Exelon

Exelon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
WATCH FELLOW WORKERS
Unspecified (Former Employee), unspecifiedSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: horrible upper mgt
Rats working there,horrible supervisors BEWARE BEWARE,BEWARE.You will go nowhere High end MGT is he PITS
Great Benefits and Salary, but no Work/Life Balance
Senior Business Analyst - HR Applications (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: stressful environment
The salary and benefits at Exelon are great. The people at the company also good people to work with. However, the culture is very fast-paced and very stressful. Some managers are very disorganized and lack solid managerial skills. But, there are also some great managers in the bunch. Work/life balance is talked about over and over again, but they rarely – more... ever live up to having a good work/life balance. The company is very demanding of your time. – less
Great Internship Experience!
Intern (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: comfortable and safe environment, understanding management, always busy!
Cons: difficulty finding tasks i am qualified for
On a typical day, I performed digital point investigations through electrical diagrams and represented the department in the "Plan of the Day" meetings which is a plant-wide meeting.

I learned a lot regarding safety in the nuclear industry, and the structure of corporations. Additionally, I gained a lot of insight on how spent fuel is managed on site, – more... and some of the tasks that are done during a refuel of the plant!

I had a very respectful relationship with my boss, whom was busy with many plant tasks, but he was able to give me a lot of information about the industry.

The hardest part of my job was finding tasks I was qualified to do - as I'm still in college and have very little professional certifications. Fortunately, I was able to assist in our Plant Processing Computer Replacement Project with some of the digital inputs by reviewing electrical schematics!

The most enjoyable part was being in the environment, as at the plant, you really feel like big things are getting accomplished! – less
Family and Self Dependent Enviroment
Tier 2 Technical Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 22, 2014
Great Work Location
Friendly Co-Worker
Stress free work
Enjoy resolving my clients issue
Strive for perfect survey daily
Great Company with diverse job functions
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Delta, PAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary, size of corporation
Cons: seemingly unfair treatment to poeple with chronic illnesses, lack of support for people who are interested to advance their career
The company is a good company to work for if you are willing and able to work in a fast paced environment. Management encourages you to work indipendently, especially in you are a salaried employee.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity in duties from day to day.
Co-workers were good to work with, however as not being from the Delta area, – more... it made you work harder to fit in and be excepted. – less
Windows 7 upgrade
Deployment Technician (Current Employee), Maywood, ILAugust 18, 2014
Image assets on a daily basis. Clean machine and wipe hard drive. Move machines in Active Directory or delete. Install applications to machines.
Great place to start a career!
Sr. Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee), Exelon Nuclear - Oyster Creek Generating StationAugust 17, 2014
Exelon is a large company with endless opportunities that accelerate development for high achieving professionals looking for a fast paced environmental that demands excellence. Great compensation and benefits!
Outstanding Place to Work
IT ANALYST (Current Employee), Kennett Square, PAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, endless growth potential
The Company atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly. This company constantly promotes education and growth.
Great place to work with talented and friendly colleagues
Sr. BI Developer (Former Employee), Kennett Square, PAAugust 11, 2014
The most talented people I have ever been privileged to work with.Constantly learning and improving your own skills.
Temporary Clerical Position
Temp Outage Clerical Staff (Former Employee), Clinton, ILJuly 8, 2014
Long hours, worked hard, great pay, had lots of fun along side the company of positive people and working environment.
Exelon is a top-notch employer
Technical Intern (Former Employee), Forked River, NJJuly 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, people
Cons: n/a
I worked at the Oyster Creek Nuclear Generating Station as a technical intern during the summer of 2013. The entire experience is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life; the people- you honestly couldn't find nicer folks if you tried. The pay and compensation are outstanding (even for an internship!!!). All in all, if you have the – more... opportunity to get an internship with them, take it. Just the same with a full time position, I have family that works for Exelon and the benefits are OUTSTANDING. I've been told most of the technical jobs (as with a lot of other companies) require you to work rotating shifts, so that is something to keep in mind too. Management is great, organization is top-notch. – less
Customer care center rep (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaJune 24, 2014
Pros: overtime great pay
Cons: short breaks, micromanage, management
Call center is an awesome place to work. Absolutely love the company. The pay is awesome. However, it's micromanaged. They fire you 1st ask questions last. Union is horrible.
Exelon isn't bad
Armed Responder (Former Employee), Morris IlJune 20, 2014
Pros: great money, i left making 70, 000 a year and that's with little o.t.
Cons: it's nuclear security, you're low on the totem pole!
Working as an Armed Responder isn't hard, but getting your foot in the door is, once there you're on easy street. Training is ok, but the people make the job, Good benefits, lots of O.T. Enjoy :)
Too many layers of management
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
Pros: pension
Cons: too much emphasis on face time
The company is restructured every couple years and seems they find room for another layer of management every time. Work life balance has gone out the window.
Solid job
Nuclear Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Cordova, ILMay 2, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: shift work and long hours.
The compensation is great and the leadership is solid. The hours can be rough, but if you are not afraid to work then this is a great place to be.
Great fellow Employees.. however
Power Plant Operator (Former Employee), Forked River NJApril 14, 2014
Pros: go for management.
Cons: union useless and waste of money. terrible job security
Management and co-workers always great and willing to help. You would think in a large plant with a union that job security would be a plus of a company like this... however the union is extremely lazy and DOES NOT DO ANYTHING. file a grievance. they will do nothing about it except have meetings.
Good Pay however unchallenging job duties
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee), Cordova, ILApril 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: unchallenging
Same thing everyday. No changes. Job is easy by nature. People are friendly and management is easy to work for.
A large power generation and utility distribution company with a presence across the US
Manager - Treasury, Project Finance (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2014
Exelon is an integrated power and utility company with a large nuclear generation presence and the owner of three public utility companies. In 2012 Exelon merged with Constellation Energy to combine the latter's Wholesale and Retail power supply business with the former's generation business, essentially matching up supply with demand.

Exelon is a – more... great company for people seeking advancement in the energy sector, and for Finance professionals those looking to understand the business of power generation and utility distribution.

Exelon has locations in Chicago, Philadelphia and Baltimore and typically attracts young professionals and recent MBA graduates. – less
good if not in security
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Braceville, ILApril 2, 2014
same as above, only in security and connot get into other department, wont give security guards interviews, only a few have left. most leave to other places outside the company !
Work Friendly Environment
Emerging Technology Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
I can always approach anyone in the office whenever I need assiatants with anything. I have had a lot of coneections by networking. Theres always a guide to learn new things and also opportunities to go different places. Overall this was a good working experience and I feel I gained more knowledge.

1 2 3 4 5

About Exelon

The City of Brotherly Love meets the Windy City and The Greatest City in America in utility and power generating holding company – Read more

Exelon Photos