Exelon

Exelon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and hard work environment
Internal Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2015
A great place to work and grow your career. Competitive and hard working teams help you to grow your career in an exciting industry. The leadership team could work on being more transparent.
Fun and Competitive work place
Senior Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILAugust 13, 2015
Learned a lot from this team. Team members are competitive and flexible enough and also had great support from the co-workers.
Exelon Review
Network Security Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Great facilities, great location downtown, uses technology to enhance work/life balance
Cons: tough to get in as a permanent employee
I've been at Exelon for nine months as a contractor. They treat their contractor work force very well, probably the best I've been treated as a contractor.

They have excellent facilities and they are only getting better with a new 26 story building being built in Baltimore. It over looks the water, will have shopping, living arrangements, restaurants, and a park. It will probably be the most forward thinking structure in all of Baltimore when it is complete in 2016.

Exelon makes great use of technology, allowing employees to telecommute from home and online meetings to cut down on travel. They also show excellent care for their employees in simple ways (e.g. daily morning email with traffic alerts) and in larger issues (e.g. allowing people to stay home during Baltimore riots).

The only negative I can really think of is that Exelon's workforce is made up of probably 40% contractors. While the pay as a contractor is nice, if you are looking to find the way into a permanent position there, it is kind of tough. Not impossible, just tough.
Long hours and mandatory overtime
Nuclear Security Operations Lead (Current Employee), Limerick, PAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Job security if one can maintain standards and pass a physical fitness test
Cons: No breaks, heavy workload, expected to get everything done
Long hours with a very poor work/life balance. Copious amounts of scheduled worked creates mandatory overtime that you can not get out of due to a conflict of manpower. Heavy workload, limited resources, little timeframe to get work done. Continuously getting called in for work on a day off will ruin your plans, especially if you have a family.
Excellent Benefits and Great Culture
Instructor (Former Employee), Byron, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits
Cons: Inefficient Union
I really liked my chain of command and the people with whom I worked. The professionalism was outstanding and overall the work environment was fair. Sometimes you could be stuck in your cubicle working on a project for a long time. I didn't like the untouchable nature of the union and how everyone was afraid of them, even though they frequently did the bare minimum of their jobs.
Excellent company to work in US
Lead Technical Role (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Good Salary/Benefits and Job Culture
Cons: Technical career advancement and International relocation difficult
Excellent company to work in US, Good Salary/Benefits, Job culture and Management. However, International relocation not possible since no offices outside US, especially in India.
Exelon
Transmission System Operator (Current Employee), BaltimoreJuly 12, 2015
In transmission system operations at Exelon, a worker would experience twelve hour, rotating shifts under direct supervision of a shift manager, and paired with a team mate. During a typical day shift, one would face the challenges of assigning job responsibilities and preparing repaired equipment for service. On the evening shift, a worker would typically prepare equipment for maintenance / repairs on the following day. The hardest part of the job is the dynamics. It is ever evolving with constant changes. The most enjoyable part is the challenge. You never have the same day twice. Exelon has helped instill core values, at home as well as the work place.
Excellent
Auxiliary operator (Former Employee), Ontario, NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: none
Great company to work for and had the best management I have ever had at Ginna. If life did not change the way it did, I would still be working there.
The people make this company worth it, the company sucks
Response team member (Former Employee), Morris, ILJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Lots of money, benefits and great people!
Cons: Regulated be NRC and not by anyone with common sense.
The money is great, the people are too, but each day is hindered by red-tape so thick it's a wonder they get anything done at all.
Circuit analysis
PECO Capacity Planning Engineer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
I have been working in PECO Capacity Planning Department for six month internship. I created database model of two-hundred commercial customers for analyzing the power usage and developed relative software that optimize obsolete database for tracking entire system. Most importantly, I conducted vulnerability analysis and provided of detail improvements of large center city customer to the regional engineer group.
Long Term employment
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Oswego and Ontario NYMay 22, 2015
I enjoy working for this company but i have been here 9 years and no room for advancement looking for something with more stability.
Needs less egos in upper management
Specialist (Current Employee), WarrenvilleMay 7, 2015
Pros: Name recognition
Cons: Constant sword of hanging over your head and the stress of meeting impossible expectations
The mere size and organizational structure will take a long time to get used to. Your job is very tedious that your brain becomes dumb down and logic goes out the door. It would be very difficult to transfer your skills when you try to change jobs outside the company or to another position within. New ideas of streamlining the processes are frowned upon. Management claims to value creativity, which is a lie. NOT a good place for young people.
Solid Company, save for the drive
Desk Side Support Consultant (Former Employee), Clinton, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great perks, great pay, great company
Cons: Drive, Nuclear lifestyle
There is a very obvious care for employees, contractors, consultants, and everything in between at Exelon, they treat everyone well, and expect a lot. The main downside to Clinton Power Station was the drive, as it is pretty far outside of any other metropolitan areas.
Cost Accountant
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Kennett Square, PAApril 16, 2015
At the time I worked here management was great, they cared about theie employees, and good work life balance. Big company with a lot of opportunity.
Great Place to Work
Associate Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
I thought Exelon was a great place to work with fantastic benefits and compensation. THe work life balance is difficult at times, but overall a good company.
Exelon Review
Manager, Customer Solutions (BGE) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2015
The Company is working hard to establish itself as best in class. They are constantly going through change as they continue to provide excellent service to their customers.
Good workforce
Senior Supervisor, Customer Care (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Careers
Generous benefit package/excellent safety practices/diverse workforce/utility expertise/community outreach/long hours
Opportunities for advancement
Chemistry Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Forked River, NJApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Long hours and demands at power station
Opportunities for training and advancements
Very diverse copany

Exelon has a strong tradition of community involvement – of committing our energy for the community. Volunteerism allows us to put a personal face on our corporate citizenship initiatives. We work to strengthen and enrich our communities not only with contributions of time and money, but also by increasing opportunities for youth through education and science. To ensure the security of our customers and our communities, we maintain both vigilance in emergency response preparation and public safety outreach.

The best group of electric generation and electric and gas delivery companies in the United States – providing superior value for the customers, employees, investors and the communities we serve. The Exelon family of companies requires a workforce that is bold and committed to our core values: safety, integrity, diversity, respect, corporate citizenship, accountability and continuous improvement. We foster a culture that focuses on performance, promotes thought leadership, encourages innovation and acknowledges the power of ideas that are generated by a diverse work force.
Overall a very good company to work for.
Sr. Maintenance and Technical Trainer (Former Employee), Midland, PAMarch 31, 2015
Co-workers were always team players. Line supervision were resourceful and engaged in support of training. Senior managers were involved in oversight and company related information was well communicated.

The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the administrative aspects. Minimal administrative support was available.

Interfacing with the line during daily work activities was always enjoyable.
Great Company
Senior Executive Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), ChicagoMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great people
I loved working at Exelon. The people were wonderful and I was given many opportunities to advance.
Exelon is a large, global company with a remarkable future.
Headquarters