Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

A busy job where no two days are the same
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer12 August 2015
This was a busy location filled with phone calls, interviews, and job connections.
Everyday I would be learning more about different people, different careers, and various companies.
Pros
Networking
Cons
good staff and easily learned job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 July 2015
express is a great company for finding you work fast and trying to find a job within your wants and needs and hours . Pay was standard and hours were good as well, great work environment and always understanding in certain situations.
Pros
temporary to full time
Cons
pay per hour and only 1 break a day which wasnt allowed to be split up
Job Agency that gave many work opportunities
Temp (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 June 2015
During my time at this agency, I have noticed that they were very professional and always on top of things. They regularly contacted me for placements to work at factories or construction jobs.
My Experiences
Packer/ assembler/ machiner operator (Former Employee) –  Durham Region / Toronto15 June 2015
A typical day at work for me is to be alert , on time ,willing to work safe with the ability to learn new jobs with a smile.

What I have learned about my experiences is working well with others and able to set-up machines for start up and shut down methods including management rolls and repairs for production lines.

The hardest part of the job that I had in the past was not difficult because if I had any concerns or question I would just ask for help. so I didn't really find any problems with anything, I was always ready and willing to learn.

The most enjoyable is a friendly environment and a opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
unsafe and hostile environment
Bad Times as a temp
Machine Operator, General Labouror (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 May 2015
A typical work day was varied from checking holes with a rod for 8 hours to cleaning and working machines.
I learned what a production line process was like in regards to efficiency and ensuring products are to standard. The management and co-workers varied from job to job however the overall impression i received from them was negative. Working with other temps was often grueling due to the pesamstic attitude they gave off about the job, and the management would often not treat the other temps with much better moods. The hardest part about the job to me was being able to prove that I was more then capable of the job to the point where I would gain a full time position in the company. Every job from the temp agency was extremely repeative and often thoroughly understood after a couple hours of work. This made proving efficiency and worth to the management difficult because I personally thought most people would be able to do the jobs that we as temps were givin. There were good parts of the job too. There were some nice people that I spent time with and had the experience of seeing what a variety of work places were like.
Cons
Promise of jobs after 3 months yet I never once received one
It's a temp agency, kept me employeed, kept me busy.
temp (Former Employee) –  oshawa5 May 2015
Working as intended. It's a temp agency what do you expect. You work various jobs, try to find permanent work and keep the money flowing.
Pros
I was never really out of work
Cons
its a temp agency
Polite and helpful staff
Parking Assistant for The Granite Club (Current Employee) –  North York16 April 2015
Great agency to be a part of. Staff is very kind and helpful. Its a great team environment and the salary is fair. Its a stress-free job with nobody barking orders at you.
Nice people
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 April 2015
Good for casual work. They actually try to fit you to somewhere suitable for your skills. They can provide a range of opportunities.
temp service work
temp emploment (Former Employee) –  kelowna bc7 April 2015
Very good quick placment for work .Placed in different work places.Proper notice for work placement for next day . Recived pay cheques every two weeks with correct amounts.
Pros
part time work
Cons
not enough work
Poor Workplaces, Worse Comunication
Temporary warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2015
as per company rules, when an employee has a problem with the staff at a job posting, you are to take it up with your immediate supervisor

i did, and both times i was 'let go' simply because i was a temp
the agency did not bother to ask my side of any story, and simply decided to not try to find me another job

no communication between the Express and the employee
Production Assembler
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON31 March 2015
Machine Operator: welded small automotive parts.
I learned how to pace myself better to hit the production number .
The management is ok . The co- workers some are nice and some are rude. The hardest part is repetitive and the enjoying part is there is none.
Pros
Free doughnuts working overtime
Cons
Weld smoke
Temp work
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 March 2015
Well this was just a temp placement agency, they cater to just various places.. So they good if your wishing a quick and dirty way to get a job.
Fun Place to work
Ensign Canadian Drilling Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,AB26 March 2015
Did not work directly with anyone at this company as they are a placement company.

