Experian

Experian Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work place
Cais Team Manager (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flexi work style
Cons: longer than needed hours
The life style of work is fantastic , the clients are good.

The flexi hours are a big function of the job, which makes Experian good to work for.

the hardest part of the job, is the impact of getting things changed, this can be a issue.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Automation Test Engineer (Former Employee), BirminghamSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hrs
It was a nice place to work. I had a good time with this company. Really missing my friends. I wish i cold go back.
Fast-Paced global matrix managed company
Sr. Learning Consultant (Former Employee), Virtual office - Traveled extensivelyAugust 28, 2014
Pros: constantly learning as positions morphed
Cons: work/life balance suffers
The company morphed continuously in the 18 years that I worked for Experian. One must be comfortable working in a fast paced changing work place to excel. Excellence is the standard.
Stressful but good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Van Buren,ArAugust 22, 2014
If you are lucky enough to get on a client team it is ok. Core is more stressful. They just don't offer as much to their employees as they used to.
Fun and engaging environment focused on the people and results
Events & Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free coffee, cheap vending, clean environment
It is a fun environment that feels like a family. Even working with hundreds of people you feel connected to everyone and everyone is friendly.
great place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARAugust 12, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: to easy to get layed off for medical problems
I loved the people,would go back if opp was there. only reason left was due to medical reasons
Productive and fun place to wirk
Consumer Mail Associate (Former Employee), Allen, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: gym to keep employees healthy
Cons: insurance
A great deal of community involvement 40 hr work week flexible hours to attend college
Not flexible hours, no manager help
Consumer Service Associate (Former Employee), Allen, TXAugust 7, 2014
Taking about 50-75 calls regarding customer's credit reports and answering how to dispute and explaining things on the report.

Co workers are better than the managers at helping you

Hardest part is trying to figure things out for a customer when you have no help or they give you a bland answer
Early Experian Days
Public relations and consumer credit liaison (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGAugust 5, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: unsupportive management
I started working for Experian over 20 years ago, it was a different company then to what we see today.
Account Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 23, 2014
Good experience to learn the business and complex tech driven products. Great place to build experience to grow.
Great benefits
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 21, 2014
This company had some of the best benefit packages I've seen of any company I've worked for.
high turnover, poor management, geo politics are rampant
Software Engineering (Current Employee), New YorkJuly 17, 2014
It's basically one big chess game divided across the North America region. Working with other regions across the globe can be fairly satisfying, but North America is a mess. Avoid at all costs, they are failing in most areas.
balanced
DIRECTOR OF AFFINITY PARTNERSHIPS (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 17, 2014
Great work life balance.

Ability to work independently while collaborating across other teams.
Fun place to work enjoy the people and atmosphere.
Identity Theft Resolution Professional (Current Employee), Allen, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: working at my own pace, listening to music, finding resolutions for cx and making them feel good in a bad situation.
Cons: low pay, drive to work, parking
Come to work check emails and voicemails, go thru my assigned cases and set call backs from voicemails and emails. Allocate cases for my day. Start with calls, make confrence calls, submitt disputes, draft letters for disputes, make phone verifications, set expectations for future notice. On to next call.

I have learned so much about credit and how – more... important it is for a person to monitor their reports because anyone can become a victim of fraud. Once you have become a victim, whats steps to take in order to clear your credit of wrong doing.

I have had several managers since I started here, I have enjoyed each one, and have learned from each of them.

My Co-workers are great we all get along and help each other thru out the day as a team to stay in compliance.

The hardest part of my job is explaining law and policy, and having a person not understand that I cannot just remove items from a report because they say its fraud. There is a process that has to be followed and so many do not understant this.

The most enjoyable part of my day is the fact I am able to work on my own pace, each one of my cases can be different and require different amount of time to complete, I love the fact I do not have a timer on me, or someone looking aover my shoulder. I am most productive in this environment. – less
Productive and fun place to work
ETL Developer (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 14, 2014
Good work life balance, great office culture and great hardworking people to work with.
I worked as a member of a national call center
Technical Support Specialist III (Former Employee), Costa MesaJune 26, 2014
Pros: work was something i could leave behind after my shift ended.
Cons: scheduled breaks and sitting 6 to 8 hours at the desk.
The typical day consisted of answering calls from corporate clients and assisting the callers in resolving their technical problems. The issues presented covered all product lines the company was offering at the time and callers were may different types of businesses throughout the United States. We were constantly trained on new client setups and products – more... the company offered. We were expected to provide the best customers service efficiently and effectively. The strength in this job was to have great analytic skills as well as being able to communicate with various levels of callers and internal department until resolutions of problems were achieved. Some of the challenges included calls that were not handled by our department. For example when the callers had personal issues they were trying to resolve and were highly upset about. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that came after a difficult problem was resolved and it took my intervention to get the solution. – less
Productive and supportive work environment.
Consumer Fraud Officer (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGJune 25, 2014
Pros: annual travel scheme, flexible working hours
A typical day at work involves assisting our customers who have been victims of identity theft, our end goal being to resolve the fraud and to protect their identity from further compromise.

The team that I work on are supportive, funny and friendly. We are always available to assist each other with the majority of struggles.

The management team within – more... fraud ops are a fantastic resource. They are experienced, knowledgeable and when available are wonderful to discuss any work concerns with.

They have been very accommodating with my holiday requests whilst I have been studying to gain additional qualifications. – less
Bullying environment very chaotic
Managed File Transfer Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Allen, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: compensation was adequate
Cons: bullying, manipulation, deceit, favoritism, lack of competence and skills on teams
The environment was chaotic and the management was manipulative, dishonest and bullying. There were serious skill and competency issues on the team but the manager played favorites. Multiple major failed projects and fires because of this incompetent and harmful manager. They churned through 4 people including me in the 7 months I was there. Do not – more... work for Experian GFT in GTS, the manager is an incompetent deceitful person with major failed projects to prove it and she has no respect for skills, knowledge or the work. Don't waste your time with Experian. It scares me that these people and this company have so much access to our personal data with people like I saw on the team I was on. The manager was foreign along with her incompetent little clique. She and the senior GTS leadership there are off the rails. – less
Great opportunity
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAMay 20, 2014
Loved working for the people here at Experian. Great environment
Productive and fun workplace
Finance Assistant (Former Employee), WeybridgeMay 17, 2014
The best job I have had by far, the salary, people and training provided were all higher than my initial expectations

1 2 3 4 5

About Experian

Experian Information Solutions, also known as Experian Americas, is the US-based arm of global credit reporting agency Experian – Read more