Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews in Canada

Temp Agency
Temporary Assembly Line Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Have had continuous work through the temp agency but nothing that has turned into a permanent position, which is what I am looking for.
My Experiences
Packer/ assembler/ machiner operator (Former Employee) –  Durham Region / TorontoJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work for me is to be alert , on time ,willing to work safe with the ability to learn new jobs with a smile.

What I have learned about my experiences is working well with others and able to set-up machines for start up and shut down methods including management rolls and repairs for production lines.

The hardest part of the job that I had in the past was not difficult because if I had any concerns or question I would just ask for help. so I didn't really find any problems with anything, I was always ready and willing to learn.

The most enjoyable is a friendly environment and a opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
unsafe and hostile environment
Dismantler Operator
Dismantler Operator, Feeder Machine (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONDecember 21, 2015
If you can work there's work but if you have to run machine that worn out and the blades brakeing and sliding across floor left right way too dangerous?
contract position only
P/T AP Clerk/Casual-on call Cook (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 2, 2015
I learned a new accounting software from the company I was assigned. The accounting manager was helpful enough to trained me. I enjoy working in that company (Peoples Drug Store) which I was assigned.
Lots of different jobs, learning new skills.
general labour (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 23, 2015
Lots of different jobs, week to week, nothing consistent.Staff are very friendly and only look to set you up with the job that's right for you.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Okay place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,ABSeptember 26, 2015
The hours were very inconsistant and a lot of waiting for a call in,The management was very helpful and worked to get you the hours in.
great help with work
general labour (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 4, 2015
They helped with getting great jobs and helped with my learning of employment job places and how to work well with others.
effective and fun workplace
General Labour, (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONOctober 25, 2015
I loved working at the warehouse. They were very friendly there and very understanding. we would have fun on the job and get our work done effectively.
Staffing Agency.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 20, 2015
It is a staffing agency and i had an okay experience with the agency. Learned a bit about shipping and receiving and auto parts with my time there.
Productive and busy work place
Temp assignments to various companies (Former Employee) –  Eddmonton, ABAugust 31, 2012
Building orders, repetitive manual wrapping skids
Learned how to meet deadlines
Good management but bad at supervisory level
Team work
Long hours standing in one place/position
Good pay, competitive benefits.
good staff and easily learned job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 27, 2015
express is a great company for finding you work fast and trying to find a job within your wants and needs and hours . Pay was standard and hours were good as well, great work environment and always understanding in certain situations.
Pros
temporary to full time
Cons
pay per hour and only 1 break a day which wasnt allowed to be split up
Bad Times as a temp
Machine Operator, General Labouror (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 7, 2015
A typical work day was varied from checking holes with a rod for 8 hours to cleaning and working machines.
I learned what a production line process was like in regards to efficiency and ensuring products are to standard. The management and co-workers varied from job to job however the overall impression i received from them was negative. Working with other temps was often grueling due to the pesamstic attitude they gave off about the job, and the management would often not treat the other temps with much better moods. The hardest part about the job to me was being able to prove that I was more then capable of the job to the point where I would gain a full time position in the company. Every job from the temp agency was extremely repeative and often thoroughly understood after a couple hours of work. This made proving efficiency and worth to the management difficult because I personally thought most people would be able to do the jobs that we as temps were givin. There were good parts of the job too. There were some nice people that I spent time with and had the experience of seeing what a variety of work places were like.
Cons
Promise of jobs after 3 months yet I never once received one
ExpressPros found employment quickly....
Customer Service at job they found for me (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 19, 2013
I applied to ExpressPros in the hope they would find employment for me ... and they did!

I would recommend this hiring agency to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
find employment quickly....
Cons
no benefits
Job Agency that gave many work opportunities
Temp (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 30, 2015
During my time at this agency, I have noticed that they were very professional and always on top of things. They regularly contacted me for placements to work at factories or construction jobs.
good place to work nice people and good managment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 9, 2015
was threw a temp service my typical day was 12 hour shifts at Ropak assemble line for plastic products I gained many good qualities from this last job learned to work in a fast pasted workplace. learned to work in teams and problem solve quickly and efficiently. got experience in packing products and shipping and handling.
Pros
good inverment and people
Cons
long hours 12 hour roating shifts
Production Assembler
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONMarch 31, 2015
Machine Operator: welded small automotive parts.
I learned how to pace myself better to hit the production number .
The management is ok . The co- workers some are nice and some are rude. The hardest part is repetitive and the enjoying part is there is none.
Pros
Free doughnuts working overtime
Cons
Weld smoke
Allerion
Oilfield Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONOctober 16, 2014
On any given day we are required to enter industrial crude tanks and clean them out. we work At Shell Canada Sarnia Refinery with Allerion oilfield services. My co workers and I get along very well, but we all have a mutual distrust in the management side of thing after various incidences. The job can be extremely physically demanding, sometimes the product in the tank can be as hard as asphalt, removing it can be very long slow process. We must be under fresh air apparatus due to possible gas leak or exposure. To be quite honest the best part of this job other than thew crew we have
(A-team) is going home at the end of the day
Pros
learned some valuable skills and friends(co-workers)
Cons
poor management, poor organization, lack of leadership, low pay
Poor Workplaces, Worse Comunication
Temporary warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 1, 2015
as per company rules, when an employee has a problem with the staff at a job posting, you are to take it up with your immediate supervisor

i did, and both times i was 'let go' simply because i was a temp
the agency did not bother to ask my side of any story, and simply decided to not try to find me another job

no communication between the Express and the employee
It's a temp agency, kept me employeed, kept me busy.
temp (Former Employee) –  oshawaMay 5, 2015
Working as intended. It's a temp agency what do you expect. You work various jobs, try to find permanent work and keep the money flowing.
Pros
I was never really out of work
Cons
its a temp agency
Love the employees i worked with
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 11, 2014
The entire management was very adequate and prompt in solving matters within company obligations.
Pros
long hours driving
Cons
scheduling