Exel

Exel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great staff, great management team, excellent customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth.
Cons: the company moved back to los angeles county.
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth I started in scheduling then later cross trained to learn dispatch, receiving, and training new associates. My management team was one of the best to work with very positive motivating and knowledgeable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team and always met and exceeded our deadlines. The hardest part – more... of the job was learning the delivery zones which later I created a sheet categorizing the zones to help with that learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for growth and interacting with great customers. – less
Long work days, sometimes 12 hrs but rewarding work.
Customer Service Rep/Receiver (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: long hours caused no time for the gym
My day started at 7:00 am, receiving containers and other trucks, created, verified and closed Inbound receipts. Received all trucks coming into and out the yard. Kept an updated carrier log.
Created and updated spreadsheets so that management could access needed info for all inbound loads. Took care of all inbound emails including research. Helped – more... the outbound girl when needed.
Self taught this position since this is a fairly new establishment. Management changed often. Co-workers were great. We made a great team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was working with no management support and seeing staff coming and going. Enjoyed the long hard work with the co-workers and completed the day with all chores finished.. It felt great!
This was a contract job. My employer was Randstad. – less
Safe work environment and opportunity for advancement.
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Drove Forklift, shipping and receiving. Lots of overtime available. Lots of internal job postings.
Learning opportunity
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 2, 2013
Pros: free pizza
Exel is a great company to learn new skills. Management team is very caring and respectful. It is a good company to start a career in the oil sands and have an understanding of all material required to make a plant running.
Management have no idea how to run warehouse
Material Handler (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntMay 18, 2013
Pros: free food sometimes
Cons: no airconditioning hot hot in summer. dusty
Workload varies from a lot to a little or nothing. When workload is extreme they expect miracles for little pay. Hard to get permanent status. Co-workers ok. Supervisors clueless. Don't know how to organize or run a warehouse. A lot of repeated stock movement to new locations misplaced inventory.
Worst job EVER!
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayMarch 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everthing
Hour long bus ride to work 12 hour shift learned nothing VERY POOR training. WORST management ive ever seen in a company. Most of the co-works where alright some where very full of them selfs and un helpful.There was no enjoyable part of working for exel.I wouldent recommend anybody to work for exel.
Nice company to work for.
Order Packer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 15, 2013
Work load was heavy. I would prefer lighter duty.

I was part of the team and required fast pace work.
Too many processes
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2013
Pros: salary was commensurate
Cons: did not enjoy my time there
Disliked my manager after the first few months, Coworkers were quite helpful and friendly.
worldwide distribution company
ocean freight operation (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2013
Shortly after joined the company DHL merger EXEL, handled both DTD ocean freight and oil and gas project operations.
Good Work Environment
Material Handler (Current Employee), mississauga, ontSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: employees
Cons: little room for promotion
Having worked in Exel for approximately two years, i must say that it is a decent company to work for. the employees are close knit and look out for each other and upper management is approachable. the work load is steady through out the month, but at months end, there is an influx, and one has to work at double the speed and sometimes extra hours (voluntarily) – more... to meet and/ exceed the quota. – less
Productive and fun work place
Order Picker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free pizza
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work is picking products from the shelves. I learned how to organize my products in the pallet. the management cares about their employees, which, is good.the co-workers are helpful to new employees. the hardest part of the job is working in the freezer and the most enjoyable part of the job is picking.
Busy work environment will learn marketable skills
Supervisor (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 29, 2012
Pros: will learn marketable skills at the clerical or other office level
Cons: very demanding when you are salary, long work days and weekend work in order to keep up with customer demand
Past Salary Employee/ Supervisor Canada-not a good blend of work and family time. very demanding, and do not try to calculate an hourly wage if you factor in all the late nights, weekend work.You will be disappointed
However, you can really develope some marketable skills for when you leave. Canadian operations has very little growth so opportunities – more... for advancment is very very limited. – less
Standard warehouse employment
Material Handler and Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Bolton, ONApril 18, 2012
Pros: guaranteed, regular hours
Cons: no air conditioning
Standard warehouse environment. Peak season is summer, off-season is winter.
Good place to work with alot of potential growth
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 8, 2014
Pros: fast paced with potential advancement
Cons: work life balance is not a high priority
Exel is a very fast paced environment with potential for career growth. I met a number of people during my time with Exel and learned new skills related to the startup of new operations.
It was a job
Operations clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 6, 2014
Pros: learned alot about the insurance industry
Cons: management
This particular experience was not my best, hardly any room for advancement, management was not very supportive and I ultimately felt stuck in a nowhere job
Enjoy the work I do, but this site is poorly managed. The general manager allows his supervisors to mistreat and harass the workers.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 5, 2014
Pros: easy job, good pay if you work the overtime.
Cons: extremely poor management.
Enjoyed the work I did, but this site is poorly managed. The turnover rate is high. The general manager does not care about how things are run as long as the trucks are loaded on time. He allows his supervisors to mistreat and harass the workers. Management preaches about rewarding workers for good performance and initiatives, but they actually hold – more... back the employees who go above and beyond and allow the lazy worker's to get away with everything. The HR rep there is very flirtatious, unprofessional and she has inappropriate relationships with the workers. She will help you move up if you flirt with her, but if not she will tell lies to the GM to get you fired. The only good thing about this job is that it's easy work, the pay is decent if you work the ot. Hopefully the corporate office will get involved and bring in better management and turn it around. – less
A very Productive place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAApril 2, 2014
Exel Inc. was a wonderful warehouse job. one of the best i had in a while. you knew were to be and how to do your job and they made sure you had the things you needed to get the job done.
Great work place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 2, 2014
A great company to work for, with a great work force. All employees are friendly which make this a great place to work.
Great work place,
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Victorville, CAApril 2, 2014
The work place is fast and fun at the same time the coworkers make the work load go by fast, depending on who you work with. Its great pay, good experience.
Safe, productive, mission driven work enviroment
Site Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Beech islandMarch 31, 2014
Mentoring associates through safety awareness is a very rewarding days work. I make sure associates understand what a safe work environment means. Policies are their to protect associates and make them aware of the customer needs and expectations.
The hardest part of the job is to see associates ignore standards that result in hazards that become work – more... place accidents.
The best part of my job as a site safety supervisor is to know everyone went home safely. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Exel

For Exel, the goal is to excel at supply chain management. The company arranges for its customers' freight to be hauled in truckload – Read more