Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecOctober 2, 2013
Interesting place to wok.
Co-workers are cooperative and helpful.
However, the hardest part of the job is to collect information about your daily tasks.
But the enjoyable part is that the work is always done in time without any extra hours.
This is such a happy & fun job, I wish I had done this all my life.
Sales (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 25, 2013
Pros: vacation perks
Cons: having to deal with a client that has a health problem.
A typical day is one were a clients comes in & we discuss were they want to go & do on their vacation.
You learn after a few minutes exactly want they want & you get to plan it for them & the ultimate joy is when they return from their vacation & are so very happy.
Our Franchise owner is the best always accommodating, pleasant & also there when you – more... need her.
I am very lucky to work with such pleasant & helpful co-workers, we all get along & even get to go to seminars & conferences together.
The hardest part of this job happened this week when a client came in & said that she had to cancel her vacation to Hawaii because her MIR was not what she expected & her doctor felt this vacation would be too much for her. It broke my heart to see her cry as she was so looking forward to this vacation.
The most enjoyable is when my clients return from their vacation & are so excited & they show me photos of their vacation. – less
Best Place I have ever worked
Lodging Support Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 16, 2014
Pros: everyone is caring, very professional
Cons: overnights can be very busy
I absolutely loved my job here. I wish I did not have to move in the fall of 2014 or I would have kept it forever,but things change. Defiantly is a wonderful place to work. I worked a day shift, and I still had time to do homework at my desk for school. Everyone was very understanding and always willing to help you out if you need it.
Great company to work for until we trained our replacements
Network /System Administrator (AWSA) (Former Employee), Phoenix AzDecember 15, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company immensely until we trained a NOC team in india and they promised our jobs were safe. Once we had the other team up and running they let all of the contractors go.
Productive and fun place of work
CustomerOps Support Analyst, Expedia Inc (Former Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 25, 2014
Being a part of a team that will handle 24x7 operational hours was fun and always a good challenge to accept.
Good job with unstable future
Sales (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 18, 2014
Pros: meet some new friends, good benefits, vacation time
Cons: crazy schedules, some managers are hard to deal with, always walking on egg shells
I had a good experience at this company as I did what was asked of me. You are graded by performance on quarterly basis and always reminded that the door to exit is right there. I've never seen a place where so many people come and go. Most people call it a Revolving Door. It often seems when you start to know someone they are let go. The company does – more... not pay for holidays nor observe holidays. So you can bet you are working every holiday unless you're scheduled off. As a new person coming on you will almost always be working weekends and be ready to get up early. They do offer good benefits for employees. It was a good job selling travel. – less
Expedia
Cruise Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2014
A very time oriented company. Works with his employees, while keeping focused on the company.
Expedia
Cruise Specialist (Current Employee), Las VegasOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free specialty coffee and filtered water; travel benefits.
Extremely complex and frustrating job - especially for the money you earn. I have several years experience in the travel industry and have never worked in a company that had such poorly functioning operating systems. They also have no regard for potential worker's compensation claims. The desks are too small for the two very large screens you have to – more... view on a continual basis; no wrist rest and no mouse pad, chairs don't adjust. Very uncomfortable for an 8 hour shift.

They also don't advise you the commission plan or work schedule until you have completed 6 weeks of training. – less
Good environment; however, they had too many management changes leading to unhappy employees
UAT Financial Business Analyst/Jr Project Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 22, 2014
Pros: team building and excellent benefits
Cons: management reorgs
A typical day at work would begin with the Project Manger, Developer, key stakeholder, or someone from the Engineer team contacting me regarding my part of the SCRUM process. I would write BRDs, user stories, and test case scenarios after meeting with the stakeholders and project group. Then, I would begin regression testing. I would perform a check – more... and balance on my tests by writing my own SQL queries for a final outcome.

