The Assistant Cook/Baker, under the direction of designated culinary management, will prepare, present, store, and dispatch all food and baked products. This will include pre-set menu specifications within the given time limitations as previously determined by the Head Cook according to the standards of Expeditorsplus Inc., as determined by the Head Cook, and in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling guidelines at all times.
- Prepare salads, sandwiches, baking, and assist in all food preparation
- Ensure and provide consistent food preparation and the highest calibre of food presentation, following Expeditorsplus Inc. food service and hospitality standards, and ensure communication to the food service staff and supervisors, specifically but not limited to Food Production operations within the kitchen.
- Assist in maintaining/completing a food supply inventory.
- Requisitions and determines delivery dates of food and supplies from storage areas, to meet daily\weekly menu requirements.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness. Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained in the various kitchen areas on a daily basis and that all food products are stored in accordance with provincial regulations.
- Minimum 3X3 rotation with potential 4X2 rotation (eg. 3 weeks working on-site, 3 weeks on leave, working 7 days per week). Flexibility in the schedule may be required to accommodate customers special requests.
- Work up to twelve (12) hour shifts or as outlined in employee agreement
- Keeps workstation clean and organized including fridge, freezers, countertops and stove tops.
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling and storing of food to reduce food cost expense unless otherwise directed.
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance to all legislated Food Safety guidelines.
- Checks all equipment used in preparation of food to ensure that correct procedures and sanitizing methods are used to prevent contamination.
- Ensures compliance with all Health and Safety regulations of assigned tasks and participates in the camp health and safety program
- Provided feedback to Camp Manager to continually improve guest satisfaction, while maintaining the operating budget.
- Follow and comply with company protocols, processes, SOP and Kitchen Manual.
- Perform other duties, which are unplanned or of a transitory nature.
- 5 + years cooking and leadership experience
- 3 + years as an assistant cook/1st cook for a hard camp or tent camp.
- Equivalent experience as an assistant cook/1st cook in a large scale restaurant, conference facility or sports facility.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
Expeditorsplus Inc. provides the most comprehensive and resourceful remote operations and management services available, for mining and exploration companies, construction and infrastructure development, government and aboriginal communities, and remote tourism businesses.
If you are ready to become part of a dynamic team, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectation in confidence: Closing date for all applications will be March 18th, 2013
Indeed - 2 years ago
Expeditorsplus Inc. provides the most comprehensive and resourceful remote operations and management services available, for mining and...