she never gave up on any of us.

My co-workers were again AMAZING! We never sat around and watched someone fall behind. We all helped eachother out

The hardest part of the job was leaving work unfinished for the next day, and having to deal with that work load plus the current days work load. But it always got done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the support you would get from all the co-workers – less
productive and fun work place
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2013
Pros: team dinners and bonding events like bowling
Cons: unpredictable hours
A typical work day consist of meeting with clients and providing them with one on one training sessions. My clients are energetic fun people and they continuously motivate me to do my best.
Get Fit or Die Trying
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2013
Pros: working with the clients
Cons: low wage, too much sales pressure, bad managerial skills
As with any gym, working as a Personal Trainer is a tough business. It's a lot of unpaid work that needs to be done to ensure being successful. (The now non-existent) Extreme Fitness was no exception. Working here was more for experience rather than pay, because if I had to rely on this job for a living, I would have been homeless. Sure there were opportunities – more... to make "extra income" but the payout was almost non-existent.

I would say the hardest part of the job was sales. Big gyms do not make it affordable to "train with the Trainers", especially at a whopping average of $70-80 per session. Even a small package of working out for eight weeks, at two sessions per week, is easily over a grand. There was constant pressure to make sales, with very little incentive to do so, as the wage was fairly low considering how much work was expected to be done, even with commission.

Easily the best part of the job was working with the clients, because after a few sessions I really felt that I was a part of their life, and helping them to better themselves, and being reaffirmed when they told me so. – less
friendly and motivating atmosphere
Reception Manager (Former Employee), Whitby, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
Welcomed and assisted customers and clientele using effective social skills
Accurately recorded data and information on the network demonstrating integrity and ethical values
Provided information about the different exercise routines, timings, gym instructors, and schedules representing professionalism towards the company
Introduced membership options – more... to guest walk-ins with the ability to be flexible in supporting sales staff when called upon – less
Healthy and encouraging work environment with happy work force.
Promotion Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: close-knit environment, positivity, flexible hours
Cons: slight monotony
I would be required to attract potential customers to the office. I learned coercive and interpersonal skills. The management was polite and efficient. They were able to convey information and requirements without seeming intimidating. Everyone seemed like a family. My co-workers were easy to get along with. There were no rifts. At times, it would be – more... difficult to reach quota. We were treated well, though, and our concerns were listened to. – less
sales experience
Promotional Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 3, 2013
Extreme Fitness gave me the opportunity to learn how to approach potential clients in any environment. Because I worked there for quite a while, I got to develop different techniques when speaking to a potential client and people in general.
Fun Work Place
Membership Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2013
Working at Extreme Fitness is a very fun job. You get to meet many great people. People of different cultures, hobbies etc. I have been doing this job for two years and I love it. At Extreme Fitness I deal with membership sales. The review that I will give will be based on the job position that deals with "membership sales" at any gym. The job is great. – more... You get to go to many parties, the money is good if you are good. I have seen people come and go and the only ones who made it work for them are the ones that were patient, put in the work and came in with the right attitude. You begin to start living a very healthy life style too and you learn a lot of new things, however that is all your life becomes, and that is all you will know. – less
Fun, good people to work with.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Busy but relax atmosphere.
My co-workers are excellent.
Hardest part is during deadline completion.
The most enjoyable part is working with good people
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: free membership, other trainers that i could go to for advice, go to the management and ask them for advice as well, in the gym all the members are equal no matter who they are outside of the gym, being a personal trainer was a privilege for me
Cons: the pay that the gym gave the trainers wasn't very much
-I would go into work and make calls to clients that owned training sessions but haven't been to the gym in a while, so I would call them and try to get them to come back
-I learned that I really enjoy the whole aspect of the gym and that I am great at providing information to many of my clients
-The management at the gym was amazing to work with and – more... it made my days go by very smooth
-All the trainers that worked at Extreme Fitness were some of the best trainers in the business
-Because I walked with a cane at the time I found it to be a challenge to move fast throughout the gym
-the most enjoyable part for me was to be able to train myself in the evening once my clients were done in the amazing quality gym that I worked for – less
Productive and fun workplace
Membership Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: free workouts
Cons: long hours, disproportional pay, high pressure
The work was to prospect and call potential members to see if they were interested in touring the gym or trying a free workout. The job at it's core was selling gym memberships and there was a lot of focus on the final bottom line. The managers were good, helpful and motivating.
I learned a lot more about sales and how to negotiate with people.
My colleagues – more... were nice and friendly. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was getting new prospective members and selling them memberships. – less
good
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2012
Pros: workout!
Cons: nothing
Good place to work, deffinetly needs more hours! I am a manager here and I love my staff!
It was a very upbeat and fun place to work
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2012
I was a Monday to Friday manager so I would usually come in in the morning and leave around 6-8 pm every night. I learned so much especially working there for 4 years. Always kept a positive attitude kept high energy and learned to work well with many different type of personality's and cultures. Management was great I got along with everyone that I – more... worked with, I had a great experience with being moved around to different locations and management being moved around so I got to understand different ways of handling situations and quick changes.

Sometimes we would get after work rushes and that's when the multitasking and fast pace work would have to come in place. I really enjoyed it though, I have a very high energy level so I like to keep myself busy.

I had a great team that I enjoyed working with on a daily bases and also I had a great line up of clients that I would look forward to seeing when they came in to go for a quick workout.The staff were all fun young energetic people who all had fun but also professional and had great relationships. – less
in total 6 out of 10
Personal training Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2012
in total 6 out of 10 .just need to spend more time or maybe keep it as part time job
I learned a lot but it wasn't a long term job unfortunately
Miscellaneous (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVJuly 25, 2014
A typical day was just getting this gym together and ready for the owners. I learned more about flooring and painting and working with others. Management was good very good people. Good set of coworkers too. The hardest part was the days we were lifting heavy things all day long. The most enjoyable was working with friends.