Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Unimpressive.
Temp Work (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: they find you work
Cons: few and far between jobs, bad working conditions, poor communication
I came to express through the recommendation of a close family member who had worked there previously (although not as a temp). I went in and got all set up in person which didn't take very long, mainly just a few aptitude tests, some personal information and preferences and some questions about my working preferences (I.E. would you like to work night shifts etc etc).

I told express that I was available to be called in for work all the next week and they put me on their 'list'. After a few days of not being called I rang them up on the phone and let them know I'm still available for work. A few days later it was a friday and still not a single call. I rang them up once more and let them know I'm still available. This happened for the next two and a half months, calling in 2 or more times a week letting them know I was available for work and not getting a single thing.

Finally Express called me with a job, they told me I was going to be folding clothes inside of a trailer for several hours, seemed easy enough I took it. When I got to the job location (which I was several minutes late to because the directions they gave were not very good. They neglected to mention the area where we would be working at was in the back of a different companies parking lot... a company who had no idea that we were there on top of that!). I waited for the 'supervisor' to arrive for two hours in the blazing heat (He had the keys to the back of the truck so we couldn't start without him). I didn't know if we were going to have to bring our own water with us or not so I had only brought a 2L bottle – more... of water which was nearly gone by the time the supervisor got there.

After the supervisor arrived he told us we were going to be hauling these sticky melting plastic bags filled with what should be clothes (many were not filled with clothes.) from one end of a 32ft flatbed truck to another one. When we got the trucks open and set up he took off to go to Walmart! and left us in the hands of a very nice albeit somewhat scary trucker(I say he is a trucker because that's what he normally does for a living, according to him he angered some of the higher ups and they had him unloading trucks as a punishment of sorts) who worked for the people I was being contracted out to. We worked for the next 3-4 hours tossing melting garbage bags from one truck to another and stuffing clothes back into bags if they happened to rip and spill out.

By the time we were almost done, the trucker guy called up the supervisor who proceeded to show up just in the nick of time to throw two or three garbage bags over from one truck to the other and then sweep. Then, he wouldn't even sign my timecard so that I could have a way to confirm I showed up and worked there! I called up the woman who had given me the job at express and told them I had worked there and she said everything had already been confirmed so thankfully that happened. That was just the first job I worked for express.

Overall I didn't enjoy working for express. Many of the jobs I was given were similar to the story I wrote above, incorrect job description, poor directions (I strongly recommend getting the address and putting it into a GPS if available so that you know where you are going), supervisors that don't supervise and, bad working conditions! – less
Excellent people working hard to find temp employment
Temp Job Placement- H&H Manu- 1mnth Contract (Former Employee), Burlington, onFebruary 17, 2015
The people at Express are very hard working individuals that try very hard to keep their people and clients happy. The reps from Express were friendly yet very professional and went the extra mile in many cases.
good place to work nice people and good managment
General Labourer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good inverment and people
Cons: long hours 12 hour roating shifts
was threw a temp service my typical day was 12 hour shifts at Ropak assemble line for plastic products I gained many good qualities from this last job learned to work in a fast pasted workplace. learned to work in teams and problem solve quickly and efficiently. got experience in packing products and shipping and handling.
Okay job
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee), Keswick, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: sometimes drives checks to you, friendly staff
Cons: unrealiable
it was an okay job to work for, they sent you to not so bad jobs but once you get hurt they don't help you... I was at a job and I cut the tip of my finger off (the pad of my index finger) and they didn't send anything to the labour board and when I called to see if my claim was sent they didn't have anything with my name.
Laid back Workplace
Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 13, 2014
Fun job, multi-cultural, place is not so safe. very thigh space, no working station, you kind of work everywhere in the warehouse, but good management for sure.
Production and working enviroment
General Labourer (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: not enough hours
The working environment is ok.
I have learned the different machine and its purpose.
Management overall is just standard
The hardest part of the jobs is working with difficult people
The most enjoyable is when every workers work as a team
Allerion
Oilfield Service (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 16, 2014
Pros: learned some valuable skills and friends(co-workers)
Cons: poor management, poor organization, lack of leadership, low pay
On any given day we are required to enter industrial crude tanks and clean them out. we work At Shell Canada Sarnia Refinery with Allerion oilfield services. My co workers and I get along very well, but we all have a mutual distrust in the management side of thing after various incidences. The job can be extremely physically demanding, sometimes the product in the tank can be as hard as asphalt, removing it can be very long slow process. We must be under fresh air apparatus due to possible gas leak or exposure. To be quite honest the best part of this job other than thew crew we have
(A-team) is going home at the end of the day
Unorganized
Service Manager/Office Support (Current Employee), Guelph, OntarioSeptember 29, 2014
I found the turn around with account managers was large which caused problems with organization and continuity.
Temp agency
Temp employrr (Current Employee), Burlington ontarioSeptember 18, 2014
Good Temp agency, if you looking for temp work id suggest them
Love the employees i worked with
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: long hours driving
Cons: scheduling
The entire management was very adequate and prompt in solving matters within company obligations.
Good
General Labourer (Current Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: quick, easy jobs.
Cons: limited in range of employment.
I went to Express looking for administrative work but they only had general labour jobs... they are excellent at the latter.
Short term work without job security and pay
Material Handler (Former Employee), BurnabyAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good management, professional
This was a entry level head hunter that had good management but only focus on short term employment for employees. They are very good at what they do but for someone looking for more long term employment opportunities they were less rounded out in that direction. Very good people very professional and very helpful for and employee starting out and needing to gain experience.
Good experience
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 28, 2014
It was a very different atmosphere from my previous jobs. I like the experience it gave me. I was not here very long due to the hours.
Employment staffing, full services professional and temp labour
Owner (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: 24/7
Very caring and professional.
Enjoy helping people and company
agency
Assist in shop duties (Former Employee), toronto,onJuly 18, 2014
great people working for the agency very friendly and knowledgeable on what they do.
Express Employment- Burlington- Great Staff and Mangement Team
General Labour (Former Employee), Bronte , ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: i was attached to a certain shift, with the same co-workers, and i really enjoyed shiftwork.
Cons: to be honest, i really enjoyed the work opportunites, no complaints
I was on a rotating shift which could be 7-3,3-11 or 11-7, I was assigned to a certain shift. I learned how to manufacture plastic containers and also applying the print for different companies plastic containers. I learned how to work a variety of different manufacturing equipment and as well quality control. I learned a lot from my different co-workers and thrived working in a general labour position. The hardest part of the job was when a machine was down, but I quickly learned how to spot and fix problems with my co-workers. I really enjoyed being part of the team and always learning new skills, and I was quickly known as the girl who could lift heavy items.
Good environment
Various Positions (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2014
Good environment, helpful group of people to work with.
They have helped me find temporary positions but I am looking for a regular full-time position.
productive fast and upbeat
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Burlington, OntarioJune 18, 2014
Delighted the customers with a smiling face and helping mind which increased customer service and customer satisfaction. Operated cash register for daily transactions.
Busy, fast-paced
Enbridge (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: hours of work
Cons: long drive
Nice people
Great clients
Putting procedures into place.
Comfortable office and Working conditions
A great place to learn
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONJune 16, 2014
Always great for training. Employee incentives were good. Clean and fun atmosphere.

1 2 3

About Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers – Read more

Express Employment Professionals Photos