Express Fashion Employee Reviews

Terrible store manager
sales assiociate (Former Employee) –  trumbull, connecticutFebruary 9, 2014
I was working here for a lil over a yr and at the beginning it was great, fun, it was tons of team work, the managers was phenomenal... the training was efficient... but their were changes... all new managers and everything went downhill.. people was quitting once a week, no days off then you'll have a week off .. the store manager talks to you and everyone else very rude... PLEASE DON'T WORK HERE hours sucks almost thru out the year except the holidays cuz its obvious. The pay is worst...
Pros
days off aways from the store manager, if she doesnt call you..
Cons
the store manager
Team Work in the workplace
Stock Expert (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 6, 2014
Team work is very important in this job. I love the fact that even though everyone has their own specific jobs to do, we all find time to help each other and flex into other parts of the store if needed. I am a Stock Expert and during the holidays the sales team often help me get shipment done or take trash out. In my down times at work I work closely with the store's Visual Manager. Its like a workplace family. I love it
Pros
opportunity to travel to express stores throughout the usa
Cons
compensation
Professional, Productive, Ethical, and Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 30, 2013
Express Fashion is an amazing retail job to work for. The work environment is very professional. The employees are amazing and very fun to work with. The job, itself, is very fun, learning about the new trends in fashion everyday, understanding the metrics of sells, and being able to communicate with customers on a daily bases. Working with Express, all of the employees learn to become a family and understand, cooperate with one another. The hardest part of the job is not being able to work with all of my co-workers at once because they are all amazing and great at what they do. Overall, Express was an amazing, productive, and extremely fun workplace.
Productive, fashionable
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Destin, FloridaNovember 28, 2014
I loved working for Express, because we were encouraged to show our fashion sense. It was always fun with my coworkers and hardly ever a hard day at work. I was a sales leader and that is basically a manager on duty. I loved leading my team and making sure we were all working for the same goals.
Fashionable place for young trendy person to be and learn all about fashion.
Sales assoicate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville,TNNovember 27, 2011
Overall great place to work if you need a part time or second job. Just not a full time job. Everyone is cross trained too so you are not always stuck doing the same thing. Tasks rotate every few hours. Sales goals are made by the entire teas not each sales associate, which promotes team work. Fashion training is super fun and informative.
Pros
great discount, lots to keep you busy, very positive managment, low employee turn over.
Cons
low pay even with retail experience. low raises.
Providing the best customer service possible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 17, 2012
A common day was spent maintaining the storefront and making sure that everyone who walked through the door had the best experience that we could give them. I learned a lot about what it means to put a lot of effort into the job and seeing the rewards from the hard work. I thought that the work environment was fun and that was because of the team that I was working with. There wasn't really one specifically hard part but floorsets could be challenging. I overall enjoyed everything about this job.
Fun work environment with encouraging management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYAugust 9, 2012
A typical day at work was organizing the back room, putting new stock out on to the floor, and placing orders for what needed to be replaced in the store. Management was patient, kind and encouraging while being stern and creating a wonderful work environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the inconsistent hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positivity.
Pros
positivity, tasks, management
Cons
hours
no consistency in corporate directive and objective
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ILSeptember 4, 2012
Express has great quality fashion. I enjoyed the customers that appreciated the brand and the customers that were new to the brand. My co-workers were great to work with and enjoyed their sense of style. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the company's directions and the disconnect from corporate to the store level. The inconsistency with directions, objectives and standards made the day to day operations more difficult and unrealistic. There was no support and understanding from my supervisors. They managed through intimations and did not inspire the staff to always do better.
Pros
great fashion
Cons
no support from corporate
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2014
Over all a good work experience, I learned a lot about myself and about the company. Management was good, no complaints. It was such a good and balanced "work family." Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job, ironically, was also the customers. I've met and made plenty of people, made loyal customers come back for more and always had a fun time.
Learn ALOT, high standards, fun place to work!
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 31, 2013
I absolutely love working here! It was my first retail job but I learned so much and was able to advance and get promoted within about 2 years which is pretty fast compared to most places.
There are high standards to maintain while still having all your focus on delievering exceptional customer service but it is so beneficial to both your learning and the business.
I have made many strong friendships through working here and coworkers were fun. The management made it fun to come to work which is why I stayed and wanted to advance and grow with the company.
Pros
fun, good discount, extra 15% plus your discount once every quarter, quality clothes, learn alot, good benefits for full-time
Cons
low pay when you have keys and are responsible for opening/closing the store
Productive and fun work place
Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 12, 2013
A typical day would consist of me assisting customers with their selections and purchases, working side by side with a great management team as well as wonderful sales associates. The hardest part of my job was trying to assist customers with the right selection of clothing.
Pros
wonderful customers as well as co-workers
Cons
short breaks, not enough staff during holiday season
Great company to work for starting out
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 24, 2014
Your experience will depend on your team. I've had a great experience so far for the most part. I work with a pretty amazing team. I would say the pay could be better for the workload and you can pretty much forget about your life when it comes to being in management. Hence, the reason why I wouldn't recommend retail.
You're only as good as your sales numbers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 14, 2014
Poorly run company whose direction is all over the place. They care only about profit margins. It doesn't matter how much effort or care you put into your position, if you're not exceeding sales goals you are harassed until you quit.
Fun place to work for part time work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos MallJanuary 28, 2013
Great co workers and great managers. Very sales oriented. Great place to start learning the retail industry. Most of the employees have a positive attitude. Hardest part about the job was getting used to standing for a couple hours at a time. The most enjoyable part was working with a team. Sometimes everyone worked together to help get a sale.
An enjoyable place to work most of the time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 7, 2012
There was many different things to do while at work like folding clothes, dressing manequins, cashiering, fitting room, greeting customers at the door etc. I didn't really care for my co-workers too much because they were all kind of snotty.
Pros
interaction with customers and always something to do
Cons
snotty co-workers
Have to be productive and energetic
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2014
Very fast pace job. If you love fashion and helping people put an outfit together, then this is the perfect job.
Pros
you get to see first hand on the latest fashion pieces of the season.
Cons
overwork their employees with not enough pay.
Not the best but not the worst
Full-Time Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 13, 2015
A typical day involves doing the opening/closing routine, monitoring and working alongside associates to ensure task are completed quickly and efficiently.

