Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Unimpressive.
Temp Work (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: they find you work
Cons: few and far between jobs, bad working conditions, poor communication
I came to express through the recommendation of a close family member who had worked there previously (although not as a temp). I went in and got all set up in person which didn't take very long, mainly just a few aptitude tests, some personal information and preferences and some questions about my working preferences (I.E. would you like to work night shifts etc etc).

I told express that I was available to be called in for work all the next week and they put me on their 'list'. After a few days of not being called I rang them up on the phone and let them know I'm still available for work. A few days later it was a friday and still not a single call. I rang them up once more and let them know I'm still available. This happened for the next two and a half months, calling in 2 or more times a week letting them know I was available for work and not getting a single thing.

Finally Express called me with a job, they told me I was going to be folding clothes inside of a trailer for several hours, seemed easy enough I took it. When I got to the job location (which I was several minutes late to because the directions they gave were not very good. They neglected to mention the area where we would be working at was in the back of a different companies parking lot... a company who had no idea that we were there on top of that!). I waited for the 'supervisor' to arrive for two hours in the blazing heat (He had the keys to the back of the truck so we couldn't start without him). I didn't know if we were going to have to bring our own water with us or not so I had only brought a 2L bottle – more... of water which was nearly gone by the time the supervisor got there.

After the supervisor arrived he told us we were going to be hauling these sticky melting plastic bags filled with what should be clothes (many were not filled with clothes.) from one end of a 32ft flatbed truck to another one. When we got the trucks open and set up he took off to go to Walmart! and left us in the hands of a very nice albeit somewhat scary trucker(I say he is a trucker because that's what he normally does for a living, according to him he angered some of the higher ups and they had him unloading trucks as a punishment of sorts) who worked for the people I was being contracted out to. We worked for the next 3-4 hours tossing melting garbage bags from one truck to another and stuffing clothes back into bags if they happened to rip and spill out.

By the time we were almost done, the trucker guy called up the supervisor who proceeded to show up just in the nick of time to throw two or three garbage bags over from one truck to the other and then sweep. Then, he wouldn't even sign my timecard so that I could have a way to confirm I showed up and worked there! I called up the woman who had given me the job at express and told them I had worked there and she said everything had already been confirmed so thankfully that happened. That was just the first job I worked for express.

Overall I didn't enjoy working for express. Many of the jobs I was given were similar to the story I wrote above, incorrect job description, poor directions (I strongly recommend getting the address and putting it into a GPS if available so that you know where you are going), supervisors that don't supervise and, bad working conditions! – less
Bad Times as a temp
Machine Operator, General Labouror (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 7, 2015
Cons: Promise of jobs after 3 months yet I never once received one
A typical work day was varied from checking holes with a rod for 8 hours to cleaning and working machines.
I learned what a production line process was like in regards to efficiency and ensuring products are to standard. The management and co-workers varied from job to job however the overall impression i received from them was negative. Working with other temps was often grueling due to the pesamstic attitude they gave off about the job, and the management would often not treat the other temps with much better moods. The hardest part about the job to me was being able to prove that I was more then capable of the job to the point where I would gain a full time position in the company. Every job from the temp agency was extremely repeative and often thoroughly understood after a couple hours of work. This made proving efficiency and worth to the management difficult because I personally thought most people would be able to do the jobs that we as temps were givin. There were good parts of the job too. There were some nice people that I spent time with and had the experience of seeing what a variety of work places were like.
Wonderful work environment at the COE Law Branch
Clerk II (Former Employee), Downtown EdmontonFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours: 8 to 4 became 7:30 to 3:30 with 1/2 hour lunch
Cons: that i had to leave after 3 months
Originally, this was a 2-month temporary assignment with the City of Edmonton Law Branch, which got extended into 3 months (the maximum allowed by the union).

I learned how to enter data to open a file in iVos (data base) and modifying it as needed. Also created the physical files to match.
Provided relief to receptionist as needed. Co-workers were a great bunch to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to improve the condition of the files in Expropriation. I also like the project I did to organize all the information a lawyer had on the Downtown Arena.

The hardest part of the job was finding enough work to do, especially the first month. The second and the third month I started to work on the Expropriation files.

