Exelon

Exelon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work
Associate Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
I thought Exelon was a great place to work with fantastic benefits and compensation. THe work life balance is difficult at times, but overall a good company.
Exelon Review
Manager, Customer Solutions (BGE) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2015
The Company is working hard to establish itself as best in class. They are constantly going through change as they continue to provide excellent service to their customers.
Good workforce
Senior Supervisor, Customer Care (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Careers
Generous benefit package/excellent safety practices/diverse workforce/utility expertise/community outreach/long hours
Opportunities for advancement
Chemistry Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Forked River, NJApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Long hours and demands at power station
Opportunities for training and advancements
Very diverse copany

Exelon has a strong tradition of community involvement – of committing our energy for the community. Volunteerism allows us to put a personal face on our corporate citizenship initiatives. We work to strengthen and enrich our communities not only with contributions of time and money, but also by increasing opportunities for youth through education and science. To ensure the security of our customers and our communities, we maintain both vigilance in emergency response preparation and public safety outreach.

The best group of electric generation and electric and gas delivery companies in the United States – providing superior value for the customers, employees, investors and the communities we serve. The Exelon family of companies requires a workforce that is bold and committed to our core values: safety, integrity, diversity, respect, corporate citizenship, accountability and continuous improvement. We foster a culture that focuses on performance, promotes thought leadership, encourages innovation and acknowledges the power of ideas that are generated by a diverse work force.
Overall a very good company to work for.
Sr. Maintenance and Technical Trainer (Former Employee), Midland, PAMarch 31, 2015
Co-workers were always team players. Line supervision were resourceful and engaged in support of training. Senior managers were involved in oversight and company related information was well communicated.

The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the administrative aspects. Minimal administrative support was available.

Interfacing with the line during daily work activities was always enjoyable.
Great Company
Senior Executive Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), ChicagoMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great people
I loved working at Exelon. The people were wonderful and I was given many opportunities to advance.
Exelon is a large, global company with a remarkable future.
Learn a lot - real fast
Human Resources (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: tons of free lunches, networking, traveling
Cons: working off the desk busy - but it's a great stretch opportunity
You hit the ground running and you have a really supportive management team that has your best interest. I have learned a lot and can attribute many of my skills thanks to this position.
Enjoyable - great employees - great benefits
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Learned Customer Service Skills and enjoyed the employees
Worked at several offices where I got to meet alot of other employees -
Productive workplace
Principal Consultant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches, team events
Cons: management teams not cohesive, unorganized
Excellent workplace, innovative an fast-paced. Team environment , always seeking ideas for improvement., but slow to implement.
Industry Leader
Performance Improvement/Accred and Eval Spclst (Current Employee), Upstate, NYFebruary 21, 2015
A well-established path for success, rife with opportunities for those who seek it. A large corporation which cares about it's members and community.
Good pay, lots of opportunities to learn
Senior Oracle Consultant/Hadoop Developer (Current Employee), chicago ILFebruary 3, 2015
I have been working at Exelon as a contractor (2 years)

Great pay, I love the team that I am working . There are a lot of opportunities if willing to put the work in. Inspired by leadership.
Keep a positive attitude regardless of the seemingly endless uphill battle. Support those who are striving to succeed on a task and hold accountable those who do not
High Demand High Reward
SR. IT AUDIT & CONTROLS MANAGER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Very diverse culture, but difficult environment to navigate at times. Execution is everything and lessons learned are always mined for improvement. High impact, high demand culture elicits the best out of resources (including people).
IT ANALYST INTERN
IT Analyst Intern - Enterprise Wide Solutions Team (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
My intern experience with this company was fair, I had a chance to work inside a corporate setting and learn a few new skills such as SharePoint, InfoPath and Data analysis. My supervisor in my opinion could have tried a little harder to provide me with work because I had a lot of downtime which I had to make use of with demonstrating my eagerness to learn and look for work to do on my own.
Kiss your wife and kids goodbye
Lineman (Former Employee), Mt. ProspectJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: bennies
Cons: no family life
Very demanding with FORCED OT all the time.. Pay is great because of so much OT but don't plan on having anytime to spend it with your family. Arcos call out system is automatic and not managed by foreman. Expect to work long forced hours and also take call outs or be disciplined. The employees are the ones that make this place bearable. Favoritism is rampant.
Productive individuals producing volumes of great work!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great green environment
Cons: location
High energy work atmosphere full of highly driven individuals producing results that are dynamic.
Unfairness In The Workplace By Management
Customer Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2014
Pros: co-workers helpful
Cons: management had no over-sight
In the department that I worked it was unbelievable how Management favoritism went. I was treated unfairly on many levels.
outstanding company to work for
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare, 401k, and company vehicle access
Cons: not working overtime
Read 500 or more electric meters daily. Practice 100% safety all the time everyday. I learned how to read maps and use a handheld. Managers were perfect, hardest part about the job walking and dogs. The most enjoyable part of the job working overtime.
Highly stressful and a job that takes over your life
Employee (Former Employee), Limerick, PANovember 18, 2014
Pros: lunch available on site, good pay
Cons: stress and very high expectations
If you can handle working at a power plant that has security guards with huge guns, airport-like security to go in and out of the plant, and barbed wire...You may like this company. It is high stress and everything should have been done 3 days ago. It is constant catch up. Ever since they merged with Constellation, there has been many employee cut backs. Your bonuses are based on how well the plant performs. The yearly Outage is a beast - think 12 - 14 hour days and weekends for 3 straight months. You also have to be trained continuously. If you fail some of the tests, you will be escorted off the premises. Upper management leaves often, causing strain and stress to get the plant working under the new VP. Many employees see a psychiatrist. Expect bringing your work home, physically and emotionally.
Nice big company.
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: big company long term employment & better chance for advancement.
Cons: that i am not still there
Hardest part:
Learning the procedures and process of the department. Then watching the department go from 43 people to 8 people at the end.

Most enjoyable part:
The people they made it easier to learn & the amount of work that kept you busy all day.

Management & Co-workers:
Both management and co-workers were there to help if you need them.

Come in and open & sort incoming mail then distribute to the group.
Two different type of invoice - some (with paper sent from different parts of the company that had to be filed immediately) labor work so when invoice came in all could be verified & others were verified through the system for materials ordered & received. Eventually new program "Passport 8.0" was implemented which let you verify all invoice whether labor and/or material. Some major clients that contact us regarding multiple payments we create spread sheet with all the invoices number, amounts paid & dates paid.
Sometimes you help run the check disbursement machine and once the checks are disbursed your verify the checks for dates, signature and quick glance at the rest of check if ok then fold and stuff envelope for mailing. Update spreadsheet with check run totals.
WATCH FELLOW WORKERS
Unspecified (Former Employee), unspecifiedSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: horrible upper mgt
Rats working there,horrible supervisors BEWARE BEWARE,BEWARE.You will go nowhere High end MGT is he PITS

1 2 3 4 5

About Exelon

The City of Brotherly Love meets the Windy City and The Greatest City in America in utility and power generating holding company – Read more