I learned the different aspects of retail and how to run a business effectively and tracking fashion.

The management on an in-store level is fine. but the further go up the chain (store manager and up) they tend to care less about what goes on if it doesn't involve making the company more money and they are very hard to communicate and get in contact with.

Co-workers are very friendly and cooperative

hardest part of the job maintaining a full staff and some tasks have unrealistic deadlines, for example one week our company owner and his party were visiting the store so we had to prep for that and we were given one week to complete a floorset, inventory and inventory prep (which takes about a week for a store that size) on top of overnight maintenance and our typical daily tasks

most enjoyable part of the job was paid time off
Pros
employee discount
Cons
lack of structure, lack of communication, unrealistic deadlines
Absolutely Horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 16, 2012
What a joke. No consistency, managers work waay more than they should and have no work/life balance, expectations way to high with a HUGE decrease in traffic, completely unrealistic. Do not work here!
Pros
absolutely not one and i gave it a good 6 months!
Cons
everything.
Fun place to work with but employee turnover was too high
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 23, 2013
Worked in the mens department for Express fashion during college. Severely understaffed so I was always shifted to work the mens department on my own. Fun people to work with but too much employee turnover.
Express Fashion Seattle
Retail Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle WASeptember 12, 2013
I worked the front cash wrap and back in the stock room. I loved the people I worked with and found that everyone got along!
Pros
great people to work with and fun environment
Cons
bad hours and not enough pay, no heath insurance

2.8