Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Facinating place to work, great scope for networking!
Temorary Receptionist (Current Employee), variousMarch 17, 2014
Always learning new things and meeting great new people through temp work.
jobs are few
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: you will get called to go to a few jobs
Cons: not enough hours given during the week
only have a select places to work ,lets say if they dont like you (where you where sent to work) the client will call express and say dont send back

Worked for one place for over 600 hours was supposed to get hired but company said i was not a good fit for the job but some of the mangers and other workers there liked me and liked my work ethic
Wonderful work environment at the COE Law Branch
Clerk II (Former Employee), Downtown EdmontonFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours: 8 to 4 became 7:30 to 3:30 with 1/2 hour lunch
Cons: that i had to leave after 3 months
Originally, this was a 2-month temporary assignment with the City of Edmonton Law Branch, which got extended into 3 months (the maximum allowed by the union).

I learned how to enter data to open a file in iVos (data base) and modifying it as needed. Also created the physical files to match.
Provided relief to receptionist as needed. Co-workers were – more... a great bunch to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to improve the condition of the files in Expropriation. I also like the project I did to organize all the information a lawyer had on the Downtown Arena.

The hardest part of the job was finding enough work to do, especially the first month. The second and the third month I started to work on the Expropriation files.

Part of the time, we had a rush job for photocopying 8 or 9 copies of documents. Other scanning and photocopying as needed. – less
Recommended Job agency
General Labor Temp (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: always work for anyone
Cons: permanent positions in job contract few inbetween
Express Employment Professionals, located at the Etobicoke, Toronto site has an excellent staff that provides support to all of its temp workers, even after hours. They take into account what your preferences are when you're looking for work and are very understanding people.
Most places for fun to work at
Laborer (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: new experiences
Cons: no chance for hire on
I learned alot at all my placements that will help me in other placements in the future. The hardest part of all my jobs through the agency was knowing it was through an agency and knowing it wa always just temporary
casual secretary
On-Call School Secretary (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Express is a fairly good company to work for but due to the fact that I was on-call, not too calls came in.
Was a great place to work with
Forklift Operator/ Picker (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 3, 2013
Was a very nice place to work for, they always asked how your day was. The place was a placement agency, i think they are all basicly the same.
American approach.
Business Developer / Associate (Current Employee), Cloverdale, BC, CanadaOctober 29, 2013
It's been interesting to get a peek inside an American staffing company. There is something to be learned from their approach to sales.
temp agency
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2013
It helped me be place at Acklands and it has the same points as I put down for Acklands.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Maple, ONJuly 30, 2013
The workplace is very friendly and comfortable environment, where I continue to learn everyday in order to further advance myself within the company.
Good People to Work For
A/R Clerk, Receptionist, Parts Person (Current Employee), EdmontonJune 5, 2013
Pros: easy to talk to
I enjoy working with this agency they try to get placement for me.
easy going manager
Labourer, driver, blue collar jobs (Former Employee), edmonton abJune 2, 2013
Pros: holidays were paid for, canada day etc easter
Cons: overall good
I can' t give you a great review cause they usually phoned me at home when they had work for me. But I was never out of work for more than a week, so that' s good for me. June 2012 though, some people they hired at that time were judgemental, not very helpful to get me a job, judgemental, discriminate, racist, all I know is some of the people there – more... were very helpful (they have been there for a long time, the manager is really good with every one that walked in looking for job placement others were just collecting a paycheck. – less
headhunter games
candidate (Former Employee), HamiltonMay 13, 2013
The agent I dealt with kept changing her story as to how much competition I would have when I was presented for an opportunity. While you should take whatever you hear from a headhunter from a grain of salt, it is pretty bad when they tell you something that contradicts what they told you before!
Speedy and reliable temp service
General Labourer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 12, 2013
Pros: quick placement time, polite and friendly staff, well organized
Cons: lack of consistency, low wages, too many short term assignments
Over the past couple years since my time in kitchener express has been one of the more reliable temp agencies I've had the chance to work with. They usually returned my calls for a placement very quickly and found employment suitable to my experience.
just a fun work place
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 8, 2013
Pros: having fun while working and liking your job
Cons: long hours
i learned that working with others is like maintaining you car if you don't get the oil and brakes done they with fail or you motor will brake .
Gaining experience good for your resume
General Labourer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2013
I get to work with very dedicated hardworking people who for the life of me are day in and out giving their very best towards making the company meet its goals. Need to create long terms spots for employees.
Temporary Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not knowing when your next job will be or how long it will last is very difficult.
My assignment was great while they appreciated Temporary workers but then new management came in and things changed. They no longer wanted temporary workers.

The Co-workers really appreciated me/I enjoyed working with them

The hardest part of the job for me was not having the speed I needed to meet the deadlines. My accuracy in testing at Express – more... was 90% but speed was about 35 wpm. In bookkeeping I never had to worry about speed because accuracy is very important.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was working with my co-workers. I'm not sure, however, if temporary work is for me. – less
Fun place to work most of the time.
Office Admin (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 13, 2012
Great fun place to work, but sometimes hard due to fact that manager is racist.
Outdated, Ignorant, Poor Skills, and Poor Management
none, as I found better (Former Employee), CloverdaleNovember 5, 2012
Pros: gives you an appropriation for better companies
Cons: doing business with them
This company has a poor attitude and has poor management. I applied at the Cloverdale location. They are out dated, ignorant of the ooutside world, and the one woman I saw seemed to hate working there. I have a feeling they are coasting until retirement, and not really trying to do their job anymore. They do not know how to treat prospective clientele, – more... which is their money maker. I have since applied and have found work through swim recruiters, who are aptly named because they blow these people out of the water! I would never recommend these people, nor do business with them in the future. (If they survive.) – less
Productive and busy work place
Temp assignments to various companies (Former Employee), Eddmonton, ABAugust 31, 2012
Building orders, repetitive manual wrapping skids
Learned how to meet deadlines
Good management but bad at supervisory level
Team work
Long hours standing in one place/position
Good pay, competitive benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About Express Employment Professionals

Express offers professional search and contract staffing services through its Specialized Recruiting Group.

Express Employment Professionals Photos