Extra Foods

Extra Foods Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg,ManitobaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: working every weekend
Extra foods is a good place to work, for someone who wants a slow pace jobs, and part time and if you want to work on weekends, then this job is for you!
Excellent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), CashierMarch 11, 2015
Pros: busy times
Cons: slow times
. work 4 hours per day, 5 days per week
. learned that I love working with people
. management there is excellent
. enjoyed working with all my co-workers
. no hard part, as you could always keep busy working
. being busy was the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun work place
Grocery Cashier (Former Employee), The Pas, MBMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free coffee, enjoyed the long hours
Got along with other cashiers very well, enjoyed greeting customers everyday. Very friendly workplace. Learned how to use the cashier quickly. Learned how bag groceries, learned how to be organized with money.
Ok place to work
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: pleasant co workers
Cons: not getting enough hours
Wish pay was better. Not that fun of a job, but co workers are pleasant to be around. Typical day is either stocking the dairy or going into aisle's and making them look nice. There is no hard part of the job, unless you count minimum wage. The most enjoyable part would be helping customers find what they want and know that they're satisfied. I've learned
Happy workplace with lots of smiles
Cashier (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 9, 2015
I was a cashier at Extra Foods, day to day routine was ringing people through the cash register, handling money and answering customers questions. I learned to work at a fast pace and to keep my cool under pressure. The management was very friendly and helpful when I first started. My co-workers were also friendly. The hardest part of this job was rush hour but after a while I got pretty good at handling it. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the customers, everyone was a different character
Best job i've had
Financial Administrator/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Geraldton, ONNovember 14, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day was walking through the doors into an incredible extended family.
Comfortable Work Atmosphere
Deli Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Smithers, BCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: try new products
Cons: often short-staffed, having a heavy workload
Kept relatively busy. I learned quite a bit on how to run the deli as I was the person in charge when the supervisor was away. I worked both opening and closing shifts and there was a difference in both. Day- made hmr and deli items for sale, put out stock, did paperwork, and helped customers when needed; so I kept busy. Night- did clean up (dishes, garbage, cleaned slicer/service case), and filled up or faced items that looked empty; wasn't as busy-more routine than day. I also mainly did the training for new employees and helped decide on who to hire. I enjoyed the people i worked with, the atmosphere was very friendly. The only issue I had was being short-staffed and having to do catch up on a lot of work that would need to be done.
Horrible.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaOctober 19, 2014
Pros: discounts on groceries
Cons: so many rude people.
When I worked there all of floor management were rude. Nobody treated you nicely. It was just horrible.
stock person
Part time stock clerk/cashier (Former Employee), wetaskiwin abSeptember 30, 2014
this is an ok place to work... wages and current supervisor could be b etter to their workers. no much room for advancement.. business went out of business
A cheerful and relaxed environment
Baker (Former Employee), Edson, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Volunteering at the public library was an interesting experience to say the least. A group of teens and I set out to the library every morning during the summer and got ready for the arrival of the children. During the day of planned activities and events, we would read and assist in their learning to read for a couple hours, spread apart, then set upon fun and interactive activities. There wasn't really any management positions, but there was a worker at the public library that helped plan the events and keep the group on the task at hand. My co-workers were young and lacking experience in jobs since we were all in middle school at the time, but we experience what a job could be like and how to handle different responsibilities. The most enjoyable experience during that summer was helping the younger people of the community to learn how to read and develop their learning capabilities.
great working environment with customers
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Merritt, BCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: was full time
Cons: minimum wage
Re-stock floor with produce. Cleaning and maintaining Floor. learned how to take care of fresh produce and improved my customer service. the hardest part of the job was telling customers we are out of stock. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and helping people while they are shopping.
Great , Fun , Amzing work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Stettler, ABJuly 26, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: long time on your feet.
My work place was a great place to work, your co workers were always friendly, had a smile on there face and everyone was always happy to go from work, I learned to use a cash register , some managing skills and how to close properly , Management was great, flexible with Times , hours and understanding when it comes to hospital trips. My Co workers were good to work with fun friendly people. The hardest part about my job. Was leaving. I had to move. saying goodbye was my hardest part. The most enjoyable part about the job , Going into work and seeing my boss, he was a good guy had a great personality to bring to work.
Enjoyable and valuable experience at Extra Foods
sale associate person (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCJuly 9, 2014
At first, I had to make sure everything from the day/shift before has been correctly done; then I had to do the tasks which were to be done that day like filling up candy shelves; and of course all of these tasks were to be done while doing my primary duty which was to scan each item at the checkouts. Also there used to be a "deal of the week" which we had to promote to each single customer. Having mentioned all the above, I also was responsible of customer service check out which had a totally different range of responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to communicate with both customers and my co-workers through which I developed many skills including team working. After 4 years experience of working at Extra Foods I learned how to set my goals and priorities in life aside from many other skills like multitasking and working under pressure. My managers and supervisors helped me to learn how to be more organized and responsible for the tasks that were assigned to me. The hardest part of my job was to stand on my feet for full shifts, at first; however, as I enjoyed communicating with customers and walking around the store to help them, I was able to overcome this challenge.
productive boring workplace
Customer service helper (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 5, 2014
I would usually re stock shelfs and help customers find the things they need.
Fun Friendly Workplace
Bakery (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 20, 2014
I Really Enjoyed Working With my Co-workers at the Time and I have learned to work well on my own, Co-workers have told me that I am a hard worker and I was in a work/studies program and she had hired me after one week of work. I believe I have worked there on that start date and end date.
NA
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJune 13, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
i THINK IT'S A GREAT WORK PLACE. bUT THERE IS SOME ROOM FOR IMPROVMENT.
fun place to work
Extra Foods Cashier (Former Employee), merritt bcJune 12, 2014
its a good place to work. great staff. a typical day would be busy very fast paced
Poor management,
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee), Dryden, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: overworked
Was a very poorly managed store. Lots of losses and high turnover of employees. Certain people could do whatever they pleased while others were forced to do all the work. The company doesn't seem so bad itself, just that specific one is not managed well.
A great place to work for Part time
Cashier/Cash Office (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 9, 2014
Pros: dealing with the customers
Cons: shift work
to run a till or to be in Cash Office.
how to bag groceries and team work
the management is very good help you get what you need to better yourself.
Fun workplace, very productive, friendly staff.
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee), Drumheller, ABMay 15, 2014
I loved working there. The co workers were amazing and everybody got along. There wasn't exactly one task everyone was assigned to and we all helped each other out when needed. The hardest part was dealing with cranky customers but you get that wherever you work. The management there was really good and listened to you if you had a problem with anything. As long as you did your work you were fine.

1 2 3 4