Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

If you get injured they will proactively rub your name in the dirt
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2017
I worked at as a mechanic for this company for about 1 month and a half after which I was injured at work. After getting injured they let me go and did everything in their power to lie and cheat the WCB system.
If you work for this company make sure you get everything in writing or you will regret it.
Very nice place to work.
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 December 2017
I have always been busy working for express. They have always kept mne busy with work. They are courteous and very professional in there dealings with you.
Managament
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 December 2017
Seems like office staff does not like working their. Also takes three weeks for their direct deposit system to start processing youre check via direct deposit.

As an employee you have to write down youre own hours that you worked through the week and also get those hours reviewed and signed by upper management.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Long hours, Not enough pay
No Jobs In Months
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada1 December 2017
I have lots of skills from previous jobs, but due to a bad job experience and being let go, I had no choice but to go to them. May as well have not gone to them at all. No jobs, no return calls or emails half of the time. Don't bother. Them and adecco and both horrible companies
Pros
Cons
no jobs, little pay
Convenient location, great crew,
Production Line Worker and Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 November 2017
excellent customer service, friendly on-line viewing of your pay stubs, T4s, and any relevant information you might need for personal and legal purposes.
At the organization I was assigned to work on, I worked in the machine shop as a machine operator, working with a variety of press drill machines, and I had the opportunity to learn their operation as well as the sharpening of attention to details for quality purposes, I liked it.
Great Workplace they placed me for work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 October 2017
I enjoyed the one place they sent me for work and definitely would work there again if given the chance. The place I was working was called Distributech and the people there were great. A typical day at work would be doing whatever job you were placed at and finish it completely.
Was able to find me work and no issues with staff, wages and payment
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2017
My work with Express Employment Professionals was an rewarding and enjoyable period. Kept me working at various locations. My placements were always suited for me and enjoyed all the different opportunities supplied
Steady work if you are valued
Contracy Worker (Former Employee) –  Varied24 September 2017
Unless given a long term assignment very stressful not knowing where or ifyou will be called for work. Pay slightly over minimum wage and heavy labour for most part. Good and badsupervisors.
Pros
Able to decline assignments
Cons
Low Pay
un organized
Temporary labour/production worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 September 2017
it was very hard to get employment through this company as they didnt listen to the type of work i excell at therefore placing me where i was uncomfortable
If you work with them, they will work with you
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 September 2017
So long as you are willing to work, Express will always give you something suitable for you. Though it may take some time, they always find the type of job you are looking for.
It was difficult to continuously have work.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 September 2017
It was great if you weren't looking for full time work, but it was difficult to continuously have work.
great place to start.
Administrative Assistant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2017
They were great at keeping me busy and keeping me employed The longest I had gone without was maybe 2 days.
They call a day before and give me the place to go and I would go show up and meet the required person then get situated for the day and fall into the role and duties of the position.
Individual work and team work for various jobs
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 August 2017
A typical day at work was a mix of packing products and building skids. There was also paperwork for various items and at times you would work in a team at other times individually. The workplace was mainly quiet at times there would be music playing.
Great experience
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 July 2017
Great manager and client services people. Very professional office. They check to make sure your happy in your placement, dropping by to see you. Very good office.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Sometime a wait between jobs
Great Place to work
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario25 July 2017
Typical day includes making calls both scripted and non scripted. The management are very easily approachable. Sometimes the hardest part of the job, is remaining completely upbeat and perky after a very long day, but the job must be done, so I carry on. I do have the gift of gab, this position is a perfect fit for me.
Pros
meeting new people all the time
Cons
the only con is that this position is not full time
Alright for starting out
Staffing/Recruitment Coordinator (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 June 2017
Low pay and minimal valuable experience. Branch received awards for being second place in the country and they were not even breaking even financially most weeks. Very low standards.
Unreliable and lousy service
N/A (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 May 2017
They called me once for a job that I couldn't get a ride to as I live out of town and I can't drive. I told them this was the case and they abliged I've applied to numourous jobs since this and they just ignore my emails and applications. Terrible company with obviously ignorant staff just do yourself a favour and find another agency or get help from a friend.
Pros
Their were none
Cons
Lousy service, unawnsered emails and applications, they take part of your wages
Great People
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 May 2017
Express Employment Professionals are a fantastic group of individuals to work for. They found assignments that fit my skills and preferences and were always checking in to ask if I had any questions or concerns regarding assignments I was sent on. The staff at Express are extremely friendly and personable. Overall fantastic business.
Nothing specific to write about
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 April 2017
Express sent me to work at four different companies, none of which were great but its a good way to find work fast. However, I certainly don't recommend it for long term.
Pros
Easy to find work
Cons
Bad pay
great experience
Mechanical assembler, Q.A. labor, and sales (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 April 2017
staff is always available if you have any concerns regarding the placement. they are very knowledgeable and pair up the correct employees with a good employers
Pros
fun working enviroment
Cons
contract only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Employment Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.