Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

Hard working and decent
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2016
This is a hard working and decent Temp Agency to work for. The wages differ as per the job and its requirements. I have had a few positions become permanent, however, again in an economic downturn things are never as permanent as one might think.
They (Jo) is straight forward and always on the phone trying to connect people with positions.
The hardest part would be the instability and consistency of new placements. The best part is always meeting new people, as well as places. I have learned a lot from my placements, not just about myself but the positions and placements I wish to peruse as a career.
Above average wages for an agency, other than that, there are no advantages.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 November 2016
Express Employment Professionals does in fact, offer above average wages for an agency. Aside from that the employees there are bullied into taking shifts that they don't want, Given the runaround when that ask a yes or no question, and told they're unreliable if they report themselves as unavailable. Steer clear of this company if you can.....
Pros
Above average wages
Cons
Treated like trash
Worst temp agency in Barrie ON
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 October 2016
When I started with Express I had high hopes of finding a permanent job, yet the only job they'll give you is a split shift for a delivery currier and maybe one of the worst delivery currier in Barrie ON, hardly train their temps properly which means they want you to learn a certain few trucks in only a few days but if you mess up once your gone, people showing up late and no one doing anything but if you're a good worker with a heart I suggest you stay away from this temp agency, rude and very unorganized company ever.
Pros
Very friendly drivers
Cons
Split shift, being treated like youre a idiot, refuses to train the temps in general.
Great training with this company.
Owner/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 March 2017
Manged a staff of recruiters for all aspects of recruitment. I handled all executive, and permanent roles for several companies in the area.
I recruited for all industries in the territory that I owned.
Pros
Great training
Cons
No Flexible work schedule
Dont bother
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 January 2017
Not a pleasant experience, got set up with express and worked one day at a job and they had delayed shipping. After that they text you to show up for jobs the same day of, never return your emails/texts quickly or if at all. Just entirely a waste of time
Pros
Cons
everything
energetic enviornment
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 February 2017
i learned to work in team and how to take decision in difficult situation and main thing is that i developed my social and professional skills instead of this i also learned how to encourage our colleague to work if they are upset
Good agency to work for
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 October 2016
I have nothing negative to say, only positive. People in the office are nice and they work hard to get you out.

So far I think they are great. I have been able to work pretty consistently with them. They are always friendly, and they are honest with you, this is key.
Pros
they have a lot of work
Cons
can't think of any
Good temporary work
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 March 2017
-low salary
-good flexibility
-options is a pro
-most workplaces don't respect and treat new people like trash
-no benefits
-no guarantee of advancement and benefits
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low salary, not much advancement
Was a great place to work while I was studying.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 February 2017
I enjoy working for express because you get to choose when to take shifts. While studying it was the perfect opportunity because I could accept shifts around my school schedule.
Enjoyable well managed business
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 February 2017
A well managed business that strives in finding the right employment for everyone. They made sure that I understood everything about my assigned posting and that I fit in well.
Very very bad company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2016
Wish i could give 0 stars to this company

They waste your time so much and are very rude
You get a low low pay and no benifits at all. They will lie to your face and stay they job will last for a few months but its really only for a week.

I can go on and on but not wasting my time

Stay away
Pros
Cons
So many to many to list
Good one
Express Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 November 2016
Express professional has always been a nice place to work, especially if there is an opening.

However, you need to be on the lookout for job opportunities when there is no more job
Pros
GOOD PLACE
Cons
BE ON THE LOOK OUT
low wages
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  mjssissauga14 January 2017
low wages placed in a very good company to work for TenPlus architectural products. Found pay was always on time and office staff at agency very friendly
Great Temp Angency
Temp employee (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC21 December 2016
Lots of fun
Good pay for transitioning into work
Great staff
flexible hours
Convenient location in Delta
I would go back if I couldnt find work full time
Nice People
Truck Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 February 2017
Nice people, not enough work for my taste. Genuinely seem like they care about you. Constantly asking for work with no results
very nice work place with great management
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 June 2016
I work in a manufactured product which have bottle water etc. I work with a team of people who were very serious and always ready to work . I learned how to be patient. The management team was always respectful and helpful. The hardest part was trying to staying on my feet for 3 hours and the most enjoyable part was meeting and helping new people.
Pros
good team
Cons
long hours on my feet
Great company
GENERAL LABOURER (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 October 2016
Love the interaction with the company and other works. They always fit you to the job desired and never have any issues. When you need time off there is no hesitations.
Always fun not knowing what job is next
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 August 2016
Being with Express Pros was a blast considering I did not know what job would be at hand the next week or next month. I was able to meet great people at each placement and even new friends. Which is why I returned to Express Pros in Canada.
LCBO Warehouse (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2016
Express Employment Professionals is a good place to go if your looking for temporary work, They always try finding you work when your out of it, staff is pretty friendly.
Temporary Jobs throughout the city
Temp (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
A typical work day with express is set up in advance, and the jobs are usually within a reasonable distance. Through express I've learned that it's always within my best interest to be prepared and adaptable. The hardest part about working as a temp without other employment is not knowing if I can pay for things I could normally pay for.
Pros
Flexible hours, reasonable wages, weekly pay
Cons
Inconsistent work schedules, occasional short notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Employment Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.

Express Employment Professionals Reviews by Location