Express Fashion

Express Fashion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 26, 2014
My experience with Express Fashion was fun and easy although I only worked seasonal I they gave me my first chance to work in retail. The managers are the best and make your working experience enjoyable.
Terrible store manager
sales assiociate (Former Employee), trumbull, connecticutFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: days off aways from the store manager, if she doesnt call you..
Cons: the store manager
I was working here for a lil over a yr and at the beginning it was great, fun, it was tons of team work, the managers was phenomenal... the training was efficient... but their were changes... all new managers and everything went downhill.. people was quitting once a week, no days off then you'll have a week off .. the store manager talks to you and – more... everyone else very rude... PLEASE DON'T WORK HERE hours sucks almost thru out the year except the holidays cuz its obvious. The pay is worst... – less
Team Work in the workplace
Stock Expert (Current Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: opportunity to travel to express stores throughout the usa
Cons: compensation
Team work is very important in this job. I love the fact that even though everyone has their own specific jobs to do, we all find time to help each other and flex into other parts of the store if needed. I am a Stock Expert and during the holidays the sales team often help me get shipment done or take trash out. In my down times at work I work closely – more... with the store's Visual Manager. Its like a workplace family. I love it – less
Favorite clothes, best first real job I could've asked for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: working in an industry that i loved
Cons: not much opportunity to advance, pay raises, or hours.
At the beginning of this job, I wasn't very good with working with customers, sales, cashiering quickly, or doing my job at all really. I believe the management saw how much I loved the product itself that they let me stay as long as I did before I really started improving. To this day, this is the job I held the longest, and I loved every minute of – more... it. I loved knowing I had work because I could get dressed up, work with customers and help them feel great in new outfits which were items that I had suggested, the music and environment, my co-workers, and just everything about the job was wonderful to me. It did become stressful at times because it'd be busy, or a customer would leave a fitting room a complete mess, but I wouldn't let those small things get in the way of how I felt about my job. I was always happy there and I learned so much. I learned a great deal of customer service, selling techniques, and how to deal with customers and their complaints. Towards the end of my career at Express, I became very talented in floor sets/visual marketing. I loved setting up for the new seasons and making the store look like a whole new place. I believe this became my strong point (along with selling credit cards) because I started to train quite a few new employees when it came to these shifts, which taught me a lot of responsibility. – less
Professional, Productive, Ethical, and Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Sales Leader (Former Employee), Joplin, MODecember 30, 2013
Express Fashion is an amazing retail job to work for. The work environment is very professional. The employees are amazing and very fun to work with. The job, itself, is very fun, learning about the new trends in fashion everyday, understanding the metrics of sells, and being able to communicate with customers on a daily bases. Working with Express, – more... all of the employees learn to become a family and understand, cooperate with one another. The hardest part of the job is not being able to work with all of my co-workers at once because they are all amazing and great at what they do. Overall, Express was an amazing, productive, and extremely fun workplace. – less
Horrible experience unless you're still in high school.
Sales assoicate (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 28, 2013
Pros: none. lol
Cons: no benefits for part time employees, short hours, catty and messy co workers, dress code
I don't know if it's just this location but I've worked in the women's ever since I started. The managers and the co managers are really strict on assoicate to greet the customers, even if the customers don't greet back, you have to. What I learned about this company, you have to be a fashionista to even work here and how they see that you are a fashionista – more... then they will give you more hours ( 15-25) and let you get away with anything. My co workers? Typical high school girls ( I'm 26 btw) who wants every staff employee to kiss their butt, walking around the store thinking they run everything when they don't. And Yes, you do have to wear Express clothing, even if some of the clothes aren't even your style. The dress code is so ridiculous that shouldn't matter if a assoicate wears express clothing or not, just long it doesn't show the logo and it looks decent. The manager was way out of line and the co managers needs to be fired ASAP. As far I recommending this position to anyone, I would only say, if you are a fashion major, have a second job (in case they will shorten your hours), and will have a strong mind when they are in a situation when they are dealing with managers and co managers that will try to out smart you. – less
fun upbeat place but very cocky women to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fargo, NDOctober 14, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: not enough hours
i liked working here but in order to fit in you need to have money and good fashion.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 22, 2013
Loved working with the customers, it helped with with customer service
Express Fashion Seattle
Retail Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Seattle WASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great people to work with and fun environment
Cons: bad hours and not enough pay, no heath insurance
I worked the front cash wrap and back in the stock room. I loved the people I worked with and found that everyone got along!
fast paced fun environment
Co - Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: discount, great fashion
Cons: long hours, work holidays and weekends
Customer service and sales focused. Opportunities to grow in operations, talent management, merchandise flow, and visual merchandising and marketing.
Fun place to work with but employee turnover was too high
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee), Freehold, NJAugust 23, 2013
Worked in the mens department for Express fashion during college. Severely understaffed so I was always shifted to work the mens department on my own. Fun people to work with but too much employee turnover.
High engery work atmosphere
Sales Leader and Fashion Stylist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2013
Very fun and engerized work place. The co workers are fun and always eager to learn. Work days are never the same.
Fun and flexible workplace
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 2, 2013
Pros: fun, upbeat environment with flexible scheduling.
Cons: fluctuating weekly hours depending on business
- Assisting customers with finding merchandise, recommending additional merchandise, completing transactions (purchases, returns/exchanges, bill payments, credit card applications, online orders), maintaining store appearance and standards, meeting daily sale goals, customer satisfaction and assistance.
- Effective cashiering techniques, improved customer – more... service skills, team-work.
- Management work hand-in-hand with associates, relate to employees on personal levels to build a bond as a team in order to achieve success as a whole. Management works with associates as for scheduling and time off, and any other discrepancies.
- Fellow associates are friendly and make the work environment enjoyable.
- The hardest part of the job would be trying to achieve customer satisfaction 100% of the time, as sometimes you are not always able to make every single customer happy.
- The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers to discover their needs and being able to help customers in order for them to leave happily with what they came in looking for and possibly more. – less
Energetic place to work for
Fashion Expert (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free gifts
Busy
The work process, something new day to day
Helping the customer
Learning Experiences with difficult people.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 27, 2013
A good place to work for a starter job. You can learn a lot if you have the patience required to handle difficult people.
Worst job I've ever had. RUN!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 5, 2013
Pros: quitting
Cons: hypocritical managers, short shifts, no hours, slavery
I've worked in retail for several years and have over seven years combined experience in customer servicing. I know how it's like to work in retail and in different environments and I decided to work for express because I love the clothing and I thought it would be a great experience. Nevertheless, this turned out to be the worst experience of my life. – more... Let's begin.

