Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 25, 2016
i have already filled out one for express employment not sure why your site is asking for is again... semi confused but I must write something in this box to proceed sorry
A busy job where no two days are the same
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red DeerAugust 12, 2015
This was a busy location filled with phone calls, interviews, and job connections.
Everyday I would be learning more about different people, different careers, and various companies.
Pros
Networking
contract work
Petrolia - Labourer (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ONFebruary 2, 2016
this is a contract work company with temp employment, unable to get full time work, once hrs r completed you are let go and can not work at this company again for 12 months min. hard to get a permanent position
Pros
close to home
Cons
temp employment
great company
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
This recruitment agency has a great team of individuals that are willing to go an extra mile, not only to find you a position of employment but one that suits you. I found the staff at the Edmonton locations to be very helpful and friendly and willing to listen to any questions or concerns you may have about any employer.
Regular work placement
Various Temporary Term Placements (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONMarch 11, 2016
it was what you would expect from a placement agency, working all over the place in various environments. It was nice seeing different workplaces
My Experiences
Packer/ assembler/ machiner operator (Former Employee) –  Durham Region / TorontoJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work for me is to be alert , on time ,willing to work safe with the ability to learn new jobs with a smile.

What I have learned about my experiences is working well with others and able to set-up machines for start up and shut down methods including management rolls and repairs for production lines.

The hardest part of the job that I had in the past was not difficult because if I had any concerns or question I would just ask for help. so I didn't really find any problems with anything, I was always ready and willing to learn.

The most enjoyable is a friendly environment and a opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
unsafe and hostile environment
Temp Agency
Temporary Assembly Line Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Have had continuous work through the temp agency but nothing that has turned into a permanent position, which is what I am looking for.
Productive and busy work place
Temp assignments to various companies (Former Employee) –  Eddmonton, ABAugust 31, 2012
Building orders, repetitive manual wrapping skids
Learned how to meet deadlines
Good management but bad at supervisory level
Team work
Long hours standing in one place/position
Good pay, competitive benefits.
Good stepping stone in between employment
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Lowermainland, BCNovember 21, 2015
Provided me work in different warehouses, while searching for full time employment. All were fun work places with great people, and opportunity to advance my skills. Not much to tell as I just helped companies/ and their employees during their peak.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
not having work when I was no longer needed.
great place !
part time employee (Current Employee) –  Burlington, OntarioSeptember 2, 2015
I showed up and unexpectantly had to do a few test papers on math and whmis and so fourth. Very easy though. Met with a lady who finds the placements for you and she was very understanding about needing a flexible schedule. I told her my availability and that I wasn't interested in any warehouses,assembly lines or anything of that nature. By the end of the week I had several jobs lined up at banquet centre's. $14+ an hour + gratuity all within 15-20min drive. Perfect for part time work when you're also on college. Everything works great around my schedule and I can easily choose which shifts I want or not. People on the same jobs as you are also willing to carpool to save money. Overall the staff at Burlington location are above and beyond friendly. I'd recommend to anyone who is in school and wants some extra money!
Pros
flexible schedule
Okay place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,ABSeptember 26, 2015
The hours were very inconsistant and a lot of waiting for a call in,The management was very helpful and worked to get you the hours in.
Dismantler Operator
Dismantler Operator, Feeder Machine (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONDecember 21, 2015
If you can work there's work but if you have to run machine that worn out and the blades brakeing and sliding across floor left right way too dangerous?
contract position only
P/T AP Clerk/Casual-on call Cook (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 2, 2015
I learned a new accounting software from the company I was assigned. The accounting manager was helpful enough to trained me. I enjoy working in that company (Peoples Drug Store) which I was assigned.
Bad Times as a temp
Machine Operator, General Labouror (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 7, 2015
A typical work day was varied from checking holes with a rod for 8 hours to cleaning and working machines.
I learned what a production line process was like in regards to efficiency and ensuring products are to standard. The management and co-workers varied from job to job however the overall impression i received from them was negative. Working with other temps was often grueling due to the pesamstic attitude they gave off about the job, and the management would often not treat the other temps with much better moods. The hardest part about the job to me was being able to prove that I was more then capable of the job to the point where I would gain a full time position in the company. Every job from the temp agency was extremely repeative and often thoroughly understood after a couple hours of work. This made proving efficiency and worth to the management difficult because I personally thought most people would be able to do the jobs that we as temps were givin. There were good parts of the job too. There were some nice people that I spent time with and had the experience of seeing what a variety of work places were like.
Cons
Promise of jobs after 3 months yet I never once received one
Lots of different jobs, learning new skills.
general labour (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 23, 2015
Lots of different jobs, week to week, nothing consistent.Staff are very friendly and only look to set you up with the job that's right for you.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Allerion
Oilfield Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONOctober 16, 2014
On any given day we are required to enter industrial crude tanks and clean them out. we work At Shell Canada Sarnia Refinery with Allerion oilfield services. My co workers and I get along very well, but we all have a mutual distrust in the management side of thing after various incidences. The job can be extremely physically demanding, sometimes the product in the tank can be as hard as asphalt, removing it can be very long slow process. We must be under fresh air apparatus due to possible gas leak or exposure. To be quite honest the best part of this job other than thew crew we have
(A-team) is going home at the end of the day
Pros
learned some valuable skills and friends(co-workers)
Cons
poor management, poor organization, lack of leadership, low pay
great help with work
general labour (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 4, 2015
They helped with getting great jobs and helped with my learning of employment job places and how to work well with others.
effective and fun workplace
General Labour, (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONOctober 25, 2015
I loved working at the warehouse. They were very friendly there and very understanding. we would have fun on the job and get our work done effectively.
Outdated, Ignorant, Poor Skills, and Poor Management
none, as I found better (Former Employee) –  CloverdaleNovember 5, 2012
This company has a poor attitude and has poor management. I applied at the Cloverdale location. They are out dated, ignorant of the ooutside world, and the one woman I saw seemed to hate working there. I have a feeling they are coasting until retirement, and not really trying to do their job anymore. They do not know how to treat prospective clientele, which is their money maker. I have since applied and have found work through swim recruiters, who are aptly named because they blow these people out of the water! I would never recommend these people, nor do business with them in the future. (If they survive.)
Pros
gives you an appropriation for better companies
Cons
doing business with them
Temporary Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2013
My assignment was great while they appreciated Temporary workers but then new management came in and things changed. They no longer wanted temporary workers.

The Co-workers really appreciated me/I enjoyed working with them

The hardest part of the job for me was not having the speed I needed to meet the deadlines. My accuracy in testing at Express was 90% but speed was about 35 wpm. In bookkeeping I never had to worry about speed because accuracy is very important.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was working with my co-workers. I'm not sure, however, if temporary work is for me.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not knowing when your next job will be or how long it will last is very difficult.

Express Employment Professionals Reviews by Location