Part of the time, we had a rush job for photocopying 8 or 9 copies of documents. Other scanning and photocopying as needed.
Express Employment- Burlington- Great Staff and Mangement Team
General Labour (Former Employee), Bronte , ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: i was attached to a certain shift, with the same co-workers, and i really enjoyed shiftwork.
Cons: to be honest, i really enjoyed the work opportunites, no complaints
I was on a rotating shift which could be 7-3,3-11 or 11-7, I was assigned to a certain shift. I learned how to manufacture plastic containers and also applying the print for different companies plastic containers. I learned how to work a variety of different manufacturing equipment and as well quality control. I learned a lot from my different co-workers and thrived working in a general labour position. The hardest part of the job was when a machine was down, but I quickly learned how to spot and fix problems with my co-workers. I really enjoyed being part of the team and always learning new skills, and I was quickly known as the girl who could lift heavy items.
great place !
part time employee (Current Employee), Burlington, OntarioSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
I showed up and unexpectantly had to do a few test papers on math and whmis and so fourth. Very easy though. Met with a lady who finds the placements for you and she was very understanding about needing a flexible schedule. I told her my availability and that I wasn't interested in any warehouses,assembly lines or anything of that nature. By the end of the week I had several jobs lined up at banquet centre's. $14+ an hour + gratuity all within 15-20min drive. Perfect for part time work when you're also on college. Everything works great around my schedule and I can easily choose which shifts I want or not. People on the same jobs as you are also willing to carpool to save money. Overall the staff at Burlington location are above and beyond friendly. I'd recommend to anyone who is in school and wants some extra money!
Always had work for me
labourer- contract worker (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: gained lots of experience
Cons: couldn't find permanent work.
I was sent to many different jobs while working for Express because they are a Temp agency. Because of this I didn't always have a typical day, but I did learn many different skills and trades. The management and workers that worked in the office of Express were always very nice and always treated me with respect. I had many different co-workers in my time there, and that was probably the hardest past of the job. Right when a co-worker and I would have something figured out, he or I could be pulled off to another job at any time which made it difficult to get a job done in a practical time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is knowing when i have done a job well and can go home at night feeling good.
Micro Managed - Not a great place to sell for
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, finished at 5:00 on the button or slightly later
Cons: poor training, micro managed
As an Account Manager you are expected not to "hit the road" first thing in the morning. You have to attend a short meeting at 8:45. Then you have to make calls for about 2 hours, after which you have to do cold calling. You're expected to set up meetings, conduct the meetings, provide RFQs, then sign up the new clients. You have to return by about 3:00 to enter your daily contacts. Then you have a 4:45 meeting.

You have to form a schedule for yourself and if you're running into traffic or more than 2 meetings you then can't complete your routine. The franchisee never gave proper training on how to do a proper RFQ or a contract.
Allerion
Oilfield Service (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 16, 2014
Pros: learned some valuable skills and friends(co-workers)
Cons: poor management, poor organization, lack of leadership, low pay
On any given day we are required to enter industrial crude tanks and clean them out. we work At Shell Canada Sarnia Refinery with Allerion oilfield services. My co workers and I get along very well, but we all have a mutual distrust in the management side of thing after various incidences. The job can be extremely physically demanding, sometimes the product in the tank can be as hard as asphalt, removing it can be very long slow process. We must be under fresh air apparatus due to possible gas leak or exposure. To be quite honest the best part of this job other than thew crew we have
(A-team) is going home at the end of the day
Outdated, Ignorant, Poor Skills, and Poor Management
none, as I found better (Former Employee), CloverdaleNovember 5, 2012
Pros: gives you an appropriation for better companies
Cons: doing business with them
This company has a poor attitude and has poor management. I applied at the Cloverdale location. They are out dated, ignorant of the ooutside world, and the one woman I saw seemed to hate working there. I have a feeling they are coasting until retirement, and not really trying to do their job anymore. They do not know how to treat prospective clientele, which is their money maker. I have since applied and have found work through swim recruiters, who are aptly named because they blow these people out of the water! I would never recommend these people, nor do business with them in the future. (If they survive.)
Temporary Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not knowing when your next job will be or how long it will last is very difficult.
My assignment was great while they appreciated Temporary workers but then new management came in and things changed. They no longer wanted temporary workers.

