Export Packers is a multi-faceted, growth-oriented food wholesale and agricultural commodity trading company dedicated to continually broadening the scope of our market knowledge. We are a privately owned business with over 77 years of business success. Our successes can be directly attributed to human capital - the professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit of industry experts in diverse product areas: meat, poultry, seafood, juice concentrates, field crops, dairy products and fruits and vegetables. We are looking for professional, results oriented Trader to join our team.
Quality Assistant is responsible for providing import notifications of shipments, making inspection decisions and communicate with CFIA. Responsibilities also include product inspection, food safety audit and providing technical support in the seafood division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administration of QA / QMPI program in Seafood Category
- Liaising with Canadian Food Inspection Agency on importation of seafood.
- Providing scientific and technical support to customers, suppliers and internal staff.
- Coordinate inspection internal and externally. Evaluate results.
- Participate in food safety audits
- Provide inspection reports, corrective action reports to CFIA.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Product inspections
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Must have a University degree or College diploma in Science field, preferably in food science, microbiology, chemistry, and/or equivalent related experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience required. Prior knowledge of laboratory procedures, HACCP, GFSI, GMPs, allergens and QMPI is considered an asset
- Continuously upgrades knowledge in food industry through review of scientific literature, attendance to training courses, and professional development.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- The employee may require to lift boxes up to 30lb on a regular basis.
Mostly office duties in corporate office. Require to pick up samples at cold storage and fish processing plant.
Suitable candidates, email their resume to Lisa Tracey, Human Resource Manager and indicate salary expectation. Thank you for your interest, due to the heavy volume of resumes, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Food and Beverage
Corporation: Wholesaling, processing and distribution of food products to domestic and international markets.