Location: Northern Manitoba
Expeditorsplus is currently hiring a Head Cook with 3+ years experience working in northern remote camps. This position may have up to 3 reports and will report directly to the Camp Manager.
The Head Cook will be responsible for the supervision of all kitchen staff, and the food preparation and cooking activities of Expeditorsplus Inc. They will be required to conduct ongoing research of trends in the food industry, with the focus on delivering a consistent, high level of food product. Other responsibilities will include budgeting and financial planning, providing instruction and training to staff.
- Plan menu up to 14 days in advance and estimates food portions/rations for site locations.
- Maintain/complete a food supply inventory.
- Minimum 3X3 rotation with potential 4X2 rotation (eg. 3 weeks working on-site, 3 weeks on leave, working 7 days per week).
- Keeps workstation clean and organized including fridge, freezers, countertops and stove tops.
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling and storing of food to reduce food cost expense.
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance to all legislated Food Safety guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with all Health and Safety regulations of assigned tasks and participates in the camp health and safety program
- Works with Camp Manager to continually improve guest satisfaction, while maintaining the operating budget.
- Perform other duties, which are unplanned or of a transitory nature.
- 5 + years cooking and leadership experience
- 3 + years as a head cook for a hard camp or tent camp. Equivalent experience as a 1st cook in a large scale restaurant, conference facility or sports facility.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Red Seal Certification and/or 3-5 years related experience
- Advanced Food Safety an asset
- First Aid and CPR an asset
- Previous WHMIS an asset
- Valid Drivers License
- Clean Criminal Record check
Expeditorsplus Inc. provides the most comprehensive and resourceful remote operations and management services available, for mining and exploration companies, construction and infrastructure development, government and aboriginal communities, and remote tourism businesses.
If you are ready to become part of a dynamic team, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectation in confidence:
Closing date for all applications will be March 18th, 2013
ONLY MANITOBA RESIDENTS NEED APPLY.