Experian

Experian Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
n/a
Client Services Associate (Current Employee), AllenDecember 11, 2014
Pros: off weekends
Cons: hourly pay
Not to much to say about this company people come and go alot. The amount hourly they start you off at is very poor I do believe thats why I have seen so many people come and go within this company.
be highly alert, attentive and understanding
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 8, 2014
Pros: easy call flow, and easy systems
Cons: skeptic customers who didnt trust our company but needed our assistance
In the call center environment, we sit as a collective and where we sit is based on our scheduled start time. The calls are all inbound and the lines are typically filled with customers who are panicking that their whole lives are going to be ruined due to a security breach at a company that they do business with. It is our job to calm them down, assure – more... them that they are being well taken care of and are receiving the best possible protection against identity theft.

My co workers during this time were great. the calls were brief as we were only assisting customers with enrollment and current plans that were already established. We made great use of this time getting to know one another and discussing work policies.

The hardest part about this job though were the skeptics. The customers who would call us for help in protecting their identity, but didn't trust us either. They felt everyone was out to get them, and convincing them otherwise was often a difficult task.

Management was pretty good. The training was great, the systems were easy, and the scripts they provided kept the call on track.
This is what I enjoyed most about this job, the simplicity of the calls and call volume. – less
Great People, Poor Job role & Targets
New Business Sales (Current Employee), New OllertonNovember 27, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: poor targets, lack of commission.
I took the role based on the fact that i would be earning a decent amount of commission to top up the wage, however, this has proved difficult for a number of reasons.

In addition to this, i did not realise how much cold calling would be involved. That wouldn't be the problem but the leads are horrendous and the targets are completely unrealistic with – more... the poor leads.

The job involves calling random small/medium sized UK businesses to give them free access to the site in order to run a few of their own customers credit reports. It initially involves cold calling, then showing the reports detailing the features, finding any issues they have with slow payers/bad debts with the main aim to make the business sign up to a 12 month subscription. – less
Was a relatively enjoyable place of employment
Credit Associate (Former Employee), Allen, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: adequate pay, good physical working conditions.
Cons: team spirit culture a bit over the top.
For a call center it was a relatively enjoyable place of employment.
Experian
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, caNovember 21, 2014
Pros: nice work environment and lots of great chess players
Cons: security was always a factor. they had many layoffs while there.
Interviewed many SMEs to document a specific process known as the "outside list". This entailed documenting a VB application, a Java application and a mainframe application. I basically went step by step how to perform the task.

Left alone to complete the tasks on my own. I work best like this.

I documented many applications. One was an inhouse QA – more... Plotter tool that the data analysts would use to perform QA on their input and output files created by the Outside List process.

Assisted the trainers by preparing documents for the new employees in Santiago, Chile. – less
Very Professional Global Corporation Excellent Management
Facilities Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: management style
My experience at Experian Was very productive and challenging. I was provided with all the necessary tools to do my job. The support I received from management was excellent. I cant thank them enough for the skills I obtained while working there.
Great company with great culture!
Marketing Data Analyst (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CANovember 12, 2014
Terrific place to work if you are looking to not only have fun in the work place, but positively impact the lives of your customers.
Good site
Senior Copywriter (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CANovember 7, 2014
Experian is a great Company to work for. People are frined and very nice,
love the people I work with
Customer Service (Former Employee), van burenNovember 6, 2014
really nice place to work in . I enjoy the benefits, love the culture
Fun company culture and professional work environment
Account Manager, Data Breach Resolution (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: fun culture, bonuses, great compensation, personal and professional growth promotion
Cons: job security, new leadership
Sharp and intelligent counterparts. I interacted daily with multiple internal divisions such as legal counsel, finance, business operations, senior executives, customer care and vendors. My typical day also included client interaction, problem solving, providing solutions and resolving inquiries and escalations. I worked with a great team that took – more... time to meet weekly to discuss how projects and accounts were performing and strategies for improvements. The hardest part of the job, especially in data breach, is time management due to aggressive timelines. The greatest part of the job are the people and clients I work with. – less
Day to day requirements
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGOctober 27, 2014
Pros: learning new finacial information
Cons: job security. late finishes
Customer service agent, dealing with clients over the phone, helping them with financial problems.
Very benefical to consumers
Credit Report Specialist (Former Employee), Allen, TXOctober 24, 2014
This is a great company that will go out of their way to help you reslove any credit related issues that you may acquire.
Fun workplace
Fraud and Id Theft Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long distance drive for me
Worked in a great team working environment. Love it and I learned a lot.
High energy work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAOctober 4, 2014
The company benefits are great as well as the discount perks with local businesses.
Compensation is very low.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), ChicagoOctober 1, 2014
Pros: can't think of any.
Cons: lots of layoffs. management is all over the place.
Salary range is way below industry standard.

Management was unclear on how to keep moving forward with one's career.

A lot of internal politics between middle management. Hard to get a sense for what is expected.

Lots of layoffs.
Had a great experience working for this company.
Client Services/Service Delivery (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: business casual dress, great benefits, many opportunities to learn new technology.
Cons: too many constant corporate leadership changes!
I would have hoped to be employed with this company until retirement had the had the company not been hit hard by the economic down turn of 2008/2009.
Productive work place
Cais Team Manager (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flexi work style
Cons: longer than needed hours
The life style of work is fantastic , the clients are good.

The flexi hours are a big function of the job, which makes Experian good to work for.

the hardest part of the job, is the impact of getting things changed, this can be a issue.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Automation Test Engineer (Former Employee), BirminghamSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hrs
It was a nice place to work. I had a good time with this company. Really missing my friends. I wish i cold go back.
Fast-Paced global matrix managed company
Sr. Learning Consultant (Former Employee), Virtual office - Traveled extensivelyAugust 28, 2014
Pros: constantly learning as positions morphed
Cons: work/life balance suffers
The company morphed continuously in the 18 years that I worked for Experian. One must be comfortable working in a fast paced changing work place to excel. Excellence is the standard.
Stressful but good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Van Buren,ArAugust 22, 2014
If you are lucky enough to get on a client team it is ok. Core is more stressful. They just don't offer as much to their employees as they used to.

1 2 3 4 5

About Experian

Experian¬†Information Solutions, also known as Experian Americas, is the US-based arm of global credit reporting agency¬†Experian – Read more