Extreme Fitness Employee Review

View all Extreme Fitness reviews

Get Fit or Die Trying
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2013
As with any gym, working as a Personal Trainer is a tough business. It's a lot of unpaid work that needs to be done to ensure being successful. (The now non-existent) Extreme Fitness was no exception. Working here was more for experience rather than pay, because if I had to rely on this job for a living, I would have been homeless. Sure there were opportunities to make "extra income" but the payout was almost non-existent.

I would say the hardest part of the job was sales. Big gyms do not make it affordable to "train with the Trainers", especially at a whopping average of $70-80 per session. Even a small package of working out for eight weeks, at two sessions per week, is easily over a grand. There was constant pressure to make sales, with very little incentive to do so, as the wage was fairly low considering how much work was expected to be done, even with commission.

Easily the best part of the job was working with the clients, because after a few sessions I really felt that I was a part of their life, and helping them to better themselves, and being reaffirmed when they told me so.
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
Low wage, too much sales pressure, bad managerial skills

Other Extreme Fitness Employee Reviews

Great pay - no life balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON19 November 2017
As with most fitness club management positions the job tends to dominate your life regardless of the quality of the company. Extreme Fitness was no different.
Ef
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
This is a great place to work. Everyone is great work with, I was thankful for the job culture and it made life easier. I would reccomend anyone to work at this firm.