Express Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Worst Job I have ever had
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario16 July 2016
I have worked in retail management for over 15 years and the worst job I have ever had was with Express.

The regional manager for southern Ontario doesn't care about anything except sales and had bullied more than one team member to get them out of the door.

There was a reported incident of harassment and inappropriate comments reported to HR - reporting the regional manager and HR did nothing to help the sales associate and manager reporting the issue.

They pay management well, but you need to have a thick skin to stay with a company who doesn't care about your well-being.

Apply at your own risk.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible atmosphere
Productive and fun place to work in.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 May 2016
I get to organize everything in the store and make sure that the store is ready to be opened in the morning. I get to interact with customers on the needs and greet them in a friendly way. Assist them and suggest on anything they need and make sure they are provided with all the information they need to know. I love working with customers and making sure that they are happy when they leave the store. The management is good. They are open to any comments or any suggests/ problems that are in the store. There is no hard parts in this workplace. The enjoyable part is when I get to spent time with the customer and getting to help them out. At the same time, the associate I work with make me happy and we have fun working together.
Pros
I get lots of shifts since I do well.
Cons
less hours
Relaxing and easy place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2016
Nice Friendly place to work, very simple job. However if you do not preform at your best then your hours do get cut. Other then that management is friendly, coworker are really friendly they make you feel like your part of a team.
Yikes!
CO-MANAGER/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Southcentre Calgary19 August 2015
After bringing up harassment on at least 6-8 staff by management, I was treated soooo poorly the stress made me quit. 25 yr retail manager. Shame on express they don't follow the whistle blowers LAW. Nor protect their staff who became sexually harassed. Shame.
Cons
Management / Southcentre Mall
Salary??
Just a number (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2015
How in the Holy world if you're making $14/HR does overtime pay workout to $19.50/HR? Do you people not understand what time and half is? $14/HR x time and half = $21/HR. What kind of scam are you people trying to pull?
worst company ive ever worked for
mamagement (Former Employee) –  ontario25 December 2014
Worked in retail for over 15 years, by far, the worst company I've ever worked for. Stay away for your own sanity. Negative company, no appreciation, over worked, no communication. I could go on and on. Constant turn over, cannot hold on to Any level of employees.
Pros
Cons
the list is too long
very great company to work for
Part-time Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 July 2012
i love dealing with all the customers and helping them find exactly what they are looking for and make them feel good about their purchases
i love all the people i work with
fun filled environment
Pros
security
Cons
long night hours at time
worst placement i have ever had
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2014
I worked hard for these people in a factory and was just tossed a side when my time at this factory was done and there was no more help getting me other placements
Pros
was a quick way to start working
Cons
no future in the jobs they send u to get
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2013
a typical day at work would be to clean up the store, place the apparels neat and tidy, interact with the customers and make them feel comfortable, achieving targets, increase the sale..
Up and coming company in Canada
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2013
It is a great place to work with great people and fantastic products.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours
Id never recommend working here.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton13 July 2012
I have never felt so unappreciated at a job I worked so hard for before. To elaborate on all my low ratings here is what I put up with from this company. As for salary, typically a minimum wage job with higher than normal expectations. I was often required to work 9 hours without any breaks at all. Id work until 6 in the morning, for FREE just to make sure they got everything they need to get done on time...which was my choice but a simple " thank you" from the manager would have been appreciated. Worst management ive ever had to deal with by far. Complete lack of management skills when it comes to dealing with employees. Threatened my hours if I didnt stay late because that would show " i have no dedication to the company" ( meanwhile, I would stay late every shift, come in anytime of the day they wanted me to when I was not scheduled in for that day, and work for free) all while the manager herself would sit in the back on her blackberry the whole time and never once stayed late to help out stafff. The best part about this job, was the discount, and my co- workers. What I learned from this job is that I am a good hard worker and I deserve to be treated with a lot more respect.
Good to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 August 2013
very friendly
if have questions all the managers will try to help