Extendicare Health Services, Inc.

Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

One of my favorite jobs.
Head Cook, Early Aid, etc (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABOctober 6, 2012
Working for Extendicare was a great experience. A typical day at work consisted of cooking, cleaning & talking to the residents. All of my Co-Workers were delightful people & for the most part we're always helpful whenever anyone needed it. The hardest part of the job was getting close to certain residents & then having them pass, but I always did my best to brighten their days while they were still with us. To me, that was the most enjoyable part of the job, & feeling of fulfillment I got every time I was there; which is why it was so hard for me to leave.
Pros
it was right accross the street from my apartment. hourly wage & benifits were great. free breakfast, lunch & dinner. being surrounded by people that always knew how to make me smile.
Cons
being the youngest person working there, and sometimes the days would be extremely long & stressful.
It's a very happy place to work for we are a very good multidisciplinal team.
LPN (Current Employee) –  calgarySeptember 28, 2012
working with HCA, dietitian, PT/OT and activity aid to supply excellent care for our clients;
very good time management and critical thinking skills in work place;
There is always challenge part in every job which can be consdiered to be the hardest part of the job but will also be the most enjoyable part later on.
Pros
ice cream, free coffee
wasnt the greatest place
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Vulcan, ABSeptember 25, 2012
It was a nice place but the staff there are aweful. Its a small town and they are not they greatest staff in my eyes
Pros
carnival for the seniors
Cons
aweful staff
Worthwhile when working with seniors helping them with daily care needs.
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 10, 2012
It is a good place to work at. They assist the staff and make you feel a member of family. Staff get along for the residents benefit and some become life friends.
great workplace
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 1, 2012
great first psw job pay was good hours were great bosses were fabulous
Rewarding
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ONAugust 9, 2012
I would start a 7 am listen to report from the night shift R.N. Then with my partner we would work together to get the resident washed and dressed for breakfast, bring them to the dinning room, serve the meal , assist with feeding , clear the dishes , bath residents according to the bath schedule for that day, serve lunch, clean up, encourage residents to get involved in activities that were offered.
-I learned time management skills, working as team member.
-I had amazing co-workers, caring hard working and fun to work with.
-Not having as much time to spend with each resident as I would like, working short staffed a lot of the time
-Rewarding to see the changes we make in the residents lives, seeing them accomplish tasks they thought they could not do.
Pros
welcoming in environment, friendly staff
Cons
seeing residents health decline
good nursing experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2012
I learned alot from my preceptorship. Clients are well-taken care of.