Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company, with clear vision
Sr Market Manager & Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
My 10+ years experience at Expedia Inc was very positive. A company that is competitive with a clear vision - To be the leading travel company globally.

They challenge there employees and invest in their continued growth and development. They empower employees and engage them in company decisions.

I highly recommend Expedia as an employer
Pros
Work - Life balance, competitive compensation
Cons
Must relocate for opportunities
INDEPENDENT VACATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed my time working there. It was a friendly atmosphere, lots of help if needed. I enjoyed meeting new clients and helping them have their dream vacation.
Great office, great people to work with everyday.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONSeptember 17, 2014
My role as Sales Manager at Expedia CruiseShipCenters, Ajax involved
many things, and kept me busy everyday. Mainly, I was responsible for
recruitment and staff training. We grew our team, hit our goals, maintained a set budget and kept moving forward, growing all the time.
The hardest part sometimes was staying on task, as I was always having agents come to me with questions, but the best part was watching them learn the products and destinations, and see the sales grow. I thrive in a team environment, and have learned over the years that every team needs a leader to set targets, and guide everyone along the way until we reach the end goal. Nothing more satisfying when you accomplish a goal as a team! "Every dollar counts!" has been my motto for my entire career.
Is highly productive.
Ops and Traffiic Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ONAugust 9, 2015
Great place to give a start!
Experience as a fresher is incredible in understanding Operations so closely and deeply with enhanced tools support.
Friendly work environment
Floor Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  CairoJune 1, 2015
I had excellent relationship with my supervisors and coworkers. I had a clear job description which I never doubted what I am doing. Unfortunately the job was in rotating shift and I adjusted my self accordingly. I enjoyed my team dynamic and how we assisted each other
Pros
Medical benefit
Cons
Rotating shift
This is such a happy & fun job, I wish I had done this all my life.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 25, 2013
A typical day is one were a clients comes in & we discuss were they want to go & do on their vacation.
You learn after a few minutes exactly want they want & you get to plan it for them & the ultimate joy is when they return from their vacation & are so very happy.
Our Franchise owner is the best always accommodating, pleasant & also there when you need her.
I am very lucky to work with such pleasant & helpful co-workers, we all get along & even get to go to seminars & conferences together.
The hardest part of this job happened this week when a client came in & said that she had to cancel her vacation to Hawaii because her MIR was not what she expected & her doctor felt this vacation would be too much for her. It broke my heart to see her cry as she was so looking forward to this vacation.
The most enjoyable is when my clients return from their vacation & are so excited & they show me photos of their vacation.
Pros
vacation perks
Cons
having to deal with a client that has a health problem.
Interesting
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecOctober 2, 2013
Interesting place to wok.
Co-workers are cooperative and helpful.
However, the hardest part of the job is to collect information about your daily tasks.
But the enjoyable part is that the work is always done in time without any extra hours.