Extra Foods Employee Reviews in Canada

horrable experence
Deli Clerk, Salad Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCMay 23, 2016
it was the worst job that I ever work, management is horrible I had to call labor board multiple times due to wrong pay check for over three mouths. management dose not provide uniform,
Pros
benifits
Cons
worst job ever
Productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, ABMay 11, 2016
I quite enjoyed greeting all the customers that entered the store. It was also beneficial to learn about the general layout and workings of a grocery store.
Pros
Social environment
a fun first job
Grocery Department (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BCMarch 29, 2016
i enjoyed this job because it taught basic skills and showed an insight of what a work ethic was and meant. the coustomers and staff were always friendly and easy to get along with.
Fairly good place to work for
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BCMarch 14, 2016
There was no typical day, it depended upon which area they slotted you into for that day. Each area had it's own duties. I learned how to perform many duties, as a result I learned time management. My co-workers were some of the nicest people that I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was not being able to fit in tasks that I wanted to perform as time would not allow them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly people that I worked with.
good hours, kept you busy
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marathon, ONMarch 6, 2016
It has been a while since I been employed there but it was a fast paced job, always on your feet, some nice co workers. I learnt a lot about stocking and keeping produce fresh. I enjoyed crisping vegetables and making sure there is clean and fresh produce
Pros
good hours
Cons
some cruel co workers
My previous job at Extra Foods
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2016
My typical day at this, previous job at Extra Foods was not that bad. It was busier than usual and I learned a lot of tasks. Management has been changed and my co-workers before were great. The hardest part of the job is some of the harder products, which were challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is facing the easier products.
a good place to work when you are a high school student
Extra Foods CAO (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 22, 2015
They allowed me to take time off for studying for exams. They did not want me to leave them offering to give my a leave of absence rather than quitting the job
Pros
good excersie
Cons
lots of standing
At the end of the day, Extra Foods gave me a taste of what the working environment was like.
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops B.COctober 11, 2015
Extra foods brought me into the working world and showed me how to deal with and guide customers to satisfaction.

It gave me the foundations to begin working and help show me an understanding of customer- first service.
Pros
Is a fantastic place to start working at, with positive employees to teach you.
Cons
it was a good learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  smithers BCSeptember 25, 2015
the day was simple to get started, I never had much problems. When I did have a problem a supervisor was there to help. All co-workers were very nice, and never caused a problem. my most enjoyable part o the job was making people feel welcome.
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABSeptember 21, 2015
This is a job to help me get by and was a fun place to work. everyone was very friendly and nice and helped me to learn new skills. It was an enjoyable time.
what can i say
PRODUCE CLERK EXTRA FOODS (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABSeptember 7, 2015
good place to work wages needs improvement and the owner shouldt be one she is a big bit*h i wouldnt work for her again but the produce manager is great she helps and teaches like u should and i think she needs a raise
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Level, ABAugust 31, 2015
working with Extra Foods, crew was alright. worked full-time, just not as many hours. i had plenty of time to myself, i learned to use a cashier and handling paper work along with deli products on slow days. my co-workers were awesome. i worked well with customer service which was my best part of the job. making others smile and helping a hand. the hardest part was taking control of my job area since it was my first job. and the most enjoyable part of working with Extra Foods was getting along with other co-workers and seeing happy customers.
Cons
5/6hrs. a day
Very friendly and kind working environment.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 31, 2015
Flexible hours, great working environment, friendly staff, excellent management. Great place to work if you're looking for a job.
Typical grocery store
CAO Clerk (Former Employee) –  VancouverAugust 13, 2015
The job was menial as expected, but the people that I worked with were amazing. Even the customers were great. Some not so much. Flexible work days (my job required 7:00am minimum). Sadly, very much a dead end career; the job can sometimes be very mentally numbing.
Good For Part Time Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2015
I was a cashier at Extra Foods, and I typical days work would include helping your customer purchase their groceries, bag their groceries and afterwards cleaning your till surrounding you. I learnt a lot about customer service at this job and how to deal with customers. I also learnt how to memorise certain codes and the importance of how to handle food, and customers. The management was good as they pushed you to work really hard, but my one complaint is that sometimes certain supervisors would undermine you and make you feel little. I was lucky enough that I didn't have this problem and only certain co workers did. When I was at work I kept to myself and did what I was always asked or if I needed help, I knew it was okay to call out for help. The hardest part of the job was standing all day and having to deal with really unhappy or unpleasant customers, otherwise the job was a good job for a part time student like myself. The part I enjoyed the most, was meeting all these people and building my way up in the ladder while I was there.
Pros
Good Union, Hard Working
Cons
Strict uniform, unprofessional attitude
Loved my job, but only left because I got divorced and needed a better paying job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 12, 2015
I loved this job because it was fast paced and gave me interaction with the public. The staff was great and I was sad when I needed to leave.
Extra Foods, Flin Flon MB
Receiver/stocker (Former Employee) –  Flin Flon, MBJuly 2, 2015
No longer in Business, Great place to work for, great shifts, left job for other employment, great co-workers and team work
Pros
hrs
Cons
My primary skills are observtion and customer communication.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  SmithersJune 10, 2015
Hello,

My work experience at Extra Foods was primarily customer service, and till managing. I enjoy forming a personable connection with my customers and fellow employees. My job as a cashier was very basic and repetitive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers; however, I remained positive in creating a solution! I care deeply about my work environment, and will continue to look for opportunities within myself as well as the people around me.

-Tamika Cote
Pros
Great fellow employees and customers
Cons
Long hours on your feet/ very repetitive
Awesome
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McmurrayMay 11, 2015
Loved the people i worked with. Got to talk to new people and help customers everyday. We always had fun at work but kept it professional. It was a great environment to be in.
productive wprkplace
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 17, 2015
worked as a cashier on a till.
I've learned a lot about dealing with money and different costumers.
the most enjoyable part of job was satisfying the costumers and doing my job right.