Exel

Exel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good benefits, free gym use, and great cafeteria
OUTBOUND COORDINATOR (Current Employee), AKRON, OHDecember 11, 2013
A typical day at work for me is very fast-paced. I do not have much down time in a day. I have to multi-task and prioritize every day. I am very committed to my work and take pride in doing my job quickly and efficiently. I would like for management and my co-workers to appreciate that. The hardest part would be the stressful environment it tends to – more... be sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is the feeling of accomplishment I get after work every day. – less
Very disorganized
Production Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2013
Pros: loved my job
Cons: did not like the leadership.
Exel was a third party contractor working for Borden. There were many issues the main being too many cooks in the kitchen. The Exel management would tell me to do one thing and Borden Management would say no way do it this way. Exel Management felt entitled and seemed to always buck the way Borden wanted it done.
Exel was both a challenging and interesting place to work. There was never a dull moment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Avon, MADecember 10, 2013
Work was always abundant at exel. We were always busy. We always had reports and deadlines, customers and clients, and drivers to attend to. Within the 2 1/2 years that I was at Exel I learned how to manage my time exceptionally well. The amount of time that you dedicated to each task was crucial to getting the job done. At one point there was only – more... three girls in the office doing the job of 8. I enjoyed working with these girls immensely. We were a great team and always got the job done. It wasnt always easy, but when the client was pleased and high numbers rolled in, it made all the hard work worth it! – less
Decent Place to work
Transportation Manager (Current Employee), INDecember 9, 2013
Enjoyable people, good education programs, opportunities to advance to supervision
bad management
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Charleston, TNDecember 6, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management team
a half way descent place to work for the money they pay but the management team there is really bad!!!! they have people there that has no clue how to run the place
PRODUCTIVE CORPORATION
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Roanoke, TXDecember 4, 2013
Exel Inc. is productive Distribution that get major contracts from major Co. to ship & rec. their product,it a good Co. but if they lose contract people get laidoff or get transfer to another city.
Operations Supervisor, The Home Depot (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PANovember 20, 2013
Good place to start a management career, good benefits package and salary for those just out of college. Not competitive for experienced managers, long hours and the salary does not reflect the amount of work hours required. Poor work life balance.
Poor management ,poor working systems.
Laborer (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: holiday dinners.
Cons: no vacations.
Start out with work assignment of your trailer. exercise,to stretch out. Learned to use R.F systems.To unload and receive merchandise.The management has bad communication skills with their workers.The hardest part of the job was the working conditions of the heat of the summer.Co-workers were very nice and helpful.Working with my co-workers.
fun work place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches & products
Cons: short breaks
a high paced work environment
how to maintain job performance on your own
management is very professional
co-workers were vocal & hardworking
hardest part of the job was picking orders for consecutive days
having conversations at work with co-workers
A Filler position
Full time propane forklift driver (Former Employee), Roanoke, TXNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good team of workers
Cons: low pay
Fork lift driver until I found a position that fit my skillset.
good team work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGNovember 12, 2013
difrent warehouse job..well organised task...nice people with high tolerance
n/a
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Tunkhannock, PANovember 12, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
well good places to work for people . a lot overtime I mean a lot
A Day at Exel
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Union City, GANovember 11, 2013
Pros: employees
Cons: pay and management
Long hours, could be paid more, supervisors are all kiss ups .
Associates make the job experience good
all around good company to work for. managers fair and pay good
Driver (Former Employee), McDonough, GANovember 11, 2013
good company to work for... sorry that they lost the contract to choppers dds
Petty, gossipy, bigoted management
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Terrell, TXNovember 10, 2013
Pros: regular paycheck
Cons: terrible oblivious management, lots of discrimination and bigotry
If you are a herd-mentality kind of a person, who likes to kiss up and work in an environment with no work/life balance, full insular favoritism cliques,miserable, offensive bigots, and we-live-in-the-clouds kind of upper management, then here’s your paradise.

Managers are petty,egoistic and gossipy to the point of passing confidential info about their – more... supervisors to lower-ranking associates in order to discredit them, while still expecting them to manage them.They steal company time by working 3 hours a shift and going home, or just not showing up and just checking on things over the phone from home.

Negative performance reviews are a bully's trump card here and are used very discriminatively for those that don't kiss up.

Terrible work/life balance - you work 50-plus hours a week but accrue vacation based on a 40-hour work-week. – less
management poor, employees fine and work place gets by
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2013
too many favorites , hard to do job when you were finishing theirs before you could start your own
Busy & demanding but enjoyable role
Transport Supervisor (Former Employee), ENGNovember 8, 2013
I worked a two shift pattern - 06.00-14.00 & 14.00-22.00. On the morning shift, I would liase with Index staff to organise the deliveries & backhaul colections required for the following day. I would then draw up a plan using Excel & assign the drivers to the various runs. I would then arrange any routine maintenance requirements with external suppliers. – more... All the time, I would be checking that deliveries where going out on time & liasing with Index regarding any delays etc & dealing with any breakdowns. The afternoon shift invloved following the plan for the day through and again liasing with Index referance any delays/problems, as well as making any necessary change to the following days plan. – less
Would not recommend Exel to my worst enemy!
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PANovember 7, 2013
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: underpaid, poor upper management
Coworkers were a great team to work with. Upper management is poor, don't care about the associates. Upper management makes the warehouse work on Holidays, but they are not there to support them. Absolutely no communication, no set schedules. Overall terrible company to work for! If you want a healthy marriage and family, Exel is not the place to work.
Great place to work.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Charleston, TNNovember 6, 2013
Pros: fast paced work environment
Cons: very long hours
Challenging, but also encouraging and rewarding. At my facility we work 4/10-13's, so the hours can be long, but the fast pace will keep you busy.
productive,and has a nice break room
Reach Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Carson, CANovember 5, 2013
Great company to work for.Pays good,great benefits,and great managers

About Exel

For Exel, the goal is to excel at supply chain management. The company arranges for its customers' freight to be hauled in truckload – Read more