Express Fashion Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced retail work environment
Sales/Stock Expert (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MODecember 11, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Pay/Hours No advancement
If you already have a job and need a second, you are in high school/college or you simply need seasonal employment then Express Clothing may be a fit for you. If you are looking for a full time job, this will NOT be a fit for you. Hours and times of your shift are NEVER consistent. Pay is minimum wage but at times is tolerable because of the discount. If you work 6 hours or more you get a break so management tries to schedule everyone for 5 hour shifts or less. With 5 managers (Store manager, assistant manager, part time manager, hiring manager/key holder, visual/floor set key holder), you may be shown how to do something 5 different ways and each manager will tell you that whomever told you to do it that way is wrong. You may be assigned multiple tasks at once and you must drop anything you are doing to initiate the GUEST selling model when a customer enters the store. The GUEST selling model (greet, uncover needs, engage, suggest, thank) is annoying to some customers but it's still required. You MUST repeat promotions/sales to EVERY customer that walks in. Working here you are made to build a rapport with customers but in return you feel like a robot repeating yourself. On good selling days, this is a high energy place. Time actually flies by. On slow days it's SLLLLOOOOW and you may get your shift cut.
Not a company you want to build with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Discounts on clothes
Cons: Long hours. Not many breaks
Good to work if your still high school part time

Typical day consist of helping customers
Selling credit cards
Folding clothes
Cleaning up
Walking around the floor telling customers the daily promotion
Different perspectives change the atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 10, 2015
Typical day at work starts with opening registers and taking the deposit to the bank. Check shipment in, do an audit count on boxes, sort merchandise, complete morning paperwork. Help run door to floor. Greet customers, uncover their needs, engage with customers, suggest items to customers, and thank them for coming into our store. My management experience came to me after being at the company for at least a year and comes with delegating tasks to associates and earning their respect especially after entering management so quickly. My coworkers are great people and the associates do their jobs without even asking. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. Our return/exchange policy can be difficult to understand at times and sometimes there are customers that are confused or frustrated with the policy. I have to stay calm, try my best to simplify our policy so the customer has an understanding, and do my best to help the customer as much as possible so they walk out of the store feeling somewhat better than coming in. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you help a customer through a difficult situation and they are thanking you profusely for doing everything you could.
not too great
Customer Sales Lead (Current Employee), Holyoke MAAugust 11, 2015
Not the best place to work, the people are fine but the hours and pay aren't worth what you put up with. Unfortunately corporate doesn't seem to care too much about it's employees.
Typical, minimum wage job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WaAugust 4, 2015
Minimum wage mall job. Don't expect great work culture, or many advancement opportunities. Mostly staffed by high school kids or recent graduates; maturity levels vary. Management is alright.
productive , drama free work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: seeing tourist everyday
Cons: none
my work place comes alive at night , the customers are a blast to help, they're mostly tourist so as i'm helping them out i'm also getting to know a little about where they're from and the reason they're visiting Miami. i love working there.
express
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJuly 18, 2015
Pros: great money
Cons: high call volume
loved my job,great people to work with ,loved my manager and had a great relationship with majority of the people.I wouldnt mind going back
Productive & fun working place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pearland, TXJune 17, 2015
* Friendly Staff
* Helping customer throughout the day
* Flexible schedule
* Discount is decent
* Great products
* Learn selling skills,
* Able to move up to be a manager
Very Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great Enviorment
Cons: Not enough hours
Though 7.25 an hour isnt alot of money and I work at the outlet, i LOVE working here. This is the most enjoyable job ive had.
productive and a professional work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2015
overall I learn lots of selling skills and more great communication skills. Worked with great coworkers and had a great management team.
High pace, high energy company
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great discount (40%), most of the employees are super friendly
Cons: long hours, nights, weekends and holidays
Everyday is different at express. Most of the time is spent on the sales floor working with customers no matter what position you are in, so you must like people to enjoy this job. There is a large amount of trust that is places in each sales associate to ensure that customers are well taken care of.

I loved the atmosphere, it allowed for my personality to really come through no matter the situation and it was encouraged. Ultimately it comes down to having a good store manager and district manager as to what your experience is like and thankfully the individuals i worked under were incredibly supportive and understanding.

The biggest reason I left was the schedule, which is how retail is as opposed to something that is exclusive with Express. I wanted to be off on nights and weekends and with a retail job it's impossible to expect those hours. If I could work this job Monday thru Friday, 8-5 I would be back in a heartbeat.
Good work invironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Odessa, TXApril 7, 2015
: I still work here as part time, I can never feel accomplished enough. The GM at this location is in love with my work pace. Any time I have free time I am welcome to clock in and get to work. I usually go in and clean up a huge back stock that has been building up from time I have not been working. Again, organizing and cleaning up, making everyone’s life easier!
Not the best but not the worst
Full-Time Sales Lead (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: lack of structure, lack of communication, unrealistic deadlines
A typical day involves doing the opening/closing routine, monitoring and working alongside associates to ensure task are completed quickly and efficiently.

I learned the different aspects of retail and how to run a business effectively and tracking fashion.

The management on an in-store level is fine. but the further go up the chain (store manager and up) they tend to care less about what goes on if it doesn't involve making the company more money and they are very hard to communicate and get in contact with.

Co-workers are very friendly and cooperative

hardest part of the job maintaining a full staff and some tasks have unrealistic deadlines, for example one week our company owner and his party were visiting the store so we had to prep for that and we were given one week to complete a floorset, inventory and inventory prep (which takes about a week for a store that size) on top of overnight maintenance and our typical daily tasks

most enjoyable part of the job was paid time off
Great company
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Great company that gives recognition to employees. Lots of perks and benefits!
fashion place to work
Sales representative (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Every day that I went to work meet new people with new needs I learn that you need different types of strategies to sell, sometimes you need to help your co-workers teaching them what you learn for example how to use the register and how to open a new credit account and the correct way to interact and make the connection with customers, the hardest part of the job is when you have to be at two places at the same time for example in the mornings there was just three associates for three areas and if you were the closer to he register you must charge that person but ou had to make sure not to neglet your area, the enjoyable part of the job is when you saw a smile in the client.
You're only as good as your sales numbers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), MassachusettsDecember 14, 2014
Poorly run company whose direction is all over the place. They care only about profit margins. It doesn't matter how much effort or care you put into your position, if you're not exceeding sales goals you are harassed until you quit.
Have to be productive and energetic
Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: you get to see first hand on the latest fashion pieces of the season.
Cons: overwork their employees with not enough pay.
Very fast pace job. If you love fashion and helping people put an outfit together, then this is the perfect job.
Productive, fashionable
Sales Leader (Former Employee), Destin, FloridaNovember 28, 2014
I loved working for Express, because we were encouraged to show our fashion sense. It was always fun with my coworkers and hardly ever a hard day at work. I was a sales leader and that is basically a manager on duty. I loved leading my team and making sure we were all working for the same goals.
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate/Merchandise Processing (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 1, 2014
I loved working here, great staff/management. Valuable skills gained.
part time job
Manager (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Tigard, OROctober 23, 2014
it was okay for a first job, wasnt so happy how the managers would treat others