Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews in Canada

Outdated, Ignorant, Poor Skills, and Poor Management
none, as I found better (Former Employee) –  CloverdaleNovember 5, 2012
This company has a poor attitude and has poor management. I applied at the Cloverdale location. They are out dated, ignorant of the ooutside world, and the one woman I saw seemed to hate working there. I have a feeling they are coasting until retirement, and not really trying to do their job anymore. They do not know how to treat prospective clientele, which is their money maker. I have since applied and have found work through swim recruiters, who are aptly named because they blow these people out of the water! I would never recommend these people, nor do business with them in the future. (If they survive.)
Pros
gives you an appropriation for better companies
Cons
doing business with them
Love the employees i worked with
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 11, 2014
The entire management was very adequate and prompt in solving matters within company obligations.
Pros
long hours driving
Cons
scheduling
Temporary Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2013
My assignment was great while they appreciated Temporary workers but then new management came in and things changed. They no longer wanted temporary workers.

The Co-workers really appreciated me/I enjoyed working with them

The hardest part of the job for me was not having the speed I needed to meet the deadlines. My accuracy in testing at Express was 90% but speed was about 35 wpm. In bookkeeping I never had to worry about speed because accuracy is very important.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was working with my co-workers. I'm not sure, however, if temporary work is for me.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not knowing when your next job will be or how long it will last is very difficult.
It's a temp agency, kept me employeed, kept me busy.
temp (Former Employee) –  oshawaMay 5, 2015
Working as intended. It's a temp agency what do you expect. You work various jobs, try to find permanent work and keep the money flowing.
Pros
I was never really out of work
Cons
its a temp agency
Short term work without job security and pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  BurnabyAugust 31, 2014
This was a entry level head hunter that had good management but only focus on short term employment for employees. They are very good at what they do but for someone looking for more long term employment opportunities they were less rounded out in that direction. Very good people very professional and very helpful for and employee starting out and needing to gain experience.
Pros
good management, professional
Fun Place to work
Ensign Canadian Drilling Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,ABMarch 26, 2015
Did not work directly with anyone at this company as they are a placement company.

great coworkers
very good manangement
Pros
get you out to work quickly
Cons
never know from week to week what is happeniung with your job
Express Employment- Burlington- Great Staff and Mangement Team
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Bronte , ONJuly 10, 2014
I was on a rotating shift which could be 7-3,3-11 or 11-7, I was assigned to a certain shift. I learned how to manufacture plastic containers and also applying the print for different companies plastic containers. I learned how to work a variety of different manufacturing equipment and as well quality control. I learned a lot from my different co-workers and thrived working in a general labour position. The hardest part of the job was when a machine was down, but I quickly learned how to spot and fix problems with my co-workers. I really enjoyed being part of the team and always learning new skills, and I was quickly known as the girl who could lift heavy items.
Pros
i was attached to a certain shift, with the same co-workers, and i really enjoyed shiftwork.
Cons
to be honest, i really enjoyed the work opportunites, no complaints
An agency that empowers skilled professional workers.
Accounts Payable/Administrative (Current Employee) –  GTAMarch 26, 2015
I find that whenever I have a question or need help from the staff at Express Employment Professionals that they always meet or exceed my expectations. They are all a friendly and are an easy team to work with.
Micro Managed - Not a great place to sell for
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
As an Account Manager you are expected not to "hit the road" first thing in the morning. You have to attend a short meeting at 8:45. Then you have to make calls for about 2 hours, after which you have to do cold calling. You're expected to set up meetings, conduct the meetings, provide RFQs, then sign up the new clients. You have to return by about 3:00 to enter your daily contacts. Then you have a 4:45 meeting.

