Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Review

View all Extendicare Health Services, Inc. reviews

My experience at Extendicare
Cook and Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON10 December 2013
First off I would just like to say I enjoyed working for Extendicare. The people I worked with were great and got along very well. I didn't however learn many new things but grew stronger in skill as I went along. Example broadening my inventory and stock skills, higher communication skills, and how to execute good quality food on time and organized. I also worked as much as I could. Although I was full time I still took on the responsibility of staying overtime. The most enjoyable part of my experience working for Estendicare was the people I worked for (the residence) that lived there and I did what my passion is which is cooking.
Pros
cooking
Cons
getting attached to some of the residance and them passing away.

Other Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Staff is over worked and under paid. No appreciation or respect from management/staff.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON8 November 2017
There is not enough staff properly scheduled to be able to attend to and properly care for our residents needs. Extremely frustrating when you need help but there is not enough staff to get help from. Therefore you end up doing way too much work yourself and your body pays for it dearly. In my opinion, it is very frustrating to see that your residents deserve so much more then you're physically capable of providing, but the issue is never resolved due to not having more staff scheduled.
Management doesn't care about anyone but themselves
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Macleod, AB3 November 2017
Atrocious management. Always belittling nursing staff. Very cheap when it comes to new equipment. Non-approachable what so ever. Basically big bullies, not worth working here!
Pros
Staff and residents are lovely
Cons
Atrocious management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extendicare Health Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9