Exel Employee Reviews

learned a lot and improved my skills
Line Lead Customization (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 November 2015
40 hrs a week .
I learned how to handle all kinds of situations
worked with supervisor
got along well with co workers
hardest part dealing with conflict
I enjoyed working and teaching temps
Pros
There is always something to learn
Cons
The amount of interruptions we face on our daily routine
productive and relaxed(night shift)
Case Selector & Double Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 December 2015
great people to work with
decent wage
room to move up
in house training
always busy
great supervisors
night shift rocks
feels like a family
Pros
driving DPJ(double pallet jack), good community, room to move up.
Cons
low wage for amount of labour.
good place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2016
Would return there to work. Great people and environment to work. This was a very interesting and challenging place to work, each day was filled with new teachings.
Multi sites - with opportunity
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Exel is the global leader in 3PL and has many sites across the continent. If you are looking for the ability to stay with one company but work with different industries this may be the place for you. The people and culture though for me is what makes it work.
Pros
People count
Cons
Can get lost in the herd
friendly environment
parts controler (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 January 2016
fun workplace with friendly environment.
best management site.
respectful and friendly co-workers.
best benefit .
very convenience
free parking and more spaces.
Great place to work, but micro-managed
Material Handler/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 December 2015
I loved working there. Great safety culture and good people to work with. However, the management was very particular about what they wanted in a rude way. All in all, wrecking the goof vibe
Poor management and training.
material handler (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake20 August 2015
Only got 1 hour training on each peice of MHE. If you are being treated poorly at work, do not go to management as they will simply fire you instead of actually dealing with the problem. If you feel unsafe at work, they will take as long as possible to find a solution. Upper management is impossible to get ahold of in Harrassment situations. The salary is not worth it.
Pros
okay salary, free coffee
Cons
harrassment not dealt with properly, long work hours, poor communication and work culture, no AC even though they said there is
INCOMPETANT MANAGEMENT
shipper (Former Employee) –  calgary9 September 2015
I found that the upper management in this warehouse doesn`t have a clue what they are doing and that they do not care about your safety as i was the ohs co chair and noted problems to management they did not care but instead decided that they had the right to terminate my co chair position that i was voted into
Cons
incompetant management that hide the truth
Friendly, operative, and development of the company.
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 October 2015
Very friendly atmosphere and supportive team. Multitasking, dealing with carriers and organizing the orders on time are the lovable part of the job. Actively participating and hard working to the growth and development of the company.
Valuable work experience gained here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2015
I learned a lot. Made many good friends. The company had faith in me as someone who was capable of more. I was given responsibilities and training to feel comfortable and succeed. It was sad when the contract we were working on was lost but the life-long positives were immeasurable.
Pros
positive, management
Cons
pay increases could have been higher
Logistical Associate (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB26 May 2015
I worked for Exel on their Kearl Lake Oilsands project, contracted by Imperial Oil.

Great experience, great people and a heck of a lot to learn.

Exel will give you the training you need, and show a great deal of care and respect for their associates.

Management (especially direct reports) were beyond excellent.
Pros
Great company atmosphere, room for training, saftey concious, great wage
Cons
site-jobs can be a bit tough on the home life
very fast paced work environment
Heavy Packer (Former Employee) –  brampton, on20 October 2015
very fast paced and micromanaged working environment. all about production and speed of production. must be able to work at a fast pace and keep intensity throughout the work period
Productive Company focused on the advancement of their associates
Co-Packaging Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 August 2015
Exel has given me nothing short of every opportunity to advance in whatever direction I wish to go.
Safety driven and look out for their employees best interest.
very busy environment, very productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON28 September 2015
tasking orders, picking as per my resume, contact transportation
receiving products and put away inventory
enjoyed working there
Busy work environment will learn marketable skills
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 August 2012
Past Salary Employee/ Supervisor Canada-not a good blend of work and family time. very demanding, and do not try to calculate an hourly wage if you factor in all the late nights, weekend work.You will be disappointed
However, you can really develope some marketable skills for when you leave. Canadian operations has very little growth so opportunities for advancment is very very limited.
Pros
will learn marketable skills at the clerical or other office level
Cons
very demanding when you are salary, long work days and weekend work in order to keep up with customer demand
was fast paced
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 June 2013
A typical day started with a group work out and discussing any concerns in saftey and any up dates on the company, the hardest part of the job was putting away products as you had to be fast and you had to pack out products and put in boxes and some were pretty heavy. the most enjoyable was are the bbq's, also the town hall meetings where food was ordered for us wether it was pizza of chinese food or we would have a pot luck in which we had to pick a country and make the food from that country...it was interesting for sure..
Pros
the job was good and interesting
Cons
on your feet all day
Great Workplace
Training QA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 September 2014
Lots of ways to advance and good people.
I started from the bottom as a case selector, forklift operator, trainer, QA Admin and now I am a Training QA Supervisor.
The hardest part of my job is its never the same, there is always something new to learn or do.
I think the more enjoyable part of my job is helping in claims management. I love to help people and get them back to work.
Pros
My hours are flexible
Great staff, great management team, excellent customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA12 March 2014
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth I started in scheduling then later cross trained to learn dispatch, receiving, and training new associates. My management team was one of the best to work with very positive motivating and knowledgeable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team and always met and exceeded our deadlines. The hardest part of the job was learning the delivery zones which later I created a sheet categorizing the zones to help with that learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for growth and interacting with great customers.
Pros
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth.
Cons
The Company moved back to Los Angeles county.
Good Work Environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  mississauga, ont5 September 2012
Having worked in Exel for approximately two years, i must say that it is a decent company to work for. the employees are close knit and look out for each other and upper management is approachable. the work load is steady through out the month, but at months end, there is an influx, and one has to work at double the speed and sometimes extra hours (voluntarily) to meet and/ exceed the quota.
Pros
employees
Cons
little room for promotion
Inept Management and Horrible Work Culture and Environment - RUN
Demand Planner/Supply Chain Planner (Former Employee) –  Misssissauga, ON2 January 2013
This was definitely the worst place I ever worked for in my career. Hated going into work everyday with a boss who in any other company would be charged with sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior which HR was aware of. That what you get with seniority. My co-worker was his best friend, which made matters worse. Froze during the winter months with a malfunctioning A/C unit, which never turned off.

In my almost two years there 6 people left the company for better opportunites. They also have the worst sick leave policy of any company anywhere. I was seriously debating quitting before I was blessedly laid-off.
Pros
getting laid-off
Cons
management, coffee, co-workers, hr policies, non-professional