I learned a lot about SQL. Management began great, and then after several reorgs, management declined drastically. The co-workers were literally the best of the best. The hardest part of my job was knowing which boss to report to and when. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting or exceeding my deadlines and winning an award for saving the company money through one of my analytical findings. – less
Fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 16, 2014
I enjoyed my time there and there is much room for growth. If you do not have a family, get on board with them and take it wherever you want it to go...worldwide!
Great culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay scale
Cons: no work-life balance
No work like balance
Great work culture
Great people and corporate ethics
No work-life balance
good place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee), springfieldSeptember 27, 2014
overalll good place to work but other than that i really have nothing to say.
Solid opportunity for entering the world of travel planning
Vacation and Cruise Consultant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great environment, fun and rewarding.
Cons: commission-only pay (low at beginning until volume is built).
Great company providing an opportunity for entering the world of travel planning. It is certainly an environment that provides learning on an ongoing basis. Franchise Partners are there to be utilized for answering questions on a daily basis. Co-workers can also be learned from based on their area(s) of expertise. The hardest part of this job is a combination – more... of commission-only pay and learning all the options available for the effective booking of travel. – less
Fun place to work
Network Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee), DALLAS TXAugust 31, 2014
Lots of work very intense environment but rewarding. Company relocted NOC to Arizona
NA
Geographer (Former Employee), SeattleAugust 20, 2014
In this position I first managed the geography in Nth America and then Asia Pacific where I was responsible for the creation, maintenance, and analysis of global geographic, administrative divisions, hotels, car vendors, points of interest, airports, train & metro stations, and mapping data across Expedia Inc. brands.
Great Work Environment with fun co-workers and most management positions
Property Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 13, 2014
Pros: travel reimbursement program; discounted travel rates to hotels
Cons: hard to move up into management
Call center phone call from North America continent.
enhanced my De-escalation skills with upset, angry, confrontational individuals over the phone.
Co-workers experience same frustrations as you so they can easily relate and dont judge for occasional bad attitude.

Favoritism is apparent based on extra job duties assigned or tasks given.
movement into – more... leadership is hard, mainly because turn-over in those positions is low. – less
Great Company, But Sub Par Middle Management
GLOBAL TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: travel perks
Cons: void of emotional intelligence within middle management
I loved working at Expedia, especially all the travel perks! The Senior Management was great, but some of the people they hired in Middle Management were pathetic.

The company put a "huge" emphasis on hiring people who looked good on paper, but failed to pay attention to their people skills and personality. What I often found is that Middle Managers – more... suffered from "culture clash". Our company was fun, upbeat, and fast pace; whereas alot of the Middle Managers seemed more intent on "changing our culture" rather than "embracing it"

Depending on where you land in the organization there will be a night and day difference in Middle Management. The issue does not exist everywhere, but it is prominent enough that I hope Senior Leadership takes notice.

If you don't love travel, enjoy a little zaniness, or don't interact with others don't bother to apply...you will stick out like a sore thumb! – less
Different, fast pasted, and unexpected
Client Services/Vendor Support Agent (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 30, 2014
Working for Expedia/Hotels.com was nothing new in a respect that it was a call center. But what we were doing was. With any new job I was always nervous especially with not knowing anyone. But as always everyone was welcoming! The pay was great and everyday was different. Since I was such a quick learner I was always selected to help new employees, – more... listen in on their calls and give pointers. Selected for special projects, supervising the floor etc. I started to learn patience with those that weren't as swift learners as myself or others. And to have compassion on those that felt like quitting. And also started to push people towards wanting and to do better regardless of the numbers or past experiences or failures. The hardest part was providing back a negative report…and the most enjoyable part was making not only a clients' day but a new coworker; in lending a helping hand along with a smile of encouragement. – less
Travel Industry
Escalations Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free tickets and travel discounts
Cons: *********************************
I work in escalations so its demanding and at times very interesting with the calls i receive on a regular basis.
DECENT WORKPLACE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: discounts in air ticket
Cons: poor management
GOOD CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITY.
APPROCHABLE.
BUIT NO JOB SECURITY.

1 2 3 4 5

About Expedia, Inc.

As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we – Read more