Extra Foods Employee Reviews

Very respectable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 September 2017
Extra food was my first job and the enviroment was always clean respectable, friendly people. Really was a great work enviroment for a first time job :)
great place to work, staff friendly, and got cake on birthdays.
Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nipawin, SK21 September 2017
I started every work day/morning like any other, same routine, but not the same if you get what i am getting at. Always something to do, Most of the time I get to the end of my shift and think "wow i just started and its already done"
Before i was employed at Extra Foods i had no experience in the production area. So therefore everything i had learned in the deli department was hands-on.
Working under management i can honestly say that they did not make me feel pressured.
Everyone was treated equal as employees.
The only hardest part i can think of was cleaning the rotisserie.
What i enjoyed most was getting the job done and knowing i done it.
Benefits
Cons
Rotisserie
Good workplace with good people to work with and good management.
cashier, and inside the cash office (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 September 2017
I really liked worked there,i just would like more hours and a change of work place. Management was very nice and friendly. Overall i really liked it.
Pros
free food upstairs
Cons
not enough hours
Just OK
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2017
Minimum-wage, bad hours (nights and weekends for most), no full-time. Basically an OK job for teenagers/those still in high school. Definitely not a place to set roots.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melfort, SK22 August 2017
Working there for almost 3 years, I sure enjoyed meeting new people from in and around the community of Melfort. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, a few of them I gained as friends after I left my job. It's nice being greeted with a smile and asked how life is going even after not working for over a year.
Grocery Store
Frontend cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2017
Working at the front checkout with all the customers scanning food got exhausting. there was many barcodes to remember that would change all the time and no mention of it.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Long days
great place to work
Cashier, Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardston, AB22 July 2017
I learned how to fill prescriptions and making specialty creams
I learned how to read doctor's writing
I learned how to handle upset customers
Enjoyed seeing their smiling faces especially when they feel better
Very few hours given, very isolated
Meat Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 July 2017
not many hours and very isolated being. could go a whole 4 hour shift without seeing or talking to anyone. Was able to work at my own speed but found when working with others it slowed me down.
Bad Leadership
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC11 July 2017
Supervisor had no idea what she's doing most of the time...she has taken on too much for her to handle. Involves herself in all the staff drama...she needs to become just an employee in my opinion.
a great learning experience
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SK4 July 2017
The work environment was great, i liked that everyone was professional.I learned a lot about produce while i worked at Extra Foods. I would work at any Loblaw again if i had a chance.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Not enough pay

Want to know more about Extra Foods?

Ask a question
easy to work for
DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB4 July 2017
Extra Foods/ no frills was a challenging grocery company but the management supported you and worked with you on your strenths and weaknesses Co workers were easy to work with and everyone worked together to reach a common goal
Pros
bonuses
Cons
limited staff
Price checks and number coded produce
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON26 June 2017
Normally it was pretty easy going, I scanned customers items. If there was a price check needed which there was lots of times I'd call the price check employee. Made sure the 2 for 10 items went in properly. The difficult thing was to actually remember all the produce items by number,like 4056 was apples. And there was 3 different codes for apples, there was gala apples and red apples etc.I learned if the item could not be scanned we would have to type the bar code number in one by one or find a similar priced item.
Pros
10% of things in the store
Cons
Lots of things were not priced correctly
Easy work
June 1st (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 June 2017
Was a good job when I was in highschool. Kept me busy. Part time of course. Pay wasn't the best and raises not good either. But work was reasonable. Good people, good environment.
worked in the back doing stock was fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB15 June 2017
Working at extra foods was very busy at time. Having to deal costumers and making sure all the stoke was on the shelves, but my boss that i worked under always made it fun to show up for your shift
Pros
no went home for dinner
Cons
short hours
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 May 2017
Worked as a cashier. Rang customers orders through the tills. Sometimes did price changes in other departments. Sometimes helped customers find items they were having trouble finding on their own.
Good Overall
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON21 April 2017
Was a decent position needed more hours however. Work was always nice to come into co workers were friendly and shift scehduling was done well. However still needed more hours
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Soul sucking, thankless work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC18 April 2017
Weak leadership skills, drunk managers driving to and from work and while on duty, in store theft, poor maintenence, hour cuts and unwillingness to help its employees proves loblaws leaves much to be desired in a work place. Oh also that and not giving employees their dues when coming up with ideas used nationwide. Thankless soul sucking company.
Pros
The customers were nice
Cons
Poor work place environment
An experience to remember
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 March 2017
A work atmosphere like no other. People are racist, bigoted and scum. Occasionally met nice employees, however majority do no show respect and appreciate hard work.
Pros
the people
Cons
the people
Nice group of people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 March 2017
good place to work, employees were treated fair, i would recommend this to someone wanted to enter or already in the retail industry. Many opportunities
n/a
Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB12 March 2017
loved the job just moved away and needed to start a new job. hated people being upset over nothing and them taking their bad day out on you. not very good money either.