Exel

Exel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoy the work I do, but this site is poorly managed. The general manager allows his supervisors to mistreat and harass the workers.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 5, 2014
Pros: easy job, good pay if you work the overtime.
Cons: extremely poor management.
Enjoyed the work I did, but this site is poorly managed. The turnover rate is high. The general manager does not care about how things are run as long as the trucks are loaded on time. He allows his supervisors to mistreat and harass the workers. Management preaches about rewarding workers for good performance and initiatives, but they actually hold – more... back the employees who go above and beyond and allow the lazy worker's to get away with everything. The HR rep there is very flirtatious, unprofessional and she has inappropriate relationships with the workers. She will help you move up if you flirt with her, but if not she will tell lies to the GM to get you fired. The only good thing about this job is that it's easy work, the pay is decent if you work the ot. Hopefully the corporate office will get involved and bring in better management and turn it around. – less
A very Productive place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAApril 2, 2014
Exel Inc. was a wonderful warehouse job. one of the best i had in a while. you knew were to be and how to do your job and they made sure you had the things you needed to get the job done.
Great work place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 2, 2014
A great company to work for, with a great work force. All employees are friendly which make this a great place to work.
Great work place,
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Victorville, CAApril 2, 2014
The work place is fast and fun at the same time the coworkers make the work load go by fast, depending on who you work with. Its great pay, good experience.
Safe, productive, mission driven work enviroment
Site Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Beech islandMarch 31, 2014
Mentoring associates through safety awareness is a very rewarding days work. I make sure associates understand what a safe work environment means. Policies are their to protect associates and make them aware of the customer needs and expectations.
The hardest part of the job is to see associates ignore standards that result in hazards that become work – more... place accidents.
The best part of my job as a site safety supervisor is to know everyone went home safely. – less
Need job security
Material Handler (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2014
Miss working with them ,they need to stop the temp. to hire and just straight up hire.
job was real easy to easy that i had to find me a diffrent job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIMarch 27, 2014
I would like to work there again but the pay was not good. was a really clean place to work my co-workers where easy to get along with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Park Royal Station, ENGMarch 25, 2014
Customer facing role based in a hospital location dealing with patients transport
Fast paced work environment
Operations Tasker/ Dock Coordinator (Current Employee), Lima, OHMarch 22, 2014
Pros: secure postion
I gained much knowledge of the inner workings of the heavy industrial aspects of business and its operations.
Exel
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Portage, INMarch 22, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: layoffs
great place to work down fall was union shop. Daily work was loading and unloading trailers for Chrysler on a cross dock
Overall is a good place to work and gain experience
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), houston tx.March 20, 2014
I would recommend to work at Exel, upper management is very helpful
You can find better
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 19, 2014
Typical Day
-High stress
-High pressure
-Running around putting out fires
-Feels like you get nothing accomplished
-Clueless upper management

Learned
-People skills
-Team-building
-Relationship management

Co-Workers
-Very territorial
-Team work is a rarity
Good Company to work for.
Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great flexible schedule
Cons: long hours.
Exel is a great company to work for. They have great benefits and great managers. The only reason I left was for something that was 3 miles from my house rather the 35 miles away.
like working at exel good fast paced company, good benefits etc.
Inventory Control (Current Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good atmosphere, good coworkers
Cons: working in refrigerated environment
have enjoyed working at exel, advanced quickly since hired, did many different positions from entry level to lead to inventory. Co workers are great group of people, and management as well.
Sort Dept.
Computer Information System (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: no break, camera follow you every where even in the break room
It a new type of customer service and engineering QA, this is really bad company and bad management, No communication and no instructions, you on your all, and if anything happen, the management will not hesitate to blame on you and fire you to save their jobs, I have to work work their jobs everyday and due with all kinds of B.S situation. Jut come – more... here for my bill – less
production assembly
LINE WORKER (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMarch 14, 2014
a typical day at work was very long as but my co workers and superiors made the time interesting by keeping us busy I managed new employee showed them the ropes the hardest part of my job was so many defects in the parts that stop me going at a fast paste I enjoyed the hours my co workers was a joy meeting new people and supervisors where easy to talk – more... to so overall I loved my jobs – less
Exel Charleston Tn
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Charleston, TNMarch 13, 2014
Fast paced warehouse, lots of OT, usually only given last minute notice. Only average pay for the area. Production percent system in place and no one in the company can explain how it works and/or how to make sure you are above where you need to be in order to keep your job.
Most non-family oriented workplace
Group Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no raises
Exel is not a place to advance. It is a warehouuse where college students can work until they graduate. The pay is horrible for the amount of work done by the associates.
fun place to work.. poor management
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Washington, WVMarch 8, 2014
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: low pay for the work load
Great place to work.. except management. At this site the management was terrible. If your opinion was not the same as theirs they find a way to get rid of you. They harassed several of us until we quit.
Great co-workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Manteno, ILMarch 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Exel, other than the fact it was -18, -20 degrees. Great people, great boss, but I had a temporary position.

About Exel

Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 – Read more