Express Employment Professionals

Busy, fast-paced
Enbridge (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 17, 2014
Nice people
Great clients
Putting procedures into place.
Comfortable office and Working conditions
Pros
hours of work
Cons
long drive
A great place to learn
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONJune 16, 2014
Always great for training. Employee incentives were good. Clean and fun atmosphere.
Micro Managed - Not a great place to sell for
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
As an Account Manager you are expected not to "hit the road" first thing in the morning. You have to attend a short meeting at 8:45. Then you have to make calls for about 2 hours, after which you have to do cold calling. You're expected to set up meetings, conduct the meetings, provide RFQs, then sign up the new clients. You have to return by about 3:00 to enter your daily contacts. Then you have a 4:45 meeting.

You have to form a schedule for yourself and if you're running into traffic or more than 2 meetings you then can't complete your routine. The franchisee never gave proper training on how to do a proper RFQ or a contract.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, finished at 5:00 on the button or slightly later
Cons
poor training, micro managed
Recruiter keeps me up to date with job opportunities
School Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elementary school on callMay 7, 2014
I have been placed in a vacation cover job as an Admin Assist for approx 2 weeks and at various elementary schools in the area as school secretary to cover absenteeism. Each time out I learn something new and update my skills as an admin. especially with email and simply accounting.
Pros
temporary positions - if not a good match
Cons
temporary positions - nothing permanent
Facinating place to work, great scope for networking!
Temorary Receptionist (Current Employee) –  variousMarch 17, 2014
Always learning new things and meeting great new people through temp work.
jobs are few
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 9, 2014
only have a select places to work ,lets say if they dont like you (where you where sent to work) the client will call express and say dont send back

Worked for one place for over 600 hours was supposed to get hired but company said i was not a good fit for the job but some of the mangers and other workers there liked me and liked my work ethic
Pros
you will get called to go to a few jobs
Cons
not enough hours given during the week
Wonderful work environment at the COE Law Branch
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Downtown EdmontonFebruary 18, 2014
Originally, this was a 2-month temporary assignment with the City of Edmonton Law Branch, which got extended into 3 months (the maximum allowed by the union).

I learned how to enter data to open a file in iVos (data base) and modifying it as needed. Also created the physical files to match.
Provided relief to receptionist as needed. Co-workers were a great bunch to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to improve the condition of the files in Expropriation. I also like the project I did to organize all the information a lawyer had on the Downtown Arena.

The hardest part of the job was finding enough work to do, especially the first month. The second and the third month I started to work on the Expropriation files.

Part of the time, we had a rush job for photocopying 8 or 9 copies of documents. Other scanning and photocopying as needed.
Pros
flexible hours: 8 to 4 became 7:30 to 3:30 with 1/2 hour lunch
Cons
that i had to leave after 3 months
Recommended Job agency
General Labor Temp (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Express Employment Professionals, located at the Etobicoke, Toronto site has an excellent staff that provides support to all of its temp workers, even after hours. They take into account what your preferences are when you're looking for work and are very understanding people.
Pros
always work for anyone
Cons
permanent positions in job contract few inbetween
Most places for fun to work at
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2014
I learned alot at all my placements that will help me in other placements in the future. The hardest part of all my jobs through the agency was knowing it was through an agency and knowing it wa always just temporary
Pros
new experiences
Cons
no chance for hire on
casual secretary
On-Call School Secretary (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Express is a fairly good company to work for but due to the fact that I was on-call, not too calls came in.
Was a great place to work with
Forklift Operator/ Picker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 3, 2013
Was a very nice place to work for, they always asked how your day was. The place was a placement agency, i think they are all basicly the same.
American approach.
Business Developer / Associate (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC, CanadaOctober 29, 2013
It's been interesting to get a peek inside an American staffing company. There is something to be learned from their approach to sales.
Professional experience.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 17, 2013
It was nice working with the company.They were informative and helpful.
Pros
always available to have discussions.
Cons
they have a lot of available positions.
temp agency
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2013
It helped me be place at Acklands and it has the same points as I put down for Acklands.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONJuly 30, 2013
The workplace is very friendly and comfortable environment, where I continue to learn everyday in order to further advance myself within the company.
interested but different in a good way
Customer Service\Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2013
The people are really nice there
I can say haven't had to really wait to work
Pros
a variety of jobs to choose from
Cons
temp work unstable not sure from day to day
Good People to Work For
A/R Clerk, Receptionist, Parts Person (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJune 5, 2013
I enjoy working with this agency they try to get placement for me.
Pros
easy to talk to
easy going manager
Labourer, driver, blue collar jobs (Former Employee) –  edmonton abJune 2, 2013
I can' t give you a great review cause they usually phoned me at home when they had work for me. But I was never out of work for more than a week, so that' s good for me. June 2012 though, some people they hired at that time were judgemental, not very helpful to get me a job, judgemental, discriminate, racist, all I know is some of the people there were very helpful (they have been there for a long time, the manager is really good with every one that walked in looking for job placement others were just collecting a paycheck.
Pros
holidays were paid for, canada day etc easter
Cons
overall good
headhunter games
candidate (Former Employee) –  HamiltonMay 13, 2013
The agent I dealt with kept changing her story as to how much competition I would have when I was presented for an opportunity. While you should take whatever you hear from a headhunter from a grain of salt, it is pretty bad when they tell you something that contradicts what they told you before!
ExpressPros found employment quickly....
Customer Service at job they found for me (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 19, 2013
I applied to ExpressPros in the hope they would find employment for me ... and they did!

I would recommend this hiring agency to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
find employment quickly....
Cons
no benefits