Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

good staff and easily learned job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 July 2015
express is a great company for finding you work fast and trying to find a job within your wants and needs and hours . Pay was standard and hours were good as well, great work environment and always understanding in certain situations.
Pros
temporary to full time
Cons
pay per hour and only 1 break a day which wasnt allowed to be split up
Temp Agency
Temporary Assembly Line Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2016
Have had continuous work through the temp agency but nothing that has turned into a permanent position, which is what I am looking for.
Dismantler Operator
Dismantler Operator, Feeder Machine (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 December 2015
If you can work there's work but if you have to run machine that worn out and the blades brakeing and sliding across floor left right way too dangerous?
Lots of different jobs, learning new skills.
general labour (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 November 2015
Lots of different jobs, week to week, nothing consistent.Staff are very friendly and only look to set you up with the job that's right for you.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Poor Workplaces, Worse Comunication
Temporary warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2015
as per company rules, when an employee has a problem with the staff at a job posting, you are to take it up with your immediate supervisor

i did, and both times i was 'let go' simply because i was a temp
the agency did not bother to ask my side of any story, and simply decided to not try to find me another job

no communication between the Express and the employee
good place to work nice people and good managment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 February 2015
was threw a temp service my typical day was 12 hour shifts at Ropak assemble line for plastic products I gained many good qualities from this last job learned to work in a fast pasted workplace. learned to work in teams and problem solve quickly and efficiently. got experience in packing products and shipping and handling.
Pros
good inverment and people
Cons
long hours 12 hour roating shifts
Allerion
Oilfield Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 October 2014
On any given day we are required to enter industrial crude tanks and clean them out. we work At Shell Canada Sarnia Refinery with Allerion oilfield services. My co workers and I get along very well, but we all have a mutual distrust in the management side of thing after various incidences. The job can be extremely physically demanding, sometimes the product in the tank can be as hard as asphalt, removing it can be very long slow process. We must be under fresh air apparatus due to possible gas leak or exposure. To be quite honest the best part of this job other than thew crew we have
(A-team) is going home at the end of the day
Pros
learned some valuable skills and friends(co-workers)
Cons
poor management, poor organization, lack of leadership, low pay
Short term work without job security and pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Burnaby31 August 2014
This was a entry level head hunter that had good management but only focus on short term employment for employees. They are very good at what they do but for someone looking for more long term employment opportunities they were less rounded out in that direction. Very good people very professional and very helpful for and employee starting out and needing to gain experience.
Pros
Good Management, Professional
Temporary Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2013
My assignment was great while they appreciated Temporary workers but then new management came in and things changed. They no longer wanted temporary workers.

The Co-workers really appreciated me/I enjoyed working with them

The hardest part of the job for me was not having the speed I needed to meet the deadlines. My accuracy in testing at Express was 90% but speed was about 35 wpm. In bookkeeping I never had to worry about speed because accuracy is very important.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was working with my co-workers. I'm not sure, however, if temporary work is for me.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not knowing when your next job will be or how long it will last is very difficult.
Don't waste your time
Client (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 July 2012
I registered with Express months ago. Since then, they have put me forward for 1 job. That's it. Even then, I didn't get the job and the company it was with did not have a telephone number (sketchy, I know) so I rang Express and asked my advisor if he could find out why I didn't get the job. That was about 1/2 months ago and I still have not heard back from him.

They are the WORST temporary job agency going. All they want is to increase their numbers, they have no interest in helping you at all. If you're hoping to find a job, don't waste your time with them, go somewhere else!
Georgetown, Ontario
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  ABM Canada, Former employee17 August 2012
I enjoyed working with Express Professional in Georgetown, Ontario.

My previous placement didn't work out for various reason this was not there fault comes on fauly of the employer not having proper training. Should Express Pros ever have another placement for me again sure why not much better than most other employement agencies out there today.

