Exelon

Exelon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learn a lot - real fast
Human Resources (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: tons of free lunches, networking, traveling
Cons: working off the desk busy - but it's a great stretch opportunity
You hit the ground running and you have a really supportive management team that has your best interest. I have learned a lot and can attribute many of my skills thanks to this position.
Enjoyable - great employees - great benefits
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Learned Customer Service Skills and enjoyed the employees
Worked at several offices where I got to meet alot of other employees -
Productive workplace
Principal Consultant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches, team events
Cons: management teams not cohesive, unorganized
Excellent workplace, innovative an fast-paced. Team environment , always seeking ideas for improvement., but slow to implement.
Industry Leader
Performance Improvement/Accred and Eval Spclst (Current Employee), Upstate, NYFebruary 21, 2015
A well-established path for success, rife with opportunities for those who seek it. A large corporation which cares about it's members and community.
Good pay, lots of opportunities to learn
Senior Oracle Consultant/Hadoop Developer (Current Employee), chicago ILFebruary 3, 2015
I have been working at Exelon as a contractor (2 years)

Great pay, I love the team that I am working . There are a lot of opportunities if willing to put the work in. Inspired by leadership.
Keep a positive attitude regardless of the seemingly endless uphill battle. Support those who are striving to succeed on a task and hold accountable those who do not
High Demand High Reward
SR. IT AUDIT & CONTROLS MANAGER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Very diverse culture, but difficult environment to navigate at times. Execution is everything and lessons learned are always mined for improvement. High impact, high demand culture elicits the best out of resources (including people).
IT ANALYST INTERN
IT Analyst Intern - Enterprise Wide Solutions Team (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
My intern experience with this company was fair, I had a chance to work inside a corporate setting and learn a few new skills such as SharePoint, InfoPath and Data analysis. My supervisor in my opinion could have tried a little harder to provide me with work because I had a lot of downtime which I had to make use of with demonstrating my eagerness to learn and look for work to do on my own.
Kiss your wife and kids goodbye
Lineman (Former Employee), Mt. ProspectJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: bennies
Cons: no family life
Very demanding with FORCED OT all the time.. Pay is great because of so much OT but don't plan on having anytime to spend it with your family. Arcos call out system is automatic and not managed by foreman. Expect to work long forced hours and also take call outs or be disciplined. The employees are the ones that make this place bearable. Favoritism is rampant.
Productive individuals producing volumes of great work!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great green environment
Cons: location
High energy work atmosphere full of highly driven individuals producing results that are dynamic.
Unfairness In The Workplace By Management
Customer Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2014
Pros: co-workers helpful
Cons: management had no over-sight
In the department that I worked it was unbelievable how Management favoritism went. I was treated unfairly on many levels.
outstanding company to work for
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare, 401k, and company vehicle access
Cons: not working overtime
Read 500 or more electric meters daily. Practice 100% safety all the time everyday. I learned how to read maps and use a handheld. Managers were perfect, hardest part about the job walking and dogs. The most enjoyable part of the job working overtime.
Highly stressful and a job that takes over your life
Employee (Former Employee), Limerick, PANovember 18, 2014
Pros: lunch available on site, good pay
Cons: stress and very high expectations
If you can handle working at a power plant that has security guards with huge guns, airport-like security to go in and out of the plant, and barbed wire...You may like this company. It is high stress and everything should have been done 3 days ago. It is constant catch up. Ever since they merged with Constellation, there has been many employee cut backs. Your bonuses are based on how well the plant performs. The yearly Outage is a beast - think 12 - 14 hour days and weekends for 3 straight months. You also have to be trained continuously. If you fail some of the tests, you will be escorted off the premises. Upper management leaves often, causing strain and stress to get the plant working under the new VP. Many employees see a psychiatrist. Expect bringing your work home, physically and emotionally.
Nice big company.
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: big company long term employment & better chance for advancement.
Cons: that i am not still there
Hardest part:
Learning the procedures and process of the department. Then watching the department go from 43 people to 8 people at the end.

Most enjoyable part:
The people they made it easier to learn & the amount of work that kept you busy all day.

Management & Co-workers:
Both management and co-workers were there to help if you need them.

Come in and open & sort incoming mail then distribute to the group.
Two different type of invoice - some (with paper sent from different parts of the company that had to be filed immediately) labor work so when invoice came in all could be verified & others were verified through the system for materials ordered & received. Eventually new program "Passport 8.0" was implemented which let you verify all invoice whether labor and/or material. Some major clients that contact us regarding multiple payments we create spread sheet with all the invoices number, amounts paid & dates paid.
Sometimes you help run the check disbursement machine and once the checks are disbursed your verify the checks for dates, signature and quick glance at the rest of check if ok then fold and stuff envelope for mailing. Update spreadsheet with check run totals.
WATCH FELLOW WORKERS
Unspecified (Former Employee), unspecifiedSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: horrible upper mgt
Rats working there,horrible supervisors BEWARE BEWARE,BEWARE.You will go nowhere High end MGT is he PITS
Great Benefits and Salary, but no Work/Life Balance
Senior Business Analyst - HR Applications (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: stressful environment
The salary and benefits at Exelon are great. The people at the company also good people to work with. However, the culture is very fast-paced and very stressful. Some managers are very disorganized and lack solid managerial skills. But, there are also some great managers in the bunch. Work/life balance is talked about over and over again, but they rarely ever live up to having a good work/life balance. The company is very demanding of your time.
Great Internship Experience!
Intern (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: comfortable and safe environment, understanding management, always busy!
Cons: difficulty finding tasks i am qualified for
On a typical day, I performed digital point investigations through electrical diagrams and represented the department in the "Plan of the Day" meetings which is a plant-wide meeting.

I learned a lot regarding safety in the nuclear industry, and the structure of corporations. Additionally, I gained a lot of insight on how spent fuel is managed on site, and some of the tasks that are done during a refuel of the plant!

I had a very respectful relationship with my boss, whom was busy with many plant tasks, but he was able to give me a lot of information about the industry.

The hardest part of my job was finding tasks I was qualified to do - as I'm still in college and have very little professional certifications. Fortunately, I was able to assist in our Plant Processing Computer Replacement Project with some of the digital inputs by reviewing electrical schematics!

The most enjoyable part was being in the environment, as at the plant, you really feel like big things are getting accomplished!
Family and Self Dependent Enviroment
Tier 2 Technical Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 22, 2014
Great Work Location
Friendly Co-Worker
Stress free work
Enjoy resolving my clients issue
Strive for perfect survey daily
Great Company with diverse job functions
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Delta, PAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary, size of corporation
Cons: seemingly unfair treatment to poeple with chronic illnesses, lack of support for people who are interested to advance their career
The company is a good company to work for if you are willing and able to work in a fast paced environment. Management encourages you to work indipendently, especially in you are a salaried employee.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity in duties from day to day.
Co-workers were good to work with, however as not being from the Delta area, it made you work harder to fit in and be excepted.
Windows 7 upgrade
Deployment Technician (Current Employee), Maywood, ILAugust 18, 2014
Image assets on a daily basis. Clean machine and wipe hard drive. Move machines in Active Directory or delete. Install applications to machines.
Great place to start a career!
Sr. Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee), Exelon Nuclear - Oyster Creek Generating StationAugust 17, 2014
Exelon is a large company with endless opportunities that accelerate development for high achieving professionals looking for a fast paced environmental that demands excellence. Great compensation and benefits!

1 2 3 4 5

About Exelon

The City of Brotherly Love meets the Windy City and The Greatest City in America in utility and power generating holding company – Read more