Express Fashion

Express Fashion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
7 years with this company and never realized how much I hated until after I left
Store Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: great discounts, worked with and met great people, great care for customers
Cons: long hours, horrible communication, no support from supervisers
I worked for Express for 7 years and during this time I was promoted numerous times. I eventually became a store manager. I learned SO MUCH while I worked for this company, and I enjoyed it a great deal. I didn't realize how much I hated until I left. I worked in a challenging store with high shrink, an unusual customer demographic, and very challenging – more... sales goals. I worked typically 60 hours a week; being a salaried manager. I sometimes had to work 14 hour days, WITH NO BREAK. I "inherited" a lazy management team, that I had to turn, and I got very little support from my district manager. I typically went 3 months between visits from her, while there were 3 stores in my area that saw her bi-monthly. I spent a great deal of my retail career working for this company and I provided plenty of support for my team and my company, but got very little in return. This company will work you to death!!!! I left the brand about 4 years ago and I am still in the retail industry, and rarely work more than 40 hours, I always get my breaks, and my benefits are remarkable now. – less
Fun place to work for part time work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cerritos MallJanuary 28, 2013
Great co workers and great managers. Very sales oriented. Great place to start learning the retail industry. Most of the employees have a positive attitude. Hardest part about the job was getting used to standing for a couple hours at a time. The most enjoyable part was working with a team. Sometimes everyone worked together to help get a sale.
assistant training mgr
assistant training mgr (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2013
training others to become store and assistant mangers, open and closing the store, cash accounts, unloading trucks, customer service

everything

alright

got alone great

nothing

employees and customers
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Lithonia, GANovember 6, 2012
This job was awesome. I enjoyed working at a fast but steady pace and the customers were very friendly.
Absolutely Horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee), Las VegasOctober 16, 2012
Pros: absolutely not one and i gave it a good 6 months!
Cons: everything.
What a joke. No consistency, managers work waay more than they should and have no work/life balance, expectations way to high with a HUGE decrease in traffic, completely unrealistic. Do not work here!
Progressive Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville/Chattanooga, TNSeptember 26, 2012
Head Cashier
Assisted in Floor Set/Plans
Sales Associate
Top Credit Performer
Fun Environment
no consistency in corporate directive and objective
Store Manager (Former Employee), ILSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: great fashion
Cons: no support from corporate
Express has great quality fashion. I enjoyed the customers that appreciated the brand and the customers that were new to the brand. My co-workers were great to work with and enjoyed their sense of style. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the company's directions and the disconnect from corporate to the store level. The inconsistency – more... with directions, objectives and standards made the day to day operations more difficult and unrealistic. There was no support and understanding from my supervisors. They managed through intimations and did not inspire the staff to always do better. – less

– October 5, 2012

A company that promotes co- managers is a misguided one. Co-management has been the destruction of many including the Fall of the Roman Empire. management 101, one leader!

Fun work environment with encouraging management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Blasdell, NYAugust 9, 2012
Pros: positivity, tasks, management
Cons: hours
A typical day at work was organizing the back room, putting new stock out on to the floor, and placing orders for what needed to be replaced in the store. Management was patient, kind and encouraging while being stern and creating a wonderful work environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the inconsistent hours. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was the positivity. – less
An enjoyable place to work most of the time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, CTAugust 7, 2012
Pros: interaction with customers and always something to do
Cons: snotty co-workers
There was many different things to do while at work like folding clothes, dressing manequins, cashiering, fitting room, greeting customers at the door etc. I didn't really care for my co-workers too much because they were all kind of snotty.
Learning to work on your feet
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 30, 2012
This job require a lot of standing. It is also a lot of self motivate work. You should have a passion for the brand, or you will not enjoy the work.
Providing the best customer service possible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Noblesville, INJuly 17, 2012
A common day was spent maintaining the storefront and making sure that everyone who walked through the door had the best experience that we could give them. I learned a lot about what it means to put a lot of effort into the job and seeing the rewards from the hard work. I thought that the work environment was fun and that was because of the team that – more... I was working with. There wasn't really one specifically hard part but floorsets could be challenging. I overall enjoyed everything about this job. – less
Great get through college job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJune 20, 2012
The environment was great and the discounts were great. The only thing I did not like about working at Express was having a quota for Credit Cards.

– April 3, 2013

That is the downfall to all merchandise jobs now. Every store you go to, they all try to 'give' or 'sell' you some sort of rewards card. It's annoying.

Fun place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJune 20, 2012
Pros: discount was cool
Cons: short breaks and always coming out of work so late in the night
very high end busy place to work
co-workers were so much fun and involved
Fashionable place for young trendy person to be and learn all about fashion.
Sales assoicate (Former Employee), Knoxville,TNNovember 27, 2011
Pros: great discount, lots to keep you busy, very positive managment, low employee turn over.
Cons: low pay even with retail experience. low raises.
Overall great place to work if you need a part time or second job. Just not a full time job. Everyone is cross trained too so you are not always stuck doing the same thing. Tasks rotate every few hours. Sales goals are made by the entire teas not each sales associate, which promotes team work. Fashion training is super fun and informative.