Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent people working hard to find temp employment
Temp Job Placement- H&H Manu- 1mnth Contract (Former Employee) –  Burlington, onFebruary 17, 2015
The people at Express are very hard working individuals that try very hard to keep their people and clients happy. The reps from Express were friendly yet very professional and went the extra mile in many cases.
Allerion
Oilfield Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONOctober 16, 2014
On any given day we are required to enter industrial crude tanks and clean them out. we work At Shell Canada Sarnia Refinery with Allerion oilfield services. My co workers and I get along very well, but we all have a mutual distrust in the management side of thing after various incidences. The job can be extremely physically demanding, sometimes the product in the tank can be as hard as asphalt, removing it can be very long slow process. We must be under fresh air apparatus due to possible gas leak or exposure. To be quite honest the best part of this job other than thew crew we have
(A-team) is going home at the end of the day
Pros
learned some valuable skills and friends(co-workers)
Cons
poor management, poor organization, lack of leadership, low pay
Fun Place to work
Ensign Canadian Drilling Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,ABMarch 26, 2015
Did not work directly with anyone at this company as they are a placement company.

great coworkers
very good manangement
Pros
get you out to work quickly
Cons
never know from week to week what is happeniung with your job
Short term work without job security and pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  BurnabyAugust 31, 2014
This was a entry level head hunter that had good management but only focus on short term employment for employees. They are very good at what they do but for someone looking for more long term employment opportunities they were less rounded out in that direction. Very good people very professional and very helpful for and employee starting out and needing to gain experience.
Pros
good management, professional
Polite and helpful staff
Parking Assistant for The Granite Club (Current Employee) –  North YorkApril 16, 2015
Great agency to be a part of. Staff is very kind and helpful. Its a great team environment and the salary is fair. Its a stress-free job with nobody barking orders at you.
temp service work
temp emploment (Former Employee) –  kelowna bcApril 7, 2015
Very good quick placment for work .Placed in different work places.Proper notice for work placement for next day . Recived pay cheques every two weeks with correct amounts.
Pros
part time work
Cons
not enough work
Micro Managed - Not a great place to sell for
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
As an Account Manager you are expected not to "hit the road" first thing in the morning. You have to attend a short meeting at 8:45. Then you have to make calls for about 2 hours, after which you have to do cold calling. You're expected to set up meetings, conduct the meetings, provide RFQs, then sign up the new clients. You have to return by about 3:00 to enter your daily contacts. Then you have a 4:45 meeting.

You have to form a schedule for yourself and if you're running into traffic or more than 2 meetings you then can't complete your routine. The franchisee never gave proper training on how to do a proper RFQ or a contract.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, finished at 5:00 on the button or slightly later
Cons
poor training, micro managed
Recruiter keeps me up to date with job opportunities
School Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elementary school on callMay 7, 2014
I have been placed in a vacation cover job as an Admin Assist for approx 2 weeks and at various elementary schools in the area as school secretary to cover absenteeism. Each time out I learn something new and update my skills as an admin. especially with email and simply accounting.
Pros
temporary positions - if not a good match
Cons
temporary positions - nothing permanent
easy going manager
Labourer, driver, blue collar jobs (Former Employee) –  edmonton abJune 2, 2013
I can' t give you a great review cause they usually phoned me at home when they had work for me. But I was never out of work for more than a week, so that' s good for me. June 2012 though, some people they hired at that time were judgemental, not very helpful to get me a job, judgemental, discriminate, racist, all I know is some of the people there were very helpful (they have been there for a long time, the manager is really good with every one that walked in looking for job placement others were just collecting a paycheck.
Pros
holidays were paid for, canada day etc easter
Cons
overall good
Temporary Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2013
My assignment was great while they appreciated Temporary workers but then new management came in and things changed. They no longer wanted temporary workers.

The Co-workers really appreciated me/I enjoyed working with them

The hardest part of the job for me was not having the speed I needed to meet the deadlines. My accuracy in testing at Express was 90% but speed was about 35 wpm. In bookkeeping I never had to worry about speed because accuracy is very important.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was working with my co-workers. I'm not sure, however, if temporary work is for me.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not knowing when your next job will be or how long it will last is very difficult.
Don't waste your time
Client (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 7, 2012
I registered with Express months ago. Since then, they have put me forward for 1 job. That's it. Even then, I didn't get the job and the company it was with did not have a telephone number (sketchy, I know) so I rang Express and asked my advisor if he could find out why I didn't get the job. That was about 1/2 months ago and I still have not heard back from him.

