Exel

Exel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great staff, great management team, excellent customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth.
Cons: the company moved back to los angeles county.
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth I started in scheduling then later cross trained to learn dispatch, receiving, and training new associates. My management team was one of the best to work with very positive motivating and knowledgeable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team and always met and exceeded our deadlines. The hardest part – more... of the job was learning the delivery zones which later I created a sheet categorizing the zones to help with that learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for growth and interacting with great customers. – less
Long work days, sometimes 12 hrs but rewarding work.
Customer Service Rep/Receiver (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: long hours caused no time for the gym
My day started at 7:00 am, receiving containers and other trucks, created, verified and closed Inbound receipts. Received all trucks coming into and out the yard. Kept an updated carrier log.
Created and updated spreadsheets so that management could access needed info for all inbound loads. Took care of all inbound emails including research. Helped – more... the outbound girl when needed.
Self taught this position since this is a fairly new establishment. Management changed often. Co-workers were great. We made a great team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was working with no management support and seeing staff coming and going. Enjoyed the long hard work with the co-workers and completed the day with all chores finished.. It felt great!
This was a contract job. My employer was Randstad. – less
Safe work environment and opportunity for advancement.
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Drove Forklift, shipping and receiving. Lots of overtime available. Lots of internal job postings.
Learning opportunity
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 2, 2013
Pros: free pizza
Exel is a great company to learn new skills. Management team is very caring and respectful. It is a good company to start a career in the oil sands and have an understanding of all material required to make a plant running.
productive work environment
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Bolton, ONOctober 31, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: not by seniority
it was fun working with co employee, learned how to be an independent workers.
Worst job EVER!
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayMarch 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everthing
Hour long bus ride to work 12 hour shift learned nothing VERY POOR training. WORST management ive ever seen in a company. Most of the co-works where alright some where very full of them selfs and un helpful.There was no enjoyable part of working for exel.I wouldent recommend anybody to work for exel.
Nice company to work for.
Order Packer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 15, 2013
Work load was heavy. I would prefer lighter duty.

I was part of the team and required fast pace work.
Too many processes
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2013
Pros: salary was commensurate
Cons: did not enjoy my time there
Disliked my manager after the first few months, Coworkers were quite helpful and friendly.
worldwide distribution company
ocean freight operation (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2013
Shortly after joined the company DHL merger EXEL, handled both DTD ocean freight and oil and gas project operations.
Good Work Environment
Material Handler (Current Employee), mississauga, ontSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: employees
Cons: little room for promotion
Having worked in Exel for approximately two years, i must say that it is a decent company to work for. the employees are close knit and look out for each other and upper management is approachable. the work load is steady through out the month, but at months end, there is an influx, and one has to work at double the speed and sometimes extra hours (voluntarily) – more... to meet and/ exceed the quota. – less
Productive and fun work place
Order Picker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free pizza
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work is picking products from the shelves. I learned how to organize my products in the pallet. the management cares about their employees, which, is good.the co-workers are helpful to new employees. the hardest part of the job is working in the freezer and the most enjoyable part of the job is picking.
Busy work environment will learn marketable skills
Supervisor (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 29, 2012
Pros: will learn marketable skills at the clerical or other office level
Cons: very demanding when you are salary, long work days and weekend work in order to keep up with customer demand
Past Salary Employee/ Supervisor Canada-not a good blend of work and family time. very demanding, and do not try to calculate an hourly wage if you factor in all the late nights, weekend work.You will be disappointed
However, you can really develope some marketable skills for when you leave. Canadian operations has very little growth so opportunities – more... for advancment is very very limited. – less
Standard warehouse employment
Material Handler and Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Bolton, ONApril 18, 2012
Pros: guaranteed, regular hours
Cons: no air conditioning
Standard warehouse environment. Peak season is summer, off-season is winter.
hard and fast pace
Scanner Operator (Former Employee), Bunker Hill, INJuly 18, 2014
Pros: pushed me everyday to learn and be better
it made everyday the same but different. I go into work , they would put me in a lot of other places to scan ,the docks also.. it always kept me learning more and how to make the things that where hard --very easy with time and patience.
Good warehousing company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), La Porte, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: no overtime
Employees are great to work with. Management is good. Not all managers have employees follow company policies though. This I have trouble with. Training at this company is really lacking.
Professional workplace
Operations Manager I (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, INJuly 16, 2014
Pros: day shift hours
Cons: work life balance and stabilility could be better
Manage a team of supervisors towards a common productive goal to deliver excellent customer service.
Awful management and just overall, not a nice place to work
Trainer (Former Employee), Johnstown, NYJuly 13, 2014
Pros: decent pay, vacation time after a year. holiday pay, hours aren't bad.
Cons: terrible management, not eco-friendly, too much drama and gossip, no room for advancement., they want you to be a robot.
I had about 2 pages written about this place and it would not let me post my review. It kept giving me an error that I had "inappropriate language", when the only word I used was butt, that could have been offensive. I will not retype the 2 pages. I will simply say that this is the worst place I have ever worked in my entire life. Upper management needs – more... to have a serious attitude adjustment. They are not any better than anyone else. The associate are the ones making the company money and deserve respect!! – less
this job was fun.
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Portage, INJuly 11, 2014
this was a great place to work; however the work was only temporary and there management team was horrible.
Fast paced / Buried in Paperwork
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), (Former Employee), Tatamy.PaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: employees and customer
Cons: managements arrogance 12 hour days
Changed shift times 3 times in under 60 days. Employees was great. Management was full of cocky individuals who blew off anyone's ideas that didnt follow their way of thinking. Making workers stay for 12 hours without reason. Was used to train people that made less money then me. Then I was called in and fired without warning .
Horrible company to work for.
Forklift (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 8, 2014
Pros: consistent scheduling
Cons: 0 job security. start looking for a new one
HR, Management, and supervising staff are full of it. Tons of last minute training, heads up, or warning about the process of how anything is suppose to get done. I was working 4 weeks straight no problems was instructed to do some work on my off day for them. Bust my butt, worked hard, on ti,e everyday and as soon as a small indecent happens that could – more... have easily been prevented if I was properly instructed on how things work. On the day they sent me home both managers that were on shift that day came to me and said. "We should have properly instructed you on how the operations of the door worked and that you was not suppose to go threw unless you're cleared for the area." Basically admitting to me that they had fault in my incident and I still got terminated. Over worked, underpaid, and they are under staffed. Management only cares about covering themselves – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Exel

Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 – Read more