Exel

Exel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
forklift driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 7, 2014
load and unload trucks with stand up and sit down lift fast pace meeting goals
Save your slef the trouble
DISTRUBUTION SPECILIST (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 6, 2014
Pros: money, nice co-workers
Cons: managment, hours, and conditions
I worked there for 5 year the first 2 was awesome I looked forward to going to work I loved it. Then they started taking things away like vacation money insurance stuff. I made a lot of great friends working there but the management is the freaking worse the time I was there they had 7 operation managers and 2 HR people and 2 general managers. They – more... don't know how to treat anyone with respect. The only good thing about the job was the pay you drive a fork lift all day for 12 hours and that's it. OH YEAH THE WINTER TIME THERE IS HORRIBLE YOU HAVE TO WEAR MORE THAN ONE LAYER TO STAY WARM THERE IS NO HEAT EXCEPT IN THE OFFICE AND BREAKROOM AND BATHROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – less
Answer phones and handle drivers at the traffic window
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee), Stockbridge GaJuly 2, 2014
Pros: we were always busy so the time went by fast.
Cons: no breaks on busy days
I would do fedex,will call orders,answer phones,and handle drivers at the window. I would deal with import and export of tractor trailer loads of tires. I loved my hours and the work that I did.I enjoy fast pace work environments.
Loud machines , hard working to reach goal
Material Handler (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2014
I am a material handler I work in the cosmetics department. I like the work its easy but I could live without the gossip and drama everyday.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 28, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: didnt offer family coverage insurance
understanding about having kids. enjoyed co-workers. Monday thru Friday job
Shifts are flexable enough to plan for your future.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Inman, SCJune 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
A typical work day is early morning, management pulls the teams together to go over the topics and expectation for the day. Management always instructs the team on safety and helping one another. My co-works are the best, they always show togetherness and my manager and team works as a united front.The hardest part of my job is the long hours. I do – more... 12 hour shifts and sometimes it gets a little rough. I have great benefits and the company can be a stepping stone for anyone that is willing to put in the work. I have continued to enjoy the work I do, but I would like to show the skill that I have in a different field. – less
Amazing job
Laborer (Former Employee), Breinigsville,paJune 18, 2014
Great hours, great pay, amazing boss, inbound was simple. company as great with their employees.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Hillside, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits and advancement
I really enjoyed working here! There was never a dull moment, I enjoy multitasking and and working in a fast pace environment. This company had structure, a great management team that was ready to answer any questions that you had, if they did not have the answer they would help direct you to the right resources. I did a substantial amount of recruiting, – more... interviewing, on-boarding new employees, conducted new hire/safety orientations. Supplied new candidates with badges and necessary company documents. – less
Great co-workers with a positive environment.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJune 16, 2014
Would pick and pack orders for customers.
Operate equipment to load and unload trucks.
good transport co-ordinators
HGV Driver (Former Employee), Airdrie, SCTJune 16, 2014
Pros: normal hours
Cons: occasional nights out
delivering stock to various stores and cash and carries in Scotland learned to drive different vehicles
Challenging/Fast Pace Work Environment
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 15, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits, open door policy, opportunities of advancement and growth.
Cons: short lunch breaks
With Logistics anything can happen, and your day to day functions are not a cookie cut of the day prior. You can have your "slow" days were everything ships and delivers as planned, and then you can have snow that hits Georgia and completely shut down a warehouse, halting production and now you have to figure out how you are going to get product from – more... point A to B, with a skeleton crew on hand at the warehouse and no drivers. It is very challenging and you will use a lot of creativity and problem solving skills on a day to day basis to keep satisfied customer and uphold the Goodyear name.

Management is always trying to cross train and push you to be better. With training classes and weekly meetings to keep everyone on the same page and also open the floor for any constructive ideas for improvement. They have a very open door policy and stick to it. Sometimes it can feel as if there are too many chiefs and not enough indians, however, when it gets down to it management will always collaborate and strive to get problems solved, and achieve customer satisfaction.