They are the WORST temporary job agency going. All they want is to increase their numbers, they have no interest in helping you at all. If you're hoping to find a job, don't waste your time with them, go somewhere else!
Georgetown, Ontario
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  ABM Canada, Former employeeAugust 17, 2012
I enjoyed working with Express Professional in Georgetown, Ontario.

My previous placement didn't work out for various reason this was not there fault comes on fauly of the employer not having proper training. Should Express Pros ever have another placement for me again sure why not much better than most other employement agencies out there today.

I want to say thanks for job well done sorry the placement didn't work out something better off.
Pros
execellent professional service
Cons
na
jobs are few
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 9, 2014
only have a select places to work ,lets say if they dont like you (where you where sent to work) the client will call express and say dont send back

Worked for one place for over 600 hours was supposed to get hired but company said i was not a good fit for the job but some of the mangers and other workers there liked me and liked my work ethic
Pros
you will get called to go to a few jobs
Cons
not enough hours given during the week
Outdated, Ignorant, Poor Skills, and Poor Management
none, as I found better (Former Employee) –  CloverdaleNovember 5, 2012
This company has a poor attitude and has poor management. I applied at the Cloverdale location. They are out dated, ignorant of the ooutside world, and the one woman I saw seemed to hate working there. I have a feeling they are coasting until retirement, and not really trying to do their job anymore. They do not know how to treat prospective clientele, which is their money maker. I have since applied and have found work through swim recruiters, who are aptly named because they blow these people out of the water! I would never recommend these people, nor do business with them in the future. (If they survive.)
Pros
gives you an appropriation for better companies
Cons
doing business with them
Speedy and reliable temp service
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 12, 2013
Over the past couple years since my time in kitchener express has been one of the more reliable temp agencies I've had the chance to work with. They usually returned my calls for a placement very quickly and found employment suitable to my experience.
Pros
quick placement time, polite and friendly staff, well organized
Cons
lack of consistency, low wages, too many short term assignments
Production and working enviroment
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 31, 2014
The working environment is ok.
I have learned the different machine and its purpose.
Management overall is just standard
The hardest part of the jobs is working with difficult people
The most enjoyable is when every workers work as a team
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not enough hours
Recommended Job agency
General Labor Temp (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Express Employment Professionals, located at the Etobicoke, Toronto site has an excellent staff that provides support to all of its temp workers, even after hours. They take into account what your preferences are when you're looking for work and are very understanding people.
Pros
always work for anyone
Cons
permanent positions in job contract few inbetween
Express Employment- Burlington- Great Staff and Mangement Team
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Bronte , ONJuly 10, 2014
I was on a rotating shift which could be 7-3,3-11 or 11-7, I was assigned to a certain shift. I learned how to manufacture plastic containers and also applying the print for different companies plastic containers. I learned how to work a variety of different manufacturing equipment and as well quality control. I learned a lot from my different co-workers and thrived working in a general labour position. The hardest part of the job was when a machine was down, but I quickly learned how to spot and fix problems with my co-workers. I really enjoyed being part of the team and always learning new skills, and I was quickly known as the girl who could lift heavy items.
Pros
i was attached to a certain shift, with the same co-workers, and i really enjoyed shiftwork.
Cons
to be honest, i really enjoyed the work opportunites, no complaints
Another "Job Agency" Interested in Increasing Clientele Inventory List...
They didnt send me to any interviews! (Former Employee) –  Hamilton,ONJune 3, 2012
Just as the title suggests, they register you to increase their client inventory list and then you never hear from them again. How these agencies stay open is beyond me. There must be an association to complain to in order to shut their doors down. Pathetic.
Pros
none.
Cons
too many to list...
Temp work
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 28, 2015
Well this was just a temp placement agency, they cater to just various places.. So they good if your wishing a quick and dirty way to get a job.

Express Employment Professionals Reviews by Location