Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

Good stepping stone in between employment
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Lowermainland, BC21 November 2015
Provided me work in different warehouses, while searching for full time employment. All were fun work places with great people, and opportunity to advance my skills. Not much to tell as I just helped companies/ and their employees during their peak.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
not having work when I was no longer needed.
Allerion
Oilfield Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 October 2014
On any given day we are required to enter industrial crude tanks and clean them out. we work At Shell Canada Sarnia Refinery with Allerion oilfield services. My co workers and I get along very well, but we all have a mutual distrust in the management side of thing after various incidences. The job can be extremely physically demanding, sometimes the product in the tank can be as hard as asphalt, removing it can be very long slow process. We must be under fresh air apparatus due to possible gas leak or exposure. To be quite honest the best part of this job other than thew crew we have
(A-team) is going home at the end of the day
Pros
learned some valuable skills and friends(co-workers)
Cons
poor management, poor organization, lack of leadership, low pay
Outdated, Ignorant, Poor Skills, and Poor Management
none, as I found better (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale5 November 2012
This company has a poor attitude and has poor management. I applied at the Cloverdale location. They are out dated, ignorant of the ooutside world, and the one woman I saw seemed to hate working there. I have a feeling they are coasting until retirement, and not really trying to do their job anymore. They do not know how to treat prospective clientele, which is their money maker. I have since applied and have found work through swim recruiters, who are aptly named because they blow these people out of the water! I would never recommend these people, nor do business with them in the future. (If they survive.)
Pros
gives you an appropriation for better companies
Cons
doing business with them
Temporary Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2013
My assignment was great while they appreciated Temporary workers but then new management came in and things changed. They no longer wanted temporary workers.

The Co-workers really appreciated me/I enjoyed working with them

The hardest part of the job for me was not having the speed I needed to meet the deadlines. My accuracy in testing at Express was 90% but speed was about 35 wpm. In bookkeeping I never had to worry about speed because accuracy is very important.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was working with my co-workers. I'm not sure, however, if temporary work is for me.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not knowing when your next job will be or how long it will last is very difficult.
Dismantler Operator
Dismantler Operator, Feeder Machine (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 December 2015
If you can work there's work but if you have to run machine that worn out and the blades brakeing and sliding across floor left right way too dangerous?
contract position only
P/T AP Clerk/Casual-on call Cook (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 December 2015
I learned a new accounting software from the company I was assigned. The accounting manager was helpful enough to trained me. I enjoy working in that company (Peoples Drug Store) which I was assigned.
good place to work nice people and good managment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 February 2015
was threw a temp service my typical day was 12 hour shifts at Ropak assemble line for plastic products I gained many good qualities from this last job learned to work in a fast pasted workplace. learned to work in teams and problem solve quickly and efficiently. got experience in packing products and shipping and handling.
Pros
good inverment and people
Cons
long hours 12 hour roating shifts
Bad Times as a temp
Machine Operator, General Labouror (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 May 2015
A typical work day was varied from checking holes with a rod for 8 hours to cleaning and working machines.
I learned what a production line process was like in regards to efficiency and ensuring products are to standard. The management and co-workers varied from job to job however the overall impression i received from them was negative. Working with other temps was often grueling due to the pesamstic attitude they gave off about the job, and the management would often not treat the other temps with much better moods. The hardest part about the job to me was being able to prove that I was more then capable of the job to the point where I would gain a full time position in the company. Every job from the temp agency was extremely repeative and often thoroughly understood after a couple hours of work. This made proving efficiency and worth to the management difficult because I personally thought most people would be able to do the jobs that we as temps were givin. There were good parts of the job too. There were some nice people that I spent time with and had the experience of seeing what a variety of work places were like.
Cons
Promise of jobs after 3 months yet I never once received one
Lots of different jobs, learning new skills.
general labour (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 November 2015
Lots of different jobs, week to week, nothing consistent.Staff are very friendly and only look to set you up with the job that's right for you.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Okay place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,AB26 September 2015
The hours were very inconsistant and a lot of waiting for a call in,The management was very helpful and worked to get you the hours in.
Express Employment- Burlington- Great Staff and Mangement Team
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Bronte , ON10 July 2014
I was on a rotating shift which could be 7-3,3-11 or 11-7, I was assigned to a certain shift. I learned how to manufacture plastic containers and also applying the print for different companies plastic containers. I learned how to work a variety of different manufacturing equipment and as well quality control. I learned a lot from my different co-workers and thrived working in a general labour position. The hardest part of the job was when a machine was down, but I quickly learned how to spot and fix problems with my co-workers. I really enjoyed being part of the team and always learning new skills, and I was quickly known as the girl who could lift heavy items.
Pros
I was attached to a certain shift, with the same co-workers, and I really enjoyed shiftwork.
Cons
To be honest, I really enjoyed the work opportunites, no complaints
Love the employees i worked with
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND11 September 2014
The entire management was very adequate and prompt in solving matters within company obligations.
Pros
Long hours driving
Cons
Scheduling
Short term work without job security and pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Burnaby31 August 2014
This was a entry level head hunter that had good management but only focus on short term employment for employees. They are very good at what they do but for someone looking for more long term employment opportunities they were less rounded out in that direction. Very good people very professional and very helpful for and employee starting out and needing to gain experience.
Pros
Good Management, Professional
Micro Managed - Not a great place to sell for
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2014
As an Account Manager you are expected not to "hit the road" first thing in the morning. You have to attend a short meeting at 8:45. Then you have to make calls for about 2 hours, after which you have to do cold calling. You're expected to set up meetings, conduct the meetings, provide RFQs, then sign up the new clients. You have to return by about 3:00 to enter your daily contacts. Then you have a 4:45 meeting.

