Express Fashion Employee Reviews

productive , drama free work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 20, 2015
my work place comes alive at night , the customers are a blast to help, they're mostly tourist so as i'm helping them out i'm also getting to know a little about where they're from and the reason they're visiting Miami. i love working there.
Pros
seeing tourist everyday
not too great
Customer Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Holyoke MAAugust 11, 2015
Not the best place to work, the people are fine but the hours and pay aren't worth what you put up with. Unfortunately corporate doesn't seem to care too much about it's employees.
express
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 18, 2015
loved my job,great people to work with ,loved my manager and had a great relationship with majority of the people.I wouldnt mind going back
Pros
great money
Cons
high call volume
productive and a professional work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2015
overall I learn lots of selling skills and more great communication skills. Worked with great coworkers and had a great management team.
fashion place to work
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Every day that I went to work meet new people with new needs I learn that you need different types of strategies to sell, sometimes you need to help your co-workers teaching them what you learn for example how to use the register and how to open a new credit account and the correct way to interact and make the connection with customers, the hardest part of the job is when you have to be at two places at the same time for example in the mornings there was just three associates for three areas and if you were the closer to he register you must charge that person but ou had to make sure not to neglet your area, the enjoyable part of the job is when you saw a smile in the client.
Productive & fun working place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 17, 2015
* Friendly Staff
* Helping customer throughout the day
* Flexible schedule
* Discount is decent
* Great products
* Learn selling skills,
* Able to move up to be a manager
Very Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 12, 2015
Though 7.25 an hour isnt alot of money and I work at the outlet, i LOVE working here. This is the most enjoyable job ive had.
Pros
Great Enviorment
Cons
Not enough hours
Good work invironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 7, 2015
: I still work here as part time, I can never feel accomplished enough. The GM at this location is in love with my work pace. Any time I have free time I am welcome to clock in and get to work. I usually go in and clean up a huge back stock that has been building up from time I have not been working. Again, organizing and cleaning up, making everyone’s life easier!
I thought it was a fun work place, until I learned the truth how management treated the associates.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAJuly 12, 2014
When I was scheduled for the orientation meeting when I got hired, I met the store manager, I told her who I was and she said 'oh' as if she was dissapointed I was hired to be there.

Both store manager and assistant manager and one of the sales associate told me regarding my position that they never trained anyone to do that job and I had to learn on my own. I asked for help and they acted like they didn't want to show me.

Both store and assistant manager were bullying me.

I noticed other sales associates had quit because of the lack of direction and lack of knowing what to do for the store and their jobs. I then later put in my notice. I also heard they were treated poorly by management. I learned a day before my last week working there that I had to train a new employee. But, then, no one could train me? So, honestly, I didn't show up on my last week.

So, if those two managers are still working there, I'd advise anyone not to apply at that particular location. Nothing but bullies.
Pros
constant learning of loss prevention strategies
Cons
store manager & assistant manager didn't know what they were doing
fast paced fun environment
Co - Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 5, 2013
Customer service and sales focused. Opportunities to grow in operations, talent management, merchandise flow, and visual merchandising and marketing.
Pros
discount, great fashion
Cons
long hours, work holidays and weekends
Professional, Productive, Ethical, and Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 30, 2013
Express Fashion is an amazing retail job to work for. The work environment is very professional. The employees are amazing and very fun to work with. The job, itself, is very fun, learning about the new trends in fashion everyday, understanding the metrics of sells, and being able to communicate with customers on a daily bases. Working with Express, all of the employees learn to become a family and understand, cooperate with one another. The hardest part of the job is not being able to work with all of my co-workers at once because they are all amazing and great at what they do. Overall, Express was an amazing, productive, and extremely fun workplace.
Fun work environment with encouraging management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYAugust 9, 2012
A typical day at work was organizing the back room, putting new stock out on to the floor, and placing orders for what needed to be replaced in the store. Management was patient, kind and encouraging while being stern and creating a wonderful work environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the inconsistent hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positivity.
Pros
positivity, tasks, management
Cons
hours
no consistency in corporate directive and objective
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ILSeptember 4, 2012
Express has great quality fashion. I enjoyed the customers that appreciated the brand and the customers that were new to the brand. My co-workers were great to work with and enjoyed their sense of style. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the company's directions and the disconnect from corporate to the store level. The inconsistency with directions, objectives and standards made the day to day operations more difficult and unrealistic. There was no support and understanding from my supervisors. They managed through intimations and did not inspire the staff to always do better.
Pros
great fashion
Cons
no support from corporate

Comment – October 5, 2012

A company that promotes co- managers is a misguided one. Co-management has been the destruction of many including the Fall of the Roman Empire. management 101, one leader!

Fun and flexible workplace
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 2, 2013
- Assisting customers with finding merchandise, recommending additional merchandise, completing transactions (purchases, returns/exchanges, bill payments, credit card applications, online orders), maintaining store appearance and standards, meeting daily sale goals, customer satisfaction and assistance.
- Effective cashiering techniques, improved customer service skills, team-work.
- Management work hand-in-hand with associates, relate to employees on personal levels to build a bond as a team in order to achieve success as a whole. Management works with associates as for scheduling and time off, and any other discrepancies.
- Fellow associates are friendly and make the work environment enjoyable.
- The hardest part of the job would be trying to achieve customer satisfaction 100% of the time, as sometimes you are not always able to make every single customer happy.
- The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers to discover their needs and being able to help customers in order for them to leave happily with what they came in looking for and possibly more.
Pros
fun, upbeat environment with flexible scheduling.
Cons
fluctuating weekly hours depending on business
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2014
Over all a good work experience, I learned a lot about myself and about the company. Management was good, no complaints. It was such a good and balanced "work family." Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job, ironically, was also the customers. I've met and made plenty of people, made loyal customers come back for more and always had a fun time.
Absolutely Horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 16, 2012
What a joke. No consistency, managers work waay more than they should and have no work/life balance, expectations way to high with a HUGE decrease in traffic, completely unrealistic. Do not work here!
Pros
absolutely not one and i gave it a good 6 months!
Cons
everything.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 12, 2013
A typical day would consist of me assisting customers with their selections and purchases, working side by side with a great management team as well as wonderful sales associates. The hardest part of my job was trying to assist customers with the right selection of clothing.
Pros
wonderful customers as well as co-workers
Cons
short breaks, not enough staff during holiday season
Terrible store manager
sales assiociate (Former Employee) –  trumbull, connecticutFebruary 9, 2014
I was working here for a lil over a yr and at the beginning it was great, fun, it was tons of team work, the managers was phenomenal... the training was efficient... but their were changes... all new managers and everything went downhill.. people was quitting once a week, no days off then you'll have a week off .. the store manager talks to you and everyone else very rude... PLEASE DON'T WORK HERE hours sucks almost thru out the year except the holidays cuz its obvious. The pay is worst...
Pros
days off aways from the store manager, if she doesnt call you..
Cons
the store manager
Great company to work for starting out
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 24, 2014
Your experience will depend on your team. I've had a great experience so far for the most part. I work with a pretty amazing team. I would say the pay could be better for the workload and you can pretty much forget about your life when it comes to being in management. Hence, the reason why I wouldn't recommend retail.
Providing the best customer service possible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 17, 2012
A common day was spent maintaining the storefront and making sure that everyone who walked through the door had the best experience that we could give them. I learned a lot about what it means to put a lot of effort into the job and seeing the rewards from the hard work. I thought that the work environment was fun and that was because of the team that I was working with. There wasn't really one specifically hard part but floorsets could be challenging. I overall enjoyed everything about this job.