Extra Foods Employee Reviews

Fairly good place to work for
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BCMarch 14, 2016
There was no typical day, it depended upon which area they slotted you into for that day. Each area had it's own duties. I learned how to perform many duties, as a result I learned time management. My co-workers were some of the nicest people that I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was not being able to fit in tasks that I wanted to perform as time would not allow them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly people that I worked with.
what can i say
PRODUCE CLERK EXTRA FOODS (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABSeptember 7, 2015
good place to work wages needs improvement and the owner shouldt be one she is a big bit*h i wouldnt work for her again but the produce manager is great she helps and teaches like u should and i think she needs a raise
friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SKSeptember 7, 2016
Love working and meeting new ppl and smiling faces and dealing with everyday shoppera . And having employee discounts.
Pros
good work place
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, fun place to work with great people
General Merchandise Personnel (Former Employee) –  Sechelt, BCJune 1, 2016
Good place to work for a first job, very busy and keeps you on your toes. The people are great and also very flexible with hours. The management was good and gave good hours.
Pros
ocassionally free food
cultivate job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 19, 2016
This is a job that made me to be a hardworking worker and made me be able to work under the high pressure and in the fast paced work environment. I got good experience about the customer service in the company but I also want to learn more in the larger company.
Pros
stable
Cons
long time
fun
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BCJuly 6, 2016
was not at tim hortons for to long but it was a different place to work lots of things to do and a lot of different people
it was a very fun place to learn new things
Pros
free lunch
Cons
non
horrable experence
Deli Clerk, Salad Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCMay 23, 2016
it was the worst job that I ever work, management is horrible I had to call labor board multiple times due to wrong pay check for over three mouths. management dose not provide uniform,
Pros
benifits
Cons
worst job ever
Great Job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Flin Flon, MBMay 30, 2016
I loved my time spent at Extra Foods, Great Advancement Opportunities, Great Work environment, Good hours and pay, Nice Steady Paced Environment
Pros
Good Hours and Pay, Advancement Opportunities
Productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, ABMay 11, 2016
I quite enjoyed greeting all the customers that entered the store. It was also beneficial to learn about the general layout and workings of a grocery store.
Pros
Social environment
My previous job at Extra Foods
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2016
My typical day at this, previous job at Extra Foods was not that bad. It was busier than usual and I learned a lot of tasks. Management has been changed and my co-workers before were great. The hardest part of the job is some of the harder products, which were challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is facing the easier products.
good hours, kept you busy
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marathon, ONMarch 6, 2016
It has been a while since I been employed there but it was a fast paced job, always on your feet, some nice co workers. I learnt a lot about stocking and keeping produce fresh. I enjoyed crisping vegetables and making sure there is clean and fresh produce
Pros
good hours
Cons
some cruel co workers
a fun first job
Grocery Department (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BCMarch 29, 2016
i enjoyed this job because it taught basic skills and showed an insight of what a work ethic was and meant. the coustomers and staff were always friendly and easy to get along with.
friendly co-workers and managment.
customer service,front end,cash office (Former Employee) –  surrey,bcApril 8, 2012
management are good to thier employees and customers.i learned different ways of store office details and different till system.my co-workers were friendly we all got along.
Cons
they way the raise system is now
love it
deli/ backery clerk (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MBAugust 2, 2012
enjoyed working days always happy preparing foods and stocking shelfs making orders and throwing out old foods co worker were wonder miss them all i learned to be a team player and open the deli and backer alone at 6 am
Pros
got raises
Cons
had to move
My primary skills are observtion and customer communication.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  SmithersJune 10, 2015
Hello,

My work experience at Extra Foods was primarily customer service, and till managing. I enjoy forming a personable connection with my customers and fellow employees. My job as a cashier was very basic and repetitive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers; however, I remained positive in creating a solution! I care deeply about my work environment, and will continue to look for opportunities within myself as well as the people around me.

-Tamika Cote
Pros
Great fellow employees and customers
Cons
Long hours on your feet/ very repetitive
Good For Part Time Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2015
I was a cashier at Extra Foods, and I typical days work would include helping your customer purchase their groceries, bag their groceries and afterwards cleaning your till surrounding you. I learnt a lot about customer service at this job and how to deal with customers. I also learnt how to memorise certain codes and the importance of how to handle food, and customers. The management was good as they pushed you to work really hard, but my one complaint is that sometimes certain supervisors would undermine you and make you feel little. I was lucky enough that I didn't have this problem and only certain co workers did. When I was at work I kept to myself and did what I was always asked or if I needed help, I knew it was okay to call out for help. The hardest part of the job was standing all day and having to deal with really unhappy or unpleasant customers, otherwise the job was a good job for a part time student like myself. The part I enjoyed the most, was meeting all these people and building my way up in the ladder while I was there.
Pros
Good Union, Hard Working
Cons
Strict uniform, unprofessional attitude
Productive workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 19, 2015
In Extra foods I always took long hours shifts. I learned to always make our customers happy. The management was fair I didn't have any problems with my supervisors, and the workplace it was really productive. The hardest part of my job was going out in cold weather and getting karts and the most enjoyable part was communicating with people the whole day.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
co worker like a family. It's sad to see this store is going away.
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCMarch 14, 2014
this store is going to close soon because of park royal mall's renovations. I 'm gonna miss all my customers and my co workers.
Pros
good benefits and wage.
Cons
all the equipment are so old.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Level, ABAugust 31, 2015
working with Extra Foods, crew was alright. worked full-time, just not as many hours. i had plenty of time to myself, i learned to use a cashier and handling paper work along with deli products on slow days. my co-workers were awesome. i worked well with customer service which was my best part of the job. making others smile and helping a hand. the hardest part was taking control of my job area since it was my first job. and the most enjoyable part of working with Extra Foods was getting along with other co-workers and seeing happy customers.
Cons
5/6hrs. a day
At the end of the day, Extra Foods gave me a taste of what the working environment was like.
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops B.COctober 11, 2015
Extra foods brought me into the working world and showed me how to deal with and guide customers to satisfaction.

It gave me the foundations to begin working and help show me an understanding of customer- first service.
Pros
Is a fantastic place to start working at, with positive employees to teach you.