Express Fashion

Express Fashion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I thought it was a fun work place, until I learned the truth how management treated the associates.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Homestead, PAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: constant learning of loss prevention strategies
Cons: store manager & assistant manager didn't know what they were doing
When I was scheduled for the orientation meeting when I got hired, I met the store manager, I told her who I was and she said 'oh' as if she was dissapointed I was hired to be there.

Both store manager and assistant manager and one of the sales associate told me regarding my position that they never trained anyone to do that job and I had to learn – more... on my own. I asked for help and they acted like they didn't want to show me.

Both store and assistant manager were bullying me.

I noticed other sales associates had quit because of the lack of direction and lack of knowing what to do for the store and their jobs. I then later put in my notice. I also heard they were treated poorly by management. I learned a day before my last week working there that I had to train a new employee. But, then, no one could train me? So, honestly, I didn't show up on my last week.

So, if those two managers are still working there, I'd advise anyone not to apply at that particular location. Nothing but bullies. – less
Fun laid back environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City. OKJune 29, 2014
Your ring up customers and fold clothes mostly. Pace is slow and part timers don't get very many hours.
Love the fashion and the intimacy with customers.
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJune 4, 2014
I loved developing relationships with the customers to talk about fashion and trends. I didn't like the balance of my life outside of work.
Don't try to make a living off of this
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Portage, MIMay 8, 2014
Pros: 30% employee discount, flexible work schedule
Cons: lack of structure with training, bad hours and bad pay
It's a good job to have if you're in high school and just starting out or if you have a full time job and need some extra income. The hours aren't great and the pay is minimum wage. I started in November near the beginning of the holiday rush and was provided little to no training. A daily shift included about 30% interaction with customers, 70% random – more... tasking... also you're expected to push the credit card. Weeks will vary, some weeks you'll have 8 hours, then the next you'll have 20. The company does "on-call" shifts which are a huge inconvenience to your day. If you are scheduled an on-call shift you are required to call in 2 hours before you're scheduled to come in and they'll decide if they need you or not. For example, if you're scheduled for a 5-10pm on-call, you'll be expected to call in at 3pm and they'll decide on the spot if they need you or not based on hours and traffic.

However, I've met some very talented individuals here and started to become friends with some of them. My co-workers were also very diverse not only in race but in character too, which I liked a lot.

