The Senior Lease Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide expertise, direction, and support to the field offices in order to ensure timely, accurate lease interpretation, and input into our data system . This role will work closely with property managers and leasing teams to properly interpret lease agreement language including accurately transferring this data into the system database and perform a series of reconciliations to insure its accuracy.
The Senior Lease Administrator must maintain a strong awareness of internal controls and assist in the establishment of company policies designed to maintain these controls. He/she must ensure that policies and procedures are followed without exception and be able to correctly interpret polices when making decisions.
This role will be closely involved with property acquisitions as it relates to preparing lease abstracts, and setting up property and tenant information in the system database as well as assisting in preparing quarterly operation reports for management’s review and public reporting.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years negotiating and administering commercial leases.
- Post Secondary Degree, Business Administration or Finance preferred.
- Paralegal Certificate from an accredited paralegal program is a plus.
- Requires at least 3-5 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry with in-depth exposure to lease documents.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial leases/contracts and real estate terms as they apply to Canadian legal principles.
- Requires high level of attention-to-detail for reliable accuracy.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook - speed and quality of work is imperative. Intermediate to Advanced skills in Word and Excel is preferred.
- Ability to learn new computer software.
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills.
- Committed to production of timely, high quality, accurate work.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Liaise between Property Management, Accounting, Leasing and Executive staff
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to interact with co-workers in a professional manner.
Competitive Salary and Comprehensive Benefits Package