Exel Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great all around experience
MHE Lead Hand (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Company appreciation days
Supervisors are great.
Operations Manager was easy to talk to and a great leader.
Daily Workload was manageable and enough to keep anyone busy from day to day.
Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: No job advancement
No career advancement and management is unorganized at times.
The pay is good about this company. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Dont go to this company exel dhl -albian shell
Material Handler (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2016
Pros: new warehouse, very safety practices
Cons: high turn over rate, WORST trainers ever!!!
If you have no choice and you can take the attitude of rude trainers here us well you just want money to pay bills this is the company for you.Im not going to waste my time in this company, theres a lot better company who can help you grow and contribute a lot for your career .poor benefits poor pay
easy work, poor management
Reciever (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: easy work, regular overtime
Cons: poorly managed
The work was easy if you are capable of lifting heavy items, and the work was consistent. The people were from allover the world and got along well.

The management was not the best at planing, or keeping everyone doing their jobs. Sometimes seemed like they didn't much care what their employees were doing. But they were always easy to talk to and get along with, and I believe most of their problems stem from lack of experience.
Great employee engagement
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Employee Opinion Survey yearly, Pot Lucks
Cons: Voluntary Time off
Great place of employment management was there when needed to answer any questions related to work. Company would provide lunches and dinners when working on weekends or additional overtime. Did not like making up time during weekend for 40 hour week would be interrupted due to lack of work. This resulted in working weekends but was optional for most employees. The system would drop a number of parcels to be picked on a daily bases most drops were on Tuesday to Thursday leaving Monday and Friday for voluntary time off. The hardest part was training individuals very high turn around rate. Individuals woulds stay for training and work a day or two after and hour of training for each day. This placed pressure on getting orders to be completed with time permitted. The job was great for voluntary work and proved effective in go green initiatives. The consistent meetings was great way to keep employee engaged.
good place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Would return there to work. Great people and environment to work. This was a very interesting and challenging place to work, each day was filled with new teachings.
friendly environment
parts controler (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 22, 2016
fun workplace with friendly environment.
best management site.
respectful and friendly co-workers.
best benefit .
very convenience
free parking and more spaces.
Not a place for young, physically fit, women to work.
Case Picker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: it paid enough that I could saved up some money for college
Cons: Unsafe practices
Afternoon shift was 3-11pm with a 30 minute lunch at 7pm. The high turnover rate for other temp workers created an uncomfortably for the lack of background checks (none at all) and not to mention the little care to following safety regulations. Also, had numerous incidence of harassment while working here and was the only woman who worked on my shift.
Great job culture
Light Packager (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Everyone is friendly and also committed to doing a good job. Typically, we package items or do labeling at a generally fast pace.The hardest part about the job is having to stand for 8 hours, but you get used to it. Overall a great place and great people.
Great place to work, but micro-managed
Material Handler/Operator (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABDecember 14, 2015
I loved working there. Great safety culture and good people to work with. However, the management was very particular about what they wanted in a rude way. All in all, wrecking the goof vibe
productive and relaxed(night shift)
Case Selector & Double Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: driving DPJ(double pallet jack), good community, room to move up.
Cons: low wage for amount of labour.
great people to work with
decent wage
room to move up
in house training
always busy
great supervisors
night shift rocks
feels like a family
learned a lot and improved my skills
Line Lead Customization (Former Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: There is always something to learn
Cons: The amount of interruptions we face on our daily routine
40 hrs a week .
I learned how to handle all kinds of situations
worked with supervisor
got along well with co workers
hardest part dealing with conflict
I enjoyed working and teaching temps
Multi sites - with opportunity
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Pros: People count
Cons: Can get lost in the herd
Exel is the global leader in 3PL and has many sites across the continent. If you are looking for the ability to stay with one company but work with different industries this may be the place for you. The people and culture though for me is what makes it work.
very fast paced work environment
Heavy Packer (Former Employee), brampton, onOctober 20, 2015
very fast paced and micromanaged working environment. all about production and speed of production. must be able to work at a fast pace and keep intensity throughout the work period
Friendly, operative, and development of the company.
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 9, 2015
Very friendly atmosphere and supportive team. Multitasking, dealing with carriers and organizing the orders on time are the lovable part of the job. Actively participating and hard working to the growth and development of the company.
very busy environment, very productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Bolton, ONSeptember 28, 2015
tasking orders, picking as per my resume, contact transportation
receiving products and put away inventory
enjoyed working there
INCOMPETANT MANAGEMENT
shipper (Former Employee), calgarySeptember 9, 2015
Cons: incompetant management that hide the truth
I found that the upper management in this warehouse doesn`t have a clue what they are doing and that they do not care about your safety as i was the ohs co chair and noted problems to management they did not care but instead decided that they had the right to terminate my co chair position that i was voted into
Poor management and training.
material handler (Former Employee), Kearl LakeAugust 20, 2015
Pros: okay salary, free coffee
Cons: harrassment not dealt with properly, long work hours, poor communication and work culture, no AC even though they said there is
Only got 1 hour training on each peice of MHE. If you are being treated poorly at work, do not go to management as they will simply fire you instead of actually dealing with the problem. If you feel unsafe at work, they will take as long as possible to find a solution. Upper management is impossible to get ahold of in Harrassment situations. The salary is not worth it.
Productive Company focused on the advancement of their associates
Co-Packaging Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Brantford, ONAugust 2, 2015
Exel has given me nothing short of every opportunity to advance in whatever direction I wish to go.
Safety driven and look out for their employees best interest.
Valuable work experience gained here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 17, 2015
Pros: positive, management
Cons: pay increases could have been higher
I learned a lot. Made many good friends. The company had faith in me as someone who was capable of more. I was given responsibilities and training to feel comfortable and succeed. It was sad when the contract we were working on was lost but the life-long positives were immeasurable.
Headquarters