Extra Foods Employee Reviews

horrable experence
Deli Clerk, Salad Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC23 May 2016
it was the worst job that I ever work, management is horrible I had to call labor board multiple times due to wrong pay check for over three mouths. management dose not provide uniform,
Pros
benifits
Cons
worst job ever
good workplace
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 September 2016
learned how to deal with customers and give excellent customer service.
management was good
friendly co workers that will work hard
enjoyable part of the job was doing my best and helping out customers
Productive, fun place to work with great people
General Merchandise Personnel (Former Employee) –  Sechelt, BC1 June 2016
Good place to work for a first job, very busy and keeps you on your toes. The people are great and also very flexible with hours. The management was good and gave good hours.
Pros
ocassionally free food
Great Job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Flin Flon, MB30 May 2016
I loved my time spent at Extra Foods, Great Advancement Opportunities, Great Work environment, Good hours and pay, Nice Steady Paced Environment
Pros
Good Hours and Pay, Advancement Opportunities
Good first job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC10 November 2016
Prepared produce to be displayed for customers at the grocery store. Always something to do to make the days go by quick. Staff are friendly with good attitudes.
Productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB11 May 2016
I quite enjoyed greeting all the customers that entered the store. It was also beneficial to learn about the general layout and workings of a grocery store.
Pros
Social environment
friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SK7 September 2016
Love working and meeting new ppl and smiling faces and dealing with everyday shoppera . And having employee discounts.
Pros
good work place
Cons
not enough hours
Fairly good place to work for
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC14 March 2016
There was no typical day, it depended upon which area they slotted you into for that day. Each area had it's own duties. I learned how to perform many duties, as a result I learned time management. My co-workers were some of the nicest people that I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was not being able to fit in tasks that I wanted to perform as time would not allow them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly people that I worked with.
what can i say
PRODUCE CLERK EXTRA FOODS (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB7 September 2015
good place to work wages needs improvement and the owner shouldt be one she is a big bit*h i wouldnt work for her again but the produce manager is great she helps and teaches like u should and i think she needs a raise
fun
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC6 July 2016
was not at tim hortons for to long but it was a different place to work lots of things to do and a lot of different people
it was a very fun place to learn new things
Pros
free lunch
Cons
non
cultivate job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 May 2016
This is a job that made me to be a hardworking worker and made me be able to work under the high pressure and in the fast paced work environment. I got good experience about the customer service in the company but I also want to learn more in the larger company.
Pros
stable
Cons
long time
My previous job at Extra Foods
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2016
My typical day at this, previous job at Extra Foods was not that bad. It was busier than usual and I learned a lot of tasks. Management has been changed and my co-workers before were great. The hardest part of the job is some of the harder products, which were challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is facing the easier products.
friendly co-workers and managment.
customer service,front end,cash office (Former Employee) –  surrey,bc8 April 2012
management are good to thier employees and customers.i learned different ways of store office details and different till system.my co-workers were friendly we all got along.
Cons
they way the raise system is now
a fun first job
Grocery Department (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC29 March 2016
i enjoyed this job because it taught basic skills and showed an insight of what a work ethic was and meant. the coustomers and staff were always friendly and easy to get along with.
good hours, kept you busy
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marathon, ON6 March 2016
It has been a while since I been employed there but it was a fast paced job, always on your feet, some nice co workers. I learnt a lot about stocking and keeping produce fresh. I enjoyed crisping vegetables and making sure there is clean and fresh produce
Pros
good hours
Cons
some cruel co workers
love it
deli/ backery clerk (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB2 August 2012
enjoyed working days always happy preparing foods and stocking shelfs making orders and throwing out old foods co worker were wonder miss them all i learned to be a team player and open the deli and backer alone at 6 am
Pros
got raises
Cons
had to move
co worker like a family. It's sad to see this store is going away.
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC14 March 2014
this store is going to close soon because of park royal mall's renovations. I 'm gonna miss all my customers and my co workers.
Pros
good benefits and wage.
Cons
all the equipment are so old.
My primary skills are observtion and customer communication.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smithers10 June 2015
Hello,

My work experience at Extra Foods was primarily customer service, and till managing. I enjoy forming a personable connection with my customers and fellow employees. My job as a cashier was very basic and repetitive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers; however, I remained positive in creating a solution! I care deeply about my work environment, and will continue to look for opportunities within myself as well as the people around me.

-Tamika Cote
Pros
Great fellow employees and customers
Cons
Long hours on your feet/ very repetitive
The management and I opened this store brand new and spent a lot of time building up our customer counts.
Produce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC15 October 2012
As produce and bulk food supervisor I worked usually at 6:00am every day and stayed until 4:00pm I also loved the variety of this job and worked with an assistant to make this new store a success. Freight came from Vancouver and was frequently late due to weather and road conditions. I loved to work with others and get to know the people in the community that we were in. Sorry to leave to follow my husbands career.
Pros
one of the best group of people to work with
Cons
long hours to build up customer loyalty
Productive workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 March 2015
In Extra foods I always took long hours shifts. I learned to always make our customers happy. The management was fair I didn't have any problems with my supervisors, and the workplace it was really productive. The hardest part of my job was going out in cold weather and getting karts and the most enjoyable part was communicating with people the whole day.
Pros
paid breaks