Start Date – ASAP
Role – Permanent
Number of Openings – 2
Location: Downtown Montreal
Reference number: JO000664
- Deliver successful design, coding and delivery of specific technical applications and / or products in the company’s portfolio.
- Participate in full lifecycle of multiple small to medium projects ensuring the solutions developed are able to sustain the projects’ functional and business requirements.
- Be accountable for the consistency of application code, ensuring it meets the requirements of the functional specification/s and ensuring any issues or risks that may affect the project deliverables are raised to the Development or Project Manager.
- Participate in the migration of the existing product from C&VB6 to .Net technologies.
- Assist as required in scope definition, technical viability, scoping, and best practice solution design to meet the needs of the product and / or client.
- Assist in or review, the estimation, time and cost of a specific solution design ensuring it meets the needs of the product and the business.
- Write and deliver code, and participate in code walkthroughs according to the requirements of the functional specifications.
- Using the QA bug reports, oversee the fix implementation of assigned bugs, based on agreed priorities.
- Liaise with software vendors regarding bug fixes / issues.
- Where appropriate, provide guidance to the Project Manager and / or Development Manager in the development of solutions that create innovation and have a beneficial outcome to the product or application.
- Ensure all risks and issues that affect the project are raised following set processes and are actioned appropriately. Escalate risks and issues that pose a significant impact to deliverables.
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for required changes, and where possible provide alternative solutions to minimize time and cost.
- Work with customers (both internal and external) to ensure change requests meet the customer requirements.
- Ensure tasks / short term goals are met by the team according to the time and budget.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- University degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science or similar
- Professional programming certification in .NET development languages.
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent knowledge of C#.
- Solid object-oriented design and coding experience, including application of design patterns such as MVVM.
- Web Services, SOAP, WCF, WSDL.
- Developing code to interface to one or more RDBMS, particularly SQL Server
- Using ADO.NET, LINQ, Entity Framework, SQL, stored procedures/user defined functions.
- Knowledge of telecommunications standards such TCP/IP, IBM WebSphere MQ, MSMQ, Lotus Notes et SMTP/POP3/IMAP is an asset.
- Detailed familiarity with software development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and most common programming languages and concepts.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server.
- IT security / concepts of their application to computer systems architecture
- High-level designs for small to medium systems/applications
- Ability to quickly provide effort estimates for required software developments early in project definition
- Version control/management of source code
- Ability to follow and apply existing methodologies and practices
- Understanding trade-offs and risks with programming choices
- Understanding how to apply technical knowledge to solve business problems
- Minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience in a development capacity preferably in C# and experience with .NET Framework 4.0.
- Experience in the conversion of C / VB6 projects to .NET is an asset.
- Experience in geographic location standards and technologies, such as WMS and GIS, is an asset.
- Experience with Infragistics components suite is an asset.
- Experience in telecommunication and networking environment is an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a team, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Structure and rigor in achieving the assigned tasks.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and French
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information
Indeed - 10 months ago
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement,...