ExitCertified is looking to fill a full time Web Designer position.
The position will assist in maintaining and developing our public web site content and support marketing objectives by designing online and print content.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team, directly responsible for the development and design of our web and marketing experience. Be part of a team that is developing a next-generation web experience and strives for fresh marketing perspectives.
Providing an existing portfolio of web design work is critical to be considered for this role.
ExitCertified is a provider of certified IT training across North America, authorized by hardware and software vendors including: Oracle, Symantec, IBM, Red Hat, SAP, Apple, Hitachi, SpringSource, VMware, Cloudera, and BMC Software. ExitCertified stands for Excellence in IT Certified Education, delivering a premium education experience in advanced technology fields. Training formats provided include: Instructor-Led Classroom, Live Virtual Classroom, Self-Paced Online, and CD/DVD training.
- This position is responsible for the development of production ready web projects and marketing materials. Must take design concepts provided by the Marketing Director and turn them into function web pages.
- Assist with marketing initiatives including web campaigns, brochures, handouts, print ads, banners, etc.
- Routinely design and send email newsletters to our customer database.
- Provide templates in InDesign and Dreamweaver that Marketing can re-use.
- Take direction from SEO Agencies to optimize our web sites to meet SEO targets.
:: Technologies and Skills Required
- A portfolio of web and marketing projects you have been part of.
- PHP development experience.
- Experience working with Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Must be experienced to independently code and launch web pages from the direction provided by the Marketing Director.
- Standard Office Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in meeting workload and timeframe estimates for projects.
- Strong written/verbal communication.
- Solid team player with a passion to participate in the growth and success of our organization.
- Must be meticulous with the backend code and frontend content.
- ExJS, jQuery, or Prototype experience.
- Database Development skills (MySQL/SQL).
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization techniques.
- Apache Rewrite Rules
- Basic Apache and PHP Server Configuration on Linux Box
:: Sample Web Sites That Reflect Modern Design and Coding
One of the key responsibilities of this position will be to code the next-generation version of the ExitCertified Public Web Sites. Graphical and layout vision will be provided by the Marketing Director, and this role will have the responsibility to use that direction to code and produce the new content. A small snapshot of modern web development inspiration, techniques and styles that a candidate should have interest in and coding familiarity with include:
- www.apple.com, www.mint.com, https://squareup.com/, www.moleskine.com, www.squarespace.com , www.htc.com/europe/, www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/ , www.checkoutapp.com, zennaware.com/cornerstone/
Please specify Web Designer in your Subject Line
ExitCertified is a provider of certified IT training in North America, authorized by hardware and software vendors including Sun...