Extra Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very friendly and kind working environment.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 31, 2015
Flexible hours, great working environment, friendly staff, excellent management. Great place to work if you're looking for a job.
Typical grocery store
CAO Clerk (Former Employee), VancouverAugust 13, 2015
The job was menial as expected, but the people that I worked with were amazing. Even the customers were great. Some not so much. Flexible work days (my job required 7:00am minimum). Sadly, very much a dead end career; the job can sometimes be very mentally numbing.
Good For Part Time Job
Cashier (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Good Union, Hard Working
Cons: Strict uniform, unprofessional attitude
I was a cashier at Extra Foods, and I typical days work would include helping your customer purchase their groceries, bag their groceries and afterwards cleaning your till surrounding you. I learnt a lot about customer service at this job and how to deal with customers. I also learnt how to memorise certain codes and the importance of how to handle food, and customers. The management was good as they – more... pushed you to work really hard, but my one complaint is that sometimes certain supervisors would undermine you and make you feel little. I was lucky enough that I didn't have this problem and only certain co workers did. When I was at work I kept to myself and did what I was always asked or if I needed help, I knew it was okay to call out for help. The hardest part of the job was standing all day and having to deal with really unhappy or unpleasant customers, otherwise the job was a good job for a part time student like myself. The part I enjoyed the most, was meeting all these people and building my way up in the ladder while I was there. – less
Loved my job, but only left because I got divorced and needed a better paying job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 12, 2015
I loved this job because it was fast paced and gave me interaction with the public. The staff was great and I was sad when I needed to leave.
Extra Foods, Flin Flon MB
Receiver/stocker (Former Employee), Flin Flon, MBJuly 2, 2015
Pros: hrs
Cons: none
No longer in Business, Great place to work for, great shifts, left job for other employment, great co-workers and team work
My primary skills are observtion and customer communication.
Cashier (Former Employee), SmithersJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great fellow employees and customers
Cons: Long hours on your feet/ very repetitive
Hello,

My work experience at Extra Foods was primarily customer service, and till managing. I enjoy forming a personable connection with my customers and fellow employees. My job as a cashier was very basic and repetitive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers; however, I remained positive in creating a solution! I care deeply about my work environment, and will continue to look for opportunities within myself as well as the people around me.

-Tamika Cote
Awesome
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Fort McmurrayMay 11, 2015
Loved the people i worked with. Got to talk to new people and help customers everyday. We always had fun at work but kept it professional. It was a great environment to be in.
productive wprkplace
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 17, 2015
worked as a cashier on a till.
I've learned a lot about dealing with money and different costumers.
the most enjoyable part of job was satisfying the costumers and doing my job right.
Fun environment
PRODUCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Smithers, BCApril 13, 2015
The wages are low, but the experience is great. Working with customers is also a lot of fun, and the leaderships is quite effective for the most part.
Cashier Experiences
Cashier (Current Employee), Aldergrove, BCApril 6, 2015
Love getting to meet new people everyday, love helping customers out when they need a hand. I have excellent customer service skills and am i very calm person overall :)
fun, repetitive, busy at times, boring when its not
Cashier (Current Employee), SmithersMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good Co-workers
Cons: Long hours on your feet.
It is very basic. I worked with great people but I personally didn't feel any self satisfaction. When its slow, ITS SLOW. When its busy, ITS BUSY. People would always call in sick and I would have to cover, but as soon as my hours got cut to 15/ week, my manager didn't have the guts to fire all those people who never showed up anyways.... political bs.
Productive workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 19, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: long hours
In Extra foods I always took long hours shifts. I learned to always make our customers happy. The management was fair I didn't have any problems with my supervisors, and the workplace it was really productive. The hardest part of my job was going out in cold weather and getting karts and the most enjoyable part was communicating with people the whole day.
Good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg,ManitobaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: working every weekend
Extra foods is a good place to work, for someone who wants a slow pace jobs, and part time and if you want to work on weekends, then this job is for you!
Excellent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), CashierMarch 11, 2015
Pros: busy times
Cons: slow times
. work 4 hours per day, 5 days per week
. learned that I love working with people
. management there is excellent
. enjoyed working with all my co-workers
. no hard part, as you could always keep busy working
. being busy was the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun work place
Grocery Cashier (Former Employee), The Pas, MBMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free coffee, enjoyed the long hours
Got along with other cashiers very well, enjoyed greeting customers everyday. Very friendly workplace. Learned how to use the cashier quickly. Learned how bag groceries, learned how to be organized with money.
Ok place to work
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: pleasant co workers
Cons: not getting enough hours
Wish pay was better. Not that fun of a job, but co workers are pleasant to be around. Typical day is either stocking the dairy or going into aisle's and making them look nice. There is no hard part of the job, unless you count minimum wage. The most enjoyable part would be helping customers find what they want and know that they're satisfied. I've learned
Happy workplace with lots of smiles
Cashier (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 9, 2015
I was a cashier at Extra Foods, day to day routine was ringing people through the cash register, handling money and answering customers questions. I learned to work at a fast pace and to keep my cool under pressure. The management was very friendly and helpful when I first started. My co-workers were also friendly. The hardest part of this job was rush hour but after a while I got pretty good at handling it. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the customers, everyone was a different character
Best job i've had
Financial Administrator/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Geraldton, ONNovember 14, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day was walking through the doors into an incredible extended family.
Comfortable Work Atmosphere
Deli Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Smithers, BCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: try new products
Cons: often short-staffed, having a heavy workload
Kept relatively busy. I learned quite a bit on how to run the deli as I was the person in charge when the supervisor was away. I worked both opening and closing shifts and there was a difference in both. Day- made hmr and deli items for sale, put out stock, did paperwork, and helped customers when needed; so I kept busy. Night- did clean up (dishes, garbage, cleaned slicer/service case), and filled up or faced items that looked empty; wasn't as busy-more routine than day. I also mainly did the training for new employees and helped decide on who to hire. I enjoyed the people i worked with, the atmosphere was very friendly. The only issue I had was being short-staffed and having to do catch up on a lot of work that would need to be done.
Horrible.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaOctober 19, 2014
Pros: discounts on groceries
Cons: so many rude people.
When I worked there all of floor management were rude. Nobody treated you nicely. It was just horrible.