Exel

Exel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall not the best place to work by no means
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee), Beech Island, SCOctober 25, 2014
Majority of co-workers are lazy causing all weight of production load to come down on those who do work.
Competitive work place
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
In my work place you will be challenged every day mentally. You learn to have thick skin and respond to sudden changes. It most certainly builds character and can either make or break you. I manage over 40 associates and I make everyone around better. I push everyone to get the most out of everyone but still make everyone job enjoyable. I hold people – more... accountable and enforce safety and process. – less
Enjoyable work enviroment
Dispatcher/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Maywood, NJOctober 18, 2014
Checking in contractors
hardest part staying late
most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers
Exceptional company
General Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, CAOctober 17, 2014
A typical day involves multi-tasking and having a strong sense of urgency. Company demands a high level of energy and must be willing to make decisions in the moment. Strong employee and safety culture.
Great company to work for. Good pay, good benefits and oveall great enviroment.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good working enviroment and open door policy for anybody, at anytime. no matter how big or small the problem is.
Cons: unfortunatley, exel refridgerated warehouse is closing it's doors in february 2015.
No matter what position you hold at Exel Logistics you can talk to anyone about any problem you may have or any suggestions you may have, which makes for a very comfortable environment for any employee at Exel Logistics.
Proctor and Gamble is a modern, clean, and well-maintained facility.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Mehoopany, PAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: exel has exceptional promotions for team accomplishments, i.e. t-shirt, coats, hat giveaways, pizza from time to time, etc.
Cons: breaks could be short, especially when short-handed.
A typical evening at work for Excel starts with a pre-shift meeting in which safety procedures/concerns are addressed, the days work in an overview, and management announcements. I have learned to operate a forklift safely in one of the most challenging and demanding manufacturing facilities in the United States. Management is well-organized, and they – more... rotate managers through our work area from time to time. Co-workers are excellent to get along with, and are competent, and team players. The hardest part of this job is the exceptionally fast pace, moving product on your forks an average of every three to five minutes, constantly throughout a twelve-hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people, and driving late-model and newer hydrogen powered Hyster double-fork forklifts. – less
Low paying to do alot of work.
Shipping and Receiving Operator (Current Employee), RosharonOctober 13, 2014
A shortage of people employed at this location. Due to low paying and an extreme amount of work piled onto us, causing people to leave.
Great company to work for. Multi-task environment. Learn many new tasks.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2014
-Schedule pickup and delivery appointments
-Handle inbound and outbound calls
-Monitor emails
-Clerical/Billing
-Utilize SAP system
-Conduct daily meetings
There wasn't any challenging tasks, I'm a quick learner that's eager to apply experience to new job duties
Great company, lots of hour
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Lacombe, LAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: benfits are great
Cons: they take your off days away
Great company to work for, they give out a lot of hours, but for me the company was to far for me
Great company
Leadership (Current Employee), United StatesSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: very large company
Cons: very large company
I love working for this company. There are a lot of opportunities at the global organization.
Productive and challenging
Forklift Operator, Inspector (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: jobs activities, such as, family day.
Cons: short breaks and long hours
I worked very well with my co- workers and the was job fast pace. I learned to operated gas and electric forklift. I did monthly safety observation with management..
Productive, and sometimes fun
Rondo (Former Employee), Marysville, PASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: different people i got to work with
Cons: management was horrible
Responsibilities: Open the plant, Stretched dough in the morning to supply for the day. Oversaw the floor staff. Assessed amount of Product needed throughout the day and maintenance. Timed the staff to make sure a certain quota was maintained. Directly reported to the plant Supervisor of any personnel or machine problems.
Big Warehouse / fun environment
Lead Sanitation (Former Employee), Mooresville, INSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: fun, little overtime, free lunch on saturdays.
Cons: really no cons to mention
It was fun to work there. I cleaned and dusted picked up trash, mostly paper, plastic and wood. I helped the maintenance man when needed. I worked and led others.
Not bad for a college job
Modular Scanner (Current Employee), Johnstown, NYSeptember 29, 2014
The job was not particularly stressful or demanding. I enjoyed my time working here during my college days.
Great place to work, but upper management is not transparent
Interim Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lawton, OKSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: upper management
After working for Exel for the past several years, and the promise for advancement it has become very clear that agendas out way accomplishments.
Productive and fast pace workplace.
Tasker (Current Employee), Southaven, MSSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
High volume, varieties of customers. Fast pace environment succeeds in fulfilling the customers' needs.
exel is a great place to work i enjoy being a shift supervisor.
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), Beech island ScSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: getting the job done and being efficient
Cons: not having work for the team to do there jobs.
Im looking for more opportunities, and making a little more money. Im a very motivated person. i come to work on time never Late and do what im asked to do..great with the associates on the floor i still drive my fork lift to help out and just be on the floor showing the team. I care.the hard part of the job is disiplicine. when you have tried to get – more... the associate to understand you have a job to do then give them paperwork.or let them go on safety issuse or just bad behavior.i Enjoy being the role model for my team i greet them every morning and motivate them so they are excited about doing there job the rest of the day. and i make my self Avalible at all time. – less
IM BLESSED TO HAVE A JOB
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Social Circle, GASeptember 26, 2014
IM BLESSED TO HAVE A JOB. IVE LEARNED MORE ON THE FORK LIFT COMPUTER SYSTEM
Very Greatful for the opportunities, and experience
Forklift Operator Trainer (Current Employee), Fairburn, GASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: picnic very often every holiday, are just to say thank you employes, they also gave employee's box's of supplies for different holidays, and just to show their appreciation.
Cons: i didn"t see any con's with the company.
My Day @ work was a day i look forward for, I learned to put my all into what ever I am bless with, and Learned how to be able to communicate with different cultures.The hardest part of the Job is seeing other Individual not being team players, and taking their job for granted, The most enjoyable part of the Job was to be a positive example, a leader, – more... but teachable, @ the same time, and to show my peers regardless what your title is compassion toward others will get the Job done to the fullest. Benefits is awesome.Advancement is available to those who want it and can be dependable, and willing to be held accountable, and reliable, and honest, and just be happy with what your bless with. I enjoy being a great leader. – less

About Exel

Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 – Read more