It's not a bad place to work, but definitely make it a second job or something to make a residual income. – less
History of poor DM communication & disorganization
Co-manager (Former Employee), NYMay 6, 2014
Cons: long hours, no direction/communication
I worked for Express years ago and my experience as a co-manager sounds similar to the reviews here.
Our DM rarely came to the store! He knew things were not right i.e. the SM was so in love with the brother of a sales associate that she allowed him (the associate) to do anything he wanted to which included stealing money, merchandise and time.
It was – more... a crazy experience but LP did their job & investigated. They fired all of our associates for theft but one. We were left with no one to work!
Eventually they fired the SM and finally the DM but I'd quit by then. It was such an unprofessional environment and it went on unchecked for too long. – less
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2014
Over all a good work experience, I learned a lot about myself and about the company. Management was good, no complaints. It was such a good and balanced "work family." Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job, ironically, was also the customers. I've met and made plenty of people, – more... made loyal customers come back for more and always had a fun time. – less
Fun and easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 26, 2014
My experience with Express Fashion was fun and easy although I only worked seasonal I they gave me my first chance to work in retail. The managers are the best and make your working experience enjoyable.
Terrible store manager
sales assiociate (Former Employee), trumbull, connecticutFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: days off aways from the store manager, if she doesnt call you..
Cons: the store manager
I was working here for a lil over a yr and at the beginning it was great, fun, it was tons of team work, the managers was phenomenal... the training was efficient... but their were changes... all new managers and everything went downhill.. people was quitting once a week, no days off then you'll have a week off .. the store manager talks to you and – more... everyone else very rude... PLEASE DON'T WORK HERE hours sucks almost thru out the year except the holidays cuz its obvious. The pay is worst... – less
Team Work in the workplace
Stock Expert (Current Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: opportunity to travel to express stores throughout the usa
Cons: compensation
Team work is very important in this job. I love the fact that even though everyone has their own specific jobs to do, we all find time to help each other and flex into other parts of the store if needed. I am a Stock Expert and during the holidays the sales team often help me get shipment done or take trash out. In my down times at work I work closely – more... with the store's Visual Manager. Its like a workplace family. I love it – less
Favorite clothes, best first real job I could've asked for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: working in an industry that i loved
Cons: not much opportunity to advance, pay raises, or hours.
At the beginning of this job, I wasn't very good with working with customers, sales, cashiering quickly, or doing my job at all really. I believe the management saw how much I loved the product itself that they let me stay as long as I did before I really started improving. To this day, this is the job I held the longest, and I loved every minute of – more... it. I loved knowing I had work because I could get dressed up, work with customers and help them feel great in new outfits which were items that I had suggested, the music and environment, my co-workers, and just everything about the job was wonderful to me. It did become stressful at times because it'd be busy, or a customer would leave a fitting room a complete mess, but I wouldn't let those small things get in the way of how I felt about my job. I was always happy there and I learned so much. I learned a great deal of customer service, selling techniques, and how to deal with customers and their complaints. Towards the end of my career at Express, I became very talented in floor sets/visual marketing. I loved setting up for the new seasons and making the store look like a whole new place. I believe this became my strong point (along with selling credit cards) because I started to train quite a few new employees when it came to these shifts, which taught me a lot of responsibility. – less
Professional, Productive, Ethical, and Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Sales Leader (Former Employee), Joplin, MODecember 30, 2013
Express Fashion is an amazing retail job to work for. The work environment is very professional. The employees are amazing and very fun to work with. The job, itself, is very fun, learning about the new trends in fashion everyday, understanding the metrics of sells, and being able to communicate with customers on a daily bases. Working with Express, – more... all of the employees learn to become a family and understand, cooperate with one another. The hardest part of the job is not being able to work with all of my co-workers at once because they are all amazing and great at what they do. Overall, Express was an amazing, productive, and extremely fun workplace. – less
Horrible experience unless you're still in high school.
Sales assoicate (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 28, 2013
Pros: none. lol
Cons: no benefits for part time employees, short hours, catty and messy co workers, dress code
I don't know if it's just this location but I've worked in the women's ever since I started. The managers and the co managers are really strict on assoicate to greet the customers, even if the customers don't greet back, you have to. What I learned about this company, you have to be a fashionista to even work here and how they see that you are a fashionista – more... then they will give you more hours ( 15-25) and let you get away with anything. My co workers? Typical high school girls ( I'm 26 btw) who wants every staff employee to kiss their butt, walking around the store thinking they run everything when they don't. And Yes, you do have to wear Express clothing, even if some of the clothes aren't even your style. The dress code is so ridiculous that shouldn't matter if a assoicate wears express clothing or not, just long it doesn't show the logo and it looks decent. The manager was way out of line and the co managers needs to be fired ASAP. As far I recommending this position to anyone, I would only say, if you are a fashion major, have a second job (in case they will shorten your hours), and will have a strong mind when they are in a situation when they are dealing with managers and co managers that will try to out smart you. – less
fun upbeat place but very cocky women to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fargo, NDOctober 14, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: not enough hours
i liked working here but in order to fit in you need to have money and good fashion.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 22, 2013
Loved working with the customers, it helped with with customer service
Express Fashion Seattle
Retail Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Seattle WASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great people to work with and fun environment
Cons: bad hours and not enough pay, no heath insurance
I worked the front cash wrap and back in the stock room. I loved the people I worked with and found that everyone got along!
fast paced fun environment
Co - Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: discount, great fashion
Cons: long hours, work holidays and weekends
Customer service and sales focused. Opportunities to grow in operations, talent management, merchandise flow, and visual merchandising and marketing.
Fun place to work with but employee turnover was too high
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee), Freehold, NJAugust 23, 2013
Worked in the mens department for Express fashion during college. Severely understaffed so I was always shifted to work the mens department on my own. Fun people to work with but too much employee turnover.
High engery work atmosphere
Sales Leader and Fashion Stylist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2013
Very fun and engerized work place. The co workers are fun and always eager to learn. Work days are never the same.
Fun and flexible workplace
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 2, 2013
Pros: fun, upbeat environment with flexible scheduling.
Cons: fluctuating weekly hours depending on business
- Assisting customers with finding merchandise, recommending additional merchandise, completing transactions (purchases, returns/exchanges, bill payments, credit card applications, online orders), maintaining store appearance and standards, meeting daily sale goals, customer satisfaction and assistance.
- Effective cashiering techniques, improved customer – more... service skills, team-work.
- Management work hand-in-hand with associates, relate to employees on personal levels to build a bond as a team in order to achieve success as a whole. Management works with associates as for scheduling and time off, and any other discrepancies.
- Fellow associates are friendly and make the work environment enjoyable.
- The hardest part of the job would be trying to achieve customer satisfaction 100% of the time, as sometimes you are not always able to make every single customer happy.
- The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers to discover their needs and being able to help customers in order for them to leave happily with what they came in looking for and possibly more. – less
Energetic place to work for
Fashion Expert (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free gifts
Busy
The work process, something new day to day
Helping the customer