Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time
Client (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 July 2012
I registered with Express months ago. Since then, they have put me forward for 1 job. That's it. Even then, I didn't get the job and the company it was with did not have a telephone number (sketchy, I know) so I rang Express and asked my advisor if he could find out why I didn't get the job. That was about 1/2 months ago and I still have not heard back from him.

They are the WORST temporary job agency going. All they want is to increase their numbers, they have no interest in helping you at all. If you're hoping to find a job, don't waste your time with them, go somewhere else!
Dismantler Operator
Dismantler Operator, Feeder Machine (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 December 2015
If you can work there's work but if you have to run machine that worn out and the blades brakeing and sliding across floor left right way too dangerous?
contract position only
P/T AP Clerk/Casual-on call Cook (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 December 2015
I learned a new accounting software from the company I was assigned. The accounting manager was helpful enough to trained me. I enjoy working in that company (Peoples Drug Store) which I was assigned.
Georgetown, Ontario
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  ABM Canada, Former employee17 August 2012
I enjoyed working with Express Professional in Georgetown, Ontario.

My previous placement didn't work out for various reason this was not there fault comes on fauly of the employer not having proper training. Should Express Pros ever have another placement for me again sure why not much better than most other employement agencies out there today.

I want to say thanks for job well done sorry the placement didn't work out something better off.
Pros
execellent professional service
Cons
na
Okay place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,AB26 September 2015
The hours were very inconsistant and a lot of waiting for a call in,The management was very helpful and worked to get you the hours in.
Lots of different jobs, learning new skills.
general labour (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 November 2015
Lots of different jobs, week to week, nothing consistent.Staff are very friendly and only look to set you up with the job that's right for you.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
just a fun work place
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 April 2013
i learned that working with others is like maintaining you car if you don't get the oil and brakes done they with fail or you motor will brake .
Pros
having fun while working and liking your job
Production Assembler
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON31 March 2015
Machine Operator: welded small automotive parts.
I learned how to pace myself better to hit the production number .
The management is ok . The co- workers some are nice and some are rude. The hardest part is repetitive and the enjoying part is there is none.
Pros
Free doughnuts working overtime
Cons
Weld smoke
Production and working enviroment
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 October 2014
The working environment is ok.
I have learned the different machine and its purpose.
Management overall is just standard
The hardest part of the jobs is working with difficult people
The most enjoyable is when every workers work as a team
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not enough hours
great help with work
general labour (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 November 2015
They helped with getting great jobs and helped with my learning of employment job places and how to work well with others.
good staff and easily learned job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 July 2015
express is a great company for finding you work fast and trying to find a job within your wants and needs and hours . Pay was standard and hours were good as well, great work environment and always understanding in certain situations.
Pros
temporary to full time
Cons
pay per hour and only 1 break a day which wasnt allowed to be split up
effective and fun workplace
General Labour, (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON25 October 2015
I loved working at the warehouse. They were very friendly there and very understanding. we would have fun on the job and get our work done effectively.
Poor Workplaces, Worse Comunication
Temporary warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2015
as per company rules, when an employee has a problem with the staff at a job posting, you are to take it up with your immediate supervisor

i did, and both times i was 'let go' simply because i was a temp
the agency did not bother to ask my side of any story, and simply decided to not try to find me another job

no communication between the Express and the employee
Recruiter keeps me up to date with job opportunities
School Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elementary school on call7 May 2014
I have been placed in a vacation cover job as an Admin Assist for approx 2 weeks and at various elementary schools in the area as school secretary to cover absenteeism. Each time out I learn something new and update my skills as an admin. especially with email and simply accounting.
Pros
Temporary positions - if not a good match
Cons
Temporary positions - nothing permanent
Staffing Agency.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2015
It is a staffing agency and i had an okay experience with the agency. Learned a bit about shipping and receiving and auto parts with my time there.
Speedy and reliable temp service
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 April 2013
Over the past couple years since my time in kitchener express has been one of the more reliable temp agencies I've had the chance to work with. They usually returned my calls for a placement very quickly and found employment suitable to my experience.
Pros
quick placement time, polite and friendly staff, well organized
Cons
lack of consistency, low wages, too many short term assignments
jobs are few
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 March 2014
only have a select places to work ,lets say if they dont like you (where you where sent to work) the client will call express and say dont send back

Worked for one place for over 600 hours was supposed to get hired but company said i was not a good fit for the job but some of the mangers and other workers there liked me and liked my work ethic
Pros
you will get called to go to a few jobs
Cons
not enough hours given during the week
Okay job
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON21 January 2015
it was an okay job to work for, they sent you to not so bad jobs but once you get hurt they don't help you... I was at a job and I cut the tip of my finger off (the pad of my index finger) and they didn't send anything to the labour board and when I called to see if my claim was sent they didn't have anything with my name.
Pros
sometimes drives checks to you, friendly staff
Cons
unrealiable
Recommended Job agency
General Labor Temp (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2014
Express Employment Professionals, located at the Etobicoke, Toronto site has an excellent staff that provides support to all of its temp workers, even after hours. They take into account what your preferences are when you're looking for work and are very understanding people.
Pros
Always work for anyone
Cons
Permanent positions in job contract few inbetween
Job Agency that gave many work opportunities
Temp (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 June 2015
During my time at this agency, I have noticed that they were very professional and always on top of things. They regularly contacted me for placements to work at factories or construction jobs.

Express Employment Professionals Reviews by Location