Exel Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great all around experience
MHE Lead Hand (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Company appreciation days
Supervisors are great.
Operations Manager was easy to talk to and a great leader.
Daily Workload was manageable and enough to keep anyone busy from day to day.
Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: No job advancement
No career advancement and management is unorganized at times.
The pay is good about this company. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Dont go to this company exel dhl -albian shell
Material Handler (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2016
Pros: new warehouse, very safety practices
Cons: high turn over rate, WORST trainers ever!!!
If you have no choice and you can take the attitude of rude trainers here us well you just want money to pay bills this is the company for you.Im not going to waste my time in this company, theres a lot better company who can help you grow and contribute a lot for your career .poor benefits poor pay
Great employee engagement
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Employee Opinion Survey yearly, Pot Lucks
Cons: Voluntary Time off
Great place of employment management was there when needed to answer any questions related to work. Company would provide lunches and dinners when working on weekends or additional overtime. Did not like making up time during weekend for 40 hour week would be interrupted due to lack of work. This resulted in working weekends but was optional for most employees. The system would drop a number of parcels to be picked on a daily bases most drops were on Tuesday to Thursday leaving Monday and Friday for voluntary time off. The hardest part was training individuals very high turn around rate. Individuals woulds stay for training and work a day or two after and hour of training for each day. This placed pressure on getting orders to be completed with time permitted. The job was great for voluntary work and proved effective in go green initiatives. The consistent meetings was great way to keep employee engaged.
good place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Would return there to work. Great people and environment to work. This was a very interesting and challenging place to work, each day was filled with new teachings.
friendly environment
parts controler (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 22, 2016
fun workplace with friendly environment.
best management site.
respectful and friendly co-workers.
best benefit .
very convenience
free parking and more spaces.
Not a place for young, physically fit, women to work.
Case Picker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: it paid enough that I could saved up some money for college
Cons: Unsafe practices
Afternoon shift was 3-11pm with a 30 minute lunch at 7pm. The high turnover rate for other temp workers created an uncomfortably for the lack of background checks (none at all) and not to mention the little care to following safety regulations. Also, had numerous incidence of harassment while working here and was the only woman who worked on my shift.
Great job culture
Light Packager (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Everyone is friendly and also committed to doing a good job. Typically, we package items or do labeling at a generally fast pace.The hardest part about the job is having to stand for 8 hours, but you get used to it. Overall a great place and great people.
Great place to work, but micro-managed
Material Handler/Operator (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABDecember 14, 2015
I loved working there. Great safety culture and good people to work with. However, the management was very particular about what they wanted in a rude way. All in all, wrecking the goof vibe
productive and relaxed(night shift)
Case Selector & Double Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: driving DPJ(double pallet jack), good community, room to move up.
Cons: low wage for amount of labour.
great people to work with
decent wage
night shift rocks
feels like a family
INCOMPETANT MANAGEMENT
shipper (Former Employee), calgarySeptember 9, 2015
Cons: incompetant management that hide the truth
I found that the upper management in this warehouse doesn`t have a clue what they are doing and that they do not care about your safety as i was the ohs co chair and noted problems to management they did not care but instead decided that they had the right to terminate my co chair position that i was voted into
Poor management and training.
material handler (Former Employee), Kearl LakeAugust 20, 2015
Pros: okay salary, free coffee
Cons: harrassment not dealt with properly, long work hours, poor communication and work culture, no AC even though they said there is
Only got 1 hour training on each peice of MHE. If you are being treated poorly at work, do not go to management as they will simply fire you instead of actually dealing with the problem. If you feel unsafe at work, they will take as long as possible to find a solution. Upper management is impossible to get ahold of in Harrassment situations. The salary is not worth it.
Okay place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 12, 2015
Good employees but difficult managers. Receive poor training at first because of fear you will take their job. After you get to know everyone your workday becomes more enjoyable.
Efficient and Powerful Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Exel is a world leader in the 3PL business sector, delivery effective and efficient solutions for the clients.
Exel also delivers competitive wages and salary benifits.
Working at Exel provides great life experiences and great coaching and mentoring experiences.
Brand new job
Product Line Tech (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABDecember 28, 2014
I find myself comfortable in my position. I have only started, but I know that I will enjoy the time that I spend at Exel.
Competitive wages and great employees
Dock Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Brantford, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Good people and the wage is good especially for the area.

The front line supervisory staff has fluctuated from being very good to bad and in between over my years of employment.

However growth opportunities aren't as bountiful as it may seem there.

There is in my opinion they have a low ceiling.
Great staff, great management team, excellent customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth.
Cons: the company moved back to los angeles county.
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth I started in scheduling then later cross trained to learn dispatch, receiving, and training new associates. My management team was one of the best to work with very positive motivating and knowledgeable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team and always met and exceeded our deadlines. The hardest part of the job was learning the delivery zones which later I created a sheet categorizing the zones to help with that learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for growth and interacting with great customers.
Long work days, sometimes 12 hrs but rewarding work.
Customer Service Rep/Receiver (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: long hours caused no time for the gym
My day started at 7:00 am, receiving containers and other trucks, created, verified and closed Inbound receipts. Received all trucks coming into and out the yard. Kept an updated carrier log.
Created and updated spreadsheets so that management could access needed info for all inbound loads. Took care of all inbound emails including research. Helped the outbound girl when needed.
Self taught this position since this is a fairly new establishment. Management changed often. Co-workers were great. We made a great team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was working with no management support and seeing staff coming and going. Enjoyed the long hard work with the co-workers and completed the day with all chores finished.. It felt great!
This was a contract job. My employer was Randstad.
Safe work environment and opportunity for advancement.
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Drove Forklift, shipping and receiving. Lots of overtime available. Lots of internal job postings.
Learning opportunity
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 2, 2013
Pros: free pizza
Exel is a great company to learn new skills. Management team is very caring and respectful. It is a good company to start a career in the oil sands and have an understanding of all material required to make a plant running.
Headquarters