Express Fashion Employee Reviews

n/a
Sales Associate and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL17 August 2016
If retail is what you love then by all means go for it. The company itself I love, I own almost every piece of Express, but the store not so much. As one of the Sales Leaders (Assistant Manager) my numbers were good but never was appreciated for my good work only told what I needed to do.
No Better Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OH26 November 2016
They are amazing and everything about them is quality. There has never been a bad day since I've worked there. If the pay wasn't minimal. I would never consider leaving.
Pros
Potlucks, Associate Appreciation
Cons
Nothing at all
Warm and bright store with loveable fashion
Sales Associate, Cashier, Shipment (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MD4 March 2016
Unbox and process shipment while occasionally helping and assisting customers on sales floor or cash wrap.
Management is friendly and very understanding. They are welcoming and always put customers first. Some co-workers are more hard working than others, but they all do the job with a smile.
Hardest part is dealing with negative, in a rush customers who make it difficult on associates to help them with what they need. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping that one customer who needs a specific outfit or clothing for an interview or wedding and they tell you everything they like and don't like. it makes it easier for associates to find items based off the customers' needs.
Pros
Meet new people daily
Cons
Hour cuts during specific times of year
Very fun place to work at..great environment.
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Texas25 March 2016
I learned a lot with that company. I just started as a sales associate and quickly worked my way up to co manager. The opportunities to advance are there for anyone willing to push themselves for it.
Pros
Excellent Discount, Benefits, People.
Cons
Retail Life, Sacrifice Time With Family Sometimes.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL1 March 2016
typical work day at express is cleaning and putting out merchandise to fill the floor to make sure that the store was filled with everything that need to be filled. It was just a job that I enjoyed working with some of my managers.
Great place to work and learn about sales
Full Time Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA20 February 2016
Love working for this company. They are sales driven, care about their customers and employees, and they truly love what they do for a living. Overall a great place to work.
Pretty cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY5 February 2016
Your experience depends on the people around you. If the people are great you'll enjoy it, if not, you'll hate it. I loved the first location I worked at. The second, not so much.
Not a company you want to build with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ11 November 2015
Good to work if your still high school part time

Typical day consist of helping customers
Selling credit cards
Folding clothes
Cleaning up
Walking around the floor telling customers the daily promotion
Pros
Discounts on clothes
Cons
Long hours. Not many breaks
productive , drama free work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL20 July 2015
my work place comes alive at night , the customers are a blast to help, they're mostly tourist so as i'm helping them out i'm also getting to know a little about where they're from and the reason they're visiting Miami. i love working there.
Pros
seeing tourist everyday
Good work invironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TX7 April 2015
: I still work here as part time, I can never feel accomplished enough. The GM at this location is in love with my work pace. Any time I have free time I am welcome to clock in and get to work. I usually go in and clean up a huge back stock that has been building up from time I have not been working. Again, organizing and cleaning up, making everyone’s life easier!
fashion place to work
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX27 January 2015
Every day that I went to work meet new people with new needs I learn that you need different types of strategies to sell, sometimes you need to help your co-workers teaching them what you learn for example how to use the register and how to open a new credit account and the correct way to interact and make the connection with customers, the hardest part of the job is when you have to be at two places at the same time for example in the mornings there was just three associates for three areas and if you were the closer to he register you must charge that person but ou had to make sure not to neglet your area, the enjoyable part of the job is when you saw a smile in the client.
Amazing management and coworkers. Tough retail environment
Full Time Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FL13 September 2014
Being the sales lead of the store I was very well liked by management, coworkers, and subordinates. I enjoyed this job mostly due to the benefits of buying a good brand of clothing at a discount. I had to meet many sales goals throughout the day. Most days we did very well under my management. Slower days were harder to meet goals. With a lot of responsibility in the store, I was not paid enough and had to move on.
Pros
Discounts on clothing, great management and employees
Cons
Did not pay enough and was not willing to pay higher
History of poor DM communication & disorganization
Co-manager (Former Employee) –  NY6 May 2014
I worked for Express years ago and my experience as a co-manager sounds similar to the reviews here.
Our DM rarely came to the store! He knew things were not right i.e. the SM was so in love with the brother of a sales associate that she allowed him (the associate) to do anything he wanted to which included stealing money, merchandise and time.
It was a crazy experience but LP did their job & investigated. They fired all of our associates for theft but one. We were left with no one to work!
Eventually they fired the SM and finally the DM but I'd quit by then. It was such an unprofessional environment and it went on unchecked for too long.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no direction/communication
Typical, minimum wage job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, Wa4 August 2015
Minimum wage mall job. Don't expect great work culture, or many advancement opportunities. Mostly staffed by high school kids or recent graduates; maturity levels vary. Management is alright.
Terrible store manager
sales assiociate (Former Employee) –  trumbull, connecticut9 February 2014
I was working here for a lil over a yr and at the beginning it was great, fun, it was tons of team work, the managers was phenomenal... the training was efficient... but their were changes... all new managers and everything went downhill.. people was quitting once a week, no days off then you'll have a week off .. the store manager talks to you and everyone else very rude... PLEASE DON'T WORK HERE hours sucks almost thru out the year except the holidays cuz its obvious. The pay is worst...
Pros
days off aways from the store manager, if she doesnt call you..
Cons
THE STORE MANAGER
Team Work in the workplace
Stock Expert (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI6 February 2014
Team work is very important in this job. I love the fact that even though everyone has their own specific jobs to do, we all find time to help each other and flex into other parts of the store if needed. I am a Stock Expert and during the holidays the sales team often help me get shipment done or take trash out. In my down times at work I work closely with the store's Visual Manager. Its like a workplace family. I love it
Pros
Opportunity to travel to Express stores throughout the USA
Cons
Compensation
Professional, Productive, Ethical, and Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO30 December 2013
Express Fashion is an amazing retail job to work for. The work environment is very professional. The employees are amazing and very fun to work with. The job, itself, is very fun, learning about the new trends in fashion everyday, understanding the metrics of sells, and being able to communicate with customers on a daily bases. Working with Express, all of the employees learn to become a family and understand, cooperate with one another. The hardest part of the job is not being able to work with all of my co-workers at once because they are all amazing and great at what they do. Overall, Express was an amazing, productive, and extremely fun workplace.
Fashionable place for young trendy person to be and learn all about fashion.
Sales assoicate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville,TN27 November 2011
Overall great place to work if you need a part time or second job. Just not a full time job. Everyone is cross trained too so you are not always stuck doing the same thing. Tasks rotate every few hours. Sales goals are made by the entire teas not each sales associate, which promotes team work. Fashion training is super fun and informative.
Pros
great discount, lots to keep you busy, very positive managment, low employee turn over.
Cons
low pay even with retail experience. low raises.
Providing the best customer service possible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, IN17 July 2012
A common day was spent maintaining the storefront and making sure that everyone who walked through the door had the best experience that we could give them. I learned a lot about what it means to put a lot of effort into the job and seeing the rewards from the hard work. I thought that the work environment was fun and that was because of the team that I was working with. There wasn't really one specifically hard part but floorsets could be challenging. I overall enjoyed everything about this job.
Fun work environment with encouraging management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NY9 August 2012
A typical day at work was organizing the back room, putting new stock out on to the floor, and placing orders for what needed to be replaced in the store. Management was patient, kind and encouraging while being stern and creating a wonderful work environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the inconsistent hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positivity.
Pros
positivity, tasks, management
Cons
hours

2.9