You have to form a schedule for yourself and if you're running into traffic or more than 2 meetings you then can't complete your routine. The franchisee never gave proper training on how to do a proper RFQ or a contract.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, finished at 5:00 on the button or slightly later
Cons
poor training, micro managed
great help with work
general labour (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 November 2015
They helped with getting great jobs and helped with my learning of employment job places and how to work well with others.
Wonderful work environment at the COE Law Branch
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Downtown Edmonton18 February 2014
Originally, this was a 2-month temporary assignment with the City of Edmonton Law Branch, which got extended into 3 months (the maximum allowed by the union).

I learned how to enter data to open a file in iVos (data base) and modifying it as needed. Also created the physical files to match.
Provided relief to receptionist as needed. Co-workers were a great bunch to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to improve the condition of the files in Expropriation. I also like the project I did to organize all the information a lawyer had on the Downtown Arena.

The hardest part of the job was finding enough work to do, especially the first month. The second and the third month I started to work on the Expropriation files.

Part of the time, we had a rush job for photocopying 8 or 9 copies of documents. Other scanning and photocopying as needed.
Pros
Flexible hours: 8 to 4 became 7:30 to 3:30 with 1/2 hour lunch
Cons
that I had to leave after 3 months
effective and fun workplace
General Labour, (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON25 October 2015
I loved working at the warehouse. They were very friendly there and very understanding. we would have fun on the job and get our work done effectively.
Don't waste your time
Client (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 July 2012
I registered with Express months ago. Since then, they have put me forward for 1 job. That's it. Even then, I didn't get the job and the company it was with did not have a telephone number (sketchy, I know) so I rang Express and asked my advisor if he could find out why I didn't get the job. That was about 1/2 months ago and I still have not heard back from him.

They are the WORST temporary job agency going. All they want is to increase their numbers, they have no interest in helping you at all. If you're hoping to find a job, don't waste your time with them, go somewhere else!
easy going manager
Labourer, driver, blue collar jobs (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab 2 June 2013
I can' t give you a great review cause they usually phoned me at home when they had work for me. But I was never out of work for more than a week, so that' s good for me. June 2012 though, some people they hired at that time were judgemental, not very helpful to get me a job, judgemental, discriminate, racist, all I know is some of the people there were very helpful (they have been there for a long time, the manager is really good with every one that walked in looking for job placement others were just collecting a paycheck.
Pros
holidays were paid for, Canada day etc easter
Cons
overall good
Staffing Agency.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2015
It is a staffing agency and i had an okay experience with the agency. Learned a bit about shipping and receiving and auto parts with my time there.