I want to say thanks for job well done sorry the placement didn't work out something better off.
Pros
execellent professional service
Cons
na
easy going manager
Labourer, driver, blue collar jobs (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab 2 June 2013
I can' t give you a great review cause they usually phoned me at home when they had work for me. But I was never out of work for more than a week, so that' s good for me. June 2012 though, some people they hired at that time were judgemental, not very helpful to get me a job, judgemental, discriminate, racist, all I know is some of the people there were very helpful (they have been there for a long time, the manager is really good with every one that walked in looking for job placement others were just collecting a paycheck.
Pros
holidays were paid for, Canada day etc easter
Cons
overall good
Outdated, Ignorant, Poor Skills, and Poor Management
none, as I found better (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale5 November 2012
This company has a poor attitude and has poor management. I applied at the Cloverdale location. They are out dated, ignorant of the ooutside world, and the one woman I saw seemed to hate working there. I have a feeling they are coasting until retirement, and not really trying to do their job anymore. They do not know how to treat prospective clientele, which is their money maker. I have since applied and have found work through swim recruiters, who are aptly named because they blow these people out of the water! I would never recommend these people, nor do business with them in the future. (If they survive.)
Pros
gives you an appropriation for better companies
Cons
doing business with them
Micro Managed - Not a great place to sell for
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2014
As an Account Manager you are expected not to "hit the road" first thing in the morning. You have to attend a short meeting at 8:45. Then you have to make calls for about 2 hours, after which you have to do cold calling. You're expected to set up meetings, conduct the meetings, provide RFQs, then sign up the new clients. You have to return by about 3:00 to enter your daily contacts. Then you have a 4:45 meeting.

You have to form a schedule for yourself and if you're running into traffic or more than 2 meetings you then can't complete your routine. The franchisee never gave proper training on how to do a proper RFQ or a contract.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, finished at 5:00 on the button or slightly later
Cons
poor training, micro managed
Recruiter keeps me up to date with job opportunities
School Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elementary school on call7 May 2014
I have been placed in a vacation cover job as an Admin Assist for approx 2 weeks and at various elementary schools in the area as school secretary to cover absenteeism. Each time out I learn something new and update my skills as an admin. especially with email and simply accounting.
Pros
Temporary positions - if not a good match
Cons
Temporary positions - nothing permanent
jobs are few
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 March 2014
only have a select places to work ,lets say if they dont like you (where you where sent to work) the client will call express and say dont send back

Worked for one place for over 600 hours was supposed to get hired but company said i was not a good fit for the job but some of the mangers and other workers there liked me and liked my work ethic
Pros
you will get called to go to a few jobs
Cons
not enough hours given during the week
Speedy and reliable temp service
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 April 2013
Over the past couple years since my time in kitchener express has been one of the more reliable temp agencies I've had the chance to work with. They usually returned my calls for a placement very quickly and found employment suitable to my experience.
Pros
quick placement time, polite and friendly staff, well organized
Cons
lack of consistency, low wages, too many short term assignments
Okay job
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON21 January 2015
it was an okay job to work for, they sent you to not so bad jobs but once you get hurt they don't help you... I was at a job and I cut the tip of my finger off (the pad of my index finger) and they didn't send anything to the labour board and when I called to see if my claim was sent they didn't have anything with my name.
Pros
sometimes drives checks to you, friendly staff
Cons
unrealiable
Recommended Job agency
General Labor Temp (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2014
Express Employment Professionals, located at the Etobicoke, Toronto site has an excellent staff that provides support to all of its temp workers, even after hours. They take into account what your preferences are when you're looking for work and are very understanding people.
Pros
Always work for anyone
Cons
Permanent positions in job contract few inbetween
A busy job where no two days are the same
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer12 August 2015
This was a busy location filled with phone calls, interviews, and job connections.
Everyday I would be learning more about different people, different careers, and various companies.
Pros
Networking

Express Employment Professionals Reviews by Location