Extra Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a good place to work when you are a high school student
Extra Foods CAO (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 22, 2015
Pros: good excersie
Cons: lots of standing
They allowed me to take time off for studying for exams. They did not want me to leave them offering to give my a leave of absence rather than quitting the job
At the end of the day, Extra Foods gave me a taste of what the working environment was like.
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee), Kamloops B.COctober 11, 2015
Pros: Is a fantastic place to start working at, with positive employees to teach you.
Cons: None
Extra foods brought me into the working world and showed me how to deal with and guide customers to satisfaction.

It gave me the foundations to begin working and help show me an understanding of customer- first service.
it was a good learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), smithers BCSeptember 25, 2015
the day was simple to get started, I never had much problems. When I did have a problem a supervisor was there to help. All co-workers were very nice, and never caused a problem. my most enjoyable part o the job was making people feel welcome.
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABSeptember 21, 2015
This is a job to help me get by and was a fun place to work. everyone was very friendly and nice and helped me to learn new skills. It was an enjoyable time.
what can i say
PRODUCE CLERK EXTRA FOODS (Former Employee), Edson, ABSeptember 7, 2015
good place to work wages needs improvement and the owner shouldt be one she is a big bit*h i wouldnt work for her again but the produce manager is great she helps and teaches like u should and i think she needs a raise
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), High Level, ABAugust 31, 2015
Cons: 5/6hrs. a day
working with Extra Foods, crew was alright. worked full-time, just not as many hours. i had plenty of time to myself, i learned to use a cashier and handling paper work along with deli products on slow days. my co-workers were awesome. i worked well with customer service which was my best part of the job. making others smile and helping a hand. the hardest part was taking control of my job area since it was my first job. and the most enjoyable part of working with Extra Foods was getting along with other co-workers and seeing happy customers.
Very friendly and kind working environment.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 31, 2015
Flexible hours, great working environment, friendly staff, excellent management. Great place to work if you're looking for a job.
Typical grocery store
CAO Clerk (Former Employee), VancouverAugust 13, 2015
The job was menial as expected, but the people that I worked with were amazing. Even the customers were great. Some not so much. Flexible work days (my job required 7:00am minimum). Sadly, very much a dead end career; the job can sometimes be very mentally numbing.
Good For Part Time Job
Cashier (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Good Union, Hard Working
Cons: Strict uniform, unprofessional attitude
I was a cashier at Extra Foods, and I typical days work would include helping your customer purchase their groceries, bag their groceries and afterwards cleaning your till surrounding you. I learnt a lot about customer service at this job and how to deal with customers. I also learnt how to memorise certain codes and the importance of how to handle food, and customers. The management was good as they pushed you to work really hard, but my one complaint is that sometimes certain supervisors would undermine you and make you feel little. I was lucky enough that I didn't have this problem and only certain co workers did. When I was at work I kept to myself and did what I was always asked or if I needed help, I knew it was okay to call out for help. The hardest part of the job was standing all day and having to deal with really unhappy or unpleasant customers, otherwise the job was a good job for a part time student like myself. The part I enjoyed the most, was meeting all these people and building my way up in the ladder while I was there.
Loved my job, but only left because I got divorced and needed a better paying job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 12, 2015
I loved this job because it was fast paced and gave me interaction with the public. The staff was great and I was sad when I needed to leave.
Extra Foods, Flin Flon MB
Receiver/stocker (Former Employee), Flin Flon, MBJuly 2, 2015
Pros: hrs
Cons: none
No longer in Business, Great place to work for, great shifts, left job for other employment, great co-workers and team work
My primary skills are observtion and customer communication.
Cashier (Former Employee), SmithersJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great fellow employees and customers
Cons: Long hours on your feet/ very repetitive
Hello,

My work experience at Extra Foods was primarily customer service, and till managing. I enjoy forming a personable connection with my customers and fellow employees. My job as a cashier was very basic and repetitive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers; however, I remained positive in creating a solution! I care deeply about my work environment, and will continue to look for opportunities within myself as well as the people around me.

-Tamika Cote
Awesome
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Fort McmurrayMay 11, 2015
Loved the people i worked with. Got to talk to new people and help customers everyday. We always had fun at work but kept it professional. It was a great environment to be in.
productive wprkplace
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 17, 2015
worked as a cashier on a till.
I've learned a lot about dealing with money and different costumers.
the most enjoyable part of job was satisfying the costumers and doing my job right.
Fun environment
PRODUCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Smithers, BCApril 13, 2015
The wages are low, but the experience is great. Working with customers is also a lot of fun, and the leaderships is quite effective for the most part.
Cashier Experiences
Cashier (Current Employee), Aldergrove, BCApril 6, 2015
Love getting to meet new people everyday, love helping customers out when they need a hand. I have excellent customer service skills and am i very calm person overall :)
fun, repetitive, busy at times, boring when its not
Cashier (Current Employee), SmithersMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good Co-workers
Cons: Long hours on your feet.
It is very basic. I worked with great people but I personally didn't feel any self satisfaction. When its slow, ITS SLOW. When its busy, ITS BUSY. People would always call in sick and I would have to cover, but as soon as my hours got cut to 15/ week, my manager didn't have the guts to fire all those people who never showed up anyways.... political bs.
Productive workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 19, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: long hours
In Extra foods I always took long hours shifts. I learned to always make our customers happy. The management was fair I didn't have any problems with my supervisors, and the workplace it was really productive. The hardest part of my job was going out in cold weather and getting karts and the most enjoyable part was communicating with people the whole day.
Good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg,ManitobaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: working every weekend
Extra foods is a good place to work, for someone who wants a slow pace jobs, and part time and if you want to work on weekends, then this job is for you!
Excellent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), CashierMarch 11, 2015
Pros: busy times
Cons: slow times
. work 4 hours per day, 5 days per week
. learned that I love working with people
. management there is excellent
. enjoyed working with all my co-workers
. no hard part, as you could always keep busy working
. being busy was the most enjoyable part of the job