Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

Work
General Labourer (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 July 2016
They have been great at finding work for me, although because its temporary work, the work can be a little inconsistent.
Pros
Helps pay the bills
Cons
Not long term solution
They found me work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC13 April 2016
I was laid off and needed to pay the bills
Express had me working a couple days after I applied
The wages are pretty low, but it was enough to buy me time until I could find a permanent job on my own.

Your chances of getting permanent full time work through this agency are pretty slim
They make money on you being a temp, so look for permanent jobs on your own
Pros
They quickly find you work
Cons
Some office staff seem like they're sick of their job
Great peole
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 April 2016
As we all know express is a temp agency so we are all there to take what we can get , the people at express employment do everything they can to get you into a job as soon as they can to try and find you a full time place. The hardest part of going threw a temp agency is defiantly never knowing how long the placement is or how long you are going to have work for.
Pros
They do what ever they can too help you
Cons
sometimes no work
Productive and busy work place
Temp assignments to various companies (Former Employee) –  Eddmonton, AB31 August 2012
Building orders, repetitive manual wrapping skids
Learned how to meet deadlines
Good management but bad at supervisory level
Team work
Long hours standing in one place/position
Good pay, competitive benefits.
Management very unprofessional
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 June 2016
unprofessional attitudes towards employees as well as assigning more jobs then what was agreed upon. Never seemed to care about the staff only looked at them as numbers.
Cons
never get your breaks
Temporary Employment
Human Resources Assistant/Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 January 2016
Express offered temporary employment with little to no benefits. Rate of pay was well below NOC code. My employment advisor did not know that I was even an employee.
Cons
A busy job where no two days are the same
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer12 August 2015
This was a busy location filled with phone calls, interviews, and job connections.
Everyday I would be learning more about different people, different careers, and various companies.
Pros
Networking
easygoing- tough
Associate, Odd Jobs, General Labour (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 December 2015
This is an on and off job agency with sometimes plenty of hours and some months without work, the pay rate are always different from 11.50 to 17 and hour and overall the management are amazing people, outstanding employee relationships and customer services kills
working with a good boss and other employees
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  hamilton area13 April 2016
i was mostly servicing automatic doors long days driving through out southern ontario. I enjoyed my job working on my own or installing doors with others. having the manager happy with my work was very important to me.
Pros
van for full time use
Cons
long hrs, but i didn't mind
Government Institution
Senior Clerk (Law Specialization) (Former Employee) –  Poland3 April 2016
Required a great knowledge about current legislation. Company invested in training, many interesting and valuable training session.
Lots of traveling to clients and people who received a loans in order to open their own business.
Pros
Opportunity to travel and training
Cons
Work overload
My Experiences
Packer/ assembler/ machiner operator (Former Employee) –  Durham Region / Toronto15 June 2015
A typical day at work for me is to be alert , on time ,willing to work safe with the ability to learn new jobs with a smile.

What I have learned about my experiences is working well with others and able to set-up machines for start up and shut down methods including management rolls and repairs for production lines.

The hardest part of the job that I had in the past was not difficult because if I had any concerns or question I would just ask for help. so I didn't really find any problems with anything, I was always ready and willing to learn.

The most enjoyable is a friendly environment and a opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
unsafe and hostile environment
Well organized and Flexible
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2016
Employment Professionals was very quick in finding job placements for different companies. It was well organized on when sending to various locations and very easy to work with scheduling.
Great environment
Office Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2016
Fairly easy going environment, great co-workers, great hours, can gain a lot of knowledge on recruiting. Client relationship is well maintained.
Do not take care of their contract workers
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CA25 February 2016
Express in Murrieta will say they are on your side but they are only worried about the bottom line. If you are placed in a good situation this is fine but if you are in a bad job environment don't expect any help from Express. The owner will act like he cares about you but he will go with the client every time.
Fun place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 March 2016
i have already filled out one for express employment not sure why your site is asking for is again... semi confused but I must write something in this box to proceed sorry
Allerion
Oilfield Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 October 2014
On any given day we are required to enter industrial crude tanks and clean them out. we work At Shell Canada Sarnia Refinery with Allerion oilfield services. My co workers and I get along very well, but we all have a mutual distrust in the management side of thing after various incidences. The job can be extremely physically demanding, sometimes the product in the tank can be as hard as asphalt, removing it can be very long slow process. We must be under fresh air apparatus due to possible gas leak or exposure. To be quite honest the best part of this job other than thew crew we have
(A-team) is going home at the end of the day
Pros
learned some valuable skills and friends(co-workers)
Cons
poor management, poor organization, lack of leadership, low pay
Outdated, Ignorant, Poor Skills, and Poor Management
none, as I found better (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale5 November 2012
This company has a poor attitude and has poor management. I applied at the Cloverdale location. They are out dated, ignorant of the ooutside world, and the one woman I saw seemed to hate working there. I have a feeling they are coasting until retirement, and not really trying to do their job anymore. They do not know how to treat prospective clientele, which is their money maker. I have since applied and have found work through swim recruiters, who are aptly named because they blow these people out of the water! I would never recommend these people, nor do business with them in the future. (If they survive.)
Pros
gives you an appropriation for better companies
Cons
doing business with them
Temporary Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2013
My assignment was great while they appreciated Temporary workers but then new management came in and things changed. They no longer wanted temporary workers.

The Co-workers really appreciated me/I enjoyed working with them

The hardest part of the job for me was not having the speed I needed to meet the deadlines. My accuracy in testing at Express was 90% but speed was about 35 wpm. In bookkeeping I never had to worry about speed because accuracy is very important.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was working with my co-workers. I'm not sure, however, if temporary work is for me.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not knowing when your next job will be or how long it will last is very difficult.
it was very nice working here
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA6 March 2016
they always had a job available when needed the main manager always called to place you on jobs personally.i worked doing warehouse work and assembly and print press
Pros
there was always a job when needed
Cons
they were sometimes to far away
great company
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2016
This recruitment agency has a great team of individuals that are willing to go an extra mile, not only to find you a position of employment but one that suits you. I found the staff at the Edmonton locations to be very helpful and friendly and willing to listen to any questions or concerns you may have about any employer.

Express Employment Professionals Reviews by Location