Exel Employee Reviews

no balance
Line lead/ Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 May 2016
Exel was not a family oriented factory which made it hard for people with families to find the balance between home and work.
exel work environment was like a home
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2016
i learned a lot of things from exel logistics .it was great environment for all people working their who came from different communities
Good Work Environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  mississauga, ont5 September 2012
Having worked in Exel for approximately two years, i must say that it is a decent company to work for. the employees are close knit and look out for each other and upper management is approachable. the work load is steady through out the month, but at months end, there is an influx, and one has to work at double the speed and sometimes extra hours (voluntarily) to meet and/ exceed the quota.
Pros
employees
Cons
little room for promotion
friendly environment
parts controler (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 January 2016
fun workplace with friendly environment.
best management site.
respectful and friendly co-workers.
best benefit .
very convenience
free parking and more spaces.
Not a place for young, physically fit, women to work.
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 January 2016
Afternoon shift was 3-11pm with a 30 minute lunch at 7pm. The high turnover rate for other temp workers created an uncomfortably for the lack of background checks (none at all) and not to mention the little care to following safety regulations. Also, had numerous incidence of harassment while working here and was the only woman who worked on my shift.
Pros
it paid enough that I could saved up some money for college
Cons
Unsafe practices
Productive and fun work place
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2012
a typical day at work is picking products from the shelves. I learned how to organize my products in the pallet. the management cares about their employees, which, is good.the co-workers are helpful to new employees. the hardest part of the job is working in the freezer and the most enjoyable part of the job is picking.
Pros
free pizza
Multi sites - with opportunity
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Exel is the global leader in 3PL and has many sites across the continent. If you are looking for the ability to stay with one company but work with different industries this may be the place for you. The people and culture though for me is what makes it work.
Pros
People count
Cons
Can get lost in the herd
Efficient and Powerful Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2015
Exel is a world leader in the 3PL business sector, delivery effective and efficient solutions for the clients.
Exel also delivers competitive wages and salary benifits.
Working at Exel provides great life experiences and great coaching and mentoring experiences.
Overall, a great place to work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 July 2012
Exel is an fantastic place to work. They provide good opportunity for advancement and are more then willing to help someone to succeed. Safety is by far the number one concern. I can genuinely save that i enjoy working for Exel.
Pros
great buildign block for advancing your career
Cons
long hours and high expectations - but are rewarded
Great staff, great management team, excellent customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA12 March 2014
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth I started in scheduling then later cross trained to learn dispatch, receiving, and training new associates. My management team was one of the best to work with very positive motivating and knowledgeable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team and always met and exceeded our deadlines. The hardest part of the job was learning the delivery zones which later I created a sheet categorizing the zones to help with that learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for growth and interacting with great customers.
Pros
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth.
Cons
The Company moved back to Los Angeles county.
Great all around experience
MHE Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2016
Supervisors are great.
Operations Manager was easy to talk to and a great leader.
Daily Workload was manageable and enough to keep anyone busy from day to day.
Pros
Company appreciation days
INCOMPETANT MANAGEMENT
shipper (Former Employee) –  calgary9 September 2015
I found that the upper management in this warehouse doesn`t have a clue what they are doing and that they do not care about your safety as i was the ohs co chair and noted problems to management they did not care but instead decided that they had the right to terminate my co chair position that i was voted into
Cons
incompetant management that hide the truth
Productive and great place to work at.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2014
I enjoyed everyday I worked there. There were some ups and downs, but overall the company was great. Management was fair and very personable.
Pros
Great Associate Relations, xmas parties, summer games, trips
Learning opportunity
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 November 2013
Exel is a great company to learn new skills. Management team is very caring and respectful. It is a good company to start a career in the oil sands and have an understanding of all material required to make a plant running.
Pros
Free Pizza
Logistical Associate (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB26 May 2015
I worked for Exel on their Kearl Lake Oilsands project, contracted by Imperial Oil.

Great experience, great people and a heck of a lot to learn.

Exel will give you the training you need, and show a great deal of care and respect for their associates.

Management (especially direct reports) were beyond excellent.
Pros
Great company atmosphere, room for training, saftey concious, great wage
Cons
site-jobs can be a bit tough on the home life
Busy work environment will learn marketable skills
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 August 2012
Past Salary Employee/ Supervisor Canada-not a good blend of work and family time. very demanding, and do not try to calculate an hourly wage if you factor in all the late nights, weekend work.You will be disappointed
However, you can really develope some marketable skills for when you leave. Canadian operations has very little growth so opportunities for advancment is very very limited.
Pros
will learn marketable skills at the clerical or other office level
Cons
very demanding when you are salary, long work days and weekend work in order to keep up with customer demand
Valuable work experience gained here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2015
I learned a lot. Made many good friends. The company had faith in me as someone who was capable of more. I was given responsibilities and training to feel comfortable and succeed. It was sad when the contract we were working on was lost but the life-long positives were immeasurable.
Pros
positive, management
Cons
pay increases could have been higher
good place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2016
Would return there to work. Great people and environment to work. This was a very interesting and challenging place to work, each day was filled with new teachings.
Great job culture
Light Packager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 January 2016
Everyone is friendly and also committed to doing a good job. Typically, we package items or do labeling at a generally fast pace.The hardest part about the job is having to stand for 8 hours, but you get used to it. Overall a great place and great people.
Great Workplace
Training QA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 September 2014
Lots of ways to advance and good people.
I started from the bottom as a case selector, forklift operator, trainer, QA Admin and now I am a Training QA Supervisor.
The hardest part of my job is its never the same, there is always something new to learn or do.
I think the more enjoyable part of my job is helping in claims management. I love to help people and get them back to work.
Pros
My hours are flexible