Exova

Exova Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good place of work for a fresh graduate
Instrument Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2014
Pros: less supervision
Cons: reporting order is often confusing
Check all instruments if they ran ok the previous night. Check gas cylinders for level of gas pressure. If there is no issues, head to my computer. Log in into my account, check what samples are due, which ones are rush and normal. Organize and prioritize accordingly.
Most of my co-workers come in 30 minutes to one hour later. Get the informed of what – more... needs to be done and which instruments were calibrated.
The hardest part of the job is when clients bring in a new sample and they are not quite sure what to look for.
When all instruments are running and there were no hitches. – less
My job
Saw-cutter (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: pays
In typical day we did 150-200 days but I can see that the customers were going else where. We started to loose customers by the car load. I learn that the more customers we had the better we had was. I learn to go fast and do the job right. I really didn't like some of my co-works because they thought they were better then me when they had very little – more... time to learn about my job. The hardest thing about my job is watching out for the cars coming and going. I just did not like that when I got a raise it was that the minimum wage up. I like to learn about all the new cars out there. – less
Interesting
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2012
Great Place to work,
great people
learn something new everyday
good place to work
Senior NDE/Welding Inspector (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 24, 2012
Pros: 100% benifits
Cons: no notice of layoff
typical company of good benifits and good workplace, but management has no warning of the personnel when to shut down the operation.
Exova
Laboratory technician (Former Employee), United KindgomMay 15, 2014
Pros: you get paid
Cons: everything else
A good stepping stone to gain experience but definetly not a long term job. Use it to get experience if you have to but get out ASAP.
Terrible place to work
Test Technician (Former Employee), MichiganApril 18, 2014
Pros: none whatsoever.
Cons: low pay, stressfull, oblivious managment, high turnover, lack of equip.
Working 7 days a week, minimal pay, management has no clue about the testing industry. They make promises to customer engineers they can't keep. Understaffed and overworked. Most employees have little training, Testing is spotty at best. You have to twist an arm to get any new, or calibrated equipment. Very hard to do a job without the tools to do the – more... job.

What a stress filled place to work. $0.30 raise every 2 years if your lucky.

As soon as they don't need you anymore that's it. – less
fun workplace
Office Administration (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMarch 10, 2014
work independently and able to make decisions based on
established guidelines
Good job and nice people.
Chemistry Supervisor (Current Employee), Gary, INDecember 15, 2013
This job has its ups and downs. The people are friendly and the work is pleasant.
Nice company
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 23, 2013
Great work environment and nice pay. Very simple easy work.
Great place an ideal place for work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZNovember 6, 2013
I learned how to work under pressure,because i had a lot of work to finished every day and i did well.Management was very friendly and cooperative.They helped me a lot to learned and taught me how to work under pressure.

Every part of job was easy for me as my co-workers and rest of management were very friendly and co-operatives as a result I enjoy – more... a lot every day i worked was great day for me – less
Long Term Temp
Hot Tester/Engine Tester (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 26, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: temp, one 20 min lunch throughout any 8-12 hour shift, no healthcare, no advancement
A typical day at work would start with a daily morning meeting with your entire shift consisting of the same things being said everyday supervisors showing favoritism to certain people then you hit the floor and test engines at your assigned cell/work area steady fast paced work 1 20 minute lunch at noon and thats it then none stop work till your shift – more... ends. I learned alot about Engines and to quickly diagnose problems with electrical and mechanical p[roblems. Co Workers 90% of them are immature and dont take their job seriously supervisors do not care what is or inst your fault or out of your hands its a somebodys gonna be in trouble! the hardest part of the job is getting severe burns and permanent scars along with the heat and engine fumes. And for ME the most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to be able to work 7 days a week 12.50 an hour monday thru friday then saturdays time and a half and sundays double time and a half so if your about your money and need alot of it the opportunity to have large checks were there but this buisness is currently losing its production cutting employees and is on the verge of losing their contract with GM due to Lack or exp at every level Poor work ethics – less
suprised this place is even open
P33 ON (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2013
Pros: puts food on the table
Cons: no. breaks, no safety programs, no moral
Absolute terrible place to work
Violent coworkers,
No safety procedures or protocol
I hope I don't die here
Upper management are poorly trained and incompetent
Monotony
No ergonomical freedom
Fast pace environment; you keep very busy
Fracture Mechanics Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
The co-workers make the job tolerable. You are required to learn a great deal knowalge of the specs that are required for this job. The work is very tedious and monotonous.
Staff are friendly and helpful, job as a whole is very enjoyable and varied
Administrator Food Team (Current Employee), Sutton Coldfield/BirminghamMay 8, 2013
Pros: exova provide a benefits service
Cons: salary
I typical day at Exova involves dealing wth all incoming phones and visitor inductions, incoming and outgoing post/parcels as well as logging customers on internal databases for invoicing, organising training courses and preparing training materials.

Logging all new membership clients and making any amendments to existing members. Making travel arrangements – more... for Management. Raising purchase order numbers for suppliers and contractors.

My co-workers are friendly always willing to help if needed. – less
Not a nice environment
Lab Tech (Former Employee), GrimsbyMarch 24, 2013
Pros: you can learn a little bit about microbiology
Cons: bad hours, bad pay, bad management, overload of work
Everyone who works there is looking for a new job. The staff are nice but management can be very unprofessional and unrealistic. Its stressful, low pay and generally an unpleasant place to work.
Interesting and busy role
Audit Co ordinator (Current Employee), Bassetts PoleJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: free car park good location
I organise site audits for a large retailer which involves telephoning the sites located all around the world, organising a suitable date, allocating a suitably qualified and available auditor, planning the travel accommodation and relevant supporting documentation. It is challenging in that some of the sited do not want to be audited so I need to negotiate – more... and equally sometimes the auditors diaries are full and so I have to negotiate their other commitments. The management are supportive and generally give enough training to allow you to perform well. I enjoy the satisfaction of a well planned audit and seeing the process through from the beginning when it is initially booked until the end where the report is submitted. – less
Poor working environment
Executive VP Aerospace - Americas (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2012
Cons: poor salaries, no recognition, no team building abitities
Exova is a horrible place to work. The senior leadership (CEO and President) completely destroyed autonomy and any sense of value, accomplishment at the EVP and GM levels. It is not a company that helps their employees grow.
Fast-paced, ever-changing, profit-led organisation
Business Development/Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Middle EastJuly 18, 2012
Pros: developed a great client database, good commission.
Cons: working holidays - never took time off.
Exova is a diverse testing, consultancy and training company. Certainly the senior management in Middle East wanted to cover as much geographical area as possible, maximise the industry coverage and minimise the resource allocation.

Consequently, multi-tasking was essential. In order to deliver some of the much-needed services to global clients, such – more... as leading hotels, I found myself approaching the clients, preparing detailed proposals, and delivering the various services.

The most difficult part of the job was the total lack of management team-spirit; it was literally every man for himself.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to develop and implement the most basic sales processes and systems, including CRM. Those involved in sales could see and feel the benefits of following simple systems to manage the sales process. – less
FUN WORK PLACE
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee), ABUDHABIJune 30, 2012
Pros: free lunches and accommodation
Cons: no employee refreshment programmers
The co-workers are very cooperative
No job security
poor Administration
the hardest part of the job
Navision Consultant (Current Employee), BroxburnMay 27, 2012
The hardest part of any job is to stay positive when facing negativity.