STAFF EDUCATOR (RN)
Part time 0.6 fte
Our newest location will open October 1, 2014 and we are seeking applicants to complete our staffing complement in this new Assisted Living
Community located in the vibrant rural Town of Olds, Alberta; located 40 minutes south of Red Deer. This employment opportunity for a Registered Nurse seeks a committed and enthusiastic RN professional who has the skills and interest to support the growth, education and development of staff in this facility. Position is part time, hours primarily days though hours of work flexibility is required to meet the needs of staff and the facility.
Staff Educator ensures that staff development and training needs are identified and met in the facility by planning, coordinating and implementing: orientation programs, in-service programs and staff development programs; presentation of educational programs of a general nature to all staff.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of care standards and objectives.
- In consultation with General Manager identifies staff training needs and plans programs to meet these needs. Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates the effectiveness of orientation programs for all new staff. Ensures follow through and support are available for new staff throughout the orientation period.
- Plans, coordinates implements and evaluates the effectiveness of yearly and monthly in-service / staff development programs for all staff.
- Promotes communication and team building within and between all departments. Keeps informed of new legislation, procedures and practices which may impact on the facility and staff development programs.
- Participates in the establishment of quality indicators and outcomes for service areas of responsibility
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner and maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Provide orientation training to all staff
- Provide supervision and direction to LPN’s and HCA’s
- Prepare monthly reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited RN program and currently registered with an active license and a member in good standing with CARNA.
- Post-secondary education in adult learning or previous experience in adult education an asset.
- Previous experience in a long term care setting desirable; knowledgeable in the principles and philosophy of Supportive Living including applicable legislation
- Ability to supervise and direct learning and work of learners.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and focus training action on what is best for the organization, staff and residents
- Ability to communicate with other staff, residents, families and the public.
- Computer knowledge essential
All successful applicants will require a current (within 3 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screening.
Apply in person or mail resume to Sunrise Encore 4905C 50 Ave Olds, AB T4H 1P8 or by email to address provided.
If you are a caring and sensitive RN professional, wishing to serve the seniors of this community, we are looking for you
to join our health care team.