Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This is such a happy & fun job, I wish I had done this all my life.
Sales (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 25, 2013
Pros: vacation perks
Cons: having to deal with a client that has a health problem.
A typical day is one were a clients comes in & we discuss were they want to go & do on their vacation.
You learn after a few minutes exactly want they want & you get to plan it for them & the ultimate joy is when they return from their vacation & are so very happy.
Our Franchise owner is the best always accommodating, pleasant & also there when you – more... need her.
I am very lucky to work with such pleasant & helpful co-workers, we all get along & even get to go to seminars & conferences together.
The hardest part of this job happened this week when a client came in & said that she had to cancel her vacation to Hawaii because her MIR was not what she expected & her doctor felt this vacation would be too much for her. It broke my heart to see her cry as she was so looking forward to this vacation.
The most enjoyable is when my clients return from their vacation & are so excited & they show me photos of their vacation. – less
NA
Geographer (Former Employee), SeattleAugust 20, 2014
In this position I first managed the geography in Nth America and then Asia Pacific where I was responsible for the creation, maintenance, and analysis of global geographic, administrative divisions, hotels, car vendors, points of interest, airports, train & metro stations, and mapping data across Expedia Inc. brands.
Great Work Environment with fun co-workers and most management positions
Property Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 13, 2014
Pros: travel reimbursement program; discounted travel rates to hotels
Cons: hard to move up into management
Call center phone call from North America continent.
enhanced my De-escalation skills with upset, angry, confrontational individuals over the phone.
Co-workers experience same frustrations as you so they can easily relate and dont judge for occasional bad attitude.

Favoritism is apparent based on extra job duties assigned or tasks given.
movement into – more... leadership is hard, mainly because turn-over in those positions is low. – less
Great Company, But Sub Par Middle Management
GLOBAL TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: travel perks
Cons: void of emotional intelligence within middle management
I loved working at Expedia, especially all the travel perks! The Senior Management was great, but some of the people they hired in Middle Management were pathetic.

The company put a "huge" emphasis on hiring people who looked good on paper, but failed to pay attention to their people skills and personality. What I often found is that Middle Managers – more... suffered from "culture clash". Our company was fun, upbeat, and fast pace; whereas alot of the Middle Managers seemed more intent on "changing our culture" rather than "embracing it"

Depending on where you land in the organization there will be a night and day difference in Middle Management. The issue does not exist everywhere, but it is prominent enough that I hope Senior Leadership takes notice.

If you don't love travel, enjoy a little zaniness, or don't interact with others don't bother to apply...you will stick out like a sore thumb! – less
Different, fast pasted, and unexpected
Client Services/Vendor Support Agent (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 30, 2014
Working for Expedia/Hotels.com was nothing new in a respect that it was a call center. But what we were doing was. With any new job I was always nervous especially with not knowing anyone. But as always everyone was welcoming! The pay was great and everyday was different. Since I was such a quick learner I was always selected to help new employees, – more... listen in on their calls and give pointers. Selected for special projects, supervising the floor etc. I started to learn patience with those that weren't as swift learners as myself or others. And to have compassion on those that felt like quitting. And also started to push people towards wanting and to do better regardless of the numbers or past experiences or failures. The hardest part was providing back a negative report…and the most enjoyable part was making not only a clients' day but a new coworker; in lending a helping hand along with a smile of encouragement. – less
Travel Industry
Escalations Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free tickets and travel discounts
Cons: *********************************
I work in escalations so its demanding and at times very interesting with the calls i receive on a regular basis.
DECENT WORKPLACE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: discounts in air ticket
Cons: poor management
GOOD CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITY.
APPROCHABLE.
BUIT NO JOB SECURITY.
Excellence in Pockets
Program Development & Management (Former Employee), Bellevue WAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: travel benefits, vacation time, relaxed culture
Cons: below mid-point pay
Some terrific people here but, like anywhere there are some subpar performers hiding out. Kind of a hesitant culture which is a bit of a disconnect from the CEO's risk appetite but meh, that's what happens down stream. I'd send my friends and family to work here.
Fast paced,entirely satisfying to complete issues for a customer
Customer Service Tier 3 (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 9, 2014
great co-workers
supportive team
hardest part of the job was the stress
most enjoyable part was to fulfill the customer's wishes on the call
Overall good company to work for
Financial Operations (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free food, benefits, team outings, flexible schedule
Cons: overtime alot, occurences, cliques
I loved working for Expedia. The really only thing about the company is there are a handful of people in high level management that really are terrible. They are VERY conservative and DO NOT respect anyone that disagrees with them or not like them. They will fire you or make it hard for you so you will leave. Which makes it hard on supervisors and managers, – more... because they are pressured. If those 2-3 people were gone it would be a almost perfect place to work at. – less
Great team to work with.
Executive Assistant and Events Planner (Former Employee), LondonJune 25, 2014
Great team to organise events for. Team work, friendly, hard working and supportive.
Fun place to work.Always want to be there.
Reservation & Ticketing, Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 13, 2014
Pros: had a good gym.
Cons: need to work under pressure
Get to talk to different people, no two days are the same, everyday is a new challenge.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Senior Portfolio Management Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 8, 2014
I enjoyed spending the last 7 years at this company. They treat their employees very well and the benefits are amazing. Very relaxing work environment. Definitely not for someone that needs to be hand held. Very fast pace and constantly changing.
nice place
IT Security Strategy Analyst (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 7, 2014
Pros: free food most of the time
Excellent perks
Good work life balance
Easy going staff
Great work culture
Wonderful location
Fun while it lasted...
Brightware Agent (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 6, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: out-sourcing of jobs
A typical workday was very structured. You have specific times to break and to take lunch. I learned a lot about customer service and sales in this position. The management team was very reliable and available for the employees. My co-workers were very professional and did buy in to the team approach to getting the job done. I was promoted within six – more... months, and began to correspond via email with customers. This became more challenging due to having to address every issue in a written response. The most enjoyable part of the job was its stability, until I found out that my job was being shipped to El Salvador! – less
Productive and fun workplace
Lodging Support Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TxMay 5, 2014
Pros: free drinks, lunches, breakfast
Cons: stability, management issues
Everyday was mostly the same take calls and go home. Management was not a strong factor as it changed almost every month. Nothing was steady as far as Sups and leads. So I think that is why the environment was not as enjoyable and not so friendly cause you didn't know who would be over you the next day.
Expedia and its perks
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 2, 2014
A great work environment. Base plus commission job. Helping people get the best lodging accommodations all over the U.S and the World. With 240,000 hotels worldwide, their is definitely some interesting places that people go to travel. Their is nothing bad about my job, and more importantly I wish I was doing better at it, cause I can see it being a – more... very successful position. I'm just trying to keep my options open right now. Thanks – less
Great company to work for. Many incentives, and giveaways.
Cruise Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, free cruises, gift cards, cruise company lunches, etc
Cons: management, "unwritten rules", inconsistency, numerous changes, etc
Working for Expedia was a good experience and I took away a lot of knowledge that I did not know of before hand. The travel business is a great thing to be apart of. There is always something new you're learning about.
Associate System Administrator /Data Center Services
Associate System Administrator (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 23, 2014
Data Center Services work load can vary from day to day.

Excellent opportunity to learn hands on in an Enterprise level environment.
expedia. its a job
TRAVEL AGENT/SALES AGENT/PART TIME TRAINER (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 23, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: no chance of advancment
no chance of advancement, in the call center you cant move up.

1 2 3 4 5

About Expedia, Inc.

As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we – Read more