Exel Employee Reviews

Brand new job
Product Line Tech (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 December 2014
I find myself comfortable in my position. I have only started, but I know that I will enjoy the time that I spend at Exel.
Competitive wages and great employees
Dock Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 September 2014
Good people and the wage is good especially for the area.

The front line supervisory staff has fluctuated from being very good to bad and in between over my years of employment.

However growth opportunities aren't as bountiful as it may seem there.

There is in my opinion they have a low ceiling.
Safe and friendly work environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, On, Canada17 September 2014
• Deliver a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for all associates
• Plan and execute daily labor plan
• Ensure the associates have proper access to the necessary tools to perform their assigned duties and that the tools are routinely maintained
• Prioritize workloads to ensure completion and meet customer expectation
• Monitor all appropriate reports for smooth flow of operations
• Understand process performance versus target objectives, identify reasons for variance, communicate and implement necessary changes
• Maintain positive client relations with on-site clients
• Ensure daily and weekly productivity and targets are met or exceeded
• Conduct daily walkthroughs to ensure efficient work methods are applied
• Preparing weekly / monthly productivity reports thus providing performance counseling for hourly associates
• Inspire, develop and maintain a cross-training program to optimize associate performance
• Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced
• Collaborate with internal customers to facilitate strong working relationships
• Executing and maintaining attendance and behavioral corrective actions for hourly associates
Great Workplace
Training QA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 September 2014
Lots of ways to advance and good people.
I started from the bottom as a case selector, forklift operator, trainer, QA Admin and now I am a Training QA Supervisor.
The hardest part of my job is its never the same, there is always something new to learn or do.
I think the more enjoyable part of my job is helping in claims management. I love to help people and get them back to work.
Pros
My hours are flexible
Data Entry Clerk - Interesting position
Contract Position - Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brantford, Ontario9 September 2014
This job was straight nights....wasn't used to that...but overall my co-workers were very friendly. Didn't see much of management due to my shift....
its a clean safe place
trainer/forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 June 2014
i train people onn driving double pallet jacks, reach trucks, pacers sky jacks, battery change. i am also in charge of training whmis, material handling equipment, good manufactoring practises and standard loading procedures
Enjoyable fast paced flexible job
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 April 2014
Day to day jobs varied as a line lead of a co-pack department.
I was also responsible for inventory control and computer data entry.
Management was flexible and fair, and the co-workers were phenomenal to work with.
The repetitive tasks were the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable was when I was doing inventory control and data entry.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
working midnights
Productive and great place to work at.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2014
I enjoyed everyday I worked there. There were some ups and downs, but overall the company was great. Management was fair and very personable.
Pros
Great Associate Relations, xmas parties, summer games, trips
Cons
Great staff, great management team, excellent customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA12 March 2014
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth I started in scheduling then later cross trained to learn dispatch, receiving, and training new associates. My management team was one of the best to work with very positive motivating and knowledgeable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team and always met and exceeded our deadlines. The hardest part of the job was learning the delivery zones which later I created a sheet categorizing the zones to help with that learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for growth and interacting with great customers.
Pros
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth.
Cons
The Company moved back to Los Angeles county.
Long work days, sometimes 12 hrs but rewarding work.
Customer Service Rep/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 February 2014
My day started at 7:00 am, receiving containers and other trucks, created, verified and closed Inbound receipts. Received all trucks coming into and out the yard. Kept an updated carrier log.
Created and updated spreadsheets so that management could access needed info for all inbound loads. Took care of all inbound emails including research. Helped the outbound girl when needed.
Self taught this position since this is a fairly new establishment. Management changed often. Co-workers were great. We made a great team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was working with no management support and seeing staff coming and going. Enjoyed the long hard work with the co-workers and completed the day with all chores finished.. It felt great!
This was a contract job. My employer was Randstad.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Long hours caused no time for the gym
A day at Exel
Light Packager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2014
I usually cut open or re-taped boxes, repackaged foods, stamp boxes, and repackage food.
Safe work environment and opportunity for advancement.
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 January 2014
Drove Forklift, shipping and receiving. Lots of overtime available. Lots of internal job postings.
Learning opportunity
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 November 2013
Exel is a great company to learn new skills. Management team is very caring and respectful. It is a good company to start a career in the oil sands and have an understanding of all material required to make a plant running.
Pros
Free Pizza
productive work environment
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON31 October 2013
it was fun working with co employee, learned how to be an independent workers.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
not by seniority
Overall productive work place having fun with co-workers during activties like games and site BBQ's
Operations Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2013
Execute Outbound and Inbound Activities of operations.
Loading , Recieving , Inventory , Topex , Red Prairie , LMS , Computer Skills
Overall to manage Buiness needs
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Able to work efficiently in a group to achieve team goals
Good company
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton19 June 2013
The hardest part was working midnight I learned all about shippping and recieving of goods
Good Work Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton7 June 2013
It was a good environment, but I am a little disappointed in the loss of my position resulting in my loss of a job.
was fast paced
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 June 2013
A typical day started with a group work out and discussing any concerns in saftey and any up dates on the company, the hardest part of the job was putting away products as you had to be fast and you had to pack out products and put in boxes and some were pretty heavy. the most enjoyable was are the bbq's, also the town hall meetings where food was ordered for us wether it was pizza of chinese food or we would have a pot luck in which we had to pick a country and make the food from that country...it was interesting for sure..
Pros
the job was good and interesting
Cons
on your feet all day
Management have no idea how to run warehouse
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont18 May 2013
Workload varies from a lot to a little or nothing. When workload is extreme they expect miracles for little pay. Hard to get permanent status. Co-workers ok. Supervisors clueless. Don't know how to organize or run a warehouse. A lot of repeated stock movement to new locations misplaced inventory.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
No airconditioning HOT HOT in summer. DUSTY
Worst job EVER!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray17 March 2013
Hour long bus ride to work 12 hour shift learned nothing VERY POOR training. WORST management ive ever seen in a company. Most of the co-works where alright some where very full of them selfs and un helpful.There was no enjoyable part of working for exel.I wouldent recommend anybody to work for exel.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everthing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exel. Our community is ready to answer.