My interview was at 11am and I had to wait over 15 minutes for the manager. She was busy, I understand. The interview lasted no more than 1 minute. Where have you worked before? What do you dislike/like about retail? What's your availability? That was it!
Two weeks later, I'm on the phone with the same manager and she had more questions. Really? I'm not surprised. I spent about 10 minutes on the phone because she obviously had no idea what she was doing. I was soon hired and the manager was supposed to call me to inform me of my first shift but she never did. I called back a week later and it turns out I missed my first shift, even though I never got the call. On my first day working, I had a horrible shift. I worked over 9 hours and only got one paid 15-minute break and an unpaid 30 minute lunch. Where's my other 15? I was exhausted. This is beyond abuse.

On my 2nd and 3rd shift, I had a 4 or 5 hour shift. I was the only one working in the men's section and I had a snobby coworker "train" me. Actually, he kept asking me questions about the customers and he tried to catch me in a mistake but the only mistakes he was catching were his own. The managers are constantly hurling commands to my ear because we have to wear walkies. It's annoying! They watch you from afar and you're the peasant tending to their every needs. They don't do ANYTHING! I had to constantly run back and forth to greet customers, find their sizes, help them, etc., and the moment I missed one customer walking in, I would get in trouble even though the managers are right next to them! Where's the team effort? There is NONE.

Furthermore, the managers kept telling me I was doing a great job but would send me home shortly thereafter. If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me and teach me. They never corrected me on anything, so I believe I was doing a decent job. However, I was still sent home. One of my managers even told me to clock in EARLY from my break. You want me to clock in early from my break? RIDICULOUS. This is against the law. I kept having violations pop up on the computer screen and I wasn't sure what to do. When the managers give you a break or SKIP your break, this happens. You're FORCED to waive it. This, again, is shady. How dare they make me waive my breaks when I never opted for it.

They pay minimum wage, have no ethics, are hypocrites, you're basically a slave and there is no way to move up unless you spend 10 years with this company. It's awful! Please avoid and run away.

If you're okay with working 6 hours a week and being sent home early while putting up with terrible managers, this may be your job. – less
Express Fashion
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 30, 2013
Working for express was great...not really got the chance to experience with fashion...it was good while it lasted
Productive and fun work place
Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 12, 2013
Pros: wonderful customers as well as co-workers
Cons: short breaks, not enough staff during holiday season
A typical day would consist of me assisting customers with their selections and purchases, working side by side with a great management team as well as wonderful sales associates. The hardest part of my job was trying to assist customers with the right selection of clothing.
Learn ALOT, high standards, fun place to work!
Sales Lead (Current Employee), MinnesotaMarch 31, 2013
Pros: fun, good discount, extra 15% plus your discount once every quarter, quality clothes, learn alot, good benefits for full-time
Cons: low pay when you have keys and are responsible for opening/closing the store
I absolutely love working here! It was my first retail job but I learned so much and was able to advance and get promoted within about 2 years which is pretty fast compared to most places.
There are high standards to maintain while still having all your focus on delievering exceptional customer service but it is so beneficial to both your learning and – more... the business.
I have made many strong friendships through working here and coworkers were fun. The management made it fun to come to work which is why I stayed and wanted to advance and grow with the company. – less
Fun and productive
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 11, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company while I was in school. I worked as a cashier and also worked on the sales floor.