Housekeeper – Camp Attendant
Location: Northern Manitoba
Expeditorsplus is currently hiring a Housekeeper with 3+ years experience working in northern remote camps. This position will report directly to the Camp Manager.
Housekeeping will be responsible for the control of cleaning and servicing for the camp. Their job duties are critical in the effective management of the camp, as cleanliness is of the highest priority. Willing to do 4 weeks in camp, 2 weeks out. Transportation, lodging and food provided for the scheduled time at the camp.
- Cleaning and routine maintenance of all housekeeping tools and appliances
- Record keeping of any maintenance and repair completed
- Clean and sanitize wash bay facilities
- Clean all offices
- Empty all outdoor cigarette butt receptacles
- Sweep and clean all wood pathways of debris and snow etc
- Empty all garbage containers
- Clean and vacuum recreation room every day
- Clean all rooms once per week and each time a person checks out
- Clean all windows on a seasonal basis
- Assist Camp Manager as required
- Maintain acceptable Provincial standards of cleanliness in assigned areas. Performs quality assurance inspections and ensure high quality of cleanliness is maintained in all areas of responsibility.
- Plan and coordinate work and ensure proper frequencies are maintained.
- Keep records and appropriate log books current and maintain all necessary documentation and reporting.
- Responds to concerns and request with a sense of urgency and take necessary corrective action including timely follow-up.
- Maintain health and Safety program.
- Maintain Proper ordering procedures.
- Perform other duties, which are unplanned or of a transitory nature.
- 3 + years housekeeping experience
- Experience in a remote camp setting
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- First Aid and CPR an asset
- Previous WHMIS an asset
- Valid Drivers License
- Clean Criminal Record check
Expeditorsplus Inc. provides the most comprehensive and resourceful remote operations and management services available, for mining and exploration companies, construction and infrastructure development, government and aboriginal communities, and remote tourism businesses.
If you are ready to become part of a dynamic team, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectation in confidence. Closing date for all applications will be April 18th, 2013. Must be available on short notice. Preference given to Manitoba residents.