You have to form a schedule for yourself and if you're running into traffic or more than 2 meetings you then can't complete your routine. The franchisee never gave proper training on how to do a proper RFQ or a contract.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, finished at 5:00 on the button or slightly later
Cons
poor training, micro managed
Nice people
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 16, 2015
Good for casual work. They actually try to fit you to somewhere suitable for your skills. They can provide a range of opportunities.
Okay job
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ONJanuary 21, 2015
it was an okay job to work for, they sent you to not so bad jobs but once you get hurt they don't help you... I was at a job and I cut the tip of my finger off (the pad of my index finger) and they didn't send anything to the labour board and when I called to see if my claim was sent they didn't have anything with my name.
Pros
sometimes drives checks to you, friendly staff
Cons
unrealiable
temp service work
temp emploment (Former Employee) –  kelowna bcApril 7, 2015
Very good quick placment for work .Placed in different work places.Proper notice for work placement for next day . Recived pay cheques every two weeks with correct amounts.
Pros
part time work
Cons
not enough work
Excellent people working hard to find temp employment
Temp Job Placement- H&H Manu- 1mnth Contract (Former Employee) –  Burlington, onFebruary 17, 2015
The people at Express are very hard working individuals that try very hard to keep their people and clients happy. The reps from Express were friendly yet very professional and went the extra mile in many cases.
Production and working enviroment
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 31, 2014
The working environment is ok.
I have learned the different machine and its purpose.
Management overall is just standard
The hardest part of the jobs is working with difficult people
The most enjoyable is when every workers work as a team
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not enough hours
Wonderful work environment at the COE Law Branch
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Downtown EdmontonFebruary 18, 2014
Originally, this was a 2-month temporary assignment with the City of Edmonton Law Branch, which got extended into 3 months (the maximum allowed by the union).

I learned how to enter data to open a file in iVos (data base) and modifying it as needed. Also created the physical files to match.
Provided relief to receptionist as needed. Co-workers were a great bunch to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to improve the condition of the files in Expropriation. I also like the project I did to organize all the information a lawyer had on the Downtown Arena.

The hardest part of the job was finding enough work to do, especially the first month. The second and the third month I started to work on the Expropriation files.

Part of the time, we had a rush job for photocopying 8 or 9 copies of documents. Other scanning and photocopying as needed.
Pros
flexible hours: 8 to 4 became 7:30 to 3:30 with 1/2 hour lunch
Cons
that i had to leave after 3 months
great place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 10, 2015
new places to work after contract expired, new skills to add to my resume.

the express employment is a great place to find work suitable to my skills.
Temp work
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 28, 2015
Well this was just a temp placement agency, they cater to just various places.. So they good if your wishing a quick and dirty way to get a job.
easy going manager
Labourer, driver, blue collar jobs (Former Employee) –  edmonton abJune 2, 2013
I can' t give you a great review cause they usually phoned me at home when they had work for me. But I was never out of work for more than a week, so that' s good for me. June 2012 though, some people they hired at that time were judgemental, not very helpful to get me a job, judgemental, discriminate, racist, all I know is some of the people there were very helpful (they have been there for a long time, the manager is really good with every one that walked in looking for job placement others were just collecting a paycheck.
Pros
holidays were paid for, canada day etc easter
Cons
overall good
Don't waste your time
Client (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 7, 2012
I registered with Express months ago. Since then, they have put me forward for 1 job. That's it. Even then, I didn't get the job and the company it was with did not have a telephone number (sketchy, I know) so I rang Express and asked my advisor if he could find out why I didn't get the job. That was about 1/2 months ago and I still have not heard back from him.

They are the WORST temporary job agency going. All they want is to increase their numbers, they have no interest in helping you at all. If you're hoping to find a job, don't waste your time with them, go somewhere else!
Georgetown, Ontario
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  ABM Canada, Former employeeAugust 17, 2012
I enjoyed working with Express Professional in Georgetown, Ontario.

My previous placement didn't work out for various reason this was not there fault comes on fauly of the employer not having proper training. Should Express Pros ever have another placement for me again sure why not much better than most other employement agencies out there today.

I want to say thanks for job well done sorry the placement didn't work out something better off.
Pros
execellent professional service
Cons
na