Extra Foods

Extra Foods Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Never again
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Edson, ABMarch 17, 2014
Pros: nice staff
Cons: management is terrible, they underpay, most don't last a week, very desperate
A hostile workplace where the managers are aggressive and the employees are the nicest and most accepting. You'll get hired as long as you don't have a criminal record More of a resume filler than a career. If you don't want to be screamed out the door then I suggest you try somewhere else.
co worker like a family. It's sad to see this store is going away.
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), West Vancouver, BCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits and wage.
Cons: all the equipment are so old.
this store is going to close soon because of park royal mall's renovations. I 'm gonna miss all my customers and my co workers.
Ok place to work
Deli Attendant (Former Employee), Dawson CreekFebruary 10, 2014
I worked at extra Foods only for 2 months and it was ok. Management wasn't very organized and the people I worked with were rude.
fun place to work
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Athabasca, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: the variety of the job
Take count of stock needed to put out on shelves, go to freezer to retrieve stock, put stock on shelves. Stock salad and olives, sandwich meat and cheeses. Place chickens in rotisserie oven to be cooked, I learned about date rotation The hardest part of the job was the lifting at times and being in a cold freezer. I enjoyed learning the different types – more... of cheese, sandwich meat and baked goods – less
mmmmm
Cashier (Former Employee), Olds, ABJanuary 13, 2014
If you like working with the elderly you will love it here. Awsome people to work with.
Boring job, nothing new ever happens.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Smithers, BCJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: close to my house
Cons: boring
Extra foods was probably the low point in my life. It was boring, repetitive. Never got to think for myself. The management was okay but nothing special. I felt brain dead working there. I didnt learn anything from working there.
Great first job
Garden Center Associate (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCDecember 1, 2013
Loved the management and work was fun. Co-workers were great. Awesome first job.
Unfair working environments
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Melfort, SKNovember 22, 2013
The management is great but alot of the employees dont respect one another.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: not having updated equipment
A typical day for me would be to come in and open the store before the employees showed up, place an order for the dairy department, print off receipts and orders slips, open doors for customers, unload the truck(this was usually done by hand bombing),placing an order for the store, stocking shelves, running tills, dealing with customer complaints.
As – more... I manager I learnt that having great people working for you and a positive look on things that you work even better as a team.
The hardest part of the job were the very long hours(12+) I always felt like I lived at the store.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my staff laugh and smile while they worked which the customers even noticed. – less
have enjoy my year and a half as a store administrator at Extra Foods.
Financial Administrator Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Geraldton ONSeptember 21, 2013
have had incredible staff to work with and bounce ideas off of
self training courses through their online learning center
have learnt many systems such as elvis, cal profs
knowledge of back door receiving
Fun workplace, awesome staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Comox, BCAugust 8, 2013
Pros: flexible with working around other schedules.
Typical day at work is fun, fast paced. I love the people I work with. Unfortunately not enough hours to keep me going.
Fun energetic small town cafe
GM - General Merchandise (Former Employee), Vanderhoof, BCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: one free meal, free drinks, great energy in the workplace, 3 breaks
Cons: boss constantly bullying me, had been called in because my boss was too hungover to work
A typical day at work looked like getting up early, driving down to the cafe, organizing the float for the till, start preparing the food stations for the day, clean and set the tables, and organize the menus. I learned a lot of communication skills, and money handling skills, and how to work individually. My manager was a little bit crazy, and closer – more... to the end, I found out she was not licensed to manage any business, and she was into drugs and would come drunk, high, or hungover to work. My co-workers and I got along really well, there was only a small group of us, so it was nice to have support from each of them, if you needed someone to take your shift, they would do it in a heartbeat. The hardest part of my job was trying to get along with my boss who would constantly bully me out of everyone else. I was a target to her, she would constantly put me down or withhold my paycheque. But overall, I enjoyed this job a lot because I got to meet and interact with a lot of people and even some tourists who came from out of the country. I love helping people out, and showing them a good time. I learned how to bake a variety of foods and some culinary skills. – less
Awesome
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJuly 7, 2013
I worked at Extra Foods for a short time only as a summer job. They were a very good company. Unfortunately, they were not very "life" orientated. I had to leave this job due to them not being schedule acquiring.
Fun workplace with friendly coworkers
Cashier/Cash Office Manager (Former Employee), Edson, ABJune 27, 2013
Any day at work is always fun and exciting. I love working with the customers and my fellow coworkers. My manager taught me a lot of valuable lessons that I can use for any future job.
Great place to start at, wonderful people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Trail, BCMay 15, 2013
This was such a fun place to work and it was where I got my real start. Being a cashier I got to meet new people and improve my interpersonal skills before I got into a larger work force. It was a fast paced job, which I enjoyed,and it was a perfect combination of independent work and teamwork.
My jobs at Extra Foods was ok
Salad bar clerk, Bakery Manager, Meat Manager (Former Employee), St. Paul, ABMay 9, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: to complete entire duties for a day ended up working through many breaks
My day at work as a salad bar clerk was make salads, sandwiches, help customers, put stock out on the floor that was needed.
My day as the Bakery Manager I came in turned the oven on pulled out the racks for backing, filled bread shelves and other stock. Make bread order, and at the end of the day made an order for other stock for cakes, etc. Cleaned – more... backing area turned off the oven and proof er, swepped floor, washed floor, wiped off counters
My day as the Meat Manager, I came in took not of what stock came in, pulled all meat that was needed to be pulled, marked down what needed to be marked down, put new meat stock out on the floor for sale after priced. Ordered meat daily. Put out frozen stock into the freezers to have freezers full. – less
Wonderful Experience in working with and meeting new people
Cashier (Former Employee), Steinbach, ManitobaApril 10, 2013
Pros: good benefit package and vacation time
Cons: no interaction with the community and no available in-house training for: self improvement, counselling and advancement within company.
Assisted customers by: informing customers of monthly in-house savings, giving clear verbal directions in finding new and old products located within the store and processing customer purchase transaction; in a efficient, fast, respectful and professional fashion.
Enjoyed being a team player and helping my fellow co-workers keep the store front end, – more... clean and tidy. As well as offering my co-workers help in packaging customer purchases and putting away parishibles and unwanted merchandise to their proper location. Properly disposing expired products,and letting my supervisor know. This would happen only during a slow periods of the day and when my till lane was not busy.
Frequently, accepted overtime and shifts when not scheduled to work.
Informed Head, Cashier Supervisor of any necessary important appointments well in advance of new work schedule, that my family or I needed to attend. Usually asking my superior for that time off and sometimes as a written request. Communication was good between co-workers and supervisors, there is always room for improvement, from all of us. – less
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee), Westlock ABApril 10, 2013
Pros: free lunch- birthdays etc
Cons: on my feet for long hours
when I started at extra foods in westlock I new a lot of what they needed already so I didn't have to train as much in the produce department. so I advanced quite fast and being as I was Assistant manager I had the hardest time keeping up with paper work but I enjoyed working with my co-workers. we got along great.
Extra Foods
Clerk & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Creston, BCApril 10, 2013
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: union
Extra Foods is a well run organization however there culture and beliefs are certainly not the best.
Over all not a bad company to work for.
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 3, 2013
Set up wharehouse, get ready for opening.I learned to become very organized.I had to be on top of everything going on . Guide ,teach,improve staff at all times.
The work load and all the duties i had to perform.
When i accomplished all tasks.

1 2 3