Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp)

1K reviews

Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Employee Reviews

terrible work environment
Inbound telephone sales agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work would start off with struggling to obtain a head set to take calls with. through out the day there would be periods of up to four hours with out a single call to take. the work place was constantly unsanitary (infestations of rodents, insects, ect...). This company has also left its employees without a working refrigerator in the lunch room which has been broken for well over a year now. The only thing i managed to learn from this job was how unorganized a company can actually be (there were repetitive changes on my schedules). management was by far the worst part of the job, at times management was having difficulty keeping more then four head sets on the floor for they're agents to take calls with there were also many times when an original agent from a campaign would be sent home early without pay just so that another agent from a different campaign could make the minimum amount of hours. The co-workers were like family and some of the best friends anyone could ever hope to have in life. The hardest part of this job was going to work and wondering if you would be sent home early without pay or if there would even be a head set to take calls with, the best part would probably be going to be with friends and seeing co-workers again.
Great Learning experience and Professional environment
Customer Service Representative (inbound) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 5, 2015
Working at EGS as a CSR was a great way to learn about customer service and how various HVAC related issues are handled. Regularly talking to customers and coworkers really helped me to get over my phone calling anxiety. The management was always super helpful and they were always coming up with ways to keep everyone motivated. The only really difficult part was that sometimes the type of job this is tends to wear away at one's happiness over an extended period of time, simply because it can be very mentally exhausting. Although the best part is when there is a very difficult problem, you manage to solve it smoothly and they buy from you after it's all said and done; that feeling is the best.
Pros
Benefits, variety, commissions, great people.
Cons
Basically everyone you talk to has a problem.
A very great, and welcoming company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Typically when you arrive for work at APAC, whether they're swamped busy or dead slow, the management and floor support are as energetic and eager to help as ever. I learned strong sales skills as well as how to build rapport with a customer in a timely fashion. The co-workers are very agreeable and easy to get along with. I'd have to say, however, that the hardest part of the job was dealing with the busier days; customers waiting upwards 40 minutes to have their call answered, and when you finally do get their call, they are, of course, frustrated, and right now you're the face of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, was interacting with my co-workers and management. All in all it was a very good experience.
Stay away
Customer service (Current Employee) –  HamiltonMarch 26, 2015
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for!! When you start working here you are told the hours are guaranteed, fantastic benefits and everyone is amazing, if you want it you can become a manager within months!!!

These are all lies. We are sent home early almost every day, the leads we get in are recycled month after month and we are harassing women constantly. If you don't get sales you will be sent home. Management is horrendous. Abusive and disrespectful. STAY AWAY!!
Co-Workers make my day
LA (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 20, 2014
Everyday, there's something new in terms of customers I speak to. I've learned how to deal with irrate customers and tackle situations with positive outlooks and the management is difficult to talk to. After 10+ years I feel I have advanced as far as I can go within the organization. My colleagues are who definitely keep me going.
Pros
colleagues work/life balance
Cons
fluctuation in weekly hours
I sale insurance in that company. I am a top producer in that campaign.
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 6, 2013
Sometimes it is very hard to get a sale, that time we have to push to customer to get a sale but that sale sometimes verifier put it through as a recall. It is very stressful without push to get a sale and when we push hard they put it through as a recall.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when I get 10-15 sale par day. That makes me happy. I have to mansion that I am a top producer of my campaign
Productive Environment With Growth Opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 17, 2014
I took the CSR job at APAC initially to get call centre experience and also develop as well as improve on my aggressive sales qualities. The professional dynamism, flexibility and pace have all helped me grow personally and professionally, even more than I'd anticipated.
Horrible place
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 8, 2015
terrible place, terrible management, mistreat employees. There is no room for advancement. They suck the life out of you.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement
enjoy the company
customers service (Former Employee) –  montrealApril 22, 2015
Great environment to work in, co workers was good in teamwork, the reason for the 3 stars was because of the benefits and pay grade.
Insurance call centre
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 15, 2015
Supportive call centre that will push to get sales. Cold calling to sell insurance to woman that we can inform about the insurance plan.
Sales for the strong
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  hamiltonJanuary 3, 2015
Wonderful team of women. Great location. Not a profession for me
Review
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 29, 2013
Answering phone calls and attending customers needs and requests, selling protection plans and hvac equipment.