Exel

Exel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Production
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/Doc Worker (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 10, 2014
A steady paced job, with a great team work area, but lacked in management. Safety was key in the warehouse and that made me feel safe and confident in doing my job. I can't say anything bad about the crew of people I worked with. It was a great atmosphere that made you wanna get the job done. Though the work wasn't always easy we still got the job done – more... by being safe and working together as a team. – less
Productive and safe place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2014
Great place to lean about logistics and growth with in the company. Exel has several differnt account that you can learn how differnt products need to be handle, shipped and received.
Too much work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
Supervisors spend more time doing meanless task than their actual job. Too much walking. All the employees ride a vehicle while the supervisor is made to walk the warehouse. HR is a joke & management is in a constant change so nothing improves.
Operations Supervisor
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lockbourne, OHDecember 3, 2014
Possess 15 years of management experience in warehousing and Safety.
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Train the Trainer Certification Instructor.
* 15 Years experience as an Equipment Operator
* In-depth knowledge of the procedures of productivity and Inventory Control.
* Possess good management and monitoring skills.
* – more... Knowledge of standard management methods, policies and logistic readiness.
* Familiar with basic operating systems like Microsoft Word, Exel, Outlook,
* Goal oriented and ability to work under pressure.
* Possess good leadership and management skills.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks. – less
not a good company to work for
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee), Radlett, ENGNovember 30, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: management
spent a few years here, co workers are good, management very POOR, really do not have much to say about this company
A Proactive Opportunit to Build Logistics Knowledge
Load Planner (Current Employee), Livonia, MINovember 23, 2014
A great organization to build your career and understand the field of logistics and transportation. There are numerous opportunities for individuals to expand their knowledge and further themselves in the industry.
work place fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Woodland, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: pot lucks free safety lunches all the time
Cons: some people just are not team players that always makes it a little rough
Worked 10 hour shifts 50 hours a week most or the time I was there every day it was in the fast lane.I loved it I only missed 1 day the time I was there .Management love me because I'm tough and fast and fair.I get along with everyone had pot lucks all the time we were always positive.The hardest part of the job is I only speak english which in times – more... made it a little rough.The best thing about the job is that when I went home I new I done a good job for the day and that was every day or else I would have never lasted. – less
MANAGEABLE
Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 19, 2014
JUST LIKE ANY COMPANY IT HAS ITS UPS AND DOWNS BUT IVE BEEN HERE OVER A YEAR SO IT MUST BE ALRIGHT.
Data Entry
Settlement Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Good working enviroment, awsome company to grow with. i learned a lot from my upline, that became useful in my everyday life.
Good benefits ,weekends off!
Material Handler/ Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Davenport, FLNovember 17, 2014
Pros: medical insurance, weekends and holidays off.
Cons: it's all 2nd shift so no time to spend with your family during the week.
The job is very repetitive which can be good or bad. No career advancement on this particular site but you can if you are willing to move to Ohio, who moves from Florida to Ohio anyways? ...Oh wait!
Fast paced work.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Beech Island, SCNovember 14, 2014
Good schedule.

Good benefits.

Good people to work with.

Safe place to work.
Excellent Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Elgin, ILNovember 12, 2014
Great place to learn and good leadership at upper levels of management
Excellent Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Elgin, ILNovember 12, 2014
Great place to learn and good leadership at upper levels of management
too many hours leaves little time for personal life
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Canton, MSNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no voice for ops supervisors
A typical day is fast paced and stressful , i've learned to operate a new and interesting WMS. Management doesn't show much respect for employees , co-workers are stressed and tired. The hardest part about the job is being Micro-managed.
Lead manifest
Lead in manifest department (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg Pa.November 7, 2014
Fill orders for ups and fedex than process them through the P.C.
Very stressful place to work , alot of work, not alot of employees
Reverse Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 7, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: lot of work too much for 8 hour day
This is a very stressful fast paced place to work. Dedicate yourself too much and they just keep piling on the work, my co workers were awesome, New management not so much.
Demanding and unproductive
Fork Lift operator?Logistics (Former Employee), Taunton, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: good medical plan, and 401-k was important.
Cons: employees were encouraged to judge, and look for problems
It was obvious that cut backs were inevitable.This was a company start-up.The majority of people which set up the company resigned or
fired with out cause.Employees were promised a career,and pressured into accepting a lower wage or leaving.This lead to all round discontent.All this due to new management.Benefits were reduced.
Excel could careless about you.
Forklift/yard driver (Former Employee), Fairburn,GaNovember 6, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: low pay/long hours, they will not pay you double time, no work life balance
Excel in fairburn, Ga is the worst places to work for. Stay away 1. The pay for forklift is 11-11.85 which is close to making a Mcdonald's check by the end of the week. They also have a driver position which is called non-dot so they get out of paying you for your skills. 12.20 you cant be serious. They have a LMS system which only works in there favor – more... and literally throws yours focus off of doing a simple tasks all day. Which is building a pallet with products. They time you at every location at every stop. The most fun part about working with your hands you have to pull out a piece of paper and write down everytime you stop to do anything, Ridiculous!!!!! Management say very nasty and personal things about there employees to the point if you found out it would be problems. Grown people telling on each other like kids Immature. Excel does not care about you. My advice do not apply for this job unless you are at the very end of the road in your life. Other wise steer clear of this ticking time bomb waiting to happen. There is no love here just business. They fire people around the holidays they don't care if you have a family. – less
nice place
Clerical (Current Employee), Pataskala, OHOctober 27, 2014
nice place to work. enjoy work at Exel. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Just do it fast
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: they will sell you the left over damaged product usually cheaper than you can get it at the store, you can work as much overtime as you want when the work is available. 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
Cons: they keep you stressed about your score which is easily manipulated by those in the office
A typical day is when they tell you go as fast as you can or you wil be fired. If you can go faster you MAY but probably will not get an incentive bogus.That is why we call it bogus, it is an imaginary bonus. The positive is it does not matter if you do your job right because they will just have someone else go behind you and fix it. The important thing – more... is to do it fast even if it is wrong. They encourage you to go as fast as you can but are surprised every time some one hits something... – less

About Exel

Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 – Read more