Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy, fast-paced
Enbridge (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: hours of work
Cons: long drive
Nice people
Great clients
Putting procedures into place.
Comfortable office and Working conditions
A great place to learn
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONJune 16, 2014
Always great for training. Employee incentives were good. Clean and fun atmosphere.
Micro Managed - Not a great place to sell for
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, finished at 5:00 on the button or slightly later
Cons: poor training, micro managed
As an Account Manager you are expected not to "hit the road" first thing in the morning. You have to attend a short meeting at 8:45. Then you have to make calls for about 2 hours, after which you have to do cold calling. You're expected to set up meetings, conduct the meetings, provide RFQs, then sign up the new clients. You have to return by about 3:00 to enter your daily contacts. Then you have a 4:45 meeting.

You have to form a schedule for yourself and if you're running into traffic or more than 2 meetings you then can't complete your routine. The franchisee never gave proper training on how to do a proper RFQ or a contract.
Facinating place to work, great scope for networking!
Temorary Receptionist (Current Employee), variousMarch 17, 2014
Always learning new things and meeting great new people through temp work.
jobs are few
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: you will get called to go to a few jobs
Cons: not enough hours given during the week
only have a select places to work ,lets say if they dont like you (where you where sent to work) the client will call express and say dont send back

Worked for one place for over 600 hours was supposed to get hired but company said i was not a good fit for the job but some of the mangers and other workers there liked me and liked my work ethic
Wonderful work environment at the COE Law Branch
Clerk II (Former Employee), Downtown EdmontonFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours: 8 to 4 became 7:30 to 3:30 with 1/2 hour lunch
Cons: that i had to leave after 3 months
Originally, this was a 2-month temporary assignment with the City of Edmonton Law Branch, which got extended into 3 months (the maximum allowed by the union).

I learned how to enter data to open a file in iVos (data base) and modifying it as needed. Also created the physical files to match.
Provided relief to receptionist as needed. Co-workers were a great bunch to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to improve the condition of the files in Expropriation. I also like the project I did to organize all the information a lawyer had on the Downtown Arena.

The hardest part of the job was finding enough work to do, especially the first month. The second and the third month I started to work on the Expropriation files.

Part of the time, we had a rush job for photocopying 8 or 9 copies of documents. Other scanning and photocopying as needed.
Recommended Job agency
General Labor Temp (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: always work for anyone
Cons: permanent positions in job contract few inbetween
Express Employment Professionals, located at the Etobicoke, Toronto site has an excellent staff that provides support to all of its temp workers, even after hours. They take into account what your preferences are when you're looking for work and are very understanding people.
Most places for fun to work at
Laborer (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: new experiences
Cons: no chance for hire on
I learned alot at all my placements that will help me in other placements in the future. The hardest part of all my jobs through the agency was knowing it was through an agency and knowing it wa always just temporary
casual secretary
On-Call School Secretary (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Express is a fairly good company to work for but due to the fact that I was on-call, not too calls came in.
Was a great place to work with
Forklift Operator/ Picker (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 3, 2013
Was a very nice place to work for, they always asked how your day was. The place was a placement agency, i think they are all basicly the same.
American approach.
Business Developer / Associate (Current Employee), Cloverdale, BC, CanadaOctober 29, 2013
It's been interesting to get a peek inside an American staffing company. There is something to be learned from their approach to sales.
temp agency
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2013
It helped me be place at Acklands and it has the same points as I put down for Acklands.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Maple, ONJuly 30, 2013
The workplace is very friendly and comfortable environment, where I continue to learn everyday in order to further advance myself within the company.
interested but different in a good way
Customer Service\Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2013
Pros: a variety of jobs to choose from
Cons: temp work unstable not sure from day to day
The people are really nice there
I can say haven't had to really wait to work
Good People to Work For
A/R Clerk, Receptionist, Parts Person (Current Employee), EdmontonJune 5, 2013
Pros: easy to talk to
I enjoy working with this agency they try to get placement for me.
easy going manager
Labourer, driver, blue collar jobs (Former Employee), edmonton abJune 2, 2013
Pros: holidays were paid for, canada day etc easter
Cons: overall good
I can' t give you a great review cause they usually phoned me at home when they had work for me. But I was never out of work for more than a week, so that' s good for me. June 2012 though, some people they hired at that time were judgemental, not very helpful to get me a job, judgemental, discriminate, racist, all I know is some of the people there were very helpful (they have been there for a long time, the manager is really good with every one that walked in looking for job placement others were just collecting a paycheck.
headhunter games
candidate (Former Employee), HamiltonMay 13, 2013
The agent I dealt with kept changing her story as to how much competition I would have when I was presented for an opportunity. While you should take whatever you hear from a headhunter from a grain of salt, it is pretty bad when they tell you something that contradicts what they told you before!
Speedy and reliable temp service
General Labourer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 12, 2013
Pros: quick placement time, polite and friendly staff, well organized
Cons: lack of consistency, low wages, too many short term assignments
Over the past couple years since my time in kitchener express has been one of the more reliable temp agencies I've had the chance to work with. They usually returned my calls for a placement very quickly and found employment suitable to my experience.
just a fun work place
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 8, 2013
Pros: having fun while working and liking your job
Cons: long hours
i learned that working with others is like maintaining you car if you don't get the oil and brakes done they with fail or you motor will brake .
Gaining experience good for your resume
General Labourer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2013
I get to work with very dedicated hardworking people who for the life of me are day in and out giving their very best towards making the company meet its goals. Need to create long terms spots for employees.

About Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers – Read more

Express Employment Professionals Photos