The Co-workers really appreciated me/I enjoyed working with them

The hardest part of the job for me was not having the speed I needed to meet the deadlines. My accuracy in testing at Express was 90% but speed was about 35 wpm. In bookkeeping I never had to worry about speed because accuracy is very important.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was working with my co-workers. I'm not sure, however, if temporary work is for me.
easy going manager
Labourer, driver, blue collar jobs (Former Employee), edmonton abJune 2, 2013
Pros: holidays were paid for, canada day etc easter
Cons: overall good
I can' t give you a great review cause they usually phoned me at home when they had work for me. But I was never out of work for more than a week, so that' s good for me. June 2012 though, some people they hired at that time were judgemental, not very helpful to get me a job, judgemental, discriminate, racist, all I know is some of the people there were very helpful (they have been there for a long time, the manager is really good with every one that walked in looking for job placement others were just collecting a paycheck.
Don't waste your time
Client (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 7, 2012
I registered with Express months ago. Since then, they have put me forward for 1 job. That's it. Even then, I didn't get the job and the company it was with did not have a telephone number (sketchy, I know) so I rang Express and asked my advisor if he could find out why I didn't get the job. That was about 1/2 months ago and I still have not heard back from him.

They are the WORST temporary job agency going. All they want is to increase their numbers, they have no interest in helping you at all. If you're hoping to find a job, don't waste your time with them, go somewhere else!
Georgetown, Ontario
Process Technician (Former Employee), ABM Canada, Former employeeAugust 17, 2012
Pros: execellent professional service
Cons: na
I enjoyed working with Express Professional in Georgetown, Ontario.

My previous placement didn't work out for various reason this was not there fault comes on fauly of the employer not having proper training. Should Express Pros ever have another placement for me again sure why not much better than most other employement agencies out there today.

I want to say thanks for job well done sorry the placement didn't work out something better off.
Short term work without job security and pay
Material Handler (Former Employee), BurnabyAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good management, professional
This was a entry level head hunter that had good management but only focus on short term employment for employees. They are very good at what they do but for someone looking for more long term employment opportunities they were less rounded out in that direction. Very good people very professional and very helpful for and employee starting out and needing to gain experience.
good place to work nice people and good managment
General Labourer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good inverment and people
Cons: long hours 12 hour roating shifts
was threw a temp service my typical day was 12 hour shifts at Ropak assemble line for plastic products I gained many good qualities from this last job learned to work in a fast pasted workplace. learned to work in teams and problem solve quickly and efficiently. got experience in packing products and shipping and handling.
jobs are few
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: you will get called to go to a few jobs
Cons: not enough hours given during the week
only have a select places to work ,lets say if they dont like you (where you where sent to work) the client will call express and say dont send back

Worked for one place for over 600 hours was supposed to get hired but company said i was not a good fit for the job but some of the mangers and other workers there liked me and liked my work ethic
Speedy and reliable temp service
General Labourer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 12, 2013
Pros: quick placement time, polite and friendly staff, well organized
Cons: lack of consistency, low wages, too many short term assignments
Over the past couple years since my time in kitchener express has been one of the more reliable temp agencies I've had the chance to work with. They usually returned my calls for a placement very quickly and found employment suitable to my experience.
Recommended Job agency
General Labor Temp (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: always work for anyone
Cons: permanent positions in job contract few inbetween
Express Employment Professionals, located at the Etobicoke, Toronto site has an excellent staff that provides support to all of its temp workers, even after hours. They take into account what your preferences are when you're looking for work and are very understanding people.
Okay job
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee), Keswick, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: sometimes drives checks to you, friendly staff
Cons: unrealiable
it was an okay job to work for, they sent you to not so bad jobs but once you get hurt they don't help you... I was at a job and I cut the tip of my finger off (the pad of my index finger) and they didn't send anything to the labour board and when I called to see if my claim was sent they didn't have anything with my name.
Another "Job Agency" Interested in Increasing Clientele Inventory List...
They didnt send me to any interviews! (Former Employee), Hamilton,ONJune 3, 2012
Pros: none.
Cons: too many to list...
Just as the title suggests, they register you to increase their client inventory list and then you never hear from them again. How these agencies stay open is beyond me. There must be an association to complain to in order to shut their doors down. Pathetic.