Exova

Exova Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great supportive team with awesome leaders/mentors.
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent learning experience
Cons: Not enough interaction with clients
A typical day at Exova began with preforming safety inspections in my area to ensure a safe environment for myself and my co-workers. I was able to use time management and versatile skills by taking on many tasks each day. I also was given a position in shipping and receiving.

I studied and was tested on safety precautions and procedures in great detail that were required in order to work safely with chemicals and other materials. I was able to learn how to test the flash point of a variety of materials, test for plasticity and water retention in soils, and I would record the data correctly for the clients to receive. I was given the opportunity to learn how to use a variety of instruments in order to preform each step of my analysis'.

Both management and co-workers were great to be around and made the Exova team strong. The time that I was able to spend there (as a temporary seasonal position) was made memorable by all of the smiling faces, welcoming hands, and planned social events where everyone was included.

The most challenging part of the job was when I would test for plasticity and water retention in soil because as part of the procedure I would have to dry the samples in order to weigh the results. This made meeting deadlines difficult since I was unable to control when I would receive the sample from the client as well as how long the sample would take to dry. However I was able to make ends meet through putting in extra hours on weekends and working longer hours on weekdays.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I had the opportunity to learn analysis on how to test soils and work with some great people. I enjoyed observing my mentors and learning the ins and outs of other types of analysis. I was even able to explore other departments of the lab (water, oil, and gas), and ask questions to acquire more knowledge. I was happy to leave with the thought of a potential return.
Excellent managament, friendly workers
Sr. Lab Support Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 17, 2014
Prototype fabrication and testing, Material qualification, material sourcing, Part design
A good place of work for a fresh graduate
Instrument Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2014
Pros: less supervision
Cons: reporting order is often confusing
Check all instruments if they ran ok the previous night. Check gas cylinders for level of gas pressure. If there is no issues, head to my computer. Log in into my account, check what samples are due, which ones are rush and normal. Organize and prioritize accordingly.
Most of my co-workers come in 30 minutes to one hour later. Get the informed of what needs to be done and which instruments were calibrated.
The hardest part of the job is when clients bring in a new sample and they are not quite sure what to look for.
When all instruments are running and there were no hitches.
My job
Saw-cutter (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: pays
In typical day we did 150-200 days but I can see that the customers were going else where. We started to loose customers by the car load. I learn that the more customers we had the better we had was. I learn to go fast and do the job right. I really didn't like some of my co-works because they thought they were better then me when they had very little time to learn about my job. The hardest thing about my job is watching out for the cars coming and going. I just did not like that when I got a raise it was that the minimum wage up. I like to learn about all the new cars out there.
Interesting
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2012
Great Place to work,
great people
learn something new everyday
good place to work
Senior NDE/Welding Inspector (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 24, 2012
Pros: 100% benifits
Cons: no notice of layoff
typical company of good benifits and good workplace, but management has no warning of the personnel when to shut down the operation.
Un travail plaisant mais à amélioration
Technicien en environnement de l’air (Current Employee), Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Voyage à travers tout le Québec
Cons: Souvent sur la route
L'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste

-Mon travail demande de travailler de très longue heure dans des environnement peux commode (usines).

L'aspect le plus agréable de votre poste

-Être à l'air libre et voir du pays
Environnement de travail agréable
Technicien en Chimie inorganique (Former Employee), Saint-Augustin, A8November 11, 2014
Pros: heures flexibles
Cons: moins de communications entre les employés et les cadres
la journée , il faut consulter son ordinateur pour voir les taches de la journée. plusieurs opportunités de developpement, le management est basé sur la formation continuelle des agents.
le plus difficile c,est la precision et la constante concentration pour mieux effectuer les tests. Le plus agréable est la flexibilité des horaires.
Industry