Exel

Exel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Competitive wages and great employees
Dock Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Brantford, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Good people and the wage is good especially for the area.

The front line supervisory staff has fluctuated from being very good to bad and in between over my years of employment.

However growth opportunities aren't as bountiful as it may seem there.

There is in my opinion they have a low ceiling.
Great staff, great management team, excellent customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth.
Cons: the company moved back to los angeles county.
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth I started in scheduling then later cross trained to learn dispatch, receiving, and training new associates. My management team was one of the best to work with very positive motivating and knowledgeable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team and always met and exceeded our deadlines. The hardest part – more... of the job was learning the delivery zones which later I created a sheet categorizing the zones to help with that learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for growth and interacting with great customers. – less
Long work days, sometimes 12 hrs but rewarding work.
Customer Service Rep/Receiver (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: long hours caused no time for the gym
My day started at 7:00 am, receiving containers and other trucks, created, verified and closed Inbound receipts. Received all trucks coming into and out the yard. Kept an updated carrier log.
Created and updated spreadsheets so that management could access needed info for all inbound loads. Took care of all inbound emails including research. Helped – more... the outbound girl when needed.
Self taught this position since this is a fairly new establishment. Management changed often. Co-workers were great. We made a great team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was working with no management support and seeing staff coming and going. Enjoyed the long hard work with the co-workers and completed the day with all chores finished.. It felt great!
This was a contract job. My employer was Randstad. – less
Safe work environment and opportunity for advancement.
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Drove Forklift, shipping and receiving. Lots of overtime available. Lots of internal job postings.
Learning opportunity
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 2, 2013
Pros: free pizza
Exel is a great company to learn new skills. Management team is very caring and respectful. It is a good company to start a career in the oil sands and have an understanding of all material required to make a plant running.
productive work environment
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Bolton, ONOctober 31, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: not by seniority
it was fun working with co employee, learned how to be an independent workers.
Management have no idea how to run warehouse
Material Handler (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntMay 18, 2013
Pros: free food sometimes
Cons: no airconditioning hot hot in summer. dusty
Workload varies from a lot to a little or nothing. When workload is extreme they expect miracles for little pay. Hard to get permanent status. Co-workers ok. Supervisors clueless. Don't know how to organize or run a warehouse. A lot of repeated stock movement to new locations misplaced inventory.
Worst job EVER!
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayMarch 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everthing
Hour long bus ride to work 12 hour shift learned nothing VERY POOR training. WORST management ive ever seen in a company. Most of the co-works where alright some where very full of them selfs and un helpful.There was no enjoyable part of working for exel.I wouldent recommend anybody to work for exel.
Nice company to work for.
Order Packer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 15, 2013
Work load was heavy. I would prefer lighter duty.

I was part of the team and required fast pace work.
Too many processes
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2013
Pros: salary was commensurate
Cons: did not enjoy my time there
Disliked my manager after the first few months, Coworkers were quite helpful and friendly.
worldwide distribution company
ocean freight operation (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2013
Shortly after joined the company DHL merger EXEL, handled both DTD ocean freight and oil and gas project operations.
Good Work Environment
Material Handler (Current Employee), mississauga, ontSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: employees
Cons: little room for promotion
Having worked in Exel for approximately two years, i must say that it is a decent company to work for. the employees are close knit and look out for each other and upper management is approachable. the work load is steady through out the month, but at months end, there is an influx, and one has to work at double the speed and sometimes extra hours (voluntarily) – more... to meet and/ exceed the quota. – less
Productive and fun work place
Order Picker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free pizza
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work is picking products from the shelves. I learned how to organize my products in the pallet. the management cares about their employees, which, is good.the co-workers are helpful to new employees. the hardest part of the job is working in the freezer and the most enjoyable part of the job is picking.
Busy work environment will learn marketable skills
Supervisor (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 29, 2012
Pros: will learn marketable skills at the clerical or other office level
Cons: very demanding when you are salary, long work days and weekend work in order to keep up with customer demand
Past Salary Employee/ Supervisor Canada-not a good blend of work and family time. very demanding, and do not try to calculate an hourly wage if you factor in all the late nights, weekend work.You will be disappointed
However, you can really develope some marketable skills for when you leave. Canadian operations has very little growth so opportunities – more... for advancment is very very limited. – less
Standard warehouse employment
Material Handler and Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Bolton, ONApril 18, 2012
Pros: guaranteed, regular hours
Cons: no air conditioning
Standard warehouse environment. Peak season is summer, off-season is winter.
A Proactive Opportunit to Build Logistics Knowledge
Load Planner (Current Employee), Livonia, MINovember 23, 2014
A great organization to build your career and understand the field of logistics and transportation. There are numerous opportunities for individuals to expand their knowledge and further themselves in the industry.
work place fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Woodland, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: pot lucks free safety lunches all the time
Cons: some people just are not team players that always makes it a little rough
Worked 10 hour shifts 50 hours a week most or the time I was there every day it was in the fast lane.I loved it I only missed 1 day the time I was there .Management love me because I'm tough and fast and fair.I get along with everyone had pot lucks all the time we were always positive.The hardest part of the job is I only speak english which in times – more... made it a little rough.The best thing about the job is that when I went home I new I done a good job for the day and that was every day or else I would have never lasted. – less
MANAGEABLE
Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 19, 2014
JUST LIKE ANY COMPANY IT HAS ITS UPS AND DOWNS BUT IVE BEEN HERE OVER A YEAR SO IT MUST BE ALRIGHT.
Data Entry
Settlement Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Good working enviroment, awsome company to grow with. i learned a lot from my upline, that became useful in my everyday life.
Good benefits ,weekends off!
Material Handler/ Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Davenport, FLNovember 17, 2014
Pros: medical insurance, weekends and holidays off.
Cons: it's all 2nd shift so no time to spend with your family during the week.
The job is very repetitive which can be good or bad. No career advancement on this particular site but you can if you are willing to move to Ohio, who moves from Florida to Ohio anyways? ...Oh wait!

1 2 3 4 5

About Exel

Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 – Read more