Exel Employee Reviews in Canada

very busy environment, very productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONSeptember 28, 2015
tasking orders, picking as per my resume, contact transportation
receiving products and put away inventory
enjoyed working there
INCOMPETANT MANAGEMENT
shipper (Former Employee) –  calgarySeptember 9, 2015
I found that the upper management in this warehouse doesn`t have a clue what they are doing and that they do not care about your safety as i was the ohs co chair and noted problems to management they did not care but instead decided that they had the right to terminate my co chair position that i was voted into
Cons
incompetant management that hide the truth
Poor management and training.
material handler (Former Employee) –  Kearl LakeAugust 20, 2015
Only got 1 hour training on each peice of MHE. If you are being treated poorly at work, do not go to management as they will simply fire you instead of actually dealing with the problem. If you feel unsafe at work, they will take as long as possible to find a solution. Upper management is impossible to get ahold of in Harrassment situations. The salary is not worth it.
Pros
okay salary, free coffee
Cons
harrassment not dealt with properly, long work hours, poor communication and work culture, no AC even though they said there is
Productive Company focused on the advancement of their associates
Co-Packaging Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 2, 2015
Exel has given me nothing short of every opportunity to advance in whatever direction I wish to go.
Safety driven and look out for their employees best interest.
Valuable work experience gained here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 17, 2015
I learned a lot. Made many good friends. The company had faith in me as someone who was capable of more. I was given responsibilities and training to feel comfortable and succeed. It was sad when the contract we were working on was lost but the life-long positives were immeasurable.
Pros
positive, management
Cons
pay increases could have been higher
Logistical Associate (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABMay 26, 2015
I worked for Exel on their Kearl Lake Oilsands project, contracted by Imperial Oil.

Great experience, great people and a heck of a lot to learn.

Exel will give you the training you need, and show a great deal of care and respect for their associates.

Management (especially direct reports) were beyond excellent.
Pros
Great company atmosphere, room for training, saftey concious, great wage
Cons
site-jobs can be a bit tough on the home life
Okay place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 12, 2015
Good employees but difficult managers. Receive poor training at first because of fear you will take their job. After you get to know everyone your workday becomes more enjoyable.
Efficient and Powerful Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Exel is a world leader in the 3PL business sector, delivery effective and efficient solutions for the clients.
Exel also delivers competitive wages and salary benifits.
Working at Exel provides great life experiences and great coaching and mentoring experiences.
Brand new job
Product Line Tech (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABDecember 28, 2014
I find myself comfortable in my position. I have only started, but I know that I will enjoy the time that I spend at Exel.
Competitive wages and great employees
Dock Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Good people and the wage is good especially for the area.

The front line supervisory staff has fluctuated from being very good to bad and in between over my years of employment.

However growth opportunities aren't as bountiful as it may seem there.

There is in my opinion they have a low ceiling.
Safe and friendly work environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, On, CanadaSeptember 17, 2014
• Deliver a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for all associates
• Plan and execute daily labor plan
• Ensure the associates have proper access to the necessary tools to perform their assigned duties and that the tools are routinely maintained
• Prioritize workloads to ensure completion and meet customer expectation
• Monitor all appropriate reports for smooth flow of operations
• Understand process performance versus target objectives, identify reasons for variance, communicate and implement necessary changes
• Maintain positive client relations with on-site clients
• Ensure daily and weekly productivity and targets are met or exceeded
• Conduct daily walkthroughs to ensure efficient work methods are applied
• Preparing weekly / monthly productivity reports thus providing performance counseling for hourly associates
• Inspire, develop and maintain a cross-training program to optimize associate performance
• Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced
• Collaborate with internal customers to facilitate strong working relationships
• Executing and maintaining attendance and behavioral corrective actions for hourly associates
Great Workplace
Training QA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Lots of ways to advance and good people.
I started from the bottom as a case selector, forklift operator, trainer, QA Admin and now I am a Training QA Supervisor.
The hardest part of my job is its never the same, there is always something new to learn or do.
I think the more enjoyable part of my job is helping in claims management. I love to help people and get them back to work.
Pros
my hours are flexible
Data Entry Clerk - Interesting position
Contract Position - Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brantford, OntarioSeptember 9, 2014
This job was straight nights....wasn't used to that...but overall my co-workers were very friendly. Didn't see much of management due to my shift....
its a clean safe place
trainer/forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 12, 2014
i train people onn driving double pallet jacks, reach trucks, pacers sky jacks, battery change. i am also in charge of training whmis, material handling equipment, good manufactoring practises and standard loading procedures
Enjoyable fast paced flexible job
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONApril 3, 2014
Day to day jobs varied as a line lead of a co-pack department.
I was also responsible for inventory control and computer data entry.
Management was flexible and fair, and the co-workers were phenomenal to work with.
The repetitive tasks were the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable was when I was doing inventory control and data entry.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
working midnights
Productive and great place to work at.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2014
I enjoyed everyday I worked there. There were some ups and downs, but overall the company was great. Management was fair and very personable.
Pros
great associate relations, xmas parties, summer games, trips
Cons
Great staff, great management team, excellent customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 12, 2014
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth I started in scheduling then later cross trained to learn dispatch, receiving, and training new associates. My management team was one of the best to work with very positive motivating and knowledgeable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team and always met and exceeded our deadlines. The hardest part of the job was learning the delivery zones which later I created a sheet categorizing the zones to help with that learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for growth and interacting with great customers.
Pros
exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth.
Cons
the company moved back to los angeles county.
Long work days, sometimes 12 hrs but rewarding work.
Customer Service Rep/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 18, 2014
My day started at 7:00 am, receiving containers and other trucks, created, verified and closed Inbound receipts. Received all trucks coming into and out the yard. Kept an updated carrier log.
Created and updated spreadsheets so that management could access needed info for all inbound loads. Took care of all inbound emails including research. Helped the outbound girl when needed.
Self taught this position since this is a fairly new establishment. Management changed often. Co-workers were great. We made a great team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was working with no management support and seeing staff coming and going. Enjoyed the long hard work with the co-workers and completed the day with all chores finished.. It felt great!
This was a contract job. My employer was Randstad.
Pros
working with a great team
Cons
long hours caused no time for the gym
A day at Exel
Light Packager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 30, 2014
I usually cut open or re-taped boxes, repackaged foods, stamp boxes, and repackage food.
Safe work environment and opportunity for advancement.
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Drove Forklift, shipping and receiving. Lots of overtime available. Lots of internal job postings.