Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

Great environment
Office Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2016
Fairly easy going environment, great co-workers, great hours, can gain a lot of knowledge on recruiting. Client relationship is well maintained.
easygoing- tough
Associate, Odd Jobs, General Labour (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 December 2015
This is an on and off job agency with sometimes plenty of hours and some months without work, the pay rate are always different from 11.50 to 17 and hour and overall the management are amazing people, outstanding employee relationships and customer services kills
Well organized and Flexible
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2016
Employment Professionals was very quick in finding job placements for different companies. It was well organized on when sending to various locations and very easy to work with scheduling.
Do not take care of their contract workers
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CA25 February 2016
Express in Murrieta will say they are on your side but they are only worried about the bottom line. If you are placed in a good situation this is fine but if you are in a bad job environment don't expect any help from Express. The owner will act like he cares about you but he will go with the client every time.
A busy job where no two days are the same
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer12 August 2015
This was a busy location filled with phone calls, interviews, and job connections.
Everyday I would be learning more about different people, different careers, and various companies.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Productive and busy work place
Temp assignments to various companies (Former Employee) –  Eddmonton, AB31 August 2012
Building orders, repetitive manual wrapping skids
Learned how to meet deadlines
Good management but bad at supervisory level
Team work
Long hours standing in one place/position
Good pay, competitive benefits.
Fun place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 March 2016
i have already filled out one for express employment not sure why your site is asking for is again... semi confused but I must write something in this box to proceed sorry
it was very nice working here
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA6 March 2016
they always had a job available when needed the main manager always called to place you on jobs personally.i worked doing warehouse work and assembly and print press
Pros
there was always a job when needed
Cons
they were sometimes to far away
My Experiences
Packer/ assembler/ machiner operator (Former Employee) –  Durham Region / Toronto15 June 2015
A typical day at work for me is to be alert , on time ,willing to work safe with the ability to learn new jobs with a smile.

What I have learned about my experiences is working well with others and able to set-up machines for start up and shut down methods including management rolls and repairs for production lines.

The hardest part of the job that I had in the past was not difficult because if I had any concerns or question I would just ask for help. so I didn't really find any problems with anything, I was always ready and willing to learn.

The most enjoyable is a friendly environment and a opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
unsafe and hostile environment
contract work
Petrolia - Labourer (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON2 February 2016
this is a contract work company with temp employment, unable to get full time work, once hrs r completed you are let go and can not work at this company again for 12 months min. hard to get a permanent position
Pros
close to home
Cons
temp employment
great company
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2016
This recruitment agency has a great team of individuals that are willing to go an extra mile, not only to find you a position of employment but one that suits you. I found the staff at the Edmonton locations to be very helpful and friendly and willing to listen to any questions or concerns you may have about any employer.
Regular work placement
Various Temporary Term Placements (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON11 March 2016
it was what you would expect from a placement agency, working all over the place in various environments. It was nice seeing different workplaces
Temp Agency
Temporary Assembly Line Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2016
Have had continuous work through the temp agency but nothing that has turned into a permanent position, which is what I am looking for.
great place !
part time employee (Current Employee) –  Burlington, Ontario2 September 2015
I showed up and unexpectantly had to do a few test papers on math and whmis and so fourth. Very easy though. Met with a lady who finds the placements for you and she was very understanding about needing a flexible schedule. I told her my availability and that I wasn't interested in any warehouses,assembly lines or anything of that nature. By the end of the week I had several jobs lined up at banquet centre's. $14+ an hour + gratuity all within 15-20min drive. Perfect for part time work when you're also on college. Everything works great around my schedule and I can easily choose which shifts I want or not. People on the same jobs as you are also willing to carpool to save money. Overall the staff at Burlington location are above and beyond friendly. I'd recommend to anyone who is in school and wants some extra money!
Pros
flexible schedule
Good stepping stone in between employment
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Lowermainland, BC21 November 2015
Provided me work in different warehouses, while searching for full time employment. All were fun work places with great people, and opportunity to advance my skills. Not much to tell as I just helped companies/ and their employees during their peak.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
not having work when I was no longer needed.
Allerion
Oilfield Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 October 2014
On any given day we are required to enter industrial crude tanks and clean them out. we work At Shell Canada Sarnia Refinery with Allerion oilfield services. My co workers and I get along very well, but we all have a mutual distrust in the management side of thing after various incidences. The job can be extremely physically demanding, sometimes the product in the tank can be as hard as asphalt, removing it can be very long slow process. We must be under fresh air apparatus due to possible gas leak or exposure. To be quite honest the best part of this job other than thew crew we have
(A-team) is going home at the end of the day
Pros
learned some valuable skills and friends(co-workers)
Cons
poor management, poor organization, lack of leadership, low pay
Outdated, Ignorant, Poor Skills, and Poor Management
none, as I found better (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale5 November 2012
This company has a poor attitude and has poor management. I applied at the Cloverdale location. They are out dated, ignorant of the ooutside world, and the one woman I saw seemed to hate working there. I have a feeling they are coasting until retirement, and not really trying to do their job anymore. They do not know how to treat prospective clientele, which is their money maker. I have since applied and have found work through swim recruiters, who are aptly named because they blow these people out of the water! I would never recommend these people, nor do business with them in the future. (If they survive.)
Pros
gives you an appropriation for better companies
Cons
doing business with them
Okay place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,AB26 September 2015
The hours were very inconsistant and a lot of waiting for a call in,The management was very helpful and worked to get you the hours in.
Bad Times as a temp
Machine Operator, General Labouror (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 May 2015
A typical work day was varied from checking holes with a rod for 8 hours to cleaning and working machines.
I learned what a production line process was like in regards to efficiency and ensuring products are to standard. The management and co-workers varied from job to job however the overall impression i received from them was negative. Working with other temps was often grueling due to the pesamstic attitude they gave off about the job, and the management would often not treat the other temps with much better moods. The hardest part about the job to me was being able to prove that I was more then capable of the job to the point where I would gain a full time position in the company. Every job from the temp agency was extremely repeative and often thoroughly understood after a couple hours of work. This made proving efficiency and worth to the management difficult because I personally thought most people would be able to do the jobs that we as temps were givin. There were good parts of the job too. There were some nice people that I spent time with and had the experience of seeing what a variety of work places were like.
Cons
Promise of jobs after 3 months yet I never once received one
Temporary Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2013
My assignment was great while they appreciated Temporary workers but then new management came in and things changed. They no longer wanted temporary workers.

The Co-workers really appreciated me/I enjoyed working with them

The hardest part of the job for me was not having the speed I needed to meet the deadlines. My accuracy in testing at Express was 90% but speed was about 35 wpm. In bookkeeping I never had to worry about speed because accuracy is very important.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was working with my co-workers. I'm not sure, however, if temporary work is for me.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not knowing when your next job will be or how long it will last is very difficult.