Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews in Canada

American approach.
Business Developer / Associate (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC, CanadaOctober 29, 2013
It's been interesting to get a peek inside an American staffing company. There is something to be learned from their approach to sales.
Employment staffing, full services professional and temp labour
Owner (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 21, 2014
Very caring and professional.
Enjoy helping people and company
Pros
24/7
Busy, fast-paced
Enbridge (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 17, 2014
Nice people
Great clients
Putting procedures into place.
Comfortable office and Working conditions
Pros
hours of work
Cons
long drive
Facinating place to work, great scope for networking!
Temorary Receptionist (Current Employee) –  variousMarch 17, 2014
Always learning new things and meeting great new people through temp work.
A great place to learn
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONJune 16, 2014
Always great for training. Employee incentives were good. Clean and fun atmosphere.
Fun place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 3, 2012
Its a temp agency what more can I say other then they were quick to find me work and did a good job of keeping me at that position.
casual secretary
On-Call School Secretary (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Express is a fairly good company to work for but due to the fact that I was on-call, not too calls came in.
Good People to Work For
A/R Clerk, Receptionist, Parts Person (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJune 5, 2013
I enjoy working with this agency they try to get placement for me.
Pros
easy to talk to
agency
Assist in shop duties (Former Employee) –  toronto,onJuly 18, 2014
great people working for the agency very friendly and knowledgeable on what they do.
Temp agency
Temp employrr (Current Employee) –  Burlington ontarioSeptember 18, 2014
Good Temp agency, if you looking for temp work id suggest them
Fun place to work most of the time.
Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 13, 2012
Great fun place to work, but sometimes hard due to fact that manager is racist.
temp agency
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2013
It helped me be place at Acklands and it has the same points as I put down for Acklands.
Very Unimpressive.
Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 4, 2015
I came to express through the recommendation of a close family member who had worked there previously (although not as a temp). I went in and got all set up in person which didn't take very long, mainly just a few aptitude tests, some personal information and preferences and some questions about my working preferences (I.E. would you like to work night shifts etc etc).

I told express that I was available to be called in for work all the next week and they put me on their 'list'. After a few days of not being called I rang them up on the phone and let them know I'm still available for work. A few days later it was a friday and still not a single call. I rang them up once more and let them know I'm still available. This happened for the next two and a half months, calling in 2 or more times a week letting them know I was available for work and not getting a single thing.

Finally Express called me with a job, they told me I was going to be folding clothes inside of a trailer for several hours, seemed easy enough I took it. When I got to the job location (which I was several minutes late to because the directions they gave were not very good. They neglected to mention the area where we would be working at was in the back of a different companies parking lot... a company who had no idea that we were there on top of that!). I waited for the 'supervisor' to arrive for two hours in the blazing heat (He had the keys to the back of the truck so we couldn't start without him). I didn't know if we were going to have to bring our own water with us or not so I had only brought a 2L bottle
  more... of water which was nearly gone by the time the supervisor got there.

After the supervisor arrived he told us we were going to be hauling these sticky melting plastic bags filled with what should be clothes (many were not filled with clothes.) from one end of a 32ft flatbed truck to another one. When we got the trucks open and set up he took off to go to Walmart! and left us in the hands of a very nice albeit somewhat scary trucker(I say he is a trucker because that's what he normally does for a living, according to him he angered some of the higher ups and they had him unloading trucks as a punishment of sorts) who worked for the people I was being contracted out to. We worked for the next 3-4 hours tossing melting garbage bags from one truck to another and stuffing clothes back into bags if they happened to rip and spill out.

By the time we were almost done, the trucker guy called up the supervisor who proceeded to show up just in the nick of time to throw two or three garbage bags over from one truck to the other and then sweep. Then, he wouldn't even sign my timecard so that I could have a way to confirm I showed up and worked there! I called up the woman who had given me the job at express and told them I had worked there and she said everything had already been confirmed so thankfully that happened. That was just the first job I worked for express.

Overall I didn't enjoy working for express. Many of the jobs I was given were similar to the story I wrote above, incorrect job description, poor directions (I strongly recommend getting the address and putting it into a GPS if available so that you know where you are going), supervisors that don't supervise and, bad working conditions!
Pros
they find you work
Cons
few and far between jobs, bad working conditions, poor communication