Express Employment Professionals

1.6K reviews

Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Temporary Employment
Human Resources Assistant/Office Administration (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
Express offered temporary employment with little to no benefits. Rate of pay was well below NOC code. My employment advisor did not know that I was even an employee.
great company
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
This recruitment agency has a great team of individuals that are willing to go an extra mile, not only to find you a position of employment but one that suits you. I found the staff at the Edmonton locations to be very helpful and friendly and willing to listen to any questions or concerns you may have about any employer.
Temp Agency
Temporary Assembly Line Labourer (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Have had continuous work through the temp agency but nothing that has turned into a permanent position, which is what I am looking for.
Dismantler Operator
Dismantler Operator, Feeder Machine (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 21, 2015
If you can work there's work but if you have to run machine that worn out and the blades brakeing and sliding across floor left right way too dangerous?
easygoing- tough
Associate, Odd Jobs, General Labour (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONDecember 18, 2015
This is an on and off job agency with sometimes plenty of hours and some months without work, the pay rate are always different from 11.50 to 17 and hour and overall the management are amazing people, outstanding employee relationships and customer services kills
contract position only
P/T AP Clerk/Casual-on call Cook (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 2, 2015
I learned a new accounting software from the company I was assigned. The accounting manager was helpful enough to trained me. I enjoy working in that company (Peoples Drug Store) which I was assigned.
Lots of different jobs, learning new skills.
general labour (Current Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
Lots of different jobs, week to week, nothing consistent.Staff are very friendly and only look to set you up with the job that's right for you.
Always had work for me
labourer- contract worker (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: gained lots of experience
Cons: couldn't find permanent work.
I was sent to many different jobs while working for Express because they are a Temp agency. Because of this I didn't always have a typical day, but I did learn many different skills and trades. The management and workers that worked in the office of Express were always very nice and always treated me with respect. I had many different co-workers in my time there, and that was probably the hardest past of the job. Right when a co-worker and I would have something figured out, he or I could be pulled off to another job at any time which made it difficult to get a job done in a practical time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is knowing when i have done a job well and can go home at night feeling good.
Good stepping stone in between employment
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee), Lowermainland, BCNovember 21, 2015
Pros: Met some good people
Cons: not having work when I was no longer needed.
Provided me work in different warehouses, while searching for full time employment. All were fun work places with great people, and opportunity to advance my skills. Not much to tell as I just helped companies/ and their employees during their peak.
great help with work
general labour (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 4, 2015
They helped with getting great jobs and helped with my learning of employment job places and how to work well with others.
effective and fun workplace
General Labour, (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONOctober 25, 2015
I loved working at the warehouse. They were very friendly there and very understanding. we would have fun on the job and get our work done effectively.
Staffing Agency.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 20, 2015
It is a staffing agency and i had an okay experience with the agency. Learned a bit about shipping and receiving and auto parts with my time there.
Okay place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABSeptember 26, 2015
The hours were very inconsistant and a lot of waiting for a call in,The management was very helpful and worked to get you the hours in.
great place !
part time employee (Current Employee), Burlington, OntarioSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
I showed up and unexpectantly had to do a few test papers on math and whmis and so fourth. Very easy though. Met with a lady who finds the placements for you and she was very understanding about needing a flexible schedule. I told her my availability and that I wasn't interested in any warehouses,assembly lines or anything of that nature. By the end of the week I had several jobs lined up at banquet centre's. $14+ an hour + gratuity all within 15-20min drive. Perfect for part time work when you're also on college. Everything works great around my schedule and I can easily choose which shifts I want or not. People on the same jobs as you are also willing to carpool to save money. Overall the staff at Burlington location are above and beyond friendly. I'd recommend to anyone who is in school and wants some extra money!
A busy job where no two days are the same
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee), Red DeerAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Networking
Cons: Long hours
This was a busy location filled with phone calls, interviews, and job connections.
Everyday I would be learning more about different people, different careers, and various companies.
good staff and easily learned job
General Labourer (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 27, 2015
Pros: temporary to full time
Cons: pay per hour and only 1 break a day which wasnt allowed to be split up
express is a great company for finding you work fast and trying to find a job within your wants and needs and hours . Pay was standard and hours were good as well, great work environment and always understanding in certain situations.
Job Agency that gave many work opportunities
Temp (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 30, 2015
During my time at this agency, I have noticed that they were very professional and always on top of things. They regularly contacted me for placements to work at factories or construction jobs.
Bad Times as a temp
Machine Operator, General Labouror (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 7, 2015
Cons: Promise of jobs after 3 months yet I never once received one
A typical work day was varied from checking holes with a rod for 8 hours to cleaning and working machines.
I learned what a production line process was like in regards to efficiency and ensuring products are to standard. The management and co-workers varied from job to job however the overall impression i received from them was negative. Working with other temps was often grueling due to the pesamstic attitude they gave off about the job, and the management would often not treat the other temps with much better moods. The hardest part about the job to me was being able to prove that I was more then capable of the job to the point where I would gain a full time position in the company. Every job from the temp agency was extremely repeative and often thoroughly understood after a couple hours of work. This made proving efficiency and worth to the management difficult because I personally thought most people would be able to do the jobs that we as temps were givin. There were good parts of the job too. There were some nice people that I spent time with and had the experience of seeing what a variety of work places were like.
It's a temp agency, kept me employeed, kept me busy.
temp (Former Employee), oshawaMay 5, 2015
Pros: I was never really out of work
Cons: its a temp agency
Working as intended. It's a temp agency what do you expect. You work various jobs, try to find permanent work and keep the money flowing.
Polite and helpful staff
Parking Assistant for The Granite Club (Current Employee), North YorkApril 16, 2015
Great agency to be a part of. Staff is very kind and helpful. Its a great team environment and the salary is fair. Its a stress-free job with nobody barking orders at you.