The focus of this role is to provide technical writing support to the Implementation of ITSM Version 12 of the CA Unicenter tool. The ITSM Version 12 application will support a variety of ITIL and associated processes, including Incident Management, Major Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, etc.
The main mandate of the Technical Writer role is to contribute to writing and updating existing support documentation and the development and of customer/product/location specific operational user documentation, procedures, etc., that is compliant to the Service Model and the new ITSM tool. The Technical Writer will also contribute to the development of (online and/or printed) training documents and material, incl. FAQ files.
We are looking for a self-starter who, after training and introduction to the main players, can begin contributing immediately.
- Research, write, update, and edit manuals within established timeframes using existing documents or source material.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts (SME) to obtain required information.
- Test documentation for clarity, completeness, technical accuracy, and quality.
- Review documents prepared by others and update to reflect new changes.
- Understand all aspects of the SGS Service Model, and the underlying ITIL processes (would be an asset).
- Update existing support guides and procedural documents, and/or develop new support guides, training guides, online help, procedural documents, etc.
- Ensure that information that is created and classified is entered onto the Knowledge Base.
Knowledge and skills
- 7+ years as a technical writer.
- Excellent English language writing skills
- University degree in English, Technical Writing or Computer Science.
- Experience creating user guides, training materials, online help, reference guides, procedures, etc.
- Experience creating instruction design would be an asset.
- Experience creating single source documentation.
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with CA.
- Productivity Accelerator (CA PA) would be a strong asset.
- Experience writing documentation to support IT applications, systems and services.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of IT services, e.g. LAN/WAN Networks, application services, desktop services.
- Experience of IT Global Operations Centers (Service Desk/Help Desk, LAN/WAN Network Operations, Server Management) would be an asset.
- Experience with air transit industry and airport environments would be an asset.
- An excellent communicator and good team player.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, work autonomously and work to deadlines.
- Accustomed to working in stressful environment in order to meet deadlines.
Indeed - 14 months ago