Extra Foods Employee Reviews in Canada

Fairly good place to work for
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BCMarch 14, 2016
There was no typical day, it depended upon which area they slotted you into for that day. Each area had it's own duties. I learned how to perform many duties, as a result I learned time management. My co-workers were some of the nicest people that I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was not being able to fit in tasks that I wanted to perform as time would not allow them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly people that I worked with.
cultivate job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 19, 2016
This is a job that made me to be a hardworking worker and made me be able to work under the high pressure and in the fast paced work environment. I got good experience about the customer service in the company but I also want to learn more in the larger company.
Pros
stable
Cons
long time
horrable experence
Deli Clerk, Salad Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCMay 23, 2016
it was the worst job that I ever work, management is horrible I had to call labor board multiple times due to wrong pay check for over three mouths. management dose not provide uniform,
Pros
benifits
Cons
worst job ever
good hours, kept you busy
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marathon, ONMarch 6, 2016
It has been a while since I been employed there but it was a fast paced job, always on your feet, some nice co workers. I learnt a lot about stocking and keeping produce fresh. I enjoyed crisping vegetables and making sure there is clean and fresh produce
Pros
good hours
Cons
some cruel co workers
Productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, ABMay 11, 2016
I quite enjoyed greeting all the customers that entered the store. It was also beneficial to learn about the general layout and workings of a grocery store.
Pros
Social environment
Great Job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Flin Flon, MBMay 30, 2016
I loved my time spent at Extra Foods, Great Advancement Opportunities, Great Work environment, Good hours and pay, Nice Steady Paced Environment
Pros
Good Hours and Pay, Advancement Opportunities
fun
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BCJuly 6, 2016
was not at tim hortons for to long but it was a different place to work lots of things to do and a lot of different people
it was a very fun place to learn new things
Pros
free lunch
Cons
non
My previous job at Extra Foods
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2016
My typical day at this, previous job at Extra Foods was not that bad. It was busier than usual and I learned a lot of tasks. Management has been changed and my co-workers before were great. The hardest part of the job is some of the harder products, which were challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is facing the easier products.
a fun first job
Grocery Department (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BCMarch 29, 2016
i enjoyed this job because it taught basic skills and showed an insight of what a work ethic was and meant. the coustomers and staff were always friendly and easy to get along with.
At the end of the day, Extra Foods gave me a taste of what the working environment was like.
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops B.COctober 11, 2015
Extra foods brought me into the working world and showed me how to deal with and guide customers to satisfaction.

It gave me the foundations to begin working and help show me an understanding of customer- first service.
Pros
Is a fantastic place to start working at, with positive employees to teach you.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Level, ABAugust 31, 2015
working with Extra Foods, crew was alright. worked full-time, just not as many hours. i had plenty of time to myself, i learned to use a cashier and handling paper work along with deli products on slow days. my co-workers were awesome. i worked well with customer service which was my best part of the job. making others smile and helping a hand. the hardest part was taking control of my job area since it was my first job. and the most enjoyable part of working with Extra Foods was getting along with other co-workers and seeing happy customers.
Cons
5/6hrs. a day
a good place to work when you are a high school student
Extra Foods CAO (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 22, 2015
They allowed me to take time off for studying for exams. They did not want me to leave them offering to give my a leave of absence rather than quitting the job
Pros
good excersie
Cons
lots of standing
it was a good learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  smithers BCSeptember 25, 2015
the day was simple to get started, I never had much problems. When I did have a problem a supervisor was there to help. All co-workers were very nice, and never caused a problem. my most enjoyable part o the job was making people feel welcome.
My primary skills are observtion and customer communication.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  SmithersJune 10, 2015
Hello,

My work experience at Extra Foods was primarily customer service, and till managing. I enjoy forming a personable connection with my customers and fellow employees. My job as a cashier was very basic and repetitive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers; however, I remained positive in creating a solution! I care deeply about my work environment, and will continue to look for opportunities within myself as well as the people around me.

-Tamika Cote
Pros
Great fellow employees and customers
Cons
Long hours on your feet/ very repetitive
what can i say
PRODUCE CLERK EXTRA FOODS (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABSeptember 7, 2015
good place to work wages needs improvement and the owner shouldt be one she is a big bit*h i wouldnt work for her again but the produce manager is great she helps and teaches like u should and i think she needs a raise
Typical grocery store
CAO Clerk (Former Employee) –  VancouverAugust 13, 2015
The job was menial as expected, but the people that I worked with were amazing. Even the customers were great. Some not so much. Flexible work days (my job required 7:00am minimum). Sadly, very much a dead end career; the job can sometimes be very mentally numbing.
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABSeptember 21, 2015
This is a job to help me get by and was a fun place to work. everyone was very friendly and nice and helped me to learn new skills. It was an enjoyable time.
fun, repetitive, busy at times, boring when its not
Cashier (Current Employee) –  SmithersMarch 27, 2015
It is very basic. I worked with great people but I personally didn't feel any self satisfaction. When its slow, ITS SLOW. When its busy, ITS BUSY. People would always call in sick and I would have to cover, but as soon as my hours got cut to 15/ week, my manager didn't have the guts to fire all those people who never showed up anyways.... political bs.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Long hours on your feet.
Very friendly and kind working environment.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 31, 2015
Flexible hours, great working environment, friendly staff, excellent management. Great place to work if you're looking for a job.
Productive workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 19, 2015
In Extra foods I always took long hours shifts. I learned to always make our customers happy. The management was fair I didn't have any problems with my supervisors, and the workplace it was really productive. The hardest part of my job was going out in cold weather and getting karts and the most enjoyable part was communicating with people the whole day.
Pros
paid breaks