My co-workers have all types of personalities, they all brought knowledge and talents to the job. As was previously stated about management, the same rings true for my fellow co-workers, at the end of the day, we all strive for the ultimate goal of customer satisfaction.

The hardest part of the job was trying to recover a load in the midst of an OEM plant shutdown, having upper management and the customer themselves throwing information at you all at once. The best thing to do is stay organized and informed through out so that you can keep the customer updated and also show upper management that you are on top of the situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship you build with you different customers. I have met many different people, from customers to the carriers that we worked with and built relationships with them. It helps, especially when an issue arises because you have created a level of customer confidence, that they know that you will do you best for them. I also loved very much the challenge, with each day comes a new issue and you are constantly learning and growing on the job.

I learned a lot from working with Exel at the Goodyear headquarters. Problem solving, customer relations, and most of all team work. – less
Exel logistics
Recycler (Former Employee), Johnstown, NYJune 15, 2014
Pros: 90 day benefits package, upbeat and fun co-workers, free lunch incentives
Cons: if not careful the safety of others may be at risk.
Exel is a partner of wal-mart in regards to the focus of wal-mart being eco-frinedly with their waste distribution.A typical day at exel is mostly fast paced and very connecting as for the team work must be mutual in order for the day to be productive.Your co-workers will be a diverse group of individuals who will have you cracking smiles at every break.What – more... i enjoyed most about this job was the many laughs and personalities i came in contact with as the day progressed.The managers are really down to earth and inviting but most of all they are real sticklers when it came to people slacking and thinking they can just let the day pass by without doing work but more than anything they give respect and in return they recieve respect which i admired. – less
Good place to work.
Trainer / Internal Auditor (Current Employee), DeKalb, ILJune 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, discounts, incentives, and people
Cons: wage progression
Days are long but fast. Everyday is a learning experience, Management is very friendly and can relate with associates, makes for a good work environment. Hardest part of my job is the commute.
Productive place
Receiver (Former Employee), Edison, NJJune 12, 2014
They'll teach you so much as long as you put the the effort into learning.
Great place to work. Safe work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Leipsic, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: benefits and tuition reimbursement programs
The most Enjoyable part was the dedication to continuously improve warehouse safety. Great work environment.
Busy and energetic company.
Module Operator (Former Employee), Johnstown, NYJune 9, 2014
Pros: employee incentives, full benefits and progressive raises.
Cons: non-acclimated enviroment.
Working a s a third party return vendor for Wal-Mart stores all along the east coast, processing the returns as valid and not damaged from the stores and palletizing merchandise to be sent back to the vendor. Each vendor has detailed specifications on what type of items are accepted as a return and how they would like to their product shipped to them. – more... Freight would arrive either by conveyor belts or by lift truck for heavier items such as furniture and outdoor equipment. Management always strives to provide a safe and productive work environment. Committees were created to involve employees on the decisions of further improvement to the work process. Co-workers look out for one another and are always willing to lend a hand when needed. – less
Exel Transportation Center
Transportation Analyst (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAJune 8, 2014
unrealistic expectations with a sub-par system. analysts overwhelmed and not valued. management fails to understand how weak their system is to extract data properly, making analyst's job impossible.
fast paced never boring
hi/Low forklift operator (Former Employee), Fogelsville, PAJune 8, 2014
Pros: company paid for lunches
Cons: not enough overtime
day started at 2pm, I would pick up my forklift do all necessary safety checks, receive my list of responsibilities for the day, my co-workers and I worked like a well oiled machine it was a pleasure to work with knowledgeable people.
MANEGMENT MADE THE WORK PLACE HARDER THAN IT WAS SURPOSE TO BE.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Union City, GAJune 6, 2014
PULLING ORDERS ON STAND UP SLIP AND LOADING THEM ON TO TRUCKS.
dan rivers inc. review
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee), Fairburn, GAJune 6, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: plant closed due to economy
unloaded product from inbound trailers on the recieving dock and located product into a rack location using a sitdown forklift and use of a handheld rf scan gun for inventory purposes.

About Exel

Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 – Read more