great coworkers
very good manangement
Pros
get you out to work quickly
Cons
never know from week to week what is happeniung with your job
An agency that empowers skilled professional workers.
Accounts Payable/Administrative (Current Employee) –  GTA26 March 2015
I find that whenever I have a question or need help from the staff at Express Employment Professionals that they always meet or exceed my expectations. They are all a friendly and are an easy team to work with.
great place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 March 2015
new places to work after contract expired, new skills to add to my resume.

the express employment is a great place to find work suitable to my skills.
Very Unimpressive.
Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 March 2015
I came to express through the recommendation of a close family member who had worked there previously (although not as a temp). I went in and got all set up in person which didn't take very long, mainly just a few aptitude tests, some personal information and preferences and some questions about my working preferences (I.E. would you like to work night shifts etc etc).

I told express that I was available to be called in for work all the next week and they put me on their 'list'. After a few days of not being called I rang them up on the phone and let them know I'm still available for work. A few days later it was a friday and still not a single call. I rang them up once more and let them know I'm still available. This happened for the next two and a half months, calling in 2 or more times a week letting them know I was available for work and not getting a single thing.

Finally Express called me with a job, they told me I was going to be folding clothes inside of a trailer for several hours, seemed easy enough I took it. When I got to the job location (which I was several minutes late to because the directions they gave were not very good. They neglected to mention the area where we would be working at was in the back of a different companies parking lot... a company who had no idea that we were there on top of that!). I waited for the 'supervisor' to arrive for two hours in the blazing heat (He had the keys to the back of the truck so we couldn't start without him). I didn't know if we were going to have to bring our own water with us or not so I had only brought a 2L
  more... bottle of water which was nearly gone by the time the supervisor got there.

After the supervisor arrived he told us we were going to be hauling these sticky melting plastic bags filled with what should be clothes (many were not filled with clothes.) from one end of a 32ft flatbed truck to another one. When we got the trucks open and set up he took off to go to Walmart! and left us in the hands of a very nice albeit somewhat scary trucker(I say he is a trucker because that's what he normally does for a living, according to him he angered some of the higher ups and they had him unloading trucks as a punishment of sorts) who worked for the people I was being contracted out to. We worked for the next 3-4 hours tossing melting garbage bags from one truck to another and stuffing clothes back into bags if they happened to rip and spill out.

By the time we were almost done, the trucker guy called up the supervisor who proceeded to show up just in the nick of time to throw two or three garbage bags over from one truck to the other and then sweep. Then, he wouldn't even sign my timecard so that I could have a way to confirm I showed up and worked there! I called up the woman who had given me the job at express and told them I had worked there and she said everything had already been confirmed so thankfully that happened. That was just the first job I worked for express.

Overall I didn't enjoy working for express. Many of the jobs I was given were similar to the story I wrote above, incorrect job description, poor directions (I strongly recommend getting the address and putting it into a GPS if available so that you know where you are going), supervisors that don't supervise and, bad working conditions!
Pros
They find you work
Cons
Few and Far Between Jobs, Bad working conditions, poor communication
Excellent people working hard to find temp employment
Temp Job Placement- H&H Manu- 1mnth Contract (Former Employee) –  Burlington, on17 February 2015
The people at Express are very hard working individuals that try very hard to keep their people and clients happy. The reps from Express were friendly yet very professional and went the extra mile in many cases.
good place to work nice people and good managment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 February 2015
was threw a temp service my typical day was 12 hour shifts at Ropak assemble line for plastic products I gained many good qualities from this last job learned to work in a fast pasted workplace. learned to work in teams and problem solve quickly and efficiently. got experience in packing products and shipping and handling.
Pros
good inverment and people
Cons
long hours 12 hour roating shifts
Okay job
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON21 January 2015
it was an okay job to work for, they sent you to not so bad jobs but once you get hurt they don't help you... I was at a job and I cut the tip of my finger off (the pad of my index finger) and they didn't send anything to the labour board and when I called to see if my claim was sent they didn't have anything with my name.
Pros
sometimes drives checks to you, friendly staff
Cons
unrealiable
Laid back Workplace
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2014
Fun job, multi-cultural, place is not so safe. very thigh space, no working station, you kind of work everywhere in the warehouse, but good management for sure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Employment Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval