Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This is such a happy & fun job, I wish I had done this all my life.
Sales (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 25, 2013
Pros: vacation perks
Cons: having to deal with a client that has a health problem.
A typical day is one were a clients comes in & we discuss were they want to go & do on their vacation.
You learn after a few minutes exactly want they want & you get to plan it for them & the ultimate joy is when they return from their vacation & are so very happy.
Our Franchise owner is the best always accommodating, pleasant & also there when you – more... need her.
I am very lucky to work with such pleasant & helpful co-workers, we all get along & even get to go to seminars & conferences together.
The hardest part of this job happened this week when a client came in & said that she had to cancel her vacation to Hawaii because her MIR was not what she expected & her doctor felt this vacation would be too much for her. It broke my heart to see her cry as she was so looking forward to this vacation.
The most enjoyable is when my clients return from their vacation & are so excited & they show me photos of their vacation. – less
Career-oriented
SALES EXECUTIVE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesJuly 15, 2013
Pros: ambiance, freebies
Cons: long hours, toxic account
Expedia is all about hotel car, flight reservation. Busy and client centered job. When it comes to management, they are very strict about targeting metrics from day to day sale. With my fellow colleagues, we enjoy our job most especially if there an employee engagement wherein we extend our hands in joining fun filled activities outside the company. – more... Closing a sale from a client that requires full conviction in order to meet the daily metrics needed in order to keep the rank. Providing and meeting clients needs beyond customer satisfaction and expectation all through out. – less
Life is good at Expedia
Traffic & Ops Analyst II (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRApril 15, 2014
Pros: decent salary & perks.
Cons: team change is difficult.
Decent Salary & perks.
Team change is difficult.
Nice work Culture.
Payment Services Coordinator
Payment Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible
Cons: short term assignment
• Responsible for day-to-day invoice receipt, processing of invoices, reconciliation and payment authorization functions for Expedia.com and Hotel.com reservations
• Processed a high volume of transactions in a timely, accurate and organized manner
• Researched discrepancies, determined course of action and provided data to Supplier Relations
Fun and Upbeat place
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 4, 2014
Pros: good hours, pay, friendly staff.
Cons: short or no breaks.
I was a server at Old Chicago and I loved my job! the management was great and always made sure things ran as they should. My co workers were also very fun to work with. I got a good amount of hours which can be hard in the service industry and really enjoyed it!
Depends What Team You Are On
Market Associate Las Vegas (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, excelent salaries, tons of travel opportunities
Cons: advancement only if you move and some teams lack professional management
Expedia, Inc. is a great company to work for with great salaries and benefits. The team you are on will make or break your experience at Expedia. Some teams are amazing while other produce a culture of favoritism, fakeness and sensitivity.

Also, there is plenty of advancement with the company but it often requires multiple moves both domestically and – more... internationally. If you don't want to move every year or two this is not the company for you. – less
Laid back and fun
Cruise Consultant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2014
Selling cruises for Expedia, Hotwire, and AARP, working with customer to resolve complaints and issues, money transactions over the phone, devolving relationships and repore with the customers.
Great Place to Work... But will have to work
Director (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: travel discounts
Cons: a lot of personal hours required
Company invest into their employees
A lot of personal time is need to complete job
Great benefits - health and travel
Sr. Leaders have a strong and passionate focus for success
General Manager
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2014
Directed North American operations for dynamic division of Expedia, Inc. Business owner with full P&L responsibility generating annual revenue. Exceeded plan by 45% during worst economic recession in decades. Increased EBITDA by YOY. Enriched 10 managers and influenced 120+ personnel.
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), bangaloreMarch 9, 2014
currently working with expedia.uk.one place to work with full entertainment. expedia let me gain knowledge on almost all the GDS which are used in the current travel and tourism market.
Brilliant professional environment that encourages high achievement.
Brand Marketing & Communications Manager (Current Employee), Sydney, AustraliaFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: travel, study and healthcare benefits.
Cons: poor hr practices, inability to grow and develop newer staff.
Expedia is an excellent environment for those looking to carve out a career in e commerce. There is a huge focus on technology rather than just travel and therefore a skill set that can be applied to many industries outside of travel can be developed. It is an environment where challenging is very much encouraged and constant evolution and improvement – more... demanded. It is fast paced, casual, smart, fun and an excellent place for those looking to step up early in their career. – less
Well run CS call center
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 23, 2014
Team leads were very helpful with any questions or issues that may arise. Very personable atmosphere.
AF was a good time
Financial Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), LouisianaFebruary 20, 2014
Felt good to serve my country. Benefits are great and the friendships you make last forever.
Expedia is a high speed, Bleeding Edge Dot Com Environment
Network Tools Architect / Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, travel
A good working environment with excellent employees. Fast paced and always looking to improve it's self.
Challenges
Process associate (Current Employee), Gurgaon(IGT)February 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility and a good tool named 'eureka'.
Cons: rigidity in acceptance of learning.
Taking care of yesterday's commitment if any and continued efforts. How an online travel portal works is quite unique on its own. Management is perceptional, but core people are definitely not travel experts at back end as well. Efficient and competitive but less utilised. Leadership team is loyalty based as opposed to skill set.The tenured and the – more... best knows who I'am. – less
Political and No Career Path
Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: some nice individuals
Cons: elitist environment and no career path
If you work in Dallas at Hotels.com, be ready for cliques, politics and no career path unless you want to move to London or Bellevue. There are good individuals at the staff level, but the leadership is elitist because most of them are former consultants and the only people they hire are more consultants who have to come from top tier schools or else – more... they cannot do the job. If you interview there, get ready for case study style interviews like you would see at Bain, McKinsey, BCG, etc.

The 5th floor employees, in general, look down on the 6th floor employees because they are the call center. To be fair, some of the employees in the call center should represent themselves better, but it is clearly understood and stated that if there is a job opportunity on the 5th floor, they will never consider anyone from the call center. – less
Nice place
Lead Content Specialist / Content Coordinator (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: salary
Young and multicultural environment with all the typical problems of the big corporates work environments.
Informative
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2014
Very informative about the cruise market. It was amazing to learn the ins and outs of the different cruise lines, how they work, where the go and what to expect on the cruise line and their destinations.
Great company
Local Expert- Concierge Services (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great environment and training
Cons: very large company and frequent changes in management
Very organized and well managed company with wonderful benefits and enjoyable environment to work. Lots of fun interacting with travelers on a daily basis. Company was always keeping us up to date and knowledgeable on new attractions and hot spots in the area so we were confident in our ability to sell it to our guests/customers with ease.
Excellent Company
Properties Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: market leader; management style
Expedia is an excellent company to work for.
The company ethos prizes work-life balance and always encourages people to think outside the box.
Management style is very people-orientated.

1 2 3 4 5

About Expedia, Inc.

As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we – Read more