Express Fashion Employee Reviews

fun workplace and great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OH2 March 2017
Absolutely working at Express! Loved the staff and it was a very hard decision to leave after being with the company for a little over threes years . There were just no hours after holiday.
Working at Express
Floor Sales and customer fashionista (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL1 March 2017
Working at Express was a good experience but it was hard work. Especially, when i had to close. You have to fold the clothes a certain way, Size them, & Color code them.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 February 2017
Express was a company where it focus a lot about their products and retail. Increase sales for the store and making sure all customers transaction were being process in a timely manner.
No Better Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OH26 November 2016
They are amazing and everything about them is quality. There has never been a bad day since I've worked there. If the pay wasn't minimal. I would never consider leaving.
Pros
Potlucks, Associate Appreciation
Cons
Nothing at all
n/a
Sales Associate and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL17 August 2016
If retail is what you love then by all means go for it. The company itself I love, I own almost every piece of Express, but the store not so much. As one of the Sales Leaders (Assistant Manager) my numbers were good but never was appreciated for my good work only told what I needed to do.
Retail .
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PA16 June 2016
Typical day at work consisted of folding the same thing day and out. Scheduling wasn't done very well, and management was most of the time all over the place. I loved most of my co-workers. I learned how to communicate better with customers, and really help them out to pin point what they were looking for to ensure they left happy.
Very fun place to work at..great environment.
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Texas25 March 2016
I learned a lot with that company. I just started as a sales associate and quickly worked my way up to co manager. The opportunities to advance are there for anyone willing to push themselves for it.
Pros
Excellent Discount, Benefits, People.
Cons
Retail Life, Sacrifice Time With Family Sometimes.
Warm and bright store with loveable fashion
Sales Associate, Cashier, Shipment (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MD4 March 2016
Unbox and process shipment while occasionally helping and assisting customers on sales floor or cash wrap.
Management is friendly and very understanding. They are welcoming and always put customers first. Some co-workers are more hard working than others, but they all do the job with a smile.
Hardest part is dealing with negative, in a rush customers who make it difficult on associates to help them with what they need. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping that one customer who needs a specific outfit or clothing for an interview or wedding and they tell you everything they like and don't like. it makes it easier for associates to find items based off the customers' needs.
Pros
Meet new people daily
Cons
Hour cuts during specific times of year
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL1 March 2016
typical work day at express is cleaning and putting out merchandise to fill the floor to make sure that the store was filled with everything that need to be filled. It was just a job that I enjoyed working with some of my managers.
Great place to work and learn about sales
Full Time Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA20 February 2016
Love working for this company. They are sales driven, care about their customers and employees, and they truly love what they do for a living. Overall a great place to work.
Pretty cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY5 February 2016
Your experience depends on the people around you. If the people are great you'll enjoy it, if not, you'll hate it. I loved the first location I worked at. The second, not so much.
Fast paced retail work environment
Sales/Stock Expert (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MO11 December 2015
If you already have a job and need a second, you are in high school/college or you simply need seasonal employment then Express Clothing may be a fit for you. If you are looking for a full time job, this will NOT be a fit for you. Hours and times of your shift are NEVER consistent. Pay is minimum wage but at times is tolerable because of the discount. If you work 6 hours or more you get a break so management tries to schedule everyone for 5 hour shifts or less. With 5 managers (Store manager, assistant manager, part time manager, hiring manager/key holder, visual/floor set key holder), you may be shown how to do something 5 different ways and each manager will tell you that whomever told you to do it that way is wrong. You may be assigned multiple tasks at once and you must drop anything you are doing to initiate the GUEST selling model when a customer enters the store. The GUEST selling model (greet, uncover needs, engage, suggest, thank) is annoying to some customers but it's still required. You MUST repeat promotions/sales to EVERY customer that walks in. Working here you are made to build a rapport with customers but in return you feel like a robot repeating yourself. On good selling days, this is a high energy place. Time actually flies by. On slow days it's SLLLLOOOOW and you may get your shift cut.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay/Hours No advancement
Not a company you want to build with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ11 November 2015
Good to work if your still high school part time

Typical day consist of helping customers
Selling credit cards
Folding clothes
Cleaning up
Walking around the floor telling customers the daily promotion
Pros
Discounts on clothes
Cons
Long hours. Not many breaks
Different perspectives change the atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM10 November 2015
Typical day at work starts with opening registers and taking the deposit to the bank. Check shipment in, do an audit count on boxes, sort merchandise, complete morning paperwork. Help run door to floor. Greet customers, uncover their needs, engage with customers, suggest items to customers, and thank them for coming into our store. My management experience came to me after being at the company for at least a year and comes with delegating tasks to associates and earning their respect especially after entering management so quickly. My coworkers are great people and the associates do their jobs without even asking. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. Our return/exchange policy can be difficult to understand at times and sometimes there are customers that are confused or frustrated with the policy. I have to stay calm, try my best to simplify our policy so the customer has an understanding, and do my best to help the customer as much as possible so they walk out of the store feeling somewhat better than coming in. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you help a customer through a difficult situation and they are thanking you profusely for doing everything you could.
not too great
Customer Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Holyoke MA11 August 2015
Not the best place to work, the people are fine but the hours and pay aren't worth what you put up with. Unfortunately corporate doesn't seem to care too much about it's employees.
Typical, minimum wage job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, Wa4 August 2015
Minimum wage mall job. Don't expect great work culture, or many advancement opportunities. Mostly staffed by high school kids or recent graduates; maturity levels vary. Management is alright.
productive , drama free work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL20 July 2015
my work place comes alive at night , the customers are a blast to help, they're mostly tourist so as i'm helping them out i'm also getting to know a little about where they're from and the reason they're visiting Miami. i love working there.
Pros
seeing tourist everyday
express
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH18 July 2015
loved my job,great people to work with ,loved my manager and had a great relationship with majority of the people.I wouldnt mind going back
Pros
great money
Cons
high call volume
Productive & fun working place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TX17 June 2015
* Friendly Staff
* Helping customer throughout the day
* Flexible schedule
* Discount is decent
* Great products
* Learn selling skills,
* Able to move up to be a manager
Very Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC12 June 2015
Though 7.25 an hour isnt alot of money and I work at the outlet, i LOVE working here. This is the most enjoyable job ive had.
Pros
Great Enviorment
Cons
Not enough hours

2.9