Exelon

Exelon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Long Term employment
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Oswego and Ontario NYMay 22, 2015
I enjoy working for this company but i have been here 9 years and no room for advancement looking for something with more stability.
Needs less egos in upper management
Specialist (Current Employee), WarrenvilleMay 7, 2015
Pros: Name recognition
Cons: Constant sword of hanging over your head and the stress of meeting impossible expectations
The mere size and organizational structure will take a long time to get used to. Your job is very tedious that your brain becomes dumb down and logic goes out the door. It would be very difficult to transfer your skills when you try to change jobs outside the company or to another position within. New ideas of streamlining the processes are frowned upon. Management claims to value creativity, which is a lie. NOT a good place for young people.
Solid Company, save for the drive
Desk Side Support Consultant (Former Employee), Clinton, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great perks, great pay, great company
Cons: Drive, Nuclear lifestyle
There is a very obvious care for employees, contractors, consultants, and everything in between at Exelon, they treat everyone well, and expect a lot. The main downside to Clinton Power Station was the drive, as it is pretty far outside of any other metropolitan areas.
Cost Accountant
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Kennett Square, PAApril 16, 2015
At the time I worked here management was great, they cared about theie employees, and good work life balance. Big company with a lot of opportunity.
Great Place to Work
Associate Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
I thought Exelon was a great place to work with fantastic benefits and compensation. THe work life balance is difficult at times, but overall a good company.
Exelon Review
Manager, Customer Solutions (BGE) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2015
The Company is working hard to establish itself as best in class. They are constantly going through change as they continue to provide excellent service to their customers.
Good workforce
Senior Supervisor, Customer Care (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Careers
Generous benefit package/excellent safety practices/diverse workforce/utility expertise/community outreach/long hours
Opportunities for advancement
Chemistry Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Forked River, NJApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Long hours and demands at power station
Opportunities for training and advancements
Very diverse copany

Exelon has a strong tradition of community involvement – of committing our energy for the community. Volunteerism allows us to put a personal face on our corporate citizenship initiatives. We work to strengthen and enrich our communities not only with contributions of time and money, but also by increasing opportunities for youth through education and science. To ensure the security of our customers and our communities, we maintain both vigilance in emergency response preparation and public safety outreach.

The best group of electric generation and electric and gas delivery companies in the United States – providing superior value for the customers, employees, investors and the communities we serve. The Exelon family of companies requires a workforce that is bold and committed to our core values: safety, integrity, diversity, respect, corporate citizenship, accountability and continuous improvement. We foster a culture that focuses on performance, promotes thought leadership, encourages innovation and acknowledges the power of ideas that are generated by a diverse work force.
Overall a very good company to work for.
Sr. Maintenance and Technical Trainer (Former Employee), Midland, PAMarch 31, 2015
Co-workers were always team players. Line supervision were resourceful and engaged in support of training. Senior managers were involved in oversight and company related information was well communicated.

The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the administrative aspects. Minimal administrative support was available.

Interfacing with the line during daily work activities was always enjoyable.
Great Company
Senior Executive Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), ChicagoMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great people
I loved working at Exelon. The people were wonderful and I was given many opportunities to advance.
Exelon is a large, global company with a remarkable future.
Learn a lot - real fast
Human Resources (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: tons of free lunches, networking, traveling
Cons: working off the desk busy - but it's a great stretch opportunity
You hit the ground running and you have a really supportive management team that has your best interest. I have learned a lot and can attribute many of my skills thanks to this position.
Enjoyable - great employees - great benefits
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Learned Customer Service Skills and enjoyed the employees
Worked at several offices where I got to meet alot of other employees -
Productive workplace
Principal Consultant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches, team events
Cons: management teams not cohesive, unorganized
Excellent workplace, innovative an fast-paced. Team environment , always seeking ideas for improvement., but slow to implement.
Industry Leader
Performance Improvement/Accred and Eval Spclst (Current Employee), Upstate, NYFebruary 21, 2015
A well-established path for success, rife with opportunities for those who seek it. A large corporation which cares about it's members and community.
Good pay, lots of opportunities to learn
Senior Oracle Consultant/Hadoop Developer (Current Employee), chicago ILFebruary 3, 2015
I have been working at Exelon as a contractor (2 years)

Great pay, I love the team that I am working . There are a lot of opportunities if willing to put the work in. Inspired by leadership.
Keep a positive attitude regardless of the seemingly endless uphill battle. Support those who are striving to succeed on a task and hold accountable those who do not
High Demand High Reward
SR. IT AUDIT & CONTROLS MANAGER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Very diverse culture, but difficult environment to navigate at times. Execution is everything and lessons learned are always mined for improvement. High impact, high demand culture elicits the best out of resources (including people).
IT ANALYST INTERN
IT Analyst Intern - Enterprise Wide Solutions Team (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
My intern experience with this company was fair, I had a chance to work inside a corporate setting and learn a few new skills such as SharePoint, InfoPath and Data analysis. My supervisor in my opinion could have tried a little harder to provide me with work because I had a lot of downtime which I had to make use of with demonstrating my eagerness to learn and look for work to do on my own.
Kiss your wife and kids goodbye
Lineman (Former Employee), Mt. ProspectJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: bennies
Cons: no family life
Very demanding with FORCED OT all the time.. Pay is great because of so much OT but don't plan on having anytime to spend it with your family. Arcos call out system is automatic and not managed by foreman. Expect to work long forced hours and also take call outs or be disciplined. The employees are the ones that make this place bearable. Favoritism is rampant.
Productive individuals producing volumes of great work!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great green environment
Cons: location
High energy work atmosphere full of highly driven individuals producing results that are dynamic.
Unfairness In The Workplace By Management
Customer Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2014
Pros: co-workers helpful
Cons: management had no over-sight
In the department that I worked it was unbelievable how Management favoritism went. I was treated unfairly on many levels.

1 2 3 4 5

About Exelon

The City of Brotherly Love meets the Windy City and The Greatest City in America in utility